- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 24
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 19
- Passover Auto-Pilot 13
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 10
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 33
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 19
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 39
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 18
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 111
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @pal_legal: .@radhikasainath "There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights and the First Amendment.” http://t.co/r86OQs85hX, 8 hours ago
- Can Israel treat a Palestinian American going 2 Bethlehem in W. Bank like US treats an Israeli going to Bethlehem,PA? http://t.co/CKhSqQ4MB4, 9 hours ago
- RT @norabf: Incredibly happy! BREAKING: Northeastern University lifts suspension of Students for Justice in Palestine | @norabf http://t.co/dZiSMiRZZu, 10 hours ago
- RT @dcentralized: In 600 words about Palestinians, @teicherj managed to avoid using the word "Palestinian" altogether. A remarkable feat. @Mondoweiss, 11 hours ago
- RT @APDiploWriter: A pledge to end discrimination is not enough. There must be a demonstrable track record of reciprocity. @BarakRavid @statedeptspox, 11 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Passover Auto-Pilot (13)
- yonah fredman: Stephen s.- The generation of Jews that was born near the shadow or in the shadow of that period is...
- yonah fredman: Walid- One of the first books that I read when i moved from jerusalem back to brooklyn was peter...
- Walid: “… Catholic congregations are not noted for their participation in song, but this one joined the...
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program (24)
- ritzl: @jenin- Afterthought… In my experience, poignancy, constituency, and brevity are a compelling...
- ritzl: @AlGhorear, Kate- Sounds like the basis for a controlled test. 1oo people, half Palestinian descent, half...
- ritzl: Send this to your Rep and Sens. It’s poignant and would have effect, imho. And follow up by asking what...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (19)
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli occupation (10)
- Passover Auto-Pilot (13)
Author Archives: Union of Agricultural Work Committees Association
‘We ask you to show solidarity with the farmers and their families of Gaza’: Open letter to Neil Young from Gaza agricultural workers
A letter from the Gaza Union of Agricultural Work Committees Association asking Neil Young to cancel his upcoming show in Israel.
Ahead of Palestinian prisoner’s day on April 17, Addameer Prisoner Support, Human Rights Association and the Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee (BNC) have issued a Call to action: Join Palestinian political prisoner’s day Free all Palestinian political prisoners! Tell Bill Gates to Divest from G4S!
The latest talks between Israel and Palestine have foundered on the same issue that the last round foundered: Israel refuses to propose its borders, what would be left for a Palestinian state– apart from official cartoons in which Israel leaves no room for a Palestinian state at all (above). And John Kerry wants to kick that can down the road, pushing borders off to “final status” issues.
All heck broke loose at the Sheldon Adelson 2016 Primary in Las Vegas yesterday when Chris Christie, still immersed in the bridgegate scandal, uttered the words “occupied territory” during an otherwise enrapturing speech in front of the Republican Jewish Coalition. Inadvertently, he says. No worries, Morton Klein took him aside and Christie apologized for his error to Adelson
UN Human Rights Council resolution warning companies to ‘terminate business interests in the settlements’ or face possible criminal liability gets watered down
The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva passed an unprecedented resolution today that calls for States and private enterprises to terminate business transaction beyond the 1949 armistice lines and warns of the probability of criminal liability for corporate complicity in breach of international law.
Remember the massive Israeli photo ops earlier this month during the grand unveiling of “advanced” weapons bound for “terrorist organizations” in Gaza? Well, Reuters is reporting some US analysts don’t think it was headed to Gaza.
In a pre-dawn raid the morning of March 22 Israel military forces stormed the Jenin refugee camp, assassinating 3 people and wounding at least 14 others. Ma’an News identified the deceased as Hamza Abu al-Haija, 22, Mahmoud Abu Zeina, 17, Yazan Mahmoud Basim Jabarin, 22.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the UK’s leading architectural association, has passed a motion calling on the foremost architectural union in the world, The International Union of Architects (UIA) to suspend Israel’s Association of United Architects (IAUA) over Israel’s continued illegal settlement expansion in the occupied Palestinian territories.
Clever anti-SodaStream video that points to the ties between the seltzer water maker and Israeli militarism.
Chris Hedges recent article on Truthdig, Israel’s War on American Universities, documents Israel’s censorship and attempts to shut down political discourse on American campuses. He denounces billionaires, politicians, and alums willing to run roughshod over our First Amendment rights and chastises academics who’ve failed to protect students rights.
Scarlett Johansson sees no problem with SodaStream’s operation in an Israeli settlement but when it comes to Oxfam’s boycott of settlements: “there’s something that feels not right about that to me.” In an interview with the Guardian
Jewish Voice for Peace’s Bay Area chapter has called on Joseph E. Aoun, president of Northeastern University, to restore the status of suspended group, Students for Justice in Palestine on the campus
In the midst of violence between Israel and Jordan, Gaza and Lebanon, the Lebanese government in a political deal between left and right has affirmed the right of its citizens to resist Israel violently
Democracy Now interviews Max Geller and Ali Abunimah on A War on Campus? Northeastern University Suspends Students for Justice in Palestine Chapter. In an episode also covering the bombardment of Gaza as well as the recent killings of six Palestinians by Israeli forces, it’s a dramatic, important interview adding to a discussion that has exploded over the last two days.
The United Methodist General Board of Church & Society (GBCS) has issued a call to boycott SodaStream, a countertop carbonation device produced illegally in the occupied West Bank of the Palestinian Territories. The decision to engage in the boycott of SodaStream was overwhelmingly endorsed by the agency’s Board of Directors during its spring meeting here this month.
When The Nation’s Dave Zirin exposed gruesome Israeli attacks on two Palestinian athletes, ending their careers, colleagues doubted his report. Many asked, “Do you have any sources that are not Palestinian?” Zirin has now challenged his sporting colleagues to investigate the attacks. “Israel’s future in FIFA should depend on its answering.”
Why is the US media silent when Israelis are charged with violating arms embargo on Iran? And then, coincidentally, Israel discovers arms headed from Iran to Gaza.
Powerful video of two siblings of Moataz Washaha, the 24 year old Palestinian man murdered by Israeli forces on the morning of February 27th, asking the world to boycott Israel.
Israel cut off the water supply to 45,000 Palestinians this week while Prime Minister Netanyahu was traipsing across the globe signing historic legislation with the governor of my very own state, California, on — you guessed it — water conservation!
Calls grow for FIFA to end Israel’s participation in international soccer competition after a vicious attack on two Palestinian athletes, in which soldiers repeatedly shot the men in their feet, ending their sporting lives.
FIFA public relations manager tells Mondoweiss that the invitation to Mohammed Assaf to perform at the World Cup still stands.
Seth Siegel runs pro-Israel hasbara in the LA Times and NY Times. He is on the board of AIPAC, but the newspapers don’t say so. His NYT piece says that Iran dumps sewage on agricultural land– when Israeli settlers do so all the time in the occupied territories of Palestine
University of Southern Florida’s Students for Justice in Palestine chapter has a great video out that calls on the school’s Foundation to divest from corporations profiting off of Palestinian human rights violations
The invitation to Arab Idol winner Mohammed Assaf to sing at the opening of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil this summer has been rescinded.
German European Parliament President Martin Schulz caused an uproar during his address to the Knesset today because of remarks he made about conditions in occupied Palestine.