- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 10
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 9
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 15
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 11
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 0
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 6
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 48
- ‘I wanted to make a film [on] the conflict between … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 197
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 95
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 79
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 133
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t http://t.co/NE6Mqw8fjA, 10 mins ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 06/19/2013 - http://t.co/Y4aV7OD402, 1 hour ago
- Israel & the West tries to neutralize Palestinian cause by transforming liberation struggle into humanitarian project http://t.co/W3g4ixkMWV, 3 hours ago
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation of US policy on settlements http://t.co/jaBiBY2pj1, 3 hours ago
- Sixteen-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts of attempted murder for alleged stone throwing http://t.co/alOOCW8p1w, 4 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (15)
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (48)
- talknic: @ hophmi “So why do the Palestinians need an army if it is no threat to Israeli hegemony?” You...
- talknic: @ Woody ” Scratch a zionist”? No need. It ooooozes out like settler excreta over Palestinian...
- talknic: @ mondonut ” If the Palestinians are not interested in either negotiating a 2ss or in their own...
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner (10)
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t (6)
- Hostage: I find this view a bit naive. It’s a separation of executive and judicial powers built right into the...
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership (11)
- Citizen: Here’s the macro essay on Snowden v Obama: America is its own worst enemy, and Israel is no...
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left scrambling after election of moderate Rouhani (43)
- Yitzgood: Just because he believes something foolish, that means that the israelis have a right to bomb and murder...
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Annie Robbins
- Today in Palestine
- Lizzy Ratner
- Alex Kane
- Eleanor Kilroy
Author Archives: Ira Glunts
Deputy Defense Minister Danny Danon now says what most already know but are afraid to state outright: The current Israeli government will never implement a two-state solution. And there has never been any discussion within the government about the two-state solution: “There was never a government discussion, resolution or vote about the two-state solution,’ Danon said. ‘If you will bring it to a vote in the government — nobody will bring it to a vote, it’s not smart to do it — but if you bring it to a vote, you will see the majority of Likud ministers, along with the Jewish Home [party], will be against it.” And Netanyahu may claim to support it but “the prime minister tied the creation of a Palestinian state to conditions he is certain the Palestinians will not agree to.”
Mark Braverman (above) is a retired clinical psychologist, who in 2006 decided to devote himself full-time to working on the Israeli-Palestinian issue. His book, “Fatal Embrace: Christians, Jews and the Search for Peace in the Holy Land”, was quoted prominently in the recent controversial Church of Scotland report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This document was widely criticized by the Israeli government and Jewish establishment in Great Britain and as a result many of Braverman’s thoughts were removed from the final document. Ira Glunts and Phil Weiss talk with Braverman about the Church of Scotland’s report, the biblical promise of the holy land to the Jewish people, Jesus’ radical critique of Judaism and why he believes all of these are important in the pursuit of peace and justice in the Middle East.
Nathan Blanc, the young imprisoned Israeli conscientious objector, was informed this morning (Thursday) that he will be freed and that the IDF will declare him “unsuitable for military service.”
The first Palestinian and first Arab woman to make it to climb Everest was the Yaffa-born Suzanne al Houby, in 2011. Now Raed Zidan has joined her, the first Palestinian man
Today the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland accepted the controversial Church and Society Council report on Israel/Palestine titled “The Inheritance of Abraham? A Report on the ‘Promised Land,’”which has been widely and angrily condemned by Jewish groups and the Israeli government as anti-Semitic and anti-Israel.
Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox calls ‘fantastical’ racist propaganda
Shmuel Rosner is (sort of) convinced by bizarre Israeli al-Dura report
Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates climb to political prisoners
Palestinian-American Raed Zidan became the first Palestinian to reach the summit of the earth’s highest mountain last Saturday, dedicating his climb to Palestinians – especially political prisoners.
