- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 0
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 0
- Jim asks the wrong question 2
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 0
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 3
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 4
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 8
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 227
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 148
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 121
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 102
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 72
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 15 mins ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 21 mins ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 22 mins ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 22 mins ago
- RT @abubanda: this non-apology will self-destruct in 30 seconds, 28 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Jim asks the wrong question (2)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (53)
- David Samel: SQ, that’s an excellent point that should be made more often.
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (3)
- David Samel: My condolences on your loss. I’m sure your dad was very proud of your accomplishments.
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (8)
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings (10)
- Sherri Munnerlyn: I was looking at the child fatalaties since September of 2000. Israel has killed 1519 Palestinian...
- seafoid: Imagine the nyt covering a 36 pager by the klan saying rodney king was never beaten and it was all a black...
- ritzl: Israel is a freaking country-wide “Milgram” experiment. They can hear the screams, but keep...
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations (4)
- ritzl: Satirical success! Good one.
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Features
‘a judicial farce that only happens in Israel’: Israeli magistrate court sentences Samer Issawi to 8 months, but military court may imprison him indefinitely
Prisoners / Hunger strikers / Court actions Samer Issawi sentenced to 8 months in prison BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 21 Feb — An Israeli court on Thursday sentenced hunger-striker Samer Issawi to eight months in prison, but he has yet to face … Continue reading
Prisoners / Hunger strikers / Court actions Israeli court refuses to release Al-Eesawy, on 210th day of hunger strike IMEMC 19 Feb — On Tuesday February 19, head of the Legal Unit of the Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS), Lawyer Jawad … Continue reading
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights concerned for Palestinian hunger strikers and speaks out against Israeli administrative detention
Prisoners / Hunger strikers / Court actions Jailed Palestinian hunger striker faces death Al Jazeera 13 Feb by Renee Lewis — Family and friends of Samer Issawi, on hunger strike for more than 200 days in Israeli jail, say he … Continue reading
In 2011, the board of New York’s LGBT Center instituted a ban on all Palestine-related organizing at the center at the urging of Zionist funders like Michael Lucas. One year ago, queer activists and allies occupied the lobby of the center to protest this ban. Two organizers from the organization FIERCE perfomed an amazing spoken word piece at the demonstration that I felt beautifully, elegantly tied together the disparate struggles of anti-apartheid activists and those fighting for freedom for all people here in NYC. I asked if I could turn that piece into a comic, which I have been slowly working on since then.
Israel arrests six, including two journalists, as activists attempt to build new protest encampment near Hebron
LA Times: Israeli soldiers and border guards Saturday removed tents Palestinians had set up in an area south of Hebron, in the south of the West Bank, to protest Israeli plans to take over the land. The tent village named Canaan is the fifth that activists have set up in the last month on land they fear Israel intends to seize to build settlements.
Just other day in the oPt: Israeli forces invade and terrorize Palestinian towns from Jenin to Hebron
Violence / Raids / Illegal arrests / Clashes But this sort of thing happens all the time – are they trying to make it seem unusual? WATCH: Soldiers ‘punish’ Palestinian village Ynet 7 Feb — An IDF force operating near … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Threats to non-Jewish sites Israeli bulldozers demolish residential shed north of Jerusalem JERUSALEM (WAFA) 5 Feb –Bulldozers of the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem demolished on Tuesday a residential shed in … Continue reading
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
Israeli soccer club’s fans object to Muslim players JERUSALEM (Reuters) 27 Jan — An Israeli soccer club notorious for the anti-Arab chants of its fans plans to recruit two Muslim players, fueling protests in the stands that a senior cabinet … Continue reading
Trend of unprovoked killing by Israeli military in the West Bank continues — Lubna Hanash, 22, dies after being shot in the head near Bethlehem
Sky News: Israel’s military has called for an immediate review of its terms of engagement after a spate of fatal shootings provoked violent clashes in the West Bank.
Report: Israel plans to complete wall around E1 TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 21 Jan — Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak plans to finish building the separation wall around planned Israeli settlement zone E1 which cuts off the West Bank from … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Threats to Islamic sites Report: Israel approves 198 new settlement homes TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 16 Jan — Israel’s housing ministry released government tenders for the construction of 198 … Continue reading
Gaza Official: Israeli forces kill man, wound another in Gaza GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 11 Jan — Israeli forces fired at the northern Gaza Strip on Friday, killing one man and injuring another, medics said. Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra … Continue reading
It’s not just in the occupied territories — Palestinians fear efforts to ‘Judaize’ Israeli city of Lod
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Lod’s Arab residents fear influx of Jewish settlers will drive them out Haaretz 7 Jan by Gideon Levy & Alex Levac — Many Arab residents of this mixed … Continue reading
In 1989, Michael Lynk left his job as a lawyer and joined UNRWA to serve as a refugee affairs officer in Jerusalem. Here he describes experiencing the intifada in the Balata, Askar and Am’ari refugee camps. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Catherine Baker from the The Palestine Poster Project Archives introduces a selection of twelve posters from around the first year of the Intifada that provide a representative history of that watershed event. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Palestinian owners barred from Jordan Valley land while Israeli farmers profit Haaretz 3 Jan — Thai workers from the Israeli settlements are allowed across the border fence into the area, while the Palestinians are not; IDF spokesman also refuses to … Continue reading
Omar Dajani writes about being a college student in the U.S. during the first intifada, “the transformations it effected were no less personal than political. For many of us who had never visited the Holy Land, the intifada brought Palestine home. It was our introduction, our initiation, our gateway to an addiction that I suspect few of us have managed to kick.” This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Israel orders families in Jordan Valley to leave homes JORDAN VALLEY (WAFA) 31 Dec – The Israeli military ordered more than 1000 Palestinians living in the Jordan Valley to leave their homes for 48 hours to allow the army to … Continue reading
A year end thank you from Mondoweiss.
Ahmed Moor shares memories of growing up in Gaza during the first intifada and what that struggle means for the Palestinians today. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Mariam C. Said remembers the beginning of the first intifada and what it meant to her and her late husband Edward Said. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
‘For the first time in decades, Israel has a new university’ — Netanyahu following decision to upgrade Ariel settlement campus
Israel ‘approves 1,200 housing units’ in Gilo TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 25 Dec — Israel’s interior ministry has decided to allow the construction of 1,200 settlement units in the Gilo area in the Bethlehem district, Israeli media reported Tuesday. Israel’s … Continue reading
Christmas and Christians in the Holy Land PLO releases Bethlehem Christmas video BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 22 Dec — The PLO’s negotiations affairs department and Palestinian Government Media Center released a video on Saturday about the realities of Bethlehem ahead of Christmas. … Continue reading
Prisoners Report: 4600 prisoners in Israeli jails, including 182 children, 184 administrative detainees PNN — On Wednesday 19th December, a report prepared by Palestinian researcher in the field of prisoners’ affairs, Abdul Nasser Farawna, revealed that Israeli authorities detain 4600 … Continue reading