- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 0
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 4
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 11
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 0
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 7
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 23
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 13
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 668
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 310
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 148
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 74
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 3 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 3 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 3 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 3 hours ago
- RT @War_Times: Blood on Israel’s Hands from #Palestine to the Mayan Highlands http://t.co/hAHRMXYXMm #Nakba @mondoweiss @jadaliyya #Guatema…, 24 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (4)
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (11)
- Shingo: This is silly. Every country has the right to refuse entry to suspected foreign troublemakers So why does it...
- Ellen: Brian, your statement is bizzare. I imagine you have not read the proposed bill or even the article above....
- notatall: Since Israel has never defined its borders, Esker’s comment is beside the point.
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (7)
- Citizen: Maybe Phil’s dentist is projecting in the freudian sense? My dentist is Indian, and he won’t...
- yourstruly: How convenient, too, that at a time when there are so many reasons for the public to question our...
- gingershot: Here’s a good example of racism in the media – reported on Ynet today: Gene Simmons calls...
- Anthony Bourdain heads to Israel/Palestine (28)
- Annie Robbins: yeah, i’m a total believer.
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell (23)
- Les: Now you are required to be a 100% zionist. 99.4% no longer makes the grade.
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Jack Ross
- Max Blumenthal
- Anees of Jerusalem
- David Bromwich
- Susie Kneedler
Author Archives: Roqayah Chamseddine
The blood has not yet dried on the streets of Boston after a horrific attack which left three dead and dozens injured, yet the question for many now is not the identity of the perpetrator but how long his beard is. The local authorities have not identified any suspects yet a plethora of minds have clearly been made up as to who committed this abhorrent act; the hashtag #Muslims went on to trend for hours alongside #MuslimsDidIt.
I loathe the premise that people of colour should be ‘grateful’ that others are taking notice of their subjugation, or that they should bite their tongues and clench their fists and instead show gratitude because their varied plights are being in some way ‘acknowledged‘ by others.
I did not identify as a feminist long ago, in fact I would squirm, roll my eyes, groan and shoo away any mention of feminism with a simple wave of my hand. Feminism was a word I detested, that I … Continue reading
Five drone-themed Valentine’s Day cards.
‘Rocks For Palestine’, is a poem creatively drawn out in Arabic calligraphy by Everitte Barbee.
After 9/11 IHOP told a model manager, Hussein ‘Joseph’ Chamseddine, to ‘lay low’ on the job because he is Muslim. Then in 2010 it fired him and three others
‘In your eyes, I’m a terrorist’ but you killed and maimed 100s of 1000s of Muslims — Mehanna, on sentencing
Tarek Mehanna is sentenced to 17-1/2 years in Massachusetts as an alleged terrorist, targeted because he had questioned American policy in the Middle East
Survivors of the massacre in Kandahar say that more than one American was involved
In my native Lebanon, where I volunteered last winter in a number of Palestinian refugees camps such as Burj el Barajne, I saw first hand the immense level of deprivation Palestinians face as refugees in Lebanon, where they are prevented from the right to work, from joining any Lebanese trade unions, from owning property and even denied social security.
Orwellian-style agitprop from James Joyner in The Atlantic on the Haditha massacre where 24 unarmed Iraqi men, women and children were killed by a group of United States Marines in 2005.
On the 10th anniversary of the US military prison at Guantánamo Bay, in commemoration of all the prisoners who have suffered, we invite you to listen to former detainee Qari Mohemmed Saad Iqbal Madani. Without having being charged nor having … Continue reading
Notes on Obama’s expanding drone war
45-year-long military occupation has made normal life impossible for Palestinians who depend on Christmas travel to Jerusalem and Bethlehem
For Iraqis, the suffering is endless and the consequences of occupation have only just begun. America left a ruined country.
I am the product of a southern melody; a composite sketch drawn on sheets of both destruction and resurrection, of rage and recovery. The bloody fragments of Sabra and Shatila played out a bold symphony throughout my life, with the … Continue reading
As of late, watching US-based media awkwardly follow the uprising in Egypt has become nothing more than a maddening task; I have learned more in respect to the apathy of Washington than the alleged “chaos” in Egypt. I have watched … Continue reading
[Editor's note: Today is Al-Quds Day, an international day of solidarity with the Palestinian people that is held annually on the last Friday of Ramadan.] Al Quds – Jerusalem: The city of martyrs; the occupied city. A city painted a … Continue reading
The Lebanese Parliament on Tuesday approved a law permitting Palestinians residing in Lebanon the same work opportunities as foreigners; the proposal amending the Lebanese Labor Law will grant Palestinian refugees in Lebanon the right to free-of-charge work permits and severance … Continue reading