- ‘No food, no water to revive awaiting certain death…’: Horrifying … 17
- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 14
- 9 Reasons why Israel is under rocket attack 15
- It’s time for liberal Jewish bodies to take a stand 29
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association and the African Literature Association endorse … 1
- Palestinians build tunnel to attack Israeli kindergarten, Netanyahu says 33
- Speaking to the Deaf: Activists attempt to talk with the … 2
- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 62
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 130
- RT @tomgara: Smart take. http://t.co/ZWIhXCKZaX, 38 mins ago
- RT @Remroum: Madonna: These flowers are like the innocent children of GAZA! Who has a right to destroy them? No One!!! CEASE FIRE! http://t.co/9nKkAhDW9p, 38 mins ago
- RT @newtgingrich: Obama today handed Hamas its greatest victory by cutting off American aircraft from Israel.Most hostile anti-Israeli act in countrys history, 39 mins ago
- RT @MMVickery: “The Israelis are using a wide variety of sophisticated modern weapons against a basically naked civilian population" - Mads Gilbert #Gaza, 42 mins ago
- RT @RobertMackey: @JeffreyGoldberg I wish I never had to, but thanks for the constant guidance on what I should write about to make you happy., 42 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Photos of protests around the world in solidarity with the people of Gaza.
Hamas’s military wing announced that it had captured an Israeli soldier tonight in Gaza. The report set off celebrations in Palestine. It is not clear that the soldier is alive. One name Hamas gave for the soldier belongs to a man reported to have been killed.
Responding to Gaza attack, resistance activists in West Bank cut down a power line feeding Talmonim, illegal settlement. The colony lost power for four hours.
Israel is in a pickle. It doesn’t seem to know where Hamas has stashed weapons, and despite the NY Times’ propagandistic claim that the ground invasion is limited, the increasing civilian slaughter will achieve nothing and Palestinians will struggle to maintain political unity on the world stage
Under pressure from pro-Israel groups, the Boston transit authority has censored three ads in the subways that highlighted Palestinian oppression and characterized Israel’s policy as “apartheid.” The ads had been up three weeks but were alleged to violate policy against “demeaning” or “disaparaging” ads.
The counter narrative to Israel’s security narrative is flourishing on MSNBC; Chris Hayes spotlights Ayman Mohyeldin’s reporting on Palestinian frustration at the “so-called peace process” and the “siege” of Gaza and the double standard the world has for Palestinian and Israeli deaths.
International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC) posted this horrific video of Israeli border police brutally beating a Palestinian man in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Shuafat yesterday.
Events over the past 48 hours in Jerusalem makes Annie Robbins fear for what’s to come in the days ahead.
Starbucks was supposed to partner with SodaStream, which makes its seltzer machines in the occupied West Bank. But now Starbucks is introducing a competitive product, and SodaStream has closed a UK flagship refill shop called Ecostream, and launched a “mixology” contest. Where oh where is Scarlett Johansson?
The lead article in Sunday’s business section of the San Francisco Chronicle warns HP’s role in Israel could lead to political pressure. Although never mentioning the Boycott Divestment and Sanction (BDS) movement directly, the Chronicle informs its readers Hewlett-Packard, a local Bay Area company, is the target of “an international campaign” that has “emerged to pressure Israel by persuading investors to dump shares of companies that do business with the government or operate in the disputed territories.”
The Shin Bet has identified Marwan Quasma, 29, and Amar Abu Eisha, 32 as suspected kidnappers, reportedly responsible for abducting 3 Jewish teenagers in the West Bank on June 12.
Media postings twist 3-fingered sign of support for Mohammed Assaf into celebration of reported teen kidnapping (Updated)
Last year Palestinians showed their support for singer Mohammed Assaf by holding up three fingers. Now those images are being twisted by pro-Israel media sites to suggest that children and celebrities are endorsing the abduction in the West Bank of three Israeli teens
Palestinians are in Jewish West Bank on ‘holiday’ (declared a would-be settler, Gordon McKnight, in 2012)
An autopsy of Nadim Nuwara, 17, shows that Israeli live fire killed him and should put to rest the blatant and hurtful propaganda about his and another Palestinian youth’s killing outside Ramallah on Nakba Day last month
In a landmark decision, The United Methodist Church, the largest mainline Protestant church in the United States, will be pulling all its investment from G4S, a British company highly complicit in Israel’s military occupation of Palestine profiting from gross human rights violations
Annie Robbins talks to a good friend who lives in Virginia’s 7th district and explains the “unfrigginbelievable” forces that came together to bring down Eric Cantor.
The congress of the international football federation, FIFA, meets this week in Sao Paolo Brazil ahead of the World Cup, and an international campaign is mounting to have the organization suspend Israel’s membership for ongoing human rights abuses
The dissident Israeli veterans’ group “Breaking the Silence” marked its tenth anniversary Friday by reading new soldiers’ testimonies in Tel Aviv. One described the nighttime execution of an unarmed Palestinian civilian on his rooftop for doing nothing at all
New ads featuring one word– HOMELESS, VIOLENCE, or STOLEN– each represented an aspect of Israel’s “unrelenting injustice towards Palestinians,” Richard Colbath-Hess explained to me in launching Ads Against Apartheid in Boston. Israeli and Palestinian media have covered the campaign. Where’s the American press?
Where is the national press (or the ADL!) on the case of Buthayna Hammad, a Palestinian-American soccer fan who was pulled from her seat at a game in Houston by four security officers and four police officers because she was waving a Palestinian flag, which they said was a “racial slur”?
CBS This Morning ran a short but relatively informative segment on the boycott against Israel today.
Israel is using the pretense of Palestine’s new unity government to do what it always does, steal more Palestinian land and expand the Jewish only settlements.
The Rolling Stones arrived in apartheid Israel yesterday. The music is about to begin.
#Assaf360: Palestinian Singer Mohammed Assaf & Grammy-Winning Producer Rodney Jerkins create song for World Cup (Update)
Grammy Award-winning mega producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins is in Dubai for a 24 hour interactive recording session/collaboration with Mohammed Assaf to create a song for Assaf’s performance at the opening ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress in Brazil next week, by crowd-sourcing content from fans online. The event, hosted by Platinum records, is being live streamed to fans all over the world and is happening now.
“I’m surprised we didn’t hear the yelling from Jerusalem here in Washington,” AP’s Matt Lee joked when he learned that Secretary of State John Kerry had informed Israeli PM Netanyahu that the US will continue to work with the unified Palestinian government that includes Hamas, defying the PM’s bloodcurdling warnings