- Activists call for a SodaStream boycott at the 2013 Cannes … 0
- Video: Palestinian demonstrators break a hole in the wall during … 0
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 1
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: Disappearing Massad, disappearing Palestine 0
- Lapid says ‘Israelis want peace and security and Palestinians want … 4
- Birthright guide turned US youths’ eyes away from refugee camps, … 2
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 20
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 782
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 105
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 89
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 94
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 73
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 72
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ http://t.co/IiL1P0hW5p, 2 hours ago
- Video: Palestinian demonstrators break a hole in the wall during protest commemorating the Nakba http://t.co/cWsoOsAoFy, 2 hours ago
- Lapid says ‘Israelis want peace and security and Palestinians want peace and justice’ http://t.co/rGAQJVloa8, 2 hours ago
- Exile and the Prophetic: Disappearing Massad, disappearing Palestine http://t.co/jilG67kdzl, 2 hours ago
- Birthright guide turned US youths’ eyes away from refugee camps, settlements http://t.co/4PjDh3VFMW, 2 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ forum on Nakba (47)
- Shmuel: You also have to consider that Jewish Israelis enjoy greater credibility here because they are viewed as...
- German Lefty: As interesting as the struggle over the Nakba (including “if”) within Jewish Israeli society may be,...
- Philip Weiss: I should have echoed Shmuel’s point about Lia Tarachansky and Eitan Bronstein in the post. Lia...
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (1)
- Les: Israel Shahak was so stunned to discover the real Ben-Gurion in the archives, that he was compelled to set...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (20)
- Lapid says ‘Israelis want peace and security and Palestinians want peace and justice’ (4)
- Birthright guide turned US youths’ eyes away from refugee camps, settlements (2)
- james1118: I happy to add that individuals like Miko Peled, Norman Finklestein and others confront the disgusting...
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ forum on Nakba (47)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Flotilla
Using secret travel ban, Israel prepares to deport activist Adam Shapiro preventing him from being at the birth of his first child
Adam Shapiro, co-founder of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), will be deported Wednesday evening after flying to Israel for the birth of his son. Shapiro’s wife Huwaida Arraf says Israel claims he was presented with Hebrew document in 2009 that stipulated a 10-year entry ban, but she says, “this is the first time he’s been told he has a 10-year ban.” Shapiro’s looming deportation demonstrates that Israel not only issues entry bans, but also conceals them until the time of arrival.
Several hundred Palestinian fishermen rallied on the Mediterranean Sea Sunday, March 3rd, sailing a flotilla of more than 50 boats from the Gaza seaport to the northern town of Beit Lahia and back to demand the return of 36 fishing boats seized by Israel.
As Turkey is now conducting trials of four high level Israeli officials for the attack on the Mavi Marmara on May 31, 2010, the question of who started the violence and who was acting to defend themselves when Israeli forces stormed the flotilla is not in doubt. The trial in Turkey could be the beginning of the end of impunity for those responsible.
In May 2010, 18-year-old American citizen Furkan Dogan (above) was shot at point-blank range by Israeli naval commandos as he was standing on the deck of a ship and filming the violent raid on the flotilla to Gaza. The Center for Constitutional Rights has published materials acquired through the Freedom of Information Act which document the U.S. government’s actions in the aftermath of the flotilla attack. They provide compelling evidence of how the U.S. government abandoned one of its own citizens who was killed by the Israeli military.
The Netanyahu-Lieberman alliance will accelerate isolationism and discrimination When I interviewed Professor Avi Shlaim last month, he said that the current Israeli government was “is the most right-wing, the most hawkish, the most uncompromising … in Israel’s entire history”. That … Continue reading
WAFA: Israel denied in September 16 Gaza patients, including one child, the right to travel to the West Bank to receive medical treatment, according to the World Health Organization’s monthly report on referral of patients from the Gaza Strip published Monday.
Now released from detention in Ashdod, Israeli activists who were aboard the Estelle Ship to Gaza say the Israeli Navy beat them and used tasers.
Settler strips, insult Prophet’ in south Hebron village HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers in the south Hebron hills assaulted Palestinian villagers on Friday evening, residents told Ma’an. Three Israelis from the Karmel settlement entered Um al-Kher village, and one threw rocks … Continue reading
This morning at 10:15 Jerusalem time masked Israeli commandos took over the Estelle, a Gaza-bound aid ship, and rerouted the passenger vessel to Ashdod Port in Southern Israel.
Henry Norr calls the decision of the Estelle, the boat that is now making its way to Gaza to challenge the Israeli siege, to disinvite Ann Wright, “sheer madness,” and “guilt by association.” This Language is both wrong and false.
Col. Ann Wright: “Two days ago, on October 13, three hours before I was to board a flight to Europe to meet up with the Swedish boat to Gaza, the “Estelle,” the next boat to challenge the Israeli blockade, I was called by a board member of the Estelle who said that because of the furor around Greta Berlin’s posting and because I am a member of the new, 2 week old board of the Free Gaza Movement, I was no longer invited to be a passenger on the “Estelle.”
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation WATCH: IDF declares Palestinian grazing lands closed military zone Last Saturday, a group of Ta’ayush activists traveled to the South Hebron Hills to provide support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation / Refugees Devout Israeli Jews moving to Arab-Jewish cities Orthodox Jewish Israelis, the driving force of the West Bank settlement movement, have begun to turn … Continue reading
Hamas declines invite to Iran summit, citing Palestinian unity GAZA CITY (Reuters) — The Hamas government in Gaza said it had declined an invitation to a meeting of 120 developing nations in Tehran this week, heading off a potential confrontation … Continue reading
Joint statement from the Guardian and Joshua Treviño on ending his position at the newspaper.
Last week, The Guardian announced a surprising addition to its editorial team: Joshua Treviño (pictured above in the Guardian’s NYC office), a former speechwriter for George W. Bush and co-founder of the right-wing RedState.com. Soon, Electronic Intifada reproduced tweets in which Treviño declared that it would be “cool” with him if Israel shot the participants in the 2011 Gaza Freedom Flotilla, then went on to observe that the flotilla was “not morally different from a Nazi convoy.”
The Romney campaign attacks Obama’s commitment to Israel, despite the president’s staunchly pro-Israel platform.
Launched in May 2012, Gaza’s Ark (GazaArk.org) is a new campaign in cooperation with organizations and individuals in Palestine, Canada, Australia and the U.S. which aims to build hope on the ground in Gaza in order to sail from Palestine against the blockade.
Is the siege of Gaza only about Israeli control over Palestinian territory, or are larger economic and geopolitical forces at work, including the lucrative natural gas fields?
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
The nine Turks killed aboard the relief ship trying to bring supplies to Gaza 2 years ago are remembered by those they sought to help
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade
Land / Property and Resource Theft / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement Israeli gov’t funds new settlement project Ramallah, May 29 (Petra) — Israel’s municipality of Jerusalem and the Ministry of Tourism will jointly earmark more than $4 million … Continue reading