- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, … 9
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these … 21
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank take a … 14
- Air strikes and rocket fire resume as Gaza negotiations collapse 46
- Ceasefire comes to a close — Mohammed Assaf’s ‘Raise Your … 29
- Revenge devoid of purpose: Punitive demolitions of Palestinian homes 8
- NY Times describes Israel’s June rampage in the West Bank … 8
- More Orientalist insinuations in the New York Times 39
- Man who saved Jewish boy in Holocaust acts to save … 0
- Social worker, 45, among 3 killed by Israeli soldiers at … 0
- Checking under Israel’s Iron Dome 0
- Rabbi slams ‘militarization’ in St. Louis but when it comes … 0
- Palestine posters archive nominated to UNESCO Memory of the World … 0
- Knight in shining armor? 0
- 5 micro incidents of hope 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- Hollywood’s latest blacklist shadows Bardem, Cruz, Almodovar 105
- The Walzer Problem 96
- ‘One nation, one state, one leader’ — frightening slogan at … 90
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- RT @ChemiShalev: Hamas: Israel tried to kill Mohammed Deif, head of Qassam brigades and no. 1 on Israel's list. His fate unclear but wife & daughter dead, 7 hours ago
- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, he plans 2 return 2 Palestine http://t.co/drxGmuLPCc http://t.co/DYGlKYtuv3, 7 hours ago
- 'I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts' http://t.co/nXjb3jhp1d #IfNotNow #Gaza http://t.co/GY6ZQGjWSV, 7 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A timeline full of horrors: James Foley, #Ferguson, #Gaza, 7 hours ago
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank @rosaluxstiftung take a stand on Gaza http://t.co/cech4T4i9m, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- HAMAS made me do it! (13)
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s Shujaiya neighborhood (29)
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the siege while Israel wants to turn ‘Gaza into Ramallah’ (14)
- Kay24: At least not in our lifetime. I will die a sad person knowing the Palestinians never got justice, ever. :((
- Witnessing Gaza (30)
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them (16)
- Marco: The anti-Tea Party sentiments of Hollywood liberals like Reiner is motivated more by condescension towards...
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for second day in ‘Blocking the Boat for Gaza’ (36)
Author Archives: Roqayah Chamseddine
The blood has not yet dried on the streets of Boston after a horrific attack which left three dead and dozens injured, yet the question for many now is not the identity of the perpetrator but how long his beard is. The local authorities have not identified any suspects yet a plethora of minds have clearly been made up as to who committed this abhorrent act; the hashtag #Muslims went on to trend for hours alongside #MuslimsDidIt.
I loathe the premise that people of colour should be ‘grateful’ that others are taking notice of their subjugation, or that they should bite their tongues and clench their fists and instead show gratitude because their varied plights are being in some way ‘acknowledged‘ by others.
I did not identify as a feminist long ago, in fact I would squirm, roll my eyes, groan and shoo away any mention of feminism with a simple wave of my hand. Feminism was a word I detested, that I … Continue reading
Five drone-themed Valentine’s Day cards.
‘Rocks For Palestine’, is a poem creatively drawn out in Arabic calligraphy by Everitte Barbee.
After 9/11 IHOP told a model manager, Hussein ‘Joseph’ Chamseddine, to ‘lay low’ on the job because he is Muslim. Then in 2010 it fired him and three others
‘In your eyes, I’m a terrorist’ but you killed and maimed 100s of 1000s of Muslims — Mehanna, on sentencing
Tarek Mehanna is sentenced to 17-1/2 years in Massachusetts as an alleged terrorist, targeted because he had questioned American policy in the Middle East
Survivors of the massacre in Kandahar say that more than one American was involved
In my native Lebanon, where I volunteered last winter in a number of Palestinian refugees camps such as Burj el Barajne, I saw first hand the immense level of deprivation Palestinians face as refugees in Lebanon, where they are prevented from the right to work, from joining any Lebanese trade unions, from owning property and even denied social security.
Orwellian-style agitprop from James Joyner in The Atlantic on the Haditha massacre where 24 unarmed Iraqi men, women and children were killed by a group of United States Marines in 2005.
On the 10th anniversary of the US military prison at Guantánamo Bay, in commemoration of all the prisoners who have suffered, we invite you to listen to former detainee Qari Mohemmed Saad Iqbal Madani. Without having being charged nor having … Continue reading
Notes on Obama’s expanding drone war
45-year-long military occupation has made normal life impossible for Palestinians who depend on Christmas travel to Jerusalem and Bethlehem
For Iraqis, the suffering is endless and the consequences of occupation have only just begun. America left a ruined country.
I am the product of a southern melody; a composite sketch drawn on sheets of both destruction and resurrection, of rage and recovery. The bloody fragments of Sabra and Shatila played out a bold symphony throughout my life, with the … Continue reading
As of late, watching US-based media awkwardly follow the uprising in Egypt has become nothing more than a maddening task; I have learned more in respect to the apathy of Washington than the alleged “chaos” in Egypt. I have watched … Continue reading
[Editor's note: Today is Al-Quds Day, an international day of solidarity with the Palestinian people that is held annually on the last Friday of Ramadan.] Al Quds – Jerusalem: The city of martyrs; the occupied city. A city painted a … Continue reading
The Lebanese Parliament on Tuesday approved a law permitting Palestinians residing in Lebanon the same work opportunities as foreigners; the proposal amending the Lebanese Labor Law will grant Palestinian refugees in Lebanon the right to free-of-charge work permits and severance … Continue reading