- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 2
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 2
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 2
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 3
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 15
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 46
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 34
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there http://t.co/9AbCKTTCIP, 1 hour ago
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 8 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 23 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there (2)
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on Steve Walt interview (3)
- American: ”pabelmont says: April 19, 2014 at 2:50 pm The USA-Israel S/R need not end>>>> Frogs do...
- brenda: “Why does this man want to end the U.S.-Israel special relationship? Good question. why aren’t US...
- pabelmont: The USA-Israel S/R need not end, but surely needs to change shape from the present pseudo-slavery of the...
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of Congress’ — Dem consultant (2)
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (15)
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (3)
- Walid: Today, 2 fresh elements added to Marc’s Easter paralleling, the Sacrament of Penance and the...
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine as a dystopia, but when you see Hebron you know where the cliche is coming from
The 2013 Palestine Festival of Literature took place across historical Palestine, with events in Jerusalem, Gaza, Nablus, Ramallah and Haifa. In this video, one group of the festival’s international participants are shown around al Khalil / Hebron, where Israel’s apartheid system is at its most explicit.
The American Studies Association says the onslaught of attacks it has faced since voting to endorse an academic boycott of Israel has only accomplished in strengthening the group. They report “over the past several months, the ASA has welcomed more than 700 new members. The ASA has also collected more membership revenue in the past three months than in any other three-month period over the past quarter-century.”
New York mayor Bill de Blasio met with Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and gave him a “Big Apple” memento.
Israeli troops fired on Palestinian protests today outside Ofer prison in the West Bank with live ammunition. At least 12 protesters were sent to the hospital, some with serious injuries. Israel recently cancelled an agreed upon prisoner release as part of the US-led peace process.
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Last night in Decatur, GA about 30 people gathered in a church basement to hear Josh Ruebner discuss his new book Shattered Hopes: Obama’s Failure to Broker Israeli-Palestinian Peace. The evening was a small window into the awareness spreading across this county of the U.S. role in Israel/Palestine, and the movement growing in its wake.
The American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), a national education and advocacy group, is using the beloved Cherry Blossom Festival to attract attention to its message: US aid to Israel has got to stop.
Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, will be helping AIPAC promote its new “Technology Division” at a New York event March 31st hosted with the New York Observer.
In the New York Times Jodi Rudoren reports on the debate happening within West Bank Palestinian families on the way forward – one state or two?
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
Letter from Iranians in NYC calling on Mayor de Blasio to cut ties with AIPAC.
Judith Butler, Rashid Khalidi and over 150 other scholars condemn censorship, intimidation of Israel critics
An open letter calling on “cultural and educational institutions to have the courage and the principle to stand for, and safeguard, the very principles of free expression and the free exchange of ideas that make those institutions possible.”
Photos of Israeli police threatening journalists at gunpoint in Jerusalem.
A statement signed by 31 University of Hawai’i faculty members in response to the University administration’s condemnation of the ASA resolution in support of the academic boycott of Israel
On February 25th, an AIPAC member called a CODEPINK staffer threatening legal action in response to a controversial video clip that he alleges was made by the peace group CODEPINK.
A parody video on the 2014 AIPAC Policy Conference that takes place March 2-4 in Washington D.C.
Mondoweiss reader Bill Haywood has produced a video showing a truly DIY method of carbonating your beverages at home.
Renowned cartoonists and illustrators call on International Festival of Comics to drop association with SodaStream
Over forty cartoonists and illustrators from a dozen countries around the world released an open letter today to Franck Bondoux, director of the International Festival of Comics at Angoulême, asking the festival to drop its relationship with the Israeli drink manufacturer SodaStream.
‘Without doubt, the biggest loser in this well publicized BDS campaign was SodaStream’: Reactions to Johansson leaving Oxfam
The Institute for Middle East Understanding sent out the following reactions to the news that Scarlett Johansson is leaving her role with Oxfam in order to maintain her sponsorship with SodaStream.
The backlash against New York mayor Bill de Blasio’s secret AIPAC speech continues. A politically diverse group of high-profile New York Jews have issued an open letter to the mayor taking him to task for the speech saying, “AIPAC speaks for Israel’s hard-line government and its right-wing supporters, and for them alone; it does not speak for us.”
The Stop Sodastream Italy campaign writes Oxfam Italy over the Scarlett Johansson controversy reminding the organization that they cut ties with Paola Maugeri over her relationship to SodaStream in 2012.
Up-and-coming Pittsburgh Emcee Jasiri X releases “Checkpoint,” a chilling music video documenting his experience visiting Palestine in 2014.
Watch the Scarlett Johansson SodaSteam ad banned from the Super Bowl (not for the reasons you’d hope)
The original Scarlett Johansson advertisement SodaStream produced to be shown at the Super Bowl.
A letter from Hubert Murray calling on Oxfam America to disassociate itself from Scarlett Johansson as long as she represents SodaStream. Murray is direct descendent of Professor Gilbert Murray and Dr. Henry Gillett, two founders of the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (the original Oxfam).
New Yorker writer Emily Greenhouse has picked up the story of Scarlett Johansson becoming a “Global Brand Ambassador” for SodaStream and says Johansson may catch some fallout.