- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 31
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 7
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 5
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 13
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 13
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 11
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 8
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 0
- US Senate voted overwhelmingly for sanctions to ‘wake up’ apartheid … 0
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 0
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 66
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 61
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/08/2013 - http://t.co/Sr6Bni50le, 4 hours ago
- RT @CiFWatch: Just like his writings, @MaxBlumenthal's new twitter image is a fabrication http://t.co/dvrg13wR2k, 11 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Letter from @standwithus demanding cancellation of @AMPalestine event cited presence of @AliAbunimah and others and quoted ADL blacklist 2/3, 11 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: I'm at @AMPalestine conference. Chinese SoCal Cultural Center canceled our dinner after pressure from extreme Zionist group @StandWithUs 1/3, 11 hours ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Nelson #Mandela said a lot of things you won't hear about in mainstream coverage this week. Here's some of it: http://t.co/PXp8BVOxB8, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to speak out’ (7)
- Kathleen: Let’s be real about the influence of powerful Jews who can interfere with music artist contracts...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (44)
- Sibiriak: Annie, Excellent points. I so appreciate your intellectual honesty, compassion, and fighting spirit! I...
- Sibiriak: Keith: Basically, it is Corasanti trying to be something she is not, namely, an honest spokesperson for...
- Annie Robbins: they both clearly have problems with the contents of the book itself point taken sibiriak, but...
- Warpaint and terrorists (9)
- Elliot: Thanks for the geography lesson. Who knew the West Bank was so close to Israel? People are interested in...
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′ (66)
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies (13)
- Walid: From the very start of the Zionist enterprise, it has always been about water, water, and water. It wss never...
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace Bedouins (13)
- Ecru: Well obviously – it’s true and they know it. Nothing annoys a Zionist like the truth.
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to speak out’ (7)
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Arab Idol Mohammed Assaf visited the U.N. Monday as a youth ambassador. “I would like to remind you of the millions of other Palestine refugees just like me – the young men and women who are not standing here before you today. When we celebrate this International Day of Solidarity, they are the ones we need to remember.
During the recent power outages Gazan Aya El Zinati made this knockout video with clips of her friend Susan Abulhawa reading ‘Black’, a masterful harsh/heart-thrashing critical poem from her first volume of poetry My Voice Sought the Wind.
The story behind the deal: Israel kept out of the loop as secret US/Iran meetings took place in Oman
Details have emerged the U.S. had been holding secret meetings with Iranian officials in the Omani capital of Muscat since last March, facilitated by Sultan Qaboos of Oman.
Seamac, the Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign, is now running bus ads that dare to say that Palestinian refugees should have equal rights in Israel– the right to return to their homes
CNN says safely that Mohammed Assaf, touring the U.S., has no interest in politics. But Assaf has taken strong political stances on behalf of Palestinians
The Little Wings Foundation arrived in Gaza yesterday. The team carries out pro bono surgeries for children living in the Middle East and North Africa who have musculoskeletal deformities. Dr. Nancy Snyderman from CNN was not there to report their arrival. They literally arrived “quietly, with no fanfare”.
Press Release: The We Divest coalition joins workers, environmentalists, and corporate accountability organizations in congratulating pension fund giant TIAA-CREF for removing Veolia Environnement SA stock (VIE:EN Paris) from its Social Choice Funds portfolio.
Netanyahu wants to put off dealing with the Palestinian issue till the world deals with Iran, maybe even by starting another war. But U.S. officials have another kind of “linkage” in mind: Israel has to stop expansion in the West Bank because it’s causing all sorts of problems. John Kerry and Chuck Hagel have both made statements to that effect. This strategic disagreement underlies the tensions between the countries over talking with Iran; with a Netanyahu aide saying he feels an American knife “imbedding his back”
Last Thursday Israel rounded up 25 Palestinian activists because of their social media postings on Facebook, and it didn’t warrant a blurp in the mainstream press. The activists were hauled off after their homes were raided in East Jerusalem, due to their Facebook postings.
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was almost certainly murdered. Finally, after almost 9 years since his death, an extensive investigation initiated by Al Jazeera has shown what many have suspected for years — Arafat did not die a natural death.
Lara Sawalha and Dana Dajani set the record straight in Visualizing Palestine’s new video debunking Danny Ayalon’s lies in Shlomo Blass’s 2011 hasbara production created for the Israeli Foreign Ministry.
Chris Hedges and Andrew Sullivan have leaped to defend Max Blumenthal’s “Goliath” as an important revelation about Israel
International Solidarity Movement video shows Israeli military arresting a terrified 11-year old boy in Hebron.
After 11 months of grassroots activism based on the Veolia corporation’s doing business with the Israeli occupation, Veolia’s water company dropped out of its bid to provide water services to St. Louis, even after it won the endorsement of the city’s mayor. The humbling of the multinational is a landmark victory for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDS).
UCLA council votes down anti-divestment resolution and exposes pro-Israel trips for student legislators
Students for Justice in Palestine at UCLA defeated an anti-divestment resolution earlier this week. Along with dozens of other campus organizations, SJP activists blasted the notion of “positive investment” in Israel/Palestine and asserted that divesting from corporations who do business with the Israeli military was the most effective way of taking action.
Annie Robbins has an extra ticket to Assaf’s appearance in Las Vegas next Saturday night. Want to join her? It’s a competition!
Tayma Fteiha, 13 year old rapper from Silwan, Jerusalem, has not had a normal childhood, due to Jewish settlers moving in to her neighborhood and seeking demolition of Palestinian houses
A video from Al Quds Newspaper.
Why do Israeli settlements expand during peace talks? is an impressive 10 page series of info-graphics published by The Christian Science Monitor.
Israel’s test-pilot’s UNICEF program: daytime arrests for children living under military occupation
As Alice Rothchild opened her ears to the Palestinian narrative– the chronicle behind “Voices Across the Divide,” a film that opens tonight at Boston Palestinian Film Festival
28 years after the assassination of Alex Odeh on October 11, 1985 at the offices of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) in Santa Ana, California, civil rights groups, along with members of Congress, are pressing the Justice Department to renew the investigate into Odeh’s murder.
There’s a battle in Vancouver. Palestinian solidarity groups have put up posters in buses showing Palestinian loss of land, from 1946 to the present day. A staple of activists for years, the four maps are a dramatic depiction of how Israel has transformed the demographics of the area. Now the rightwing pro-Israel group StandWithUs has fired back, with the biblical ads above.
Support federal funding for Albuquerque, not Israel’s occupation of Palestine, say 7 billboards put up in the city by Jewish Voice for Peace
Within a day of Netanyahu’s fear-mongering speech about Iran at the UN, a UN committee on disarmament appointed Iran the special rapporteur. Israeli diplomats are enraged