- Informant’s text messages shed new light on NYPD spy program … 0
- Why did ‘NYT’ serve as platform for ‘military propaganda’? 0
- Reluctantly taking down monstrous orientalist video, college union in Israel … 0
- George Orwell would hate Israel 6
- First photographs of ‘Arabs with Altitude’ and Palestinian flag … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: Freeing the president 0
- Why Palestine is different 1
- PLO: Israel has built 16,000 settlement units over the past … 0
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1709
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1362
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 810
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 401
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 314
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West … 302
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 106
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 57
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 54
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 50
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 49
- Exile and the Prophetic: Freeing the president http://t.co/FXU8YRToQS, 12 mins ago
- First photographs of ‘Arabs with Altitude’ and Palestinian flag atop Everest http://t.co/jQQ6xcFAWw, 12 mins ago
- George Orwell would hate Israel http://t.co/pXjc9SBxNL, 12 mins ago
- Reluctantly taking down orientalist video, college union in Israel protests that it got '1000s of positive reactions' http://t.co/uCZ0r5CDey, 13 mins ago
- Why did ‘NYT’ serve as platform for ‘military propaganda’? http://t.co/9bV6uEgCQH, 14 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- George Orwell would hate Israel (6)
- MichaelSmith: Orwell was critical of Zionism in his day and had some understanding of its negative consequences....
- Cliff: In defense of liberty? LOL Israelis have never gotten shot in defense of liberty. They got shot stealing...
- Taxi: “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a...
- Why Palestine is different (1)
- Ramzi Jaber: Great article Sam. Thank you. Obama’s statement that “a *strong Jewish state* would ensure...
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish community’ (27)
- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech (15)
- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting (45)
- Hostage: Sure we’re willing to make tough choices. The Jewish people are willing to accept the sacrifices...
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ is Israel (24)
- upsidedownism: “Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and other House Republicans, who suggested that...
- George Orwell would hate Israel (6)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Coalition supporting apartheid ads on SF buses urges campaign to stop official action to label their ads hate speech
Glenn Greenwald wrote another of his important blowback articles this morning in the Guardian; Was the London killing of a British soldier ‘terrorism’? He asks an essential question concerning the definition and use of the term “terrorism”. The media in western societies should be scrutinizing this definition and the hypocrisy with which the term is applied.
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
Arab Idol finalist Mohammed Assaf managed to get out of Khan Younis refugee camp to Cairo and has has drawn comparisons to the late Egyptian nightingale Abdel Halim Hafez; Mahmoud Abbas has called him to say he has made Palestine and the Arab world proud; his poster is hanging in homes, restaurants and stores all across Palestine…
What power on earth can prevent two people from the same country meeting in their own land? Walaa Al Ghussein (on the right) had a permit to be in Israel for one day. She had to get back to Gaza by 7 PM. She had never been to Jerusalem before in her life. Her friend Maha from Umm al-Fahem was desperate to see her…
A grim video of the occupied territories shows a Palestinian boy fallen apparently after being shot outside an Israeli settlement and soldiers and “security” pointing guns at his head.
‘Another soldier in the delegitimization war against Israel’– that’s what the Jewish Press calls Mandy Patinkin for favoring boycott of West Bank settlements and speaking to Peace Now
Refugee Naifeh Abu Ayadah makes a video about the Nakba by Wafaa Aburahama
Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt
Heads of Christian churches in Jerusalem denouncing attacks on worshipers: A day of joy and celebration was turned to great sorrow and pain for some of our faithful because they were ill-treated by some Israeli policemen
Yesterday May 14th Fatou Bensouda, Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), released a statement announcing her office would be opening a preliminary investigation into the massacre on board the Mavi Marmara in which the lives of 9 human rights activists were brutally cut short by the Israeli military on May 31, 2010, in international waters off the coast of Gaza.
‘I’m not allowed on Israel’s segregated buses’ and ‘I’m only allowed to attend Israel’s segregated schools’ — creative ads in Washington state feature portraits of ordinary Palestinians
In its effort to break the “Information Blockade” the Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign stages a Mother’s Day exhibit in downtown Seattle commemorating the Nakba in Palestine. Mothers Against Ethnic Cleansing!
Church of Scotland report came out for boycott and divestment to end Israeli settlements of Palestine. Jewish groups objected to the language. The Church has now bagged the report and will “reword” it
On May 13th, 2 days before Palestinians around the world commemorate the 65th anniversary of the Nakba, students from Columbia, NYU, Brooklyn College, CUNY Schools, Hunter, and Rutgers and the We Divest national campaign will be kicking off a national Divestment Action Day demanding TIAA-CREF divest from the Israeli occupation.
Another young Palestinian talent has been locked away by Israel. Broadcast Journalist Musab Shawer Al-Tamimi (22), who worked at Al-Khalil (Hebron)Radio, was sentenced to 5 months in prison on World Press Freedom Day.
Stephen Colbert asks Donna Edwards if she isn’t “lukewarm on Israel” and she defends the two-state solution. A reminder of how broken the US discourse is
The Coalition to Stop $30 Billion to Israel is proud to announce yet another billboard has just gone up calling for an end to military aid to Israel–this time in Albany, New York.
Israeli’s new Housing Minister Uri Ariel says Jewish Home Party will oppose any Gov’t budget without settlement expansion included
May 8 is Jerusalem Day, and Israelis are already celebrating by issuing declarations about how many Jewish babies Jerusalem Jews are producing and how many Palestinians are producing
The reports began last night. First the New York Times and Washington Post reported that Israel had struck Syria on Friday. Then Reuters and later AP reported fresh strikes by Israel on the Syrian capital. Video footage uploaded onto the Internet by activists showed a huge ball of fire rising into the night sky. The missile strikes are alleged to target Syrian arms being transported to Hezbollah.
The cartoon movement held its celebration of World Press Freedom Day yesterday; and Mohammad Saba’aneh, a Palestinian artist locked in an Israeli jail, was honored
PNN: “The International web search engine “Google” recognized the Palestinian state after it was referring to Palestine as “The Palestinian Territories” since its establishment.”
US State Dep’t echoes David Sheen’s documentation of Israeli racism toward refugees– as infiltrators, disease-bearers
Last year the tireless chronicler of racism in Israeli society, David Sheen, showed how Israeli politicians described African refugees as ‘infiltrators.’ Now the US State Department appears to have picked up Sheen’s report.
Sami Kishawi at Sixteen Minutes to Palestine has the full story on Palestinian-American Oday Aboushi who was drafted last week by the New York Jets in the NFL draft.
‘Strategic Partner Act of 2013′ would give US seal of approval to Israeli discrimination against Arab-Americans
Racism by another name: The US-Israel “Strategic Partner Act of 2013” is raising ire across the nation