- In the battle between war and dreams, dreams last longer 0
- Gaza’s Camp Breakerz crew struggles against the siege 0
- Israeli ship heads out of Oakland – again – after … 1
- In Gaza havens are far, heavens are closer 1
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift … 22
- No justice, no peace — in Gaza or Ferguson 11
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for … 12
- ‘Absolutely not!’ — Young Colorado Jews meet hostility when they … 16
- ‘Bombing the Dead’ — Max Blumenthal in Gaza 0
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 0
- Israel accuses Gaza children of using Hamas as human shields 0
- Israel correctly fears its ‘delegitimizers,’ says leftwing member of Irish … 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for **fourth** day in ‘Blocking … 0
- West Bank man detained at Allenby crossing for 28 days … 0
- Lobbyist tells Eliot Engel he has ‘the blood of hundreds … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 143
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- The Walzer Problem 96
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/12oTVG2d2g, 2 hours ago
- RT @SherryTalksBack: Solidarity from #NYC2Gaza Today's march over the bridge @Mogaza @jncatron @intifada @Mondoweiss http://t.co/QJmInVreEG, 4 hours ago
- RT @JonDonnison: Way some Israel twitter supporters band around term "anti-semite" is disrespectful to millions of jews who faced persecution over history., 13 hours ago
- RT @LauraTanenbaum: Great @Mondoweiss coverage of our UJA protest by @alexbkane: (I'm holding the sign in second pic): http://t.co/lMoteX2Bzf, 13 hours ago
- RT @yaacovlozowick: Mondoweiss published an email of mine. Feel free to pile onto the comments section if they let you (moderated) http://t.co/4wYtZU9LW4, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
- AbigailOK: @Michtom +1 and then some!
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege (20)
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing (33)
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means killing children’ (140)
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for supporting attacks on Gaza (11)
- just: Antony Loewenstein: “…In the global Jewish diaspora, dissent against Israel of this magnitude is a...
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel is complicit in (38)
- jon s: Ari Shavit has a piece today on the rise of Antisemitism: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion /.premium-1.611665
- Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid (3)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid”...
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Mohammed Assaf released his latest single at the beginning of Israel’s recent slaughter in Gaza. The song and prophetic lyrics have accompanied Palestinians, and many of us all over the world, through darkness and unspeakable horror this last month. As another ceasefire comes to a close, and Palestinians in Gaza brave on with unfathomable courage, Raise Your Head High.
The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) filed a lawsuit against the US government yesterday on behalf of several Muslim-Americans challenging the legality of the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB), also known as the “Terrorist Watchlist”– a federal system that is free of accountability, offering no opportunity for those listed to defend themselves or remove themselves from the list.
We must target our politicians’ ‘cowardice’ in the face of war crimes –Trevor Hogan’s impassioned speech in Dublin
Former rugby star Trevor Hogan gave a speech in solidarity with the brave people of Gaza on August 9 in which he called for a siege on the Israeli embassy until the Israeli ambassador is forced to leave the country. And Irish political friends of Israel should change their names to Friends of Apartheid.
Netanyahu is the barbaric one, scholar Rania Masri says, correcting President Obama, and she says the left must stand with the Palestinian resistance, in a thunderous speech in Austin, TX
Israeli soldiers killed three Palestinian protesters in the West Bank on Friday. Video shows the killing of Nader Mohammed Edrees, who was apparently unarmed.
It’s a day of demonstrations around the world against the massacre in Gaza. A big demonstration in London is thrilled by Barnaby Raine, 19, who leads the Jewish bloc against Zionism and declares, it is no conflict when homes are bombed and refugee shelters too
Tareq Radi delivered a powerful speech in front of the White House the other day saying that Palestinian resistance begins in the U.S. with Palestinians articulating their right to resist occupation. Tomorrow, Aug. 9, the BDS movement has called for an international day of rage to denounce the Israeli slaughter in Gaza.
Yet again Israel has attacked a UN school, today, this time near Rafah, killing ten. The school was housing 3000 displaced people, and the US State Dep’t says it’s “appalled” by the “disgraceful” shelling. Ban Ki-moon called the attack “criminal” and a “moral outrage.” Yes but what will anyone do to end Israel’s sense of impunity?
Some Israeli attacks have been retribution. Eran Efrati, an Israeli investigator, has reported that Israelis carried out a civilian massacre in Shuja’iyya as a response to the killing of 7 Israeli soldiers. And after 10 Israeli soldiers were killed yesterday, a massive bombardment of Gaza overnight produced 30 civilian deaths.
Photos of protests around the world in solidarity with the people of Gaza.
Three cherished members the community of Beit Ummar have been killed by Israeli forces while demonstrating in support of Gaza today.
Two Palestinians were reportedly killed in the West Bank tonight as 10,000 marched on Qalandia checkpoint in solidarity with people of Gaza under assault
Israel’s only strategy is to destroy one neighborhood after another in Gaza to root out Hamas tunnels. As the world watches the carnage, it is clear that Hamas has outstrategized Israel, adopting a Hezbollah-style entrenchment
Hamas’s military wing announced that it had captured an Israeli soldier tonight in Gaza. The report set off celebrations in Palestine. It is not clear that the soldier is alive. One name Hamas gave for the soldier belongs to a man reported to have been killed.
Responding to Gaza attack, resistance activists in West Bank cut down a power line feeding Talmonim, illegal settlement. The colony lost power for four hours.
Israel is in a pickle. It doesn’t seem to know where Hamas has stashed weapons, and despite the NY Times’ propagandistic claim that the ground invasion is limited, the increasing civilian slaughter will achieve nothing and Palestinians will struggle to maintain political unity on the world stage
Under pressure from pro-Israel groups, the Boston transit authority has censored three ads in the subways that highlighted Palestinian oppression and characterized Israel’s policy as “apartheid.” The ads had been up three weeks but were alleged to violate policy against “demeaning” or “disaparaging” ads.
The counter narrative to Israel’s security narrative is flourishing on MSNBC; Chris Hayes spotlights Ayman Mohyeldin’s reporting on Palestinian frustration at the “so-called peace process” and the “siege” of Gaza and the double standard the world has for Palestinian and Israeli deaths.
International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC) posted this horrific video of Israeli border police brutally beating a Palestinian man in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Shuafat yesterday.
Events over the past 48 hours in Jerusalem makes Annie Robbins fear for what’s to come in the days ahead.
Starbucks was supposed to partner with SodaStream, which makes its seltzer machines in the occupied West Bank. But now Starbucks is introducing a competitive product, and SodaStream has closed a UK flagship refill shop called Ecostream, and launched a “mixology” contest. Where oh where is Scarlett Johansson?
The lead article in Sunday’s business section of the San Francisco Chronicle warns HP’s role in Israel could lead to political pressure. Although never mentioning the Boycott Divestment and Sanction (BDS) movement directly, the Chronicle informs its readers Hewlett-Packard, a local Bay Area company, is the target of “an international campaign” that has “emerged to pressure Israel by persuading investors to dump shares of companies that do business with the government or operate in the disputed territories.”
The Shin Bet has identified Marwan Quasma, 29, and Amar Abu Eisha, 32 as suspected kidnappers, reportedly responsible for abducting 3 Jewish teenagers in the West Bank on June 12.
Media postings twist 3-fingered sign of support for Mohammed Assaf into celebration of reported teen kidnapping (Updated)
Last year Palestinians showed their support for singer Mohammed Assaf by holding up three fingers. Now those images are being twisted by pro-Israel media sites to suggest that children and celebrities are endorsing the abduction in the West Bank of three Israeli teens