- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 13
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 17
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 51
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 52
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 93
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 23
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 12
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 113
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 90
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 87
- Thousands of Palestinians denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs water conservation pact with Netanyahu http://t.co/uST71IRFuH, 5 hours ago
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of Teaching Palestine to Americans’ http://t.co/H8rDbZSLTb, 7 hours ago
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/bfLo27JQcU, 7 hours ago
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited http://t.co/qE0TlSctRS, 10 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (93)
- Walid: “They have to import most of their food. ” seafoid, with Dutch help, they are now exporting...
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy pact with Netanyahu (13)
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (51)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (52)
- Bandolero: “They may well be in the larger boat of neo-cold-war thinking, but they hardly are the only force...
- ToivoS: This talk of Zionist running our policy in the Ukraine or having a significant influence on events there is...
- Bandolero: ivri It’s a fact that there is an influental Pro-Israel-Lobby at work in the US – and in...
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (93)
Category Archives: Today in Palestine
Bulldozers extend the separation wall deep into East Jerusalem, to wall off a settler building near the proposed Palestinian capital, Abu Dis
Netanyahu government continues colonization of Sheikh Jarrah with plans for Jewish seminary and high rise in the Palestinian neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 2 Feb — Palestinian and international activists at the Ein Hajla protest encampment in the Jordan Valley repulsed three attempts by Israeli forces to enter the village overnight, while nine activists from Jerusalem were detained trying to reach the area.
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 1 Feb — A lawyer for the Palestinian Authority ministry of prisoners’ affairs Tariq Barghouth alleged on Saturday that Israeli forces launched attack dogs on two Palestinian youths after shooting them multiple times on Thursday night at a checkpoint near Jerusalem. Adam Abd al-Rouf Jamous, 17, and Jawhar Nasser al-Din Halbieh, 19, were mauled by police dogs after Israeli forces opened fire on them without warning near al-Zayyem checkpoint near Abu Dis east of Jerusalem on January 30, Barghouth said.
IMEMC Thursday evening 30 Jan by Chris Carlson — The Israeli army demolished, on Thursday, at least 50 structures, including residences, displacing 13 families in the northern Jordan Valley, as a result, according to a local official.
Supreme Court okays highway bisecting Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem Haaretz 26 Jan by Nir Hasson — The Supreme Court rejected on Sunday an appeal against the construction of a multilane highway that would cut in half an Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem. The Jerusalem municipality … Continue reading
B’Tselem press release 8 Jan — Military appears to have served as security entourage for Hilltop Youth
As John Kerry flies on to Saudi Arabia, bulldozers remove trees in Hebron to prepare the ground for another Jewish colony in occupied territory
GAZA CITY (AFP) 25 Dec — A three-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip after the fatal shooting Tuesday of an Israeli near the Gaza border, in the latest uptick in Israeli-Palestinian violence.
Haaretz 23 Dec by Amira Hass — A High Court of Justice panel has asked farmers from the West Bank village of Yatta to withdraw a petition against settlers who allegedly seized their lands – despite the state’s admission that the Palestinians proved their legal attachment to the land.
GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 15 Dec — Israeli authorities started to pump industrial diesel donated by Qatar into the Gaza Strip on Sunday morning, a Gaza official told Ma‘an. The move is part of a temporary agreement to ease the blockade following days of record flooding that has devastated large swathes of the besieged coastal enclave.
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 8 Dec — Thousands of mourners turned out on Sunday for the burial of Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, a 14-year-old Palestinian boy who was shot dead by Israeli forces near al-Jalazun refugee camp while he was walking home from school on Saturday. His father described the killing as an “assassination” and “cold-blooded murder.”
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 6 Dec — Dozens of Palestinians were injured and one detained as Israeli forces opened fire to disperse protests against the Israeli occupation and commemorating Nelson Mandela’s death across the West Bank on Friday afternoon.
Not just the Prawer Plan: Villages across the West Bank face ‘unrelenting assault’ from Israeli military
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Israeli army demolish a house in the Salfit village of Deir Ballut [includes map, photo] DEIR BALLUT, Occupied Palestine (ISM Nablus Team) 29 Nov — On Thursday morning … Continue reading
Report: Netanyahu cancels plan for 20,000 new settlement units to avoid ‘unnecessary confrontation with the international community’ as Israel works to influence deal with Iran
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing New Peace Now/APN report: Bibi’s settlements boom — March-November 2013 UPDATE 12 Nov by Lara Friedman — Settlement boom even bigger than was known – …Over the past 8 months, tenders have been … Continue reading
Israel’s military advocate: IDF training inside Palestinian villages is legal Haaretz 3 Nov by Gili Cohen — There is no legal barrier to Israel Defense Forces training inside Palestinian villages in the West Bank, according to a document prepared by the IDF‘s Military Advocate … Continue reading
Prisoner release In pictures: Jubilant scenes as Israel releases 26 Palestinian prisoners The Telegraph 30 Oct — A group of 21 prisoners from the West Bank left Ofer prison, near Jerusalem, shortly after 1:00 am (2300 GMT) and the other … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israel to issue tenders for new settlement units IMEMC 25 Oct — Israeli sources have reported that the Israeli Housing Ministry is planning to issue tenders for the construction of … Continue reading
Palestinian cameraman shot in the head by Israeli soldier while covering military operation near Bil’in
Video: The martyr Mohammed Assi 22 Oct by Haitham Khatib — He was killed on the land of Bil‘in after being wanted for a year. His body was confiscated by the Israeli army despite the villagers’ attempt to claim it. … Continue reading
The Olive Harvest PHOTOS: Settlers attack Palestinian olive pickers, damage trees 972mag 20 Oct by Michael Omer-Man — Palestinian olive growers and their trees were attacked across the northern West Bank on Sunday, resulting in at least four injuries and … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israeli rightists raise flag in Aqsa compound BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 14 Oct — A group of Israeli right-wingers raised the Israeli flag while touring the Al-Aqsa mosque compound on Monday, locals … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Silence of the lambs: A Palestinian hamlet on the brink of destruction Haaretz 11 Oct by Gideon Levy & Daniel Bar-On — The lambs due to be born soon in the village … Continue reading
Israel expands ‘Trans-Samaria’ Highway connecting Tel Aviv to Jordan Valley, steals land from Palestinian villages in the process
compiled by Shadi Fadda Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Sarta villagers resist Brokhen settlers destruction of their land The aim behind the construction of the new road near the Jewish Colony of “Brokheen” and expanding it … Continue reading
Compiled, in Kate’s temporary absence, by Shadi Fadda of the Int’l Univ. of Sarajevo, who founded the Today in Palestine newslist back in 2002. Apartheid, Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel increases rate of home demolitions as … Continue reading
Al-Aqsa VIDEO: Palestinians protest against the Judaization of Jerusalem and al-Aqsa Silwanic.net Wadi Hilweh Information Center 24 September http://silwanic.net/?p=42319 Details: the arrest of 15 Jerusalemites and injury of 40 others while condemnation of trying to Judaize Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Silwan, … Continue reading