The Church of Scotland yesterday issued a revised version of the report titled “The Inheritance of Abraham? A Report on the Promised Land,” after it was harshly, and in my opinion, unfairly criticized by Jewish groups; Ira Glunts says. The debate on the report has been postponed by the church one week
Mark Landler said the New York Times received a telephone call today (May 15) from an unnamed Israeli official who threatened more airstrikes against Syria and warned that if the Assad regime retaliates it would face “crippling consequences.” When contacted by the newspaper, Mark Regev, an Israeli government spokesperson, refused to comment on the allegation.
Zionists didn’t use theology to justify their settlement in Palestine, traditionally. But when the history of the Nakba put them on the defensive, they began injecting biblical themes into the claim
US promotes regional states/Israeli alliance against Iran while leading provocative naval drills in the Gulf
The U.S. is promoting a military alliance among Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Turkey in order to counter what they perceive as an Iranian threat.
Is this the beginning of a beautiful relationship or what? Sheldon Adelson championed Newt Gingrich and then Mitt Romney during the US presidential election, in an effort to ensure Israeli control of the occupied territories forever, and has long supported Benjamin Netanyahu for the same rightwing goal. But he appears to be covering his bases, meeting with Yair Lapid, the centrist meteor in Israeli politics. Lapid was careful not to criticize Israeli settlements during the recent campaign, and has partnered with rightwinger Naftali Bennett. No wonder he’s meeting with Adelson
In huge demonstration against lawless settler outpost, 500 Palestinians are teargassed by Israeli army
500 protest settler harassment, the largest Palestinian demonstration of its kind in recent years
Defence for Children International Palestine (DCI-Palestine) released this video of the Israeli Border Police allegedly showing a Palestinian teenager being forced to act as a human shield. The young man, identified only as “Mohammed K., 17,” had been participating in a demonstration in support of hunger striking prisoners which occurred in the West Bank town of Abu Dis on Friday, April 19.
Prokhorov may have more power in Russia than Putin, Forbes Israel says, in Hebrew edition bragging on Jewish billionaires
Israeli joke: On Memorial Day we mourn our Jewish dead, on Independence Day we give thanks for theirs
On the occasion of Memorial Day when Israel commemorates its dead soldiers and others who were killed in its conflict with its neighbors, Sergeant Major Avi Ben Chamo placed the following “joke” on his Facebook account: An Arab asks a Jew on Memorial Day eve: ‘Why do you stand [at attention] at the sound of the siren?’ The Jew answers: ‘We stand silently [at attention] to remember the Jewish soldiers that were killed in Israeli wars.’ The Arab asks: ‘What about our dead?’ The Jew answers, ‘Ah, that we celebrate tomorrow…’
AB Yehoshua and Amos Oz are the kind faces of occupation when they ask Samer Issawi to give up his fast, ignoring his requests
Various news sources report that the Obama administration has notified the Palestinian Authority that the new U.S. approach to peace negotiations will be based on the 2002 Arab Peace Initiative, but with some notable changes. In a move to assuage Israel, the U.S. is looking to move away from the 1967 lines as a starting point for negotiations and wants to include “stronger security guarantees” which is usually a euphemism for less Palestinian sovereignty
“The recent increase in attacks against Arabs is a symptom of a racist and intolerant society” — Ahmed Tibi
The Zionists made the desert bloom, then they turned it into a cage. And who is inside it?
‘Flotilla is absolutely flying!’: Two-year-old filly ‘Flotilla’ owned by Qatari sheikh wins Breeders’ Cup race
Yesterday, ten days after the emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, became the first head of state ever to visit Gaza, two-year-old filly Flotilla, owned by another member of the Qatari ruling family, Sheikh Mohammed al-Thani, thrilled racegoers who are supporters of the Gaza flotilla movement, by winning the prestigious Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf race by a length and a quarter.
From questionable circumcision ritual to occupation tourism, NY Times chronicles Jewish life sans judgment
As part of its role, The Times serves the Jewish community– so it must feature Shmuel Rosner’s description of occupation tourism in Palestine. In any other illegal occupation, it would never be neutral
“Israeli” baseball team advances in a qualifying round of the World Baseball Classic
If Germany takes measures against circumcision, presumably Muslims and not just Jews would feel unwelcome
Mixing football season and the Jewish high holidays