- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 0
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of wall near Bethlehem … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 16
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 2
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 2
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 34
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 2
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 1
- Two desperate anti-Semitism charges, from Foxman and Boteach 0
- To reach the ‘moveable middle’ in Jewish life, you must … 0
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 0
- About that special relationship… 0
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the … 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now … 0
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 0
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 103
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 96
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate http://t.co/H3MZ8nHyu7 http://t.co/BuhX4IHfTe, 3 mins ago
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of Israeli seperation wall near Bethlehem - Ma'an http://t.co/c2gMBYyA4J http://t.co/5EprfQMfTE, 13 mins ago
- RT @ISMNablus: “Kiss and hug your mother goodbye,” a Shabak agent told one boy. “You may never see her again.” #HaresBoysFree >> http://t.co/eK6jv2gccN, 16 mins ago
- RT @alexbkane: How quickly some people forget being the subject of smears. Here @MJayRosenberg smears Mondoweiss https://t.co/MXlc7klmeF, 34 mins ago
- RT @stevesalaita: People sometimes ask me who my hero is. There are many, but nobody you've heard of. Here are a few of them: http://t.co/YiQZnqRoKu, 40 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (34)
- Ellen: Brenda, great post. In a somewhat defense of Berg: I think for many the trouble with supporting BDS is that...
- Philip Munger: MJ Rosenberg piled on on Twitter Tuesday, implying that Max (in his Mondoweiss article earlier in the...
- Susan A: Yes Krauss: Ilan Pappe said recently that there isn’t (any longer?) such a thing as a ‘liberal...
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (16)
- lobewyper: It’s very encouraging that Friedman appears to be getting on board. His columns reach many of the...
- Woody Tanaka: “Can someone tell me what giving the Israelis another three years will accomplish?” The...
- pabelmont: Powerful thinkers often fail to be powerful as militarists. Give them 3 years? Give ‘em hell! But...
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. She says no (1)
- pabelmont: US S/C considers ban on lies in political campaigns.. Which way would this cut? Were these facebook...
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu (107)
- talknic: @ Mike_Konrad “But West Bank?! No way!” So when was it changed back to Judea and Samaria after...
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied access to Jerusalem (7)
- CloakAndDagger: Ooops! I missed your sarcasm!!
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in West Bank (2)
- pabelmont: Mariam Barghouti and other translators (and reporters) should learn from this. Those who can should...
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (34)
Category Archives: Flotilla
An American teenager is shot execution style by foreign forces– how long can Obama ignore quest for justice for Furkan Dogan?
The father of Furkan Dogan isn’t giving up. Ahmet Dogan is still searching for accountability and a U.S. investigation into the death of his son, who was shot on board the Mavi Marmara. Now, a petition drive has been launched by a coalition of American groups to back up Ahmet Dogan’s quest.
Using secret travel ban, Israel prepares to deport activist Adam Shapiro preventing him from being at the birth of his first child
Adam Shapiro, co-founder of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), will be deported Wednesday evening after flying to Israel for the birth of his son. Shapiro’s wife Huwaida Arraf says Israel claims he was presented with Hebrew document in 2009 that stipulated a 10-year entry ban, but she says, “this is the first time he’s been told he has a 10-year ban.” Shapiro’s looming deportation demonstrates that Israel not only issues entry bans, but also conceals them until the time of arrival.
Several hundred Palestinian fishermen rallied on the Mediterranean Sea Sunday, March 3rd, sailing a flotilla of more than 50 boats from the Gaza seaport to the northern town of Beit Lahia and back to demand the return of 36 fishing boats seized by Israel.
As Turkey is now conducting trials of four high level Israeli officials for the attack on the Mavi Marmara on May 31, 2010, the question of who started the violence and who was acting to defend themselves when Israeli forces stormed the flotilla is not in doubt. The trial in Turkey could be the beginning of the end of impunity for those responsible.
