- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone … 6
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the … 11
- Church of Scotland accepts controversial report on Israel/Palestine 1
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of … 4
- Chelsea Clinton’s multifaith initiative 7
- More on the ‘creepy’ al-Dura report 7
- Exile and the Prophetic: Does John Kerry have the keys … 6
- Wolf Blitzer looks for a religious state 12
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1699
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1359
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 93
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 87
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 48
- RT @alexbkane: Obama says expanded surveillance raises "difficult questions" , but his Justice Dept. has stalled on an inquiry into NYPD sp…, 6 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Flashback: Israel helped train Guatemalan dictator Rios Montt, recently convicted of genocide. https://t.co/oYsxDokunE, 7 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Israel to train Chiapas police? Well. Say goodnight to the Zapatistas and probably a whole lot of indigenous groups http://…, 7 hours ago
- RT @RodrigoEBR: Medea Benjamin also told Obama "I love my country. I love the rule of law. Abide by the rule of law. You're a constitutiona…, 7 hours ago
- RT @allisonkilkenny: I've never seen this level of outrage from journos levelled at the president for, say, droning people in secret. But f…, 7 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Mohammed Assaf, singing sensation out of Gaza refugee camp, torches Arab Idol competition (25)
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the ‘war on terror’ (11)
- RoHa: Boykin was the “my God is bigger” guy who didn’t seem to notice that rescuing American...
- ActivistGal: I’m not as enamoured of Finkelstein as I used to be, particularly with his dismissal of BDS as a...
- biorabbi: Every religion has grievances. I don’t understand Greenwald’s point. Yes, I understand the...
- Wolf Blitzer looks for a religious state (12)
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (35)
- James Canning: Bravo, Rusty. What imbecility on part of the US, to oppose Palestine’s membership in UNESCO....
- James Canning: @Newclench – - Do we care? Virtually every country on earth in effect accepts the Green Line as...
- James Canning: @Rityl – - The security threat posed by the illegal Jewish settlers in WB is more of an...
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Rawan Yaghi
Rawan Yaghi describes life in Gaza under the constant threat of Israeli F16s: I was fourteen when the AbuSelmeyyas’ house was attacked by an F16 air strike. My body shivers as I write this. The attack killed the father and mother and seven of their children, Nasrallah 4, Aya 7, Yahya 9, Eman 12, Huda 14 who was my classmate in primary school. I wasn’t allowed to see any news about the attack. I heard from my brother that day that the bomb was directly dropped on the room where the mother and the children were. I also heard about their body parts being found in the buildings next to their house. I was only fourteen. What did I know.
Israeli drones in Gaza now carry out “warning attacks” in which they partially destroy a building to warn occupants to evacuate within three minutes. Terrifying
Rawan Yaghi describes life in Gaza under Israeli assault.
Rawan Yaghi tells us the story of an Israeli setter attack on a Palestinian family over Eid holidays thru the eyes of one of the child victims.
In Gaza, people celebrate. Yes, Gaza celebrates. Piles of all kinds of candy are spread everywhere on sidewalks in markets. Different kinds of fresh fruit, toys, snacks, Eid cookies. In Gaza, like so many other places in the world, kids … Continue reading
The sky was halfway eaten by the wall, and the sun was no better