- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 4
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 28
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 38
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 4
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 18
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 9
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 8
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 107
- Israel lobby group compiles secret dossiers on pro-Palestinian speakers 102
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 84
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 4 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 4 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 8 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 9 hours ago
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department 'midwives' democracy http://t.co/2nA5CBXhOc, 9 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (28)
- RudyM: There definitely is a Word of Life church in Kiev connected to Ulf Ekman, so apparently yes:...
- DICKERSON3870: P.S. ALSO SEE – “Ukraine: Secretive Neo-Nazi Military Organization Involved in Euromaidan...
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “We’ve invested over $5 billion to assist Ukraine in these and other goals that will ensure...
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the ‘peace process’ (18)
- seafoid: Bibi has a great strategy. Kick the can down the road . Never fails.
- State Dept to ‘check out’ vicious attack on Palestinian athletes (80)
- gamal: “just imagine what would have happened to the players in Saudi Arabia or Mali!” exactly also kicking...
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to another form of bigotry? (108)
- lyn117: @JeffB Recent immigrants to the U.S. come here almost exclusively to become U.S. citizens and adopt...
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (38)
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ (9)
- Clif Brown: You would think it standard practice to have a large digital timer on the wall that officials could not...
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ (85)
- gamal: “Do they build Russian Othodox churches in Israel?” I have read that they do. Of course they are...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (28)
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
Judith Butler, Rashid Khalidi and over 150 other scholars condemn censorship, intimidation of Israel critics
An open letter calling on “cultural and educational institutions to have the courage and the principle to stand for, and safeguard, the very principles of free expression and the free exchange of ideas that make those institutions possible.”
Photos of Israeli police threatening journalists at gunpoint in Jerusalem.
A statement signed by 31 University of Hawai’i faculty members in response to the University administration’s condemnation of the ASA resolution in support of the academic boycott of Israel
On February 25th, an AIPAC member called a CODEPINK staffer threatening legal action in response to a controversial video clip that he alleges was made by the peace group CODEPINK.
A parody video on the 2014 AIPAC Policy Conference that takes place March 2-4 in Washington D.C.
Mondoweiss reader Bill Haywood has produced a video showing a truly DIY method of carbonating your beverages at home.
Renowned cartoonists and illustrators call on International Festival of Comics to drop association with SodaStream
Over forty cartoonists and illustrators from a dozen countries around the world released an open letter today to Franck Bondoux, director of the International Festival of Comics at Angoulême, asking the festival to drop its relationship with the Israeli drink manufacturer SodaStream.
‘Without doubt, the biggest loser in this well publicized BDS campaign was SodaStream’: Reactions to Johansson leaving Oxfam
The Institute for Middle East Understanding sent out the following reactions to the news that Scarlett Johansson is leaving her role with Oxfam in order to maintain her sponsorship with SodaStream.
The backlash against New York mayor Bill de Blasio’s secret AIPAC speech continues. A politically diverse group of high-profile New York Jews have issued an open letter to the mayor taking him to task for the speech saying, “AIPAC speaks for Israel’s hard-line government and its right-wing supporters, and for them alone; it does not speak for us.”
The Stop Sodastream Italy campaign writes Oxfam Italy over the Scarlett Johansson controversy reminding the organization that they cut ties with Paola Maugeri over her relationship to SodaStream in 2012.
Up-and-coming Pittsburgh Emcee Jasiri X releases “Checkpoint,” a chilling music video documenting his experience visiting Palestine in 2014.
Watch the Scarlett Johansson SodaSteam ad banned from the Super Bowl (not for the reasons you’d hope)
The original Scarlett Johansson advertisement SodaStream produced to be shown at the Super Bowl.
A letter from Hubert Murray calling on Oxfam America to disassociate itself from Scarlett Johansson as long as she represents SodaStream. Murray is direct descendent of Professor Gilbert Murray and Dr. Henry Gillett, two founders of the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (the original Oxfam).
New Yorker writer Emily Greenhouse has picked up the story of Scarlett Johansson becoming a “Global Brand Ambassador” for SodaStream and says Johansson may catch some fallout.
Nominations for the 2014 Academy Awards were announced this morning and as has become somewhat of a common occurrence there was good news for Palestine. Following ’5 Broken Cameras”s nomination last year in the Feature Documentary category, Hany Abu-Assad’s ‘Omar’ will represent Palestine in the Foreign Language Film category this year up against films from Belgium, Italy, Denmark and Cambodia.
The Independent reports that according to figures from the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs the rate of settler attacks on Palestinians have quadrupled in the last eights year.
Far-right politician calls for moment of silence for Sharon at European Parliament. Parliament says ‘no’
Kuwait News Agency: President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, Monday rejected a call to hold a minute’s silence in the memory of Ariel Sharon.
Tribute fit for the King: Knesset member says Israel should honor Sharon with a settlement in his name
There will undoubtably be many proposals in Israel on the best way to memorialize Ariel Sharon. It is hard to argue with Knesset member Moti Yogev who says Israel should construct a West Bank settlement in Sharon’s honor.
Israeli settlement exports from the Jordan Valley down $29 million in 2013 due to international boycott
The Associated Press reports that the success of the international boycott movement is starting to squeeze Israeli settlements in the Jordan Valley.
Russell Simmons tweets condolences for Ariel Sharon but then takes it back after remembering who he was
Def Jam Records founder Russell Simmons ran into some trouble today on Twitter when he shared his condolences on the passing of Ariel Sharon.
A storify collection of responses to the death of Ariel Sharon.
Photo of Arabic and Hebrew on a Palestinian coin from 1927.
The Israeli Knesset voted down a bill that would prohibit Israel from unilaterally annexing Palestinian land.
The Palestine Football Club, Deportivo Palestino, based in Santiago, Chile recently redesigned their jerseys replacing the number 1 with an image of Palestine.
In a move that will surprise absolutely no one, Israel has seen U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry out the door by announcing 272 new homes in two West Bank settlements. Meanwhile, Finance Minister Naftali Bennett announced today that his Habayit Hayehudi party “will never accept an agreement based on the 1967 lines.”