- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 1
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 3
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 46
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 34
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 6 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 22 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of Congress’ — Dem consultant (1)
- seafoid: Joe Nocera’s Gun Report blog is a very simple but very damning analysis of guns in the US.
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (3)
- Walid: Today, 2 fresh elements added to Marc’s Easter paralleling, the Sacrament of Penance and the...
- MHughes976: Marc is quoting Mr. Raushenbusch of Huffington Post and satirising the ‘Pastor Facebooks’...
- pabelmont: Jesus crucified by “the Jews”? By “The Jews”? Come on! But, of course, shorthand...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (41)
- MHughes976: I’d recommend an article by Keith Gessen in the current London Review of Books which reports from...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (52)
- MHughes976: The reference to destruction because of the symbolic status of the thing destroyed seems quite...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (34)
- adele: Am I sponsoring slave work if I do order there? I stopped buying from amazon after I became aware of how...
- LeaNder: He may slip it in as part of the structure for the new Amazon “drone” program;-) That’s the problem I...
- Hostage: For whatever reason I seem to have this vague memory, that all correspondence for foreign media on the...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (12)
- MHughes976: I would point out to Marc that the Tanakh covers 3-4,000 years, from Adam to Cyrus and beyond, so that...
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of Congress’ — Dem consultant (1)
Category Archives: Today in Palestine
Ma‘an: A group of Christians from East Jerusalem on Sunday said that Israel’s restrictions on Palestinian mobility resulted in violations of religious freedoms. The statement, signed “Palestinian Christian Organizations in Occupied East Jerusalem,” complained that Christians are often denied access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during the Easter holidays. Each Easter, checkpoints are erected “at the Gates and in the alley, thus preventing the worshipers from free access to the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the vicinity of the Christian Quarter.”
Haaretz reports the Israel Lands Authority published tenders for land to build some 3,050 residential units in the first quarter of 2014, but only 45 units are in the center of the country and 55% are in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Activists shut down Israeli checkpoint in response to Jenin killings while militants promise ‘painful’ retaliation
Ma‘an reports that activists from the peaceful popular resistance movement on Saturday shut down the Beit El checkpoint north of Ramallah in protest against the killing of three Palestinians by Israeli forces in Jenin earlier in the day.
AFP reports that Israel has progressed with plans for more than 2,000 new homes in six West Bank settlements in a move likely to further endanger peace talks.
From Haaretz: Security services cite current situation in the Gaza Strip, including the rise of Islamic Jihad and Hamas’ governance, as reasons to extend law — …The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law, which is worded as a temporary order, concerns reunification among families whose entry into Israel represents a security risk in the eyes of the security services.
IMEMC 15 Mar by Chris Carlson — A Gaza official said that the number of the Gaza Palestinians killed by Israel since early 2014, as a result of military escalation, has increased to 18.
Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot by Israeli soldiers during West Bank protest
Violence / Raids / Clashes / Suppression of protests / Illegal arrests Israeli soldiers ‘shoot, critically injure’ Palestinian teen HEBRON (Ma‘an) 14 Mar — Israeli soldiers shot and critically injured a Palestinian teenager during a protest in Beit Ummar north … Continue reading
Bulldozers extend the separation wall deep into East Jerusalem, to wall off a settler building near the proposed Palestinian capital, Abu Dis
Netanyahu government continues colonization of Sheikh Jarrah with plans for Jewish seminary and high rise in the Palestinian neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 2 Feb — Palestinian and international activists at the Ein Hajla protest encampment in the Jordan Valley repulsed three attempts by Israeli forces to enter the village overnight, while nine activists from Jerusalem were detained trying to reach the area.
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 1 Feb — A lawyer for the Palestinian Authority ministry of prisoners’ affairs Tariq Barghouth alleged on Saturday that Israeli forces launched attack dogs on two Palestinian youths after shooting them multiple times on Thursday night at a checkpoint near Jerusalem. Adam Abd al-Rouf Jamous, 17, and Jawhar Nasser al-Din Halbieh, 19, were mauled by police dogs after Israeli forces opened fire on them without warning near al-Zayyem checkpoint near Abu Dis east of Jerusalem on January 30, Barghouth said.
IMEMC Thursday evening 30 Jan by Chris Carlson — The Israeli army demolished, on Thursday, at least 50 structures, including residences, displacing 13 families in the northern Jordan Valley, as a result, according to a local official.
Supreme Court okays highway bisecting Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem Haaretz 26 Jan by Nir Hasson — The Supreme Court rejected on Sunday an appeal against the construction of a multilane highway that would cut in half an Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem. The Jerusalem municipality … Continue reading
B’Tselem press release 8 Jan — Military appears to have served as security entourage for Hilltop Youth
As John Kerry flies on to Saudi Arabia, bulldozers remove trees in Hebron to prepare the ground for another Jewish colony in occupied territory
GAZA CITY (AFP) 25 Dec — A three-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip after the fatal shooting Tuesday of an Israeli near the Gaza border, in the latest uptick in Israeli-Palestinian violence.
Haaretz 23 Dec by Amira Hass — A High Court of Justice panel has asked farmers from the West Bank village of Yatta to withdraw a petition against settlers who allegedly seized their lands – despite the state’s admission that the Palestinians proved their legal attachment to the land.
GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 15 Dec — Israeli authorities started to pump industrial diesel donated by Qatar into the Gaza Strip on Sunday morning, a Gaza official told Ma‘an. The move is part of a temporary agreement to ease the blockade following days of record flooding that has devastated large swathes of the besieged coastal enclave.
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 8 Dec — Thousands of mourners turned out on Sunday for the burial of Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, a 14-year-old Palestinian boy who was shot dead by Israeli forces near al-Jalazun refugee camp while he was walking home from school on Saturday. His father described the killing as an “assassination” and “cold-blooded murder.”
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 6 Dec — Dozens of Palestinians were injured and one detained as Israeli forces opened fire to disperse protests against the Israeli occupation and commemorating Nelson Mandela’s death across the West Bank on Friday afternoon.
Not just the Prawer Plan: Villages across the West Bank face ‘unrelenting assault’ from Israeli military
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Israeli army demolish a house in the Salfit village of Deir Ballut [includes map, photo] DEIR BALLUT, Occupied Palestine (ISM Nablus Team) 29 Nov — On Thursday morning … Continue reading
Report: Netanyahu cancels plan for 20,000 new settlement units to avoid ‘unnecessary confrontation with the international community’ as Israel works to influence deal with Iran
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing New Peace Now/APN report: Bibi’s settlements boom — March-November 2013 UPDATE 12 Nov by Lara Friedman — Settlement boom even bigger than was known – …Over the past 8 months, tenders have been … Continue reading
Israel’s military advocate: IDF training inside Palestinian villages is legal Haaretz 3 Nov by Gili Cohen — There is no legal barrier to Israel Defense Forces training inside Palestinian villages in the West Bank, according to a document prepared by the IDF‘s Military Advocate … Continue reading
Prisoner release In pictures: Jubilant scenes as Israel releases 26 Palestinian prisoners The Telegraph 30 Oct — A group of 21 prisoners from the West Bank left Ofer prison, near Jerusalem, shortly after 1:00 am (2300 GMT) and the other … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid Israel to issue tenders for new settlement units IMEMC 25 Oct — Israeli sources have reported that the Israeli Housing Ministry is planning to issue tenders for the construction of … Continue reading