- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank 1
- Iraqis flee Mosul under threat from ISIS 0
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza 10
- Israeli forces kill 3 during Gaza solidarity march in West … 12
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 9
- Photo: Message on Israeli shell headed to Gaza, ‘Thats for … 9
- Israel’s actions ‘unjustified’ in eyes of women, non-whites, Dems, indy’s, … 34
- ‘The unity is stronger than ever’: Report from historic march … 9
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — … 0
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 0
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing … 0
- Burning children 0
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 0
- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die … 0
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 0
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 132
- RT @JalalAK_jojo: excellent -- The Gaza massacre is the price of a “Jewish state” http://t.co/gXqi2zlrLf via @intifada, 19 mins ago
- RT @BarakRavid: Israeli minister Yuval Steinitz tells CNN Israel's security cabinet unanimously rejected a proposed one-week humanitarian cease-fire, 22 mins ago
- RT @SamLovesHummus: Sources: @MarkRegevPMO & @LTCPeterLerner staying up late to think of new talking point to replace "we accepted ceasefire they didn't". #Gaza, 24 mins ago
- RT @BarakRavid: .@JohnKerry's attempts to downplay the fact Israel rejected his proposal are just pathetic, 24 mins ago
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank http://t.co/pO3rj701XJ http://t.co/PSiseAfm1Z, 29 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (9)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (40)
- ckg: New comics from Pat Oliphant and Ted Rall.
- Daily protests rage for Gaza across the West Bank (1)
- just: Thank you Sheren and Matthew– great reporting. (Fawaz Gerges (CNN) is slamming Israel for creating...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (30)
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (10)
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability till blockade is lifted (132)
- Kathryn: It sure puts the lie to Israel’s capabilities in anything but bombing. With Israel having such...
Author Archives: Roqayah Chamseddine
The blood has not yet dried on the streets of Boston after a horrific attack which left three dead and dozens injured, yet the question for many now is not the identity of the perpetrator but how long his beard is. The local authorities have not identified any suspects yet a plethora of minds have clearly been made up as to who committed this abhorrent act; the hashtag #Muslims went on to trend for hours alongside #MuslimsDidIt.
I loathe the premise that people of colour should be ‘grateful’ that others are taking notice of their subjugation, or that they should bite their tongues and clench their fists and instead show gratitude because their varied plights are being in some way ‘acknowledged‘ by others.
I did not identify as a feminist long ago, in fact I would squirm, roll my eyes, groan and shoo away any mention of feminism with a simple wave of my hand. Feminism was a word I detested, that I … Continue reading
Five drone-themed Valentine’s Day cards.
‘Rocks For Palestine’, is a poem creatively drawn out in Arabic calligraphy by Everitte Barbee.
After 9/11 IHOP told a model manager, Hussein ‘Joseph’ Chamseddine, to ‘lay low’ on the job because he is Muslim. Then in 2010 it fired him and three others
‘In your eyes, I’m a terrorist’ but you killed and maimed 100s of 1000s of Muslims — Mehanna, on sentencing
Tarek Mehanna is sentenced to 17-1/2 years in Massachusetts as an alleged terrorist, targeted because he had questioned American policy in the Middle East
Survivors of the massacre in Kandahar say that more than one American was involved
In my native Lebanon, where I volunteered last winter in a number of Palestinian refugees camps such as Burj el Barajne, I saw first hand the immense level of deprivation Palestinians face as refugees in Lebanon, where they are prevented from the right to work, from joining any Lebanese trade unions, from owning property and even denied social security.
Orwellian-style agitprop from James Joyner in The Atlantic on the Haditha massacre where 24 unarmed Iraqi men, women and children were killed by a group of United States Marines in 2005.
On the 10th anniversary of the US military prison at Guantánamo Bay, in commemoration of all the prisoners who have suffered, we invite you to listen to former detainee Qari Mohemmed Saad Iqbal Madani. Without having being charged nor having … Continue reading
Notes on Obama’s expanding drone war
45-year-long military occupation has made normal life impossible for Palestinians who depend on Christmas travel to Jerusalem and Bethlehem
For Iraqis, the suffering is endless and the consequences of occupation have only just begun. America left a ruined country.
I am the product of a southern melody; a composite sketch drawn on sheets of both destruction and resurrection, of rage and recovery. The bloody fragments of Sabra and Shatila played out a bold symphony throughout my life, with the … Continue reading
As of late, watching US-based media awkwardly follow the uprising in Egypt has become nothing more than a maddening task; I have learned more in respect to the apathy of Washington than the alleged “chaos” in Egypt. I have watched … Continue reading
[Editor's note: Today is Al-Quds Day, an international day of solidarity with the Palestinian people that is held annually on the last Friday of Ramadan.] Al Quds – Jerusalem: The city of martyrs; the occupied city. A city painted a … Continue reading
The Lebanese Parliament on Tuesday approved a law permitting Palestinians residing in Lebanon the same work opportunities as foreigners; the proposal amending the Lebanese Labor Law will grant Palestinian refugees in Lebanon the right to free-of-charge work permits and severance … Continue reading