- ‘Children killed in their sleep’: Israeli artillery fire hits UN … 72
- The threat of sanctions worked against Israel in 1956 — … 28
- Remnick gets the timeline wrong 15
- ‘Israel today, Israel tomorrow, Israel forever,’ Rep. Hakeem Jeffries says … 41
- Gaza protests across West Bank are suppressed by skunk water, … 3
- Video: Mark Regev, deciphered 30
- More voices describe Gaza slaughter as a ‘genocide’ 25
- Over a hundred people join Norman Finkelstein for civil disobedience … 0
- Survivors of massacre in Khuza’a say Israeli forces used Palestinians … 0
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Pro-Israel Facebook page is titled, ‘Death to Dianna Buttu’ 0
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 0
- As in Vietnam and South Africa, Gazan masses are willing … 0
- The killing fields 0
- Video: Protesters set Israeli checkpoint aflame following funeral in Beit … 0
- Destruction of Gaza’s children is something ‘every one of us … 0
- Video: If you voted for Hamas, Israel has a right … 255
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 241
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 161
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 151
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- RT @RobinDGKelley: Powerful essay by David Lloyd, Slaughter is not self-defense: The assault on Gaza and the corruption of language http://t.co/E90EvxKFXr, 4 hours ago
- RT @BenEhrenreich: Americans, in case you were still wondering what 1361 dead Gazans have to do with you: http://t.co/fnV17AgkQj, 4 hours ago
- RT @RobinDGKelley: My response to @cvaldary ignorant "letter" was written 2 years before http://t.co/rDcJbI7o7B backed by AIPAC & CUFI http://t.co/U9FINpCao4, 4 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Zionist BDS MT @davidsheen: 2/3 of Jewish Israelis say they will boycott businesses of Palestinians of Israel http://t.co/kEh0n8eG88, 4 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: In a time of great moral crisis, @conor64 preserves his neutrality: https://t.co/M6pi6i6GM1, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Video: If you voted for Hamas, Israel has a right to kill you, says president of NY Board of Rabbis (245)
- Shingo: But I do admit, “complicity” must be an awful thing, it being such a suggestive word. And then here are the...
- Mooser: “It is indeed pathetic that such an important American rabbi only sees Judaism as a tribal religion...
- Mooser: Notice, Shingo, that a new type of culpability has emerged for the Palestinians. It’s called...
- ‘Children killed in their sleep’: Israeli artillery fire hits UN school, killing at least 20 (53)
- just: “A Norwegian doctor who has just returned from Gaza Strip narrated in a press conference in Brussels...
- AlGhorear: It gets worse. U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Blownaway: Don’t worry the US is doing something. They are re supplying Israel with more ammo so they can...
- The threat of sanctions worked against Israel in 1956 — and it can work again (10)
- ‘Israel today, Israel tomorrow, Israel forever,’ Rep. Hakeem Jeffries says at NY rally (31)
- just: gives a whole ‘nother meaning to iron dome, too. (no offense to the beautiful and follicly challenged...
- Slaughter is not self-defense: The assault on Gaza and the corruption of language (31)
- Sycamores: Joe Carton tweets Israeli soldier leaks accounts of revenge attacks against civilians in #Gaza link to...
- Video: If you voted for Hamas, Israel has a right to kill you, says president of NY Board of Rabbis (245)
Category Archives: Today in Palestine
972 reports: The murder of Muhammed Abu Khdeir and the military onslaught in Gaza have brought about a wave of protest among Arab citizens of Israel. Reports on that wave should be supplemented by unprecedented data: more than 410 Arab citizens of Israel have been arrested on various grounds related to their participation in demonstrations since July 5, according to data provided by human rights NGO Adalah.
Ma’an news reports: Dozens of Palestinians were injured in Jerusalem after clashes broke out with Israeli forces at the Al-Aqsa compound in the Old City on Friday amid heightened tensions after the Israeli invasion of Gaza the day before.
Latest from Gaza: Israel targets houses, mosques, disabled center and essential infrastructure, 14 more Palestinians killed
The latest news from Gaza as of Saturday morning.
Autopsy report shows Mohammed Abu Khdeir was burned to death; reports spread of other possible abductions
Ma’an news reports a preliminary autopsy report shows that 16-year-old Muhammad Abu Khdeir was burnt alive by his kidnappers.
Ma’an news reports: The Palestinian Authority on Sunday condemned the Israeli arrest campaign across the West Bank and airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, denouncing the “collective punishment of the Palestinian people” by Israeli forces.
Palestinian prisoner Ayman Itbeish completes 100th day of hunger strike to protest his indefinite detention
Ma’an News reports on Saturday Ayman Itbeish, 34, finished his 100th day of a hunger strike against his indefinite detention with charge by Israeli authorities, and is one of the longest-striking prisoners currently being held.
