- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 20
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 5
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 10
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 37
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 7
- Man of zeal? 25
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 26
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 3
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 0
- In 1990 ‘Nightline’ town hall, Jewish leaders call Mandela ‘hypocritical’ … 0
- The Jewish establishment refused to embrace Mandela in 1990 0
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 0
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 0
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 0
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 0
- On the death of Nelson Mandela: a dissenting opinion 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 104
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 84
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 62
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- RT @maxberger: .@Mondoweiss brilliantly raising money to send Bibi Netanyahu to Nelson Mandela's funeral http://t.co/7eCKUKS5N2, 4 hours ago
- Avigdor Lieberman at #Saban13: The term “occupation” is a “prejudicial, biased approach to the problem” http://t.co/5eRrw0deRQ, 5 hours ago
- RT @SPJPSwarthmore: Congratulations to Swarthmore Hillel! Here's @Mondoweiss's report of their actions http://t.co/3an9wV6z64, 6 hours ago
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for 'state institutions' and 'transition' at #Saban13 http://t.co/5eRrw0deRQ, 7 hours ago
- RT @markperrydc: #Bibi: going to SA "too costly." Last yr he spent $1700 on candles, 23k on flowers and 31k on gardening http://t.co/eSD6kpZP7k, 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (20)
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted a bird’: Wajih Wajdi Al-Ramahi, 14, killed while standing outside of West Bank school (58)
- K Renner: The most surreal, most disgusting thing is that there are people who will legitimately think along these...
- K Renner: Well, there’s no way settler boy can come close to “winning” (or what passes for winning...
- RoHa: “Would the same methodology reveal similar results in most societies, particularly on the difficult...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (104)
- seafoid: Sure it won’t. Who is going to stop the iterations of YESHA ? Iran is a pantomime. The name of the...
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! (37)
Author Archives: Ethan Heitner
In 2011, the board of New York’s LGBT Center instituted a ban on all Palestine-related organizing at the center at the urging of Zionist funders like Michael Lucas. One year ago, queer activists and allies occupied the lobby of the center to protest this ban. Two organizers from the organization FIERCE perfomed an amazing spoken word piece at the demonstration that I felt beautifully, elegantly tied together the disparate struggles of anti-apartheid activists and those fighting for freedom for all people here in NYC. I asked if I could turn that piece into a comic, which I have been slowly working on since then.
Ethan Heitner sketches day two of the Russell Tribunal on Palestine.
Standby lines, an elephant in the room, French manners, the man who wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and old men’s faces are easier to draw are highlights of the first day of the Russell Tribunal, in the sketchbook of the Mondo cartoonist
In the latest installment of Freedom Funnies, Ethan Heitner talks with Larissa Sansour about the cultural boycott and the controversy over her rejection by the Lacoste Elysee Prize.
Palestinian filmmaker and writer Annemarie Jacir explains her decision to not screen a film in the Haifa film festival and the rationale for the cultural boycott of Israel.
In the second installment of Freedom Funnies Palestinian filmmaker Annemarie Jacir describes how Israeli control over Palestinian movement in the occupied territories impacted the production of her film ‘Salt of This Sea.’
This is the first in a monthly series of comics Ethan Heitner will be producing for Mondoweiss. In the first installment, Heitner interviews Palestinian artist Samia Halaby about the cultural boycott of Israel.
Two youth were killed and dozens injured when a masked, black-clad man opened fire with an M-16 at a community center for GLBT youth in Tel Aviv on Saturday night, hours after the Sabbath ended.
It’s highly reminiscent of a time when Palestinian terror attacks targeted Tel Aviv nightclubs and gathering spots (most famously, the Dolphinarium in 2001; most recently the Tel Aviv central bus station in 2006). Although the manhunt for the killer is still ongoing, the GLBT community in Israel is already pointing fingers at the environment of hatred and bigotry fostered by the Orthodox Jewish community, and specifically the Shas party (which has publicly condemned the killing, to be fair).
So, will we see a roundup of prominent Orthodox politicians? Will those who incite violence be arrested? When the killer is caught, will his family’s house be demolished, to “teach a lesson” to others? If they can’t catch the gunman, will they bomb his neighborhood to rubble? Continue reading