- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 6
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 33
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 59
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 10
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 20 mins ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 9 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 9 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 13 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 14 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (59)
- German Lefty: No? Who’s forbidding? I am not sure, but perhaps RoHa refers to this bill: http://www.timesofisrael....
- unverified__5ilf90kd: They say BB is a Nazi and a “shiksa-shiksa” – that must be what the...
- giladg: From your first sentence “honoring the rabbi’s of the extreme-right”, it is clear you do not...
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (30)
- OlegR: http://biblehub.com/luke/19-27 .htm But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them,...
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS (9)
- Citizen: Agreed. Mr. Connors is brave, persistent, a truth seeker, and Ms. Alison Weir has been poking a stick in...
- ‘NYT’ boycott debate features two Zionists, and excludes BDS (39)
- Cliff: @JeffB No, BDS is not imperialism. BDS is about human rights and holding criminals like those in Israel who...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (6)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (33)
- just: Apparently not………
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in D.C. (25)
- just: Many thanks to Susie and to CSPAN. (I hope that it is archived– I have to/am lucky enough to work! ) Go...
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (59)
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Calls grow for FIFA to end Israel’s participation in international soccer competition after a vicious attack on two Palestinian athletes, in which soldiers repeatedly shot the men in their feet, ending their sporting lives.
FIFA public relations manager tells Mondoweiss that the invitation to Mohammed Assaf to perform at the World Cup still stands.
Seth Siegel runs pro-Israel hasbara in the LA Times and NY Times. He is on the board of AIPAC, but the newspapers don’t say so. His NYT piece says that Iran dumps sewage on agricultural land– when Israeli settlers do so all the time in the occupied territories of Palestine
University of Southern Florida’s Students for Justice in Palestine chapter has a great video out that calls on the school’s Foundation to divest from corporations profiting off of Palestinian human rights violations
The invitation to Arab Idol winner Mohammed Assaf to sing at the opening of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil this summer has been rescinded.
German European Parliament President Martin Schulz caused an uproar during his address to the Knesset today because of remarks he made about conditions in occupied Palestine.
Safa and Nabil Sbaih hope to build a new house in their home village of Al Aqaba.
Roger Cohen and Jeffrey Goldberg are aligned in accusing the BDS movement of seeking the end of the Jewish state. They should stop impugning the reputations of BDS supporters because of their fears. The movement has gained traction because it is the only means of ending the occupation.
Odeh Hamad, 27, was shot in the head with a live bullet by the Israeli military December 20, 2013 when he and his 23-year-old brother Radaad, were collecting scrap metal at a garbage dump near the border in Gaza to support their family. The human rights organization B’Tselem has called for a criminal investigation of the killing. “Odeh Hamad was shot in the head despite posing no danger to anyone,” it concluded; and Israeli soldiers did nothing to try and save the man as he lay dying.
Two members of the House of Representatives from Illinois have introduced a bill against the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement. With the Orwellian name of the “Protect Academic Freedom Act,” it seeks to bar federal funds from going to academic institutions that back the BDS movement. “Congress has a responsibility to fight back against these hateful campaigns, which contradict academic freedom and are designed to delegitimize the Jewish State of Israel,” said GOP Representative Peter Roskman, who introduced the bill along with his Democratic colleague, Rep. Dan Lipinski. A chorus of voices have slammed the legislation as unconstitutional.
A group of Ultra-Nationalist rabbis wrote an open letter to John Kerry on Sunday comparing him to the Purim holiday villain Haman and accusing him of making “a declaration of war against the Creator and Ruler of the universe.”
Rafi Gozlan, the chief economist at Leader Capital Markets, one of Israel’s top investment banks, is speculating that the threat of boycott and sanctions against Israel, as well as the controversy surrounding Scarlett Johansson’s global ambassadorship for SodaStream, could have attributed to the weakening of the shekel.
You don’t think Israel is scared about the boycott movement? It landed on John Kerry for even mentioning the word, and now SodaStream stock fell 3 percent, over fears of boycott, per Bloomberg’s analyst
As the lopsided Super Bowl took place on lands once belonging to Native Americans, the Oneida Nation issued a call to end the racist slur for the Washington football team
‘You seem to be on both sides of this legitimate/illegitimate kind of a thing’: State Dept. spox says neither Israeli settlements, nor settlement boycotts, are legitimate
There was an amusing exchange today at the State Departments’ Daily Press Briefing the sums up the confused and contradictory U.S. policy towards Israeli settlements.
Palestinians living near West Bank SodaStream factory urge Scarlett Johansson to end role with occupation profiteer
A network of Palestinians living near the SodaStream factory in the illegal settlement of Ma’ale Adumim in Occupied Palestine, as well as Israeli and international grassroots activists who work with them, have issued a press release today calling on Scarlett Johansson to step down as SodaStream spokesperson.
Michael Grimm got into Congress with the help of the rightwing Israel lobby. Now he seems to be doing everything he can to get out of there!
Lost in Occupation: Scarlett Johansson ends relationship with Oxfam to stick with SodaStream (Updated)
Late Wednesday the Associated Press broke the news that Scarlett Johansson is ending her relationship with Oxfam and staying on as a “global brand ambassador” with SodaStream. A statement released by a Johansson spokesperson cited “a fundamental difference of opinion in regards to the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement” between the actress and the international humanitarian organization.
Palestinian teens Mutussam Abu Kirsh and Yasmeen El Najjar, both amputees and both wearing prosthetic limbs, reached Africa’s highest summit on Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund ‘Climb of Hope’
Why is the Washington Post carrying water for the Israeli government on the unending occupation of the Jordan Valley?
Israeli p.r. says that Christians in the occupied territories are leaving because of Muslims. Then why is the state poised to steal land that will separate the legendary Cremisan monastery from its convent? The last chance for the Palestinian landowners is a high court ruling Jan. 29
A new fantastic SodaStream/Scarlett graphic from Stephanie Westbrook.
Actress Scarlett Johansson is a global ambassador for Oxfam and now the face of SodaStream, which builds seltzer makers in the occupied West Bank. Oxfam opposes trade with such companies because they help deny Palestinians their rights. Oxfam is now “in dialogue” with Johansson– as it was in dialogue with actress Kristin Davis, before she severed her ties with an occupation-company. Johansson’s big Super Bowl ad for SodaStream is due out in 10 days. Something’s got to give.
‘Blood bubbles’ and ‘blood cocktails.’ Is that the brand Scarlett Johansson wanted to endorse? Her teaming up with SodaStream, a seltzer maker in the occupied West Bank, has kicked off a paradigm shift for the occupation and the company. Suddenly everyone knows that the product is controversial, as New York Magazine and the financial press are demonstrating with eyebrow-raising coverage
Two Palestinian teens, both wearing prosthetic limbs, Mutussam Abu Kirsh, 16, and Yasmeen El Najjar, 17, are scaling Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak at 19,341 feet above sea level, to raise awareness of the plight of sick and injured children in Palestine and Syria