Ma‘an News reports that Israeli forces injured at least four protesters as they dispersed hundreds of Palestinians taking part in rallies across the West Bank on Thursday to mark the 1967 war that led to the occupation of the region by Israel. Protests marking Naksa Day, meaning “setback” in Arabic, took place at the Qalandiya checkpoint near Ramallah as well as in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Haaretz’s Barak Ravid reports that leaders of the Yesha Council of settlements met Wednesday evening with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and asked him to bring an end to the freeze on planning, construction, and marketing of settlement housing. Netanyahu told the settlement leaders: “You have no shield greater than I. I fight for you.”
Reuters: The number of Jewish settlers in the West Bank could grow by as much as 50 percent by 2019, Israel’s ultra-nationalist construction minister said on Friday … Construction and Housing Minister Uri Ariel, a member of the hard-line Bayit Yehudi party in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s conservative coalition government, said the negotiations on Palestinian statehood were in their “dying throes” and predicted the settler population would spiral.
The Jerusalem Post reports that an Afula rally to commemorate the life of a local teenager murdered in a suspected terror attack became heated late Saturday night, with some participants throwing rocks at cars belonging to Palestinian citizens of Israel. Eleven youths suspected of taking part in the violence were arrested by police.
The new iNakba app, produced by Zochrot, an Israeli organization, is meant to help the refugees maintain their connections to their villages. “If you are a refugee in the Ein El-Helweh camp in Lebanon and you want to know about your village, you can follow and each time someone adds a comment it goes directly to your inbox,” Ghaneen Jeries, Media Director for Zochrot and the coordinator of iNakba project told The Media Line.
Ma‘an: Four Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jail began a hunger strike on Wednesday in protest against their detention without trial, a Palestinian prisoner advocacy group said on Sunday. News of the four hunger strikers follows reports that over 100 Palestinian prisoners began a mass, open-ended hunger strike in a number of Israeli jails on Thursday in protest against being held without charge or trial under a policy Israel calls “administrative detention.”
Chris Carlson reports for IMEMC: Palestinian researcher Khaled Maali explained that the settlers found launching wild pigs toward the Palestinian farmlands was the best effective way to fight the Palestinian farmers without significant cost. Maali pointed out that the occupation prevents the Palestinians from shooting the pigs, whereas it permits settlers to kill the pigs when they reach their colonial settlements.
Ma‘an reports: Israeli police on Saturday prevented UN Middle East peace envoy Robert Serry from celebrating the Holy Fire ceremony in Jerusalem, a statement from his office said.
Ma‘an: A group of Christians from East Jerusalem on Sunday said that Israel’s restrictions on Palestinian mobility resulted in violations of religious freedoms. The statement, signed “Palestinian Christian Organizations in Occupied East Jerusalem,” complained that Christians are often denied access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during the Easter holidays. Each Easter, checkpoints are erected “at the Gates and in the alley, thus preventing the worshipers from free access to the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the vicinity of the Christian Quarter.”
Haaretz reports the Israel Lands Authority published tenders for land to build some 3,050 residential units in the first quarter of 2014, but only 45 units are in the center of the country and 55% are in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Activists shut down Israeli checkpoint in response to Jenin killings while militants promise ‘painful’ retaliation
Ma‘an reports that activists from the peaceful popular resistance movement on Saturday shut down the Beit El checkpoint north of Ramallah in protest against the killing of three Palestinians by Israeli forces in Jenin earlier in the day.
AFP reports that Israel has progressed with plans for more than 2,000 new homes in six West Bank settlements in a move likely to further endanger peace talks.
From Haaretz: Security services cite current situation in the Gaza Strip, including the rise of Islamic Jihad and Hamas’ governance, as reasons to extend law — …The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law, which is worded as a temporary order, concerns reunification among families whose entry into Israel represents a security risk in the eyes of the security services.
IMEMC 15 Mar by Chris Carlson — A Gaza official said that the number of the Gaza Palestinians killed by Israel since early 2014, as a result of military escalation, has increased to 18.
Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot by Israeli soldiers during West Bank protest
Violence / Raids / Clashes / Suppression of protests / Illegal arrests Israeli soldiers ‘shoot, critically injure’ Palestinian teen HEBRON (Ma‘an) 14 Mar — Israeli soldiers shot and critically injured a Palestinian teenager during a protest in Beit Ummar north … Continue reading
Bulldozers extend the separation wall deep into East Jerusalem, to wall off a settler building near the proposed Palestinian capital, Abu Dis
Netanyahu government continues colonization of Sheikh Jarrah with plans for Jewish seminary and high rise in the Palestinian neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 2 Feb — Palestinian and international activists at the Ein Hajla protest encampment in the Jordan Valley repulsed three attempts by Israeli forces to enter the village overnight, while nine activists from Jerusalem were detained trying to reach the area.
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 1 Feb — A lawyer for the Palestinian Authority ministry of prisoners’ affairs Tariq Barghouth alleged on Saturday that Israeli forces launched attack dogs on two Palestinian youths after shooting them multiple times on Thursday night at a checkpoint near Jerusalem. Adam Abd al-Rouf Jamous, 17, and Jawhar Nasser al-Din Halbieh, 19, were mauled by police dogs after Israeli forces opened fire on them without warning near al-Zayyem checkpoint near Abu Dis east of Jerusalem on January 30, Barghouth said.