- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 13
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 35
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 2
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 13
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 75
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 9 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 14 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 14 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 14 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 14 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (49)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (15)
- Donald: I haven’t looked it up, but I think some neocons in the US attacked Jacobo Timmerman when he...
- Donald: “You are considerably understating the support Israel gave to Rios Montt.” Sigh. I wrote a very...
- Sumud: How to spot a ‘liberal zionist’ in a car. Blinker to the left, when time to move, turn to the right. Very...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (35)
- Annie Robbins: hadn’t heard of it till now. how come you didn’t email us yesterday? this is dated the...
- Citizen: Barbara Boxer voted against both wars on Iraq. She was also anti-war during Vietnam Era, before her...
- Annie Robbins: wow MY ASSUMPTION IS that Isakson, Chambliss and AIPAC (and/or possibly the Israel Project) made a...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (13)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: One state/Two states
The only hope for Palestinians is a one state solution. Accomodating the settler-colonial ideology of Zionism with concessions only brings misery
Over the weekend former Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert spoke at a conference organized by the Jerusalem Post in New York City. As the the video above shows the crowd did not support his argument that a Palestinian state is in Israeli self-interest.
Read the introduction to Jacobin magazine’s special section on Palestine and the Left.
Excerpts from the Institute for Middle East Understanding fact sheet “Does Netanyahu Really Support the Two-State Solution?”
Former Israeli Amb to Obama on his visit: ‘You cannot come to an area that exhibits signs of apartheid and ignore them’
Alon Liel, a former Israeli Foreign Ministry Director-General and ex-Ambassador to South Africa, said on February 20, “In the situation that exists today, until a Palestinian state is created, we are actually one state. This joint state — in the hope that the status quo is temporary — is an apartheid state.”
What did you leave on the cutting-room floor from your interviews of six former Israeli spies? Were you trying to save the Jewish state? And how do you rate Netanyahu? Estee Chandler grills the Israeli director of the Oscar-nominated documentary
Despite an announcement on Friday from the Prime Minister’s office that Benjamin Netanyahu delayed construction in the E1 corridor between Jerusalem and the West Bank, more than 700 American rabbis, cantor and rabbinical students continue to decry the controversial settlement plan.
A statement from Jewish activists, writers, artists and academics calling for “all supporters of social justice to stand up for Palestinian Right of Return and a democratic state throughout historic Palestine — “From the River to the Sea” — with equal rights for all.”
Omar Dajani writes about being a college student in the U.S. during the first intifada, “the transformations it effected were no less personal than political. For many of us who had never visited the Holy Land, the intifada brought Palestine home. It was our introduction, our initiation, our gateway to an addiction that I suspect few of us have managed to kick.” This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Consensus: Right wing govt minister says Israel is not a state of all its citizens; liberal Zionist icon calls for cantons to avoid bi-nationalism
Two recent statements — one from a right wing government minister and the other a liberal Zionist icon — reveal the staggering degree of racism in Israeli political discourse.
Joseph Dana recently wrote in the National: “the debate about the two-state solution has become an important diversion from discussing the true nature of Israeli colonialism.” This trend has been shared from right wingers to liberal Zionists: Keep talking about the need for the two state solution, so that no one talks about the policies that have made it impossible.
Ahmed Moor shares memories of growing up in Gaza during the first intifada and what that struggle means for the Palestinians today. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
The mainstream Israeli left had a chance to create a two-state solution during the first intifada. Instead they launched the vast settlement expansion of the 90s. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
Palestinians in Israel have used the contradiction between Zionism and democracy to reconstruct their national project
MK Haneen Zoabi’s foreword to Ben White’s ‘Palestinians in Israel: Segregation, Discrimination and Democracy’
Israel grows jittery of new Palestinian uprising JERUSALEM (AP) — The rising confidence and bellicosity of Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, combined with rapidly deteriorating relations with Israel’s would-be peace partner in the West Bank, are raising jitters in … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Discourse from within the Israeli government to formalize Greater Israel may indicate that Israel is finally planning to formally annex the West Bank.
Saree Makdisi joins the two state post mortem. In tomorrow’s International Herald Tribune, Makdisi says Netanyahu’s decision to build in the E1 area not only kills the two-state solution, but also seals the fate of an exclusively Jewish state.
Host Marwan Bishara and guests Rashid Khalidi, Tony Karon and Ethan Bronner serve up yet another post mortem on the two-state solution on the Al Jazeera English show Empire. Peter Beinart is the lone hold out.
Former Israeli diplomat: Netanyahu doesn’t want a two-state solution (and it’s about time Washington figured this out)
Interesting exchange on Twitter between Tony Karon and Alon Pinkus.
News over the weekend that Israel is now stamping passports with “Judea and Samaria only” highlights the fact that there is already one state on the ground. The question is what kind of state will it be?
Israel demonstrates sovereignty over occupied territories by stamping passports of West Bank visitors ‘Judea and Samaria only’
Settlements / Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation Effective annexation: Israel now stamping passports of West Bank visitors “Judea and Samaria only”, Ali Abunimah The latest change is further proof that … Continue reading
Two Israeli Policemen Face Charges Of Abusing A Kidney Patient Israeli paper, Yedioth Aharonoth, reported that two Israeli Policemen are facing charges after they abused and humiliated a Palestinian kidney patient, including hitting him with their rifles, at a military … Continue reading
Israel responds to UN vote by approving 3,000 new settlement units and plans to build in strategic West Bank corridor
The Netanyahu government hasn’t wasted any time issuing its response to yesterday’s vote at the UN. Today, Israel announced 3,000 new illegal housing units in the occupied territories. Plans include building in the “E1 corridor” to connect the Ma’ale Adumim settlement with Jerusalem. This would effectively sever hopes of a contiguous Palestinian state.