- ‘Absolutely not!’ — Young Colorado Jews meet hostility when they … 1
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing 7
- We must disrupt the status quo (and that’s why I … 4
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel … 28
- What’s 7 letters and begins with Z and runs in … 4
- At least 20 Palestinians killed as Israel resumes attacks on … 2
- Dead American soldier in IDF signed up to fight global … 11
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 63
- Jewish Voice for Peace stomps AIPAC and J Street in … 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- Lady Gaza comes to Melbourne 0
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 0
- 5 micro incidents of hope 0
- Israel correctly fears its ‘delegitimizers,’ says leftwing member of Irish … 0
- Israel accuses Gaza children of using Hamas as human shields 0
- West Bank man detained at Allenby crossing for 28 days … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- The Walzer Problem 96
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- Air strikes and rocket fire resume as Gaza negotiations collapse 74
- 'Absolutely not!' -- Young Colorado Jews meet hostility when they try to talk to org leaders http://t.co/0I8FTHCkn7 http://t.co/qdTrnIFMCX, 30 mins ago
- RT @joshruebner: Important article by @alexbkane in @Mondoweiss on use of CTS tear gas to repress protest from #Ferguson to #Palestine http://t.co/KM1gH5RZkt, 32 mins ago
- Dead American soldier in IDF signed up to fight global jihadists plotting 'Holocaust 2.0' http://t.co/xA8kHPymtw, 1 hour ago
- Puzzle clue for @Will_Shortz: What's 7 letters and begins with Z and runs in the @nytimes? http://t.co/3kMa8h5IuL, 1 hour ago
- We must disrupt the status quo (and that's why I sat in at @SenFeinstein's office) http://t.co/FwLepbRJ1B http://t.co/cc6RUDXXZV, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- HAMAS made me do it! (13)
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s Shujaiya neighborhood (29)
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the siege while Israel wants to turn ‘Gaza into Ramallah’ (14)
- Kay24: At least not in our lifetime. I will die a sad person knowing the Palestinians never got justice, ever. :((
- Witnessing Gaza (30)
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them (16)
- Marco: The anti-Tea Party sentiments of Hollywood liberals like Reiner is motivated more by condescension towards...
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for second day in ‘Blocking the Boat for Gaza’ (36)
Author Archives: Ethan Heitner
In 2011, the board of New York’s LGBT Center instituted a ban on all Palestine-related organizing at the center at the urging of Zionist funders like Michael Lucas. One year ago, queer activists and allies occupied the lobby of the center to protest this ban. Two organizers from the organization FIERCE perfomed an amazing spoken word piece at the demonstration that I felt beautifully, elegantly tied together the disparate struggles of anti-apartheid activists and those fighting for freedom for all people here in NYC. I asked if I could turn that piece into a comic, which I have been slowly working on since then.
Ethan Heitner sketches day two of the Russell Tribunal on Palestine.
Standby lines, an elephant in the room, French manners, the man who wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and old men’s faces are easier to draw are highlights of the first day of the Russell Tribunal, in the sketchbook of the Mondo cartoonist
In the latest installment of Freedom Funnies, Ethan Heitner talks with Larissa Sansour about the cultural boycott and the controversy over her rejection by the Lacoste Elysee Prize.
Palestinian filmmaker and writer Annemarie Jacir explains her decision to not screen a film in the Haifa film festival and the rationale for the cultural boycott of Israel.
In the second installment of Freedom Funnies Palestinian filmmaker Annemarie Jacir describes how Israeli control over Palestinian movement in the occupied territories impacted the production of her film ‘Salt of This Sea.’
This is the first in a monthly series of comics Ethan Heitner will be producing for Mondoweiss. In the first installment, Heitner interviews Palestinian artist Samia Halaby about the cultural boycott of Israel.
Two youth were killed and dozens injured when a masked, black-clad man opened fire with an M-16 at a community center for GLBT youth in Tel Aviv on Saturday night, hours after the Sabbath ended.
It’s highly reminiscent of a time when Palestinian terror attacks targeted Tel Aviv nightclubs and gathering spots (most famously, the Dolphinarium in 2001; most recently the Tel Aviv central bus station in 2006). Although the manhunt for the killer is still ongoing, the GLBT community in Israel is already pointing fingers at the environment of hatred and bigotry fostered by the Orthodox Jewish community, and specifically the Shas party (which has publicly condemned the killing, to be fair).
So, will we see a roundup of prominent Orthodox politicians? Will those who incite violence be arrested? When the killer is caught, will his family’s house be demolished, to “teach a lesson” to others? If they can’t catch the gunman, will they bomb his neighborhood to rubble? Continue reading