- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 33
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 16
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 0
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 9
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 10
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 42
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 10
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 19
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @haaretzcom: Living near Palestinians? Get fireworks for Israeli Independence Day http://t.co/Zx1d0brgGp http://t.co/POfgtgYlmM, 4 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: RT @PaulBlu: We swear we're not a lobby. Here's our mock oval office to practice lobbying in. http://t.co/Wwv3AvhIMi, 9 hours ago
- RT @DaraDeBrun: @allissonCD "Get out of the way kid, democracy coming through!" #myIDF http://t.co/UX17fzSZxH, 9 hours ago
- RT @SoulRevision: Follow along #FreePalestine #divest #BDS RT @SDSU_SJP: Watch the livestream for #SDSUdivest here: https://t.co/Stf3stYHQR, 9 hours ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: Imagine if Abbas refused to negotiate because of the make of of Netanyahu's coalition, the most right-wing settlement drunk in history, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (33)
- Accentitude: In addition to the 230 children whom are currently detained in Israel, there have been 1,500 children...
- talknic: @ Mayhem “Today’s pebble thrower, will hurl rocks tomorrow and can one day be your potential...
- Hostage: Today’s pebble thrower, will hurl rocks tomorrow and can one day be your potential terrorist. Why do the...
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with Jewish Knight Templars on the Temple Mount (10)
- Ellen: @puppies… well, I am no historian, but yes, Romanisation (the s instead of the American English Z). The...
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (32)
- yonah fredman: The letter to the NYTimes was really off kilter and irrelevant to the issues that separate Israel and...
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (10)
- Walid: “As long as they don’t interfere with IDF patrols along the nearby border or cause environmental damage...
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (16)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (42)
- piotr: Actually, the linguistic rights of Russian speakers are one of the main points of contention, and there are...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (74)
- piotr: It reminds me a report of a parliamentary commission in United Kingdom that after 20 (or 100?) pages...
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (33)
Author Archives: Adam Horowitz
A video shot by the International Solidarity Movement today in Hebron shows Israeli soldiers detaining Rami Rajabi, a six-year-old child, as he walked to school. After 20 minutes of pressure from locals and activists the child was released, but there are currently at least 230 Palestinian children in Israeli detention.
China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine as a dystopia, but when you see Hebron you know where the cliche is coming from
The 2013 Palestine Festival of Literature took place across historical Palestine, with events in Jerusalem, Gaza, Nablus, Ramallah and Haifa. In this video, one group of the festival’s international participants are shown around al Khalil / Hebron, where Israel’s apartheid system is at its most explicit.
The American Studies Association says the onslaught of attacks it has faced since voting to endorse an academic boycott of Israel has only accomplished in strengthening the group. They report “over the past several months, the ASA has welcomed more than 700 new members. The ASA has also collected more membership revenue in the past three months than in any other three-month period over the past quarter-century.”
New York mayor Bill de Blasio met with Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and gave him a “Big Apple” memento.
Israeli troops fired on Palestinian protests today outside Ofer prison in the West Bank with live ammunition. At least 12 protesters were sent to the hospital, some with serious injuries. Israel recently cancelled an agreed upon prisoner release as part of the US-led peace process.
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Last night in Decatur, GA about 30 people gathered in a church basement to hear Josh Ruebner discuss his new book Shattered Hopes: Obama’s Failure to Broker Israeli-Palestinian Peace. The evening was a small window into the awareness spreading across this county of the U.S. role in Israel/Palestine, and the movement growing in its wake.
The American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), a national education and advocacy group, is using the beloved Cherry Blossom Festival to attract attention to its message: US aid to Israel has got to stop.
Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, will be helping AIPAC promote its new “Technology Division” at a New York event March 31st hosted with the New York Observer.
In the New York Times Jodi Rudoren reports on the debate happening within West Bank Palestinian families on the way forward – one state or two?
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
Letter from Iranians in NYC calling on Mayor de Blasio to cut ties with AIPAC.
Judith Butler, Rashid Khalidi and over 150 other scholars condemn censorship, intimidation of Israel critics
An open letter calling on “cultural and educational institutions to have the courage and the principle to stand for, and safeguard, the very principles of free expression and the free exchange of ideas that make those institutions possible.”
Photos of Israeli police threatening journalists at gunpoint in Jerusalem.
A statement signed by 31 University of Hawai’i faculty members in response to the University administration’s condemnation of the ASA resolution in support of the academic boycott of Israel
On February 25th, an AIPAC member called a CODEPINK staffer threatening legal action in response to a controversial video clip that he alleges was made by the peace group CODEPINK.
A parody video on the 2014 AIPAC Policy Conference that takes place March 2-4 in Washington D.C.
Mondoweiss reader Bill Haywood has produced a video showing a truly DIY method of carbonating your beverages at home.
Renowned cartoonists and illustrators call on International Festival of Comics to drop association with SodaStream
Over forty cartoonists and illustrators from a dozen countries around the world released an open letter today to Franck Bondoux, director of the International Festival of Comics at Angoulême, asking the festival to drop its relationship with the Israeli drink manufacturer SodaStream.
‘Without doubt, the biggest loser in this well publicized BDS campaign was SodaStream’: Reactions to Johansson leaving Oxfam
The Institute for Middle East Understanding sent out the following reactions to the news that Scarlett Johansson is leaving her role with Oxfam in order to maintain her sponsorship with SodaStream.
The backlash against New York mayor Bill de Blasio’s secret AIPAC speech continues. A politically diverse group of high-profile New York Jews have issued an open letter to the mayor taking him to task for the speech saying, “AIPAC speaks for Israel’s hard-line government and its right-wing supporters, and for them alone; it does not speak for us.”
The Stop Sodastream Italy campaign writes Oxfam Italy over the Scarlett Johansson controversy reminding the organization that they cut ties with Paola Maugeri over her relationship to SodaStream in 2012.
Up-and-coming Pittsburgh Emcee Jasiri X releases “Checkpoint,” a chilling music video documenting his experience visiting Palestine in 2014.
Watch the Scarlett Johansson SodaSteam ad banned from the Super Bowl (not for the reasons you’d hope)
The original Scarlett Johansson advertisement SodaStream produced to be shown at the Super Bowl.
A letter from Hubert Murray calling on Oxfam America to disassociate itself from Scarlett Johansson as long as she represents SodaStream. Murray is direct descendent of Professor Gilbert Murray and Dr. Henry Gillett, two founders of the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (the original Oxfam).