- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the … 0
- Cornell SJP publishes ‘Notes on Palestine/Israel’ as an antidote to … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ 0
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of … 1
- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone … 19
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the … 23
- Church of Scotland accepts controversial report on Israel/Palestine 7
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of … 7
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1699
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1360
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 399
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 101
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 54
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ http://t.co/EmF6Q8qzNQ, 15 mins ago
- .@CornellSJP publishes ‘Notes on Palestine/Israel’ as an antidote to ‘dialogue’ http://t.co/9tFql1nJlD, 36 mins ago
- CBS responds 2 CAMERA's endless letters about Bob Simon's 60 Min report on Israel w/ a 4-line pro-forma get-lost note http://t.co/x99oFk8qLj, 48 mins ago
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ http://t.co/2QDw1azvzX, 49 mins ago
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism http://t.co/x99oFk8qLj, 51 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (1)
- Annie Robbins: the image of the treatment of ‘Christians of the Holy Land’ is completely coveted by...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (54)
- marc b.: Half Jews? Half Jews? My goodness, Biorabbi, do you mean… right on, don. these are the real self-haters....
- Chelsea Clinton’s multifaith initiative (15)
- marc b.: The sins of the father (and/or mother) are theirs and not their children’s. that was a flip comment by me,...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (43)
- Citizen: @ German Lefty RE: “Well, Israel does have Germany as a role model. It’s just not the current...
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ forum on Nakba (94)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (101)
- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting (38)
- talknic: Kerry in perspective. http://wp.me/pDB7k-19a
- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone policy (19)
- German Lefty: That was awesome…..wondering if MSM will play this. Here’s Chris Hayes:...
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (1)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Phan Nguyen
A smear campaign against UN Rapporteur Richard Falk distorts his words to claim that he blames Israel and the US for the Boston bombing—and that he believes the vicitms had it coming. Yet Falk never made the comments he was accused of making. Above, Falk talks at the United Nations.
Phan Nguyen reflects on the 10th anniversary of Rachel Corrie’s death: “I was at my home in Olympia, Washington, on the morning of Sunday, March 16, 2003, when I received a call from Will, a friend who had traveled to Rafah. It was a pleasant surprise. I had already heard from Rachel Corrie, whom he had gone to Palestine with, but not from him, so my enthusiasm was pronounced when I asked him how he was doing. “Um … really bad,” he said. “Rachel’s dead.””
Pamela Geller and other Israel supporters rejoiced when it was announced that, in an affront to BDS, the Rolling Stones would perform in Israel—except it was a hoax.
When New York public officials criticized Brooklyn College for hosting a BDS event with Judith Butler and Omar Barghouti, it wasn’t the first time local politicians had mobilized against pro-Palestinian activism. Under the guidance of the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York elected officials have rallied against boycott, supported censoring speakers critical of Israel and even met with settler leaders. Although JCRC may not have led the fight at Brooklyn College, its influence in city politics is clear to see. Above, New York City Council members pose with JCRC-NY Vice President and CEO Michael Miller and Israeli Minister of Information and Diaspora (and settler) Yuli Edelstein.
Phan Nguyen examines the conflicting rocket attack statistics cited by the Israeli military to justify the current attack on Gaza.
“Rage” is all the rage with Newsweek, apparently. For comparison:
Veteran peace activist and interfaith dialogue advocate Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb is the latest target in a campaign to attack Barack Obama in the run-up to the US presidential election.
The recent hubbub over the word “occupation” reminds me of a conversation I had last year with Akiva Tor, the Israeli Consul General to the Pacific Northwest.
What does the Equality Forum’s LGBT Summit and a conference hosted by John Hagee have in common? The same headlining speaker.
Yesterday, YNet, the Times of Israel, the JTA, and the Jewish Daily Forward published reports about the targeting of 200 Jewish university students in a guerrilla campaign instigated by “pro-Palestinian” activists at the start of Passover. One problem with the story — it never happened.
Hasbara in 1988: ‘despite difficulties, South Africa is a vital, progressive state with much to admire ‘
First of an ongoing series by Phan Nguyen on the use of the apartheid analogy. Defenders of South African apartheid said blacks were doing better there than in other African countries and South Africa was an asset to the west. Sound familiar?
The pro-Israel organization StandWithUs concocted a story about a mass boycott of a Jewish deli in Olympia, WA to attack the region’s growing BDS movement.
Last week, three pinkwashing events in Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia, Washington were cancelled, following actions by anti-pinkwashing activists.
On February 27, Judge Thomas McPhee of Thurston County Superior Court dismissed the anti-BDS lawsuit against the Olympia Food Co-op, accepting the defendants’ motion that the lawsuit violated Washington State’s anti-SLAPP law. Here are excerpts of Judge McPhee’s key findings.
The first court hearing in the lawsuit against the Olympia Food Co-op will commence on Thursday, February 24. Let’s look at some of the players behind this “apolitical” lawsuit, from the plaintiffs to the StandWithUs-affiliated attorneys to the Israeli officials.
Last week, the David Project released its “white paper” on Israel advocacy in US colleges and universities, titled A Burning Campus? Rethinking Israel Advocacy at America’s Universities and Colleges.
Khader Adnan, age 33, is on his 59th day on hunger strike. Fifty-nine days was how long it took for Francis Hughes to succumb to his starvation and die. Hughes was one of ten Irish republican prisoners who died during the 1981 hunger strike, calling for the British government to recognize their status as political prisoners.
In light of the attacks against the upcoming Penn BDS conference, here is a reminder of the time Desmond Tutu got the “Penn BDS” treatment at other US universities, even when he wasn’t talking about BDS or Israel.
Propagandists seek to scare fellow Jews against Israel boycott by invoking the Holocaust
Neocons slamming boycott movement in Philly always resort to military action when they don’t like foreign countries’ behavior
Israel’s self-delegitimization campaign intensifies as Ynet, the website of Israel’s second largest daily, publishes a news article headlined, “Zoabi Endorses Anti-Semitic Author.” The article, which also appears in print in Hebrew, is a shocking exposé that reveals that Palestinian-Israeli Knesset … Continue reading
Martin Luther King is used in Israeli video to promote Zionism. Same producer has done racist blackface skits
Martin Luther King rejected offers of peace in the South as a negative, obnoxious peace that papered over blacks’ legitimate struggle for rights
Israeli group Latma has come out with another alleged satire. This one says that black people are trying to rape white women. Funny?
Occupy Olympia celebrates Rachel Corrie’s commitment to social justice by occupying a county building and renaming it after her