In May 2010, 18-year-old American citizen Furkan Dogan (above) was shot at point-blank range by Israeli naval commandos as he was standing on the deck of a ship and filming the violent raid on the flotilla to Gaza. The Center for Constitutional Rights has published materials acquired through the Freedom of Information Act which document the U.S. government’s actions in the aftermath of the flotilla attack. They provide compelling evidence of how the U.S. government abandoned one of its own citizens who was killed by the Israeli military.
The Netanyahu-Lieberman alliance will accelerate isolationism and discrimination When I interviewed Professor Avi Shlaim last month, he said that the current Israeli government was “is the most right-wing, the most hawkish, the most uncompromising … in Israel’s entire history”. That … Continue reading
WAFA: Israel denied in September 16 Gaza patients, including one child, the right to travel to the West Bank to receive medical treatment, according to the World Health Organization’s monthly report on referral of patients from the Gaza Strip published Monday.
Now released from detention in Ashdod, Israeli activists who were aboard the Estelle Ship to Gaza say the Israeli Navy beat them and used tasers.
Settler strips, insult Prophet’ in south Hebron village HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers in the south Hebron hills assaulted Palestinian villagers on Friday evening, residents told Ma’an. Three Israelis from the Karmel settlement entered Um al-Kher village, and one threw rocks … Continue reading
This morning at 10:15 Jerusalem time masked Israeli commandos took over the Estelle, a Gaza-bound aid ship, and rerouted the passenger vessel to Ashdod Port in Southern Israel.
Henry Norr calls the decision of the Estelle, the boat that is now making its way to Gaza to challenge the Israeli siege, to disinvite Ann Wright, “sheer madness,” and “guilt by association.” This Language is both wrong and false.
Col. Ann Wright: “Two days ago, on October 13, three hours before I was to board a flight to Europe to meet up with the Swedish boat to Gaza, the “Estelle,” the next boat to challenge the Israeli blockade, I was called by a board member of the Estelle who said that because of the furor around Greta Berlin’s posting and because I am a member of the new, 2 week old board of the Free Gaza Movement, I was no longer invited to be a passenger on the “Estelle.”
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation WATCH: IDF declares Palestinian grazing lands closed military zone Last Saturday, a group of Ta’ayush activists traveled to the South Hebron Hills to provide support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation / Refugees Devout Israeli Jews moving to Arab-Jewish cities Orthodox Jewish Israelis, the driving force of the West Bank settlement movement, have begun to turn … Continue reading
Hamas declines invite to Iran summit, citing Palestinian unity GAZA CITY (Reuters) — The Hamas government in Gaza said it had declined an invitation to a meeting of 120 developing nations in Tehran this week, heading off a potential confrontation … Continue reading
Joint statement from the Guardian and Joshua Treviño on ending his position at the newspaper.
Last week, The Guardian announced a surprising addition to its editorial team: Joshua Treviño (pictured above in the Guardian’s NYC office), a former speechwriter for George W. Bush and co-founder of the right-wing RedState.com. Soon, Electronic Intifada reproduced tweets in which Treviño declared that it would be “cool” with him if Israel shot the participants in the 2011 Gaza Freedom Flotilla, then went on to observe that the flotilla was “not morally different from a Nazi convoy.”
The Romney campaign attacks Obama’s commitment to Israel, despite the president’s staunchly pro-Israel platform.
Launched in May 2012, Gaza’s Ark (GazaArk.org) is a new campaign in cooperation with organizations and individuals in Palestine, Canada, Australia and the U.S. which aims to build hope on the ground in Gaza in order to sail from Palestine against the blockade.
Is the siege of Gaza only about Israeli control over Palestinian territory, or are larger economic and geopolitical forces at work, including the lucrative natural gas fields?
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
The nine Turks killed aboard the relief ship trying to bring supplies to Gaza 2 years ago are remembered by those they sought to help
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade