- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 1
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 5
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 7
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 14
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 3
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 35
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 49
- Resurrecting Passover? 27
- Passover for Palestine 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 180
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 39 mins ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 40 mins ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 2 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 2 hours ago
- When religion has to take the history challenge only fragments survive http://t.co/1mDwWkeMlS, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (5)
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (35)
- just: Thanks Kay24. By the way, it’s against Jewish halachic law to destroy these trees…….. from...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (3)
- libra: Professor Ellis: Imagine a Christian liturgical reading from Auschwitz on Easter Sunday. Let’s call it a...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (7)
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (1)
- adele: Ha ha, Buckley. Bad childhood memories, horrifying man. I first saw Buckley on tv as a kid, right around the...
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t (49)
- pabelmont: Kathleen — thanks for Juan Cole’s essay, a lovely essay and photos. There was indeed a...
Category Archives: Features
Report: Netanyahu cancels plan for 20,000 new settlement units to avoid ‘unnecessary confrontation with the international community’ as Israel works to influence deal with Iran
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing New Peace Now/APN report: Bibi’s settlements boom — March-November 2013 UPDATE 12 Nov by Lara Friedman — Settlement boom even bigger than was known – …Over the past 8 months, tenders have been … Continue reading
Israel’s military advocate: IDF training inside Palestinian villages is legal Haaretz 3 Nov by Gili Cohen — There is no legal barrier to Israel Defense Forces training inside Palestinian villages in the West Bank, according to a document prepared by the IDF‘s Military Advocate … Continue reading
Prisoner release In pictures: Jubilant scenes as Israel releases 26 Palestinian prisoners The Telegraph 30 Oct — A group of 21 prisoners from the West Bank left Ofer prison, near Jerusalem, shortly after 1:00 am (2300 GMT) and the other … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israel to issue tenders for new settlement units IMEMC 25 Oct — Israeli sources have reported that the Israeli Housing Ministry is planning to issue tenders for the construction of … Continue reading
Palestinian cameraman shot in the head by Israeli soldier while covering military operation near Bil’in
Video: The martyr Mohammed Assi 22 Oct by Haitham Khatib — He was killed on the land of Bil‘in after being wanted for a year. His body was confiscated by the Israeli army despite the villagers’ attempt to claim it. … Continue reading
The Olive Harvest PHOTOS: Settlers attack Palestinian olive pickers, damage trees 972mag 20 Oct by Michael Omer-Man — Palestinian olive growers and their trees were attacked across the northern West Bank on Sunday, resulting in at least four injuries and … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israeli rightists raise flag in Aqsa compound BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 14 Oct — A group of Israeli right-wingers raised the Israeli flag while touring the Al-Aqsa mosque compound on Monday, locals … Continue reading
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Silence of the lambs: A Palestinian hamlet on the brink of destruction Haaretz 11 Oct by Gideon Levy & Daniel Bar-On — The lambs due to be born soon in the village … Continue reading
Israel expands ‘Trans-Samaria’ Highway connecting Tel Aviv to Jordan Valley, steals land from Palestinian villages in the process
compiled by Shadi Fadda Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Sarta villagers resist Brokhen settlers destruction of their land The aim behind the construction of the new road near the Jewish Colony of “Brokheen” and expanding it … Continue reading
Compiled, in Kate’s temporary absence, by Shadi Fadda of the Int’l Univ. of Sarajevo, who founded the Today in Palestine newslist back in 2002. Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel increases rate of home demolitions as … Continue reading
Al-Aqsa VIDEO: Palestinians protest against the Judaization of Jerusalem and al-Aqsa Silwanic.net Wadi Hilweh Information Center 24 September http://silwanic.net/?p=42319 Details: the arrest of 15 Jerusalemites and injury of 40 others while condemnation of trying to Judaize Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Silwan, … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization of Islamic sites Jews challenge rules to claim heart of Jerusalem JERUSALEM (New York Times) 21 Sept by Jodi Rudoren — Small groups of Jews are increasingly ascending the Temple … Continue reading
Jerusalem Post: Settlement population now represents 4.2% of overall population, according to CBS — The growth rate of the settler population in 2012 was five percent, which means that the number of Israelis in the West Bank increased at a pace almost three times as fast as the nation’s 1.9 percent growth rate last year, according to numbers released Monday by the Central Bureau of Statistics.
Gaza under blockade Egyptian navy attacks fishermen in Palestinian waters GAZA (PIC) 15 Sept — The Egyptian naval forces opened fire on Saturday evening at Palestinian fishermen and physically assaulted two of them during an incursion into the territorial waters … Continue reading
Israeli Supreme Court defers decision on ‘Absentee Property Law’ in East Jerusalem, concerned about opening ‘Pandora’s box’
Absentee Property Law in East Jerudalem | | Israeli court may suspend law used to take over Palestinian land in Jerusalem Haaretz 11 Sept by Nir Hasson — Supreme Court justices indicated on Tuesday they want to stop invoking the … Continue reading
Israeli court to decide whether govt can seize Palestinian land in East Jerusalem using ‘Absentees’ Property Law’
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization Israel court to rule on controversial property law BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 10 Sept — Israel’s high court on Tuesday will discuss whether to apply a controversial law in East Jerusalem which … Continue reading
US urges EU to postpone Israel settlement ban Al Jazeera 8 Sept — US Secretary of State John Kerry has urged the European Union to postpone a planned ban on EU financial assistance to Israeli organisations in the occupied Palestinian … Continue reading
Holland’s largest engineering firm pulls out of East Jerusalem project over international law concerns
(Haaretz) Dutch infrastructure giant Royal HaskoningDHV announced Friday that it has decided to withdraw from a project it planned with the Jerusalem municipality because it will be built over the Green Line.
Ma’an: Israeli authorities will close the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron to Palestinian worshipers during the Jewish new year, a Palestinian official said Monday.
Later this afternoon we’re unveiling a new donation campaign. We want $5– at least– from every regular reader to help keep this site going. If you’re a visitor, welcome– please check us out. But if you’re someone who’s come to rely on the information and opinion at this site, we need your support, and urgently.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Negev activist: Prison better than displacement BEERSHEBA (Ma‘an) 27 Aug — A prominent activist in the Negev village of al-Araqib said Tuesday that he would rather stay in prison than be displaced from his village. Sayah al-Touri was arrested on … Continue reading
Gaza Witnesses: Israeli navy fires at Gaza fishing boats GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 20 Aug — Israel’s navy opened fire at Palestinian fishermen off the northern coast of Gaza on Tuesday, witnesses said. Israeli ships fired several shells at the boats, … Continue reading
‘A provocation against the Palestinians, the Americans and the whole world’: Israel approves yet another 942 settlement homes before talks get underway
AFP: Jerusalem’s municipality has approved 942 new settlement units for occupied East Jerusalem, a local official said Tuesday, on the eve of the scheduled resumption of peace talks with the Palestinians. The units are in addition to the more than 1,000 settlement homes approved by Israel on Sunday, in a move that has angered the Palestinians and drawn fire from the international community.