- American Studies Association endorses academic boycott of Israel 0
- ‘Globe’ readers slam paper for ignoring unfair distribution of water … 0
- Marked for destruction: Jerusalem neighborhoods brace for large wave of … 0
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ 1
- Israel approves new town in Negev– no Bedouins need apply 0
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 4
- Like the status quo? Ever wanted to stand on the … 2
- America has changed in the face of Zionism’s frozen grimace 25
- Heard any good gentile jokes lately? 0
- Why is a ‘Nation’ writer labeling Jerry Haber and Abdeen … 0
- Sleepless with Dan Snyder 0
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 0
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 0
- 12,000 Cherokee, 40,000 Bedouin — Don’t let history repeat 0
- Thousands across Palestine protest against efforts to uproot Bedouin 0
- Not just the Prawer Plan: Villages across the West Bank … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 133
- (Updated) Senator Chuck Schumer promises more Iran sanctions, vows to … 129
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 69
- The false analogy of Syria and Palestine 67
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- “The Council voted for an academic boycott of Israeli institutions as ethical stance . . .material & symbolic action" http://t.co/oQGQuISdiN, 1 min ago
- BREAKING: American Studies Association endorses academic boycott of Israel http://t.co/oQGQuISdiN, 5 mins ago
- RT @lahoare: Heh. RT @Mondoweiss Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive copy of Max Blumenthal's Goliath http://t.co/FZihXwrG0Q, 20 mins ago
- Exact # families affected by new J'lem demolition notices is unclear, bt estimates say 15,000 homes cld be demolished http://t.co/um9gjATdsI, 23 mins ago
- Residents of 2 neighborhoods in E. Jerusalem are bracing for largest wave of home demolitions ever proposed by Israel http://t.co/um9gjATdsI, 28 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex (4)
- Walid: Marco, what do I care about his religion or his sexual preferences or politics. I listened to the guy’s...
- Marco: Sure it makes him less great *as a person* not as a composer. It suggests that either he was morally...
- Walid: Bernstein was a great musician; what else do you want of the guy? So he loved Israel, but this didn’t...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (1)
- jenin: I have mixed feelings about this. I haven’t read the book (it seems rather a waste of time) but...
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of Jews (69)
- Walid: Thanks for that part of the story, Shmuel. Since some of the Sepharadi made their way to the east (from where...
- Like the status quo? Ever wanted to stand on the front line against human rights? Apply here! (2)
- America has changed in the face of Zionism’s frozen grimace (25)
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond Tree’ was to shine a light on Palestinian suffering and help bring about peace (133)
- W.Jones: Hi LeaNder, It was interesting reading that you now realize you were a Hasbara person. It must be a relief,...
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex (4)
Category Archives: Features
Gaza Witnesses: Israeli navy fires at Gaza fishing boats GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 20 Aug — Israel’s navy opened fire at Palestinian fishermen off the northern coast of Gaza on Tuesday, witnesses said. Israeli ships fired several shells at the boats, … Continue reading
‘A provocation against the Palestinians, the Americans and the whole world’: Israel approves yet another 942 settlement homes before talks get underway
AFP: Jerusalem’s municipality has approved 942 new settlement units for occupied East Jerusalem, a local official said Tuesday, on the eve of the scheduled resumption of peace talks with the Palestinians. The units are in addition to the more than 1,000 settlement homes approved by Israel on Sunday, in a move that has angered the Palestinians and drawn fire from the international community.
