- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in … 2
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 6
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 25
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to … 28
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 15
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 62
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate 65
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel 5
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 0
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 137
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 89
- RT @allissonCD: Pictures of Saji Darwish, 18, killed yesterday near #Ramallah for throwing rocks--killed for being Palestinian. http://t.co/7GSgGvrLEg, 1 hour ago
- RT @allissonCD: Funeral of Saji Darwish in #Beitin near #Ramallah killed by Israeli forces yesterday. http://t.co/7Smbg5HTQR, 1 hour ago
- RT @allissonCD: Another pic from Saji Darwish funeral in #Beitin near #Ramallah TODAY http://t.co/aTljrsMQHM, 1 hour ago
- RT @allissonCD: Lots of Bir Zeit students at Saji Darwish's funeral. He was in his first year of college studying advertising. #Beitin #Ramallah, 1 hour ago
- RT @AliAbunimah: US now punishing wife and children of Holy Land Five's Ghassan Elashi with wage seizure http://t.co/VXRVBGXscS via @intifada, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israel is now attempting to ‘de-Arabize’ Palestinian Christians, but in the 1950s it was Jews from the Middle East (2)
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel (5)
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (88)
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (65)
- Ellen: JewEgg, while Judaism has been around for a very long time (but not as long as a few other religions)...
- Water service restored to thousands of Palestinians in East Jerusalem after three-day outage (1)
- just: An amazing compilation– many thanks Kate!
- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at Ohio State) (6)
- Kathleen: Susie thank you so much for sharing. What a great group and effective strategy. Visual with important...
Category Archives: Features
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Silence of the lambs: A Palestinian hamlet on the brink of destruction Haaretz 11 Oct by Gideon Levy & Daniel Bar-On — The lambs due to be born soon in the village … Continue reading
Israel expands ‘Trans-Samaria’ Highway connecting Tel Aviv to Jordan Valley, steals land from Palestinian villages in the process
compiled by Shadi Fadda Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Sarta villagers resist Brokhen settlers destruction of their land The aim behind the construction of the new road near the Jewish Colony of “Brokheen” and expanding it … Continue reading
Compiled, in Kate’s temporary absence, by Shadi Fadda of the Int’l Univ. of Sarajevo, who founded the Today in Palestine newslist back in 2002. Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel increases rate of home demolitions as … Continue reading
Al-Aqsa VIDEO: Palestinians protest against the Judaization of Jerusalem and al-Aqsa Silwanic.net Wadi Hilweh Information Center 24 September http://silwanic.net/?p=42319 Details: the arrest of 15 Jerusalemites and injury of 40 others while condemnation of trying to Judaize Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Silwan, … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization of Islamic sites Jews challenge rules to claim heart of Jerusalem JERUSALEM (New York Times) 21 Sept by Jodi Rudoren — Small groups of Jews are increasingly ascending the Temple … Continue reading
Jerusalem Post: Settlement population now represents 4.2% of overall population, according to CBS — The growth rate of the settler population in 2012 was five percent, which means that the number of Israelis in the West Bank increased at a pace almost three times as fast as the nation’s 1.9 percent growth rate last year, according to numbers released Monday by the Central Bureau of Statistics.
Gaza under blockade Egyptian navy attacks fishermen in Palestinian waters GAZA (PIC) 15 Sept — The Egyptian naval forces opened fire on Saturday evening at Palestinian fishermen and physically assaulted two of them during an incursion into the territorial waters … Continue reading
Israeli Supreme Court defers decision on ‘Absentee Property Law’ in East Jerusalem, concerned about opening ‘Pandora’s box’
Absentee Property Law in East Jerudalem | | Israeli court may suspend law used to take over Palestinian land in Jerusalem Haaretz 11 Sept by Nir Hasson — Supreme Court justices indicated on Tuesday they want to stop invoking the … Continue reading
Israeli court to decide whether govt can seize Palestinian land in East Jerusalem using ‘Absentees’ Property Law’
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization Israel court to rule on controversial property law BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 10 Sept — Israel’s high court on Tuesday will discuss whether to apply a controversial law in East Jerusalem which … Continue reading
US urges EU to postpone Israel settlement ban Al Jazeera 8 Sept — US Secretary of State John Kerry has urged the European Union to postpone a planned ban on EU financial assistance to Israeli organisations in the occupied Palestinian … Continue reading
Holland’s largest engineering firm pulls out of East Jerusalem project over international law concerns
(Haaretz) Dutch infrastructure giant Royal HaskoningDHV announced Friday that it has decided to withdraw from a project it planned with the Jerusalem municipality because it will be built over the Green Line.
Ma’an: Israeli authorities will close the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron to Palestinian worshipers during the Jewish new year, a Palestinian official said Monday.
Later this afternoon we’re unveiling a new donation campaign. We want $5– at least– from every regular reader to help keep this site going. If you’re a visitor, welcome– please check us out. But if you’re someone who’s come to rely on the information and opinion at this site, we need your support, and urgently.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Negev activist: Prison better than displacement BEERSHEBA (Ma‘an) 27 Aug — A prominent activist in the Negev village of al-Araqib said Tuesday that he would rather stay in prison than be displaced from his village. Sayah al-Touri was arrested on … Continue reading
Gaza Witnesses: Israeli navy fires at Gaza fishing boats GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 20 Aug — Israel’s navy opened fire at Palestinian fishermen off the northern coast of Gaza on Tuesday, witnesses said. Israeli ships fired several shells at the boats, … Continue reading
‘A provocation against the Palestinians, the Americans and the whole world’: Israel approves yet another 942 settlement homes before talks get underway
AFP: Jerusalem’s municipality has approved 942 new settlement units for occupied East Jerusalem, a local official said Tuesday, on the eve of the scheduled resumption of peace talks with the Palestinians. The units are in addition to the more than 1,000 settlement homes approved by Israel on Sunday, in a move that has angered the Palestinians and drawn fire from the international community.
Israel announces contribution to peace talks – over 1,100 new settler homes in the occupied territories
Israel invites bids to build 1,000 settler homes JERUSALEM (AFP) 11 Aug — Israel is inviting bids to build over 1,000 settler homes in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, the housing ministry said on Sunday, ahead of peace talks … Continue reading
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Judaization Record number of settlements included in national priority list Ynet 4 Aug by Itamar Fleishman – The government on Sunday approved the new national priority list. A record number of … Continue reading
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
On eve of talks, two-thirds of Palestinians in occupied territories say they don’t trust US as honest broker
According to a Gallup poll conducted in June, 75% of Palestinians living in the occupied territories doubt the United States is serious about ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and two-thirds don’t trust the U.S. as an honest broker to run the talks. Above, Palestinian Authority police break up a demonstration yesterday against the talks in Ramallah.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Restriction of movement Israel starts construction on road linking settlements NABLUS (Ma‘an) 13 July — Israeli authorities have begun construction work on a West Bank road which will link … Continue reading