- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw … 8
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks … 6
- Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin 6
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against … 7
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 4
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 19
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 43
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 0
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 0
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 0
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 0
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 145
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 125
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 90
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 70
- RT @mattapuzzo: Missing American in Iran was working on unapproved CIA mission. Major mishaps. http://t.co/OHYO2b89p2 My last story with @adamgoldmanwp, 9 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, wins Best Film Award in Asia Pacific Screen Awards. http://t.co/XHPUkuYtMb #Film #Palestine, 9 hours ago
- RT @urihoresh: @Mondoweiss Minor correction: she is not the first MK to have been born in Ethiopia. Adiso Masala was the first., 9 hours ago
- RT @UpsideDownTweet: Mexicans Against Zionism http://t.co/UdVbW2UdS5, 10 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: @Mondoweiss @sjabulhawa I'm on board and Susan is in Philly. What do you say @SwatHillel?, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (130)
- Shingo: The reality of redemption was different from the fantasy of redemption. So what? No, it was the redemption...
- Shingo: I know you meant this to be extreme, but sort of yes, though you need to replace Nazi with German. Just like...
- Shingo: You have no ability to see the Israeli side, the Israeli sufferings, the fact that we are the main victims...
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks like Gaza’ (6)
- Inanna: Yes it’s terrible when terrorists use children as human shields: In Gaza: http://www.haaretz.com/new...
- RoHa: I’d like to believe this is to give them a second chance to learn the basic rules: 1. Share everything....
- talknic: @ OlegR Uh huh…… Learning how to slaughter Palestinian toddlers must be tiring
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (18)
- Djinn: Off topic but not really…anyone else a bit sick of the cock sucker slander, it’s only pejorative...
- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw attention to Palestinian plight (8)
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (46)
- Ellen: Jeff you are talking about trade of goods in a comercial arena, your LLC. Not a not-for-profit organization...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (130)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Watching a Palestinian student hit by rubber bullet on Al Quds University, three Brandeis professors side with Al Quds president Sari Nusseibeh over Brandeis president Fred Lawrence
If not now, when? Swarthmore Hillel should invite anti-Zionist authors Max Blumenthal and Susan Abulhawa to speak in the Main Line, and bait Eric Fingerhut of Hillel Int’l to play George Wallace if he dares
John Kerry is trying to hold Benjamin Netanyahu so tight he can’t even wiggle — per the political wisdom that you hold your friends close but enemies even closer
Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ of Israeli officers to ‘protect him’ — Danon
Israel will be in the Jordan Valley “forever,” deputy defense minister Danny Danon says on WNYC. Brian Lehrer asks whether Israel’s nuclear arsenal is making it a “rogue state.” Good questions
‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens has led many more to leave their Jewish identity entirely behind,’ Samuel Norich, publisher of the Forward, states in a fundraising appeal forthe Jewish newspaper
John Podhoretz of Commentary is a Jewish leader, per the 92d Street Y. So why did he smear Max Blumenthal for ‘suck[ing] the cocks of Jew-haters’
Eric Fingerhut, president of Hillel International, says Israel is the pluralistic open democratic home of the Jewish people, and no college Hillel in the U.S. can invite an anti-Zionist to speak. So much for openness!
Dems won’t support Obama on Iran because they are tight with AIPAC’s board and need donations, writes Noam Neusner at the Forward. But the NYT won’t tell you this. The nightflower Israel lobby remains a nightflower
‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards and Gram Parsons boycotted South Africa)
“When I say I’m going to South Africa, I get this cold stare,” Gram Parsons said in 1968. Keith Richards explained about apartheid, and Parsons dropped out of a Byrds tour to the country.
President Obama exalted the principle of activism at Mandela’s memorial: “of taking risks on behalf of our ideals.” From Jimmy Carter to Brian Williams to Lowell Weicker, others have extolled activism as a lesson of Mandela’s life. What are you doing to honor your ideals?
Palestinian protesters in the occupied village of Bil’in are inspired by Mandela, as a soldier prods one with his rifle. And meanwhile John Kerry at Ben Gurion airport says that Israelis and Palestinians must remember Mandela’s actions. But Mandela advocated violence to achieve freedom, and the US once considered him a terrorist.
Hollywood director Zack Snyder is like the opposite of BDS; he has a penchant for casting Israeli actresses, lately Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman; and he’s made a film that was considered anti-Iran propaganda. Is director of Man of Steel a man of zeal?
Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’
James Fallows provides Max Blumenthal’s breakthrough to the mainstream, a piece in the Atlantic signifying Goliath’s importance
Shimon Peres refuses to reflect on his support for apartheid. “Since I cannot change the past, why should I deal with it?”
Swarthmore Hillel shatters the consensus demanded by Hillel Int’l on Israel views. Young Jews will never be the same.
It is “astonishing” that no Israeli university has come out against the occupation, Judith Butler says, in saluting the American Studies Association’s resolution for academic boycott of Israel
Imagine if South Africa was Israel. Would the Senate vote 86-21 in favor of stiff sanctions against apartheid? It did in 1986, four years before apartheid fell.
Israeli army clears soldiers of any crime in the Dec. 2011 killing of Mustafa Tamimi. A look inside the IDF twitter feed shows it’s obsessed with “terrorists”– and war paint.
Israeli security is uppermost concern in US engagement in peace talks. John Kerry grins as Netanyahu sits within inches of the red telephone. You’d be grinning too.
Andrew Sullivan says he thought Chris Hughes would change the New Republic after he bought it from Marty Peretz. But it’s still part of the greater Israel lobby
Another sign that the left is in the Palestinian solidarity camp: Steven Salaita, grandson of Palestinian refugee, endorses academic boycott in Salon
Ron Dermer gives Obama cufflinks made in the City of David, a Jewish settlement in occupied East Jerusalem
Boston Globe promoted Massachusetts partnership with Israeli water technology initiative without pointing out unfair distribution of water on an ethnic basis there
Robert Gottlieb and the editors of the New York Review of Books are very interested in Leonard Bernstein’s sex life and not at all in his love of Israel, though that was a primary motivation
Netanyahu doesn’t want Pope Francis restaging Pope Benedict’s photo-opp at the wall if he comes to Bethlehem. So he gave him a passive-aggressive gift yesterday