- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 5
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 18
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 5
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 6
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 20
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 1
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 14
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 34
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service http://t.co/0wDVo4tpjY via @reuters, 1 hour ago
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron http://t.co/wblFK3LyLL http://t.co/0XGl6B9JuS, 2 hours ago
- Video: A Jew who visited Palestine responds to @nytimes assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews http://t.co/47nU3SMYpk, 2 hours ago
- Thx for following Mondo on Twitter. You can also "Like" us on Facebook https://t.co/mOwMwszPwT & get our daily email http://t.co/O00ZWDlALu, 2 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A group of young people whose forebears come from Iqrit have enacted on their own terms the right of return http://t.co/wJ8sTJs9GH, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (2)
- David Samel: Great report, Alex and Allison. btw, the Palestinian commandos behind the 1972 Munich Olympics disaster...
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (18)
- justicewillprevail: How ambiguous of you. Hoping to have your cake and eat it, by pretending to sound liberal whilst...
- puppies: @unverified – Modifying a reader’s letter is vile and does deserve censure, but you seem to be...
- JeffB: @unverified Between 1968 and 2010 there were 3,568 deaths in Ireland due to religious struggles. The Second...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (20)
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern overturns Students for Justice in Palestine suspension (5)
- W.Jones: Yes, except I am not making a judgment about SJP’s decision.
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have scoffed at– Bryan Burrough (44)
- PilgrimSoul: Terry Gross is a propagandist, and a particularly vulgar one. I’ll not soon forget her asking...
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy crops (14)
- talknic: “”He has to choose,” said prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu. “Does he want peace...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (60)
- giladg: Yes talknic, “Die Stem”, which was the Afrikaner anthem, is part of the new Sth Arican anthem....
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (2)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
NYT public editor Margaret Sullivan kept racist smear alive when she said all the Times had to do was modify the statement in a letter that Palestinians want to kill “all Jews” to say “Some” or “many” Palestinians. Ted Auerbach, who lately visited Palestine, responds to the racist claim
Terry Gross has avoided the topic of Edward Snowden on “Fresh Air,” but when she pressed Bryan Burrough, he admitted that Snowden has transformed his understanding of how the world works
In Today’s Times, Nick Bilton has a piece on novel uses of “bots,” or computer code that impersonates humans and mimics their activities on-line, titled “Friends, and Influence for Sale Online.” Here are a few paragraphs near the end of … Continue reading
Truman and FDR both predicted World War 3 in establishing a Jewish state. And then– Zionist lobbyists convinced Truman he needed political support from the American Jewish community, and Palestinians got screwed out of their lands, John Judis argues in his new book
‘Time to get the Arabs out?’ — of Jerusalem’s holy places — is the appeal on a pro-Israel site. The same appeal is said to have appeared on the page of a US charity that supports Israeli soldiers and is pushing Israeli control of the Temple Mount
Netanyahu threw in the Jewish state demand to sabotage talks, Norman Finkelstein says. Why not just change your name to the Jewish State of Israel, ala the Islamic Republic of Iran?
Israeli court to hear Palestinian villages’ petition to end ethnically-based discrimination in West Bank planning. Rabbis for Human Rights is pushing the measure aimed at a Jim Crow system of two laws for two ethnicities, privileging Jews
History News Network runs a further smear against Max Blumenthal, suggesting he’s an anti-Semite who incited killings in Kansas City, and tries to undo the damage by running Southern Poverty Law Center’s vigorous denunciation of the smears
Haaretz had a redbaiting headline on its Steve Walt interview — “I’m not anti-Israel,” Now it’s replaced it with a headline asking why Walt wants to end the special relationship between the countries
John Aravosis praises a sensational terrifying Bloomberg ad taking on the gun lobby as worthy of AIPAC — but would anyone ever run such an ad against AIPAC and the special relationship of the US and Israel?
Is Israel your home? Israel’s deputy foreign minister, a rightwing Jewish nationalist, says it’s clear to see that Israel is home to all the world’s Jews.
Mark Halperin says Rand Paul’s views on Israel disqualify him. “That guy could evolve from Passover to Easter to Christmas to every holiday in the world. He could spend his whole life evolving….That is an important part of the current view of foreign policy. He can evolve all he wants, I just don’t think he can get over that hurdle”
In a TV show not long after ’67 war, Woody Allen quipped that Israel shouldn’t give the occupied land back, but “sell it back.” Conservative guest Bill Buckley echoed him and went further.
Margaret Sullivan, the Times public editor, says she is “troubled” by a decision by the New York Times Jerusalem bureau to go along with an Israeli gag order and not report news of the detention of Israeli Palestinian journalist Majd Kayyal by Israeli secret police
News reports are casting doubt on authenticity of anti-Semitic fliers attributed to pro-Russian forces in Ukraine, saying they are likely a provocation. Hungary’s anti-Semitic party’s rise is a more concerning development.
After long angry interview with Steve Walt, Haaretz writer Chemi Shalev has an epiphany born of his late mother’s experience in Europe: Walt is one of those gentiles who pretend to like Jews but doesn’t.
Palestinian sources are saying that a device mounted to Israel’s separation wall north of Bethelehm is a remote-controlled machine gun, which produces anxiety among Bethlehemites.
Tom Friedman channels Max Blumenthal, telling American Jews that Israel isn’t a place they’d love. It’s filled with religious zealots and political extremists
Stephanie Hawkins, a village trustee in upstate NY, has stood up to an onslaught of legal threats from Fox News chairman Roger Ailes because of a Facebook post she wrote that he didn’t like.
Many have expressed fear of Arab and Muslim-American political actions on campus. The fear is of a different point of view being expressed, the challenge to an establishment that has killed 100s of 1000s of Muslims around the world.
Nir Barkat says that Jerusalem must never be divided, and that Palestinians should have their “center of life” in Ramallah, and an embassy in Jerusalem. On Fareed Zakaria’s show GPS.
Eric Alterman outshines the New York Times laying the blame for the failure of peace talks at Netanyahu’s door. Then he lashes out at BDS, saying it’s helped the occupation. A bizarre and absurd claim.
The New York Times runs an astonishing opinion piece by an Iranian and Israeli scholars saying that Iran is becoming a secular society with the world’s good opinion, while Israel grows rightwing, intolerant and subject to a surging BDS movement because of its occupation.
At a not-so-secret secret conference in London, Israel advocates like Ron Lauder hint at the use of Israeli “intelligence” to take on global critics of Israel
Congressmen Bill Johnson of Ohio and David McKinley of West Virginia toured the Temple Mount in February with a rightwing messianic Jew who wants Jews to reclaim the Muslim site. They are evidently playing for the evangelical vote in swing districts