Israel announces contribution to peace talks – over 1,100 new settler homes in the occupied territories
Israel invites bids to build 1,000 settler homes JERUSALEM (AFP) 11 Aug — Israel is inviting bids to build over 1,000 settler homes in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, the housing ministry said on Sunday, ahead of peace talks … Continue reading
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization Record number of settlements included in national priority list Ynet 4 Aug by Itamar Fleishman – The government on Sunday approved the new national priority list. A record number of … Continue reading
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
On eve of talks, two-thirds of Palestinians in occupied territories say they don’t trust US as honest broker
According to a Gallup poll conducted in June, 75% of Palestinians living in the occupied territories doubt the United States is serious about ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and two-thirds don’t trust the U.S. as an honest broker to run the talks. Above, Palestinian Authority police break up a demonstration yesterday against the talks in Ramallah.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Restriction of movement Israel starts construction on road linking settlements NABLUS (Ma‘an) 13 July — Israeli authorities have begun construction work on a West Bank road which will link … Continue reading
Video: Al-Quds / Jerusalem, Christian Ramadan drummer PressTV — Only in Palestine: The ‘Mesaharaty’ [لمسحراتي] gets Muslims up for the sahour meal before fajr prayer, to eat and prepare themselves to fast. Micheal Ayoub acts as the Ramadan drummer, without … Continue reading
Israel arrested 170 Jerusalemite children since the start of the year OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (PIC) 9 July — A Palestinian human rights activist accused the occupation authorities of targeting Jerusalemite children as they have arrested since the beginning of the year … Continue reading
Israel: Stop judicial ‘bullying’ of Palestinian activists Amnesty International 4 July — Amnesty International has accused the Israeli authorities of bullying and judicial harassment of Nariman Tamimi, a Palestinian rights activist who was placed under partial house arrest today to … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Restriction of movement Maximum land with minimum Palestinians — the annexation of Area C Palestine Chronicle 29 June by Sam Gilbert — Early this month Israeli human rights organization … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement ‘We will not give up; to give up is to die” – Susiya resists mass demolition orders Susiya (ISM) 27 June by Khalil Team — Today, June 27, … Continue reading
‘The people will meet the bulldozers with their bodies’: Plan to forcibly resettle 20,000-30,000 Bedouin passes first Knesset vote
Land, property, resources theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Bedouin relocation plan wins slim Knesset majority after stormy 1st reading Haaretz 24 June by Yanir Yagna and Jonathan Lis — Plan which would see 20,000-30,000 Bedouin … Continue reading
Report: ‘Tel Aviv University received finances from settler group’ IMEMC 14 June — [Thursday June 13 2013] The Arabs48 News Website has reported that the Tel Aviv University is cooperating with right wing settler groups involved in excavations in Silwan … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Restriction on movement PA: Israel forging documents for settlement construction NABLUS (Ma‘an) 9 June — Israeli construction companies have been forging documents to transfer land to Israel for the … Continue reading
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Videos: Five years of struggle against the Israeli segregation wall in Ni‘lin Ni‘lin Village 3 June — This Friday was the anniversary of start of the popular struggle against the annexation wall in Ni‘lin. The village now enters a sixth year … Continue reading
Gaza 2013: Snapshot [with infographics] Gaza Gateway 2 June Gisha — Discourse about Gaza tends toward the extremes. If on one end of the spectrum you hear that Gaza is nothing but an “open-air prison”, others will claim that “there … Continue reading
Data shows that Palestinians now own just 8 per cent of historic Palestine MEMO 28 May — New data published by the Lands Research Centre (LRC) shows that Palestinians own only eight per cent of historic Palestine. The LRC is … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel constructed 16,000 settlement units over the past 3 years MEMO 22 May — Saeb Erekat, member of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO) Executive Committee, stated that the Israeli government “Continues to … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement UNESCO visit to Jerusalem canceled by Israel Times of Israel 20 May by Gavriel Fiske — Palestinian ‘politicization’ of UN mission cited as reason for decision to block … Continue reading
Palestinian youths make their way into Jerusalem through Israel’s apartheid wall OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (PIC) 18 May — A group of Palestinian young men was able on Friday evening to knock down part of Israel’s segregation wall near Abu Dis town … Continue reading
UNESCO to send fact-finding commission to Jerusalem RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 16 May – UNESCO will send a fact-finding commission on May 20 to investigate ongoing Israeli measures in Jerusalem, the Palestinian minister of foreign affairs said Thursday. Riyad al-Malki told a … Continue reading