- ‘No food, no water to revive awaiting certain death…’: Horrifying … 17
- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 14
- 9 Reasons why Israel is under rocket attack 15
- It’s time for liberal Jewish bodies to take a stand 29
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association and the African Literature Association endorse … 1
- Palestinians build tunnel to attack Israeli kindergarten, Netanyahu says 33
- Speaking to the Deaf: Activists attempt to talk with the … 2
- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 62
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 130
- RT @tomgara: Smart take. http://t.co/ZWIhXCKZaX, 34 mins ago
- RT @Remroum: Madonna: These flowers are like the innocent children of GAZA! Who has a right to destroy them? No One!!! CEASE FIRE! http://t.co/9nKkAhDW9p, 34 mins ago
- RT @newtgingrich: Obama today handed Hamas its greatest victory by cutting off American aircraft from Israel.Most hostile anti-Israeli act in countrys history, 35 mins ago
- RT @MMVickery: “The Israelis are using a wide variety of sophisticated modern weapons against a basically naked civilian population" - Mads Gilbert #Gaza, 38 mins ago
- RT @RobertMackey: @JeffreyGoldberg I wish I never had to, but thanks for the constant guidance on what I should write about to make you happy., 38 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Category Archives: Features
Bulldozers extend the separation wall deep into East Jerusalem, to wall off a settler building near the proposed Palestinian capital, Abu Dis
Netanyahu government continues colonization of Sheikh Jarrah with plans for Jewish seminary and high rise in the Palestinian neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 2 Feb — Palestinian and international activists at the Ein Hajla protest encampment in the Jordan Valley repulsed three attempts by Israeli forces to enter the village overnight, while nine activists from Jerusalem were detained trying to reach the area.
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 1 Feb — A lawyer for the Palestinian Authority ministry of prisoners’ affairs Tariq Barghouth alleged on Saturday that Israeli forces launched attack dogs on two Palestinian youths after shooting them multiple times on Thursday night at a checkpoint near Jerusalem. Adam Abd al-Rouf Jamous, 17, and Jawhar Nasser al-Din Halbieh, 19, were mauled by police dogs after Israeli forces opened fire on them without warning near al-Zayyem checkpoint near Abu Dis east of Jerusalem on January 30, Barghouth said.
IMEMC Thursday evening 30 Jan by Chris Carlson — The Israeli army demolished, on Thursday, at least 50 structures, including residences, displacing 13 families in the northern Jordan Valley, as a result, according to a local official.
Supreme Court okays highway bisecting Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem Haaretz 26 Jan by Nir Hasson — The Supreme Court rejected on Sunday an appeal against the construction of a multilane highway that would cut in half an Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem. The Jerusalem municipality … Continue reading
B’Tselem press release 8 Jan — Military appears to have served as security entourage for Hilltop Youth
As John Kerry flies on to Saudi Arabia, bulldozers remove trees in Hebron to prepare the ground for another Jewish colony in occupied territory
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
GAZA CITY (AFP) 25 Dec — A three-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip after the fatal shooting Tuesday of an Israeli near the Gaza border, in the latest uptick in Israeli-Palestinian violence.
Haaretz 23 Dec by Amira Hass — A High Court of Justice panel has asked farmers from the West Bank village of Yatta to withdraw a petition against settlers who allegedly seized their lands – despite the state’s admission that the Palestinians proved their legal attachment to the land.
GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 15 Dec — Israeli authorities started to pump industrial diesel donated by Qatar into the Gaza Strip on Sunday morning, a Gaza official told Ma‘an. The move is part of a temporary agreement to ease the blockade following days of record flooding that has devastated large swathes of the besieged coastal enclave.
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 8 Dec — Thousands of mourners turned out on Sunday for the burial of Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, a 14-year-old Palestinian boy who was shot dead by Israeli forces near al-Jalazun refugee camp while he was walking home from school on Saturday. His father described the killing as an “assassination” and “cold-blooded murder.”
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 6 Dec — Dozens of Palestinians were injured and one detained as Israeli forces opened fire to disperse protests against the Israeli occupation and commemorating Nelson Mandela’s death across the West Bank on Friday afternoon.
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Not just the Prawer Plan: Villages across the West Bank face ‘unrelenting assault’ from Israeli military
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Israeli army demolish a house in the Salfit village of Deir Ballut [includes map, photo] DEIR BALLUT, Occupied Palestine (ISM Nablus Team) 29 Nov — On Thursday morning … Continue reading
Report: Netanyahu cancels plan for 20,000 new settlement units to avoid ‘unnecessary confrontation with the international community’ as Israel works to influence deal with Iran
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing New Peace Now/APN report: Bibi’s settlements boom — March-November 2013 UPDATE 12 Nov by Lara Friedman — Settlement boom even bigger than was known – …Over the past 8 months, tenders have been … Continue reading
Israel’s military advocate: IDF training inside Palestinian villages is legal Haaretz 3 Nov by Gili Cohen — There is no legal barrier to Israel Defense Forces training inside Palestinian villages in the West Bank, according to a document prepared by the IDF‘s Military Advocate … Continue reading
Prisoner release In pictures: Jubilant scenes as Israel releases 26 Palestinian prisoners The Telegraph 30 Oct — A group of 21 prisoners from the West Bank left Ofer prison, near Jerusalem, shortly after 1:00 am (2300 GMT) and the other … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israel to issue tenders for new settlement units IMEMC 25 Oct — Israeli sources have reported that the Israeli Housing Ministry is planning to issue tenders for the construction of … Continue reading
Palestinian cameraman shot in the head by Israeli soldier while covering military operation near Bil’in
Video: The martyr Mohammed Assi 22 Oct by Haitham Khatib — He was killed on the land of Bil‘in after being wanted for a year. His body was confiscated by the Israeli army despite the villagers’ attempt to claim it. … Continue reading
The Olive Harvest PHOTOS: Settlers attack Palestinian olive pickers, damage trees 972mag 20 Oct by Michael Omer-Man — Palestinian olive growers and their trees were attacked across the northern West Bank on Sunday, resulting in at least four injuries and … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israeli rightists raise flag in Aqsa compound BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 14 Oct — A group of Israeli right-wingers raised the Israeli flag while touring the Al-Aqsa mosque compound on Monday, locals … Continue reading
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.