- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift … 15
- No justice, no peace — in Gaza or Ferguson 5
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for … 9
- ‘Absolutely not!’ — Young Colorado Jews meet hostility when they … 15
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing 30
- We must disrupt the status quo (and that’s why I … 4
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel … 36
- What’s 7 letters and begins with Z and runs in … 13
- ‘Bombing the Dead’ — Max Blumenthal in Gaza 0
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 0
- Israel accuses Gaza children of using Hamas as human shields 0
- Israel correctly fears its ‘delegitimizers,’ says leftwing member of Irish … 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for **fourth** day in ‘Blocking … 0
- West Bank man detained at Allenby crossing for 28 days … 0
- Lobbyist tells Eliot Engel he has ‘the blood of hundreds … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 107
- The Walzer Problem 96
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- RT @JonDonnison: Way some Israel twitter supporters band around term "anti-semite" is disrespectful to millions of jews who faced persecution over history., 8 hours ago
- RT @LauraTanenbaum: Great @Mondoweiss coverage of our UJA protest by @alexbkane: (I'm holding the sign in second pic): http://t.co/lMoteX2Bzf, 8 hours ago
- RT @yaacovlozowick: Mondoweiss published an email of mine. Feel free to pile onto the comments section if they let you (moderated) http://t.co/4wYtZU9LW4, 9 hours ago
- PHOTO: Dima & Kamal Qadan display bombs dropped onto their Rafah home by Israeli warplanes http://t.co/ClygZvf6ET http://t.co/465YhPitEk, 12 hours ago
- .@DanCohen3000 reports: Despite ravages of war, Gaza overwhelmingly supports armed resistance to lift the siege http://t.co/Lo8p5Xv1SJ, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege (15)
- Comments Policy (337)
- tree: CBC, Take heart. You are probably not doing anything wrong. Moderation here is for the most part done on a...
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for supporting attacks on Gaza (9)
- yonah fredman: prologue: consisting of sentence fragments, meant to convey the feelings conjured by the topic rather...
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing (30)
- Philip Munger: Six years ago, I had a student in my music history class who was an excellent student, but was a...
- Philip Munger: Nine years ago, I had a young woman in my music history class who was an excellent student, but was a...
- just: good comment, Stephen. “politely and respectfully challenging their opinions.” isn’t that...
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means killing children’ (136)
Category Archives: Flotilla
An American teenager is shot execution style by foreign forces– how long can Obama ignore quest for justice for Furkan Dogan?
The father of Furkan Dogan isn’t giving up. Ahmet Dogan is still searching for accountability and a U.S. investigation into the death of his son, who was shot on board the Mavi Marmara. Now, a petition drive has been launched by a coalition of American groups to back up Ahmet Dogan’s quest.
Using secret travel ban, Israel prepares to deport activist Adam Shapiro preventing him from being at the birth of his first child
Adam Shapiro, co-founder of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), will be deported Wednesday evening after flying to Israel for the birth of his son. Shapiro’s wife Huwaida Arraf says Israel claims he was presented with Hebrew document in 2009 that stipulated a 10-year entry ban, but she says, “this is the first time he’s been told he has a 10-year ban.” Shapiro’s looming deportation demonstrates that Israel not only issues entry bans, but also conceals them until the time of arrival.
Several hundred Palestinian fishermen rallied on the Mediterranean Sea Sunday, March 3rd, sailing a flotilla of more than 50 boats from the Gaza seaport to the northern town of Beit Lahia and back to demand the return of 36 fishing boats seized by Israel.
As Turkey is now conducting trials of four high level Israeli officials for the attack on the Mavi Marmara on May 31, 2010, the question of who started the violence and who was acting to defend themselves when Israeli forces stormed the flotilla is not in doubt. The trial in Turkey could be the beginning of the end of impunity for those responsible.
In May 2010, 18-year-old American citizen Furkan Dogan (above) was shot at point-blank range by Israeli naval commandos as he was standing on the deck of a ship and filming the violent raid on the flotilla to Gaza. The Center for Constitutional Rights has published materials acquired through the Freedom of Information Act which document the U.S. government’s actions in the aftermath of the flotilla attack. They provide compelling evidence of how the U.S. government abandoned one of its own citizens who was killed by the Israeli military.
The Netanyahu-Lieberman alliance will accelerate isolationism and discrimination When I interviewed Professor Avi Shlaim last month, he said that the current Israeli government was “is the most right-wing, the most hawkish, the most uncompromising … in Israel’s entire history”. That … Continue reading
WAFA: Israel denied in September 16 Gaza patients, including one child, the right to travel to the West Bank to receive medical treatment, according to the World Health Organization’s monthly report on referral of patients from the Gaza Strip published Monday.
Now released from detention in Ashdod, Israeli activists who were aboard the Estelle Ship to Gaza say the Israeli Navy beat them and used tasers.
Settler strips, insult Prophet’ in south Hebron village HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers in the south Hebron hills assaulted Palestinian villagers on Friday evening, residents told Ma’an. Three Israelis from the Karmel settlement entered Um al-Kher village, and one threw rocks … Continue reading
This morning at 10:15 Jerusalem time masked Israeli commandos took over the Estelle, a Gaza-bound aid ship, and rerouted the passenger vessel to Ashdod Port in Southern Israel.
Henry Norr calls the decision of the Estelle, the boat that is now making its way to Gaza to challenge the Israeli siege, to disinvite Ann Wright, “sheer madness,” and “guilt by association.” This Language is both wrong and false.
Col. Ann Wright: “Two days ago, on October 13, three hours before I was to board a flight to Europe to meet up with the Swedish boat to Gaza, the “Estelle,” the next boat to challenge the Israeli blockade, I was called by a board member of the Estelle who said that because of the furor around Greta Berlin’s posting and because I am a member of the new, 2 week old board of the Free Gaza Movement, I was no longer invited to be a passenger on the “Estelle.”
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation WATCH: IDF declares Palestinian grazing lands closed military zone Last Saturday, a group of Ta’ayush activists traveled to the South Hebron Hills to provide support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation / Refugees Devout Israeli Jews moving to Arab-Jewish cities Orthodox Jewish Israelis, the driving force of the West Bank settlement movement, have begun to turn … Continue reading
Hamas declines invite to Iran summit, citing Palestinian unity GAZA CITY (Reuters) — The Hamas government in Gaza said it had declined an invitation to a meeting of 120 developing nations in Tehran this week, heading off a potential confrontation … Continue reading
Joint statement from the Guardian and Joshua Treviño on ending his position at the newspaper.
Last week, The Guardian announced a surprising addition to its editorial team: Joshua Treviño (pictured above in the Guardian’s NYC office), a former speechwriter for George W. Bush and co-founder of the right-wing RedState.com. Soon, Electronic Intifada reproduced tweets in which Treviño declared that it would be “cool” with him if Israel shot the participants in the 2011 Gaza Freedom Flotilla, then went on to observe that the flotilla was “not morally different from a Nazi convoy.”
The Romney campaign attacks Obama’s commitment to Israel, despite the president’s staunchly pro-Israel platform.
Launched in May 2012, Gaza’s Ark (GazaArk.org) is a new campaign in cooperation with organizations and individuals in Palestine, Canada, Australia and the U.S. which aims to build hope on the ground in Gaza in order to sail from Palestine against the blockade.
Is the siege of Gaza only about Israeli control over Palestinian territory, or are larger economic and geopolitical forces at work, including the lucrative natural gas fields?
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
The nine Turks killed aboard the relief ship trying to bring supplies to Gaza 2 years ago are remembered by those they sought to help
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade