- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 3
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 7
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 7
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 5
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 8
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 4
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 37
- ‘I wanted to make a film [on] the conflict between … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 195
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 94
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 71
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 133
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation of US policy on settlements http://t.co/RuwyEzmToV, 3 hours ago
- Sixteen-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts of attempted murder for alleged stone throwing http://t.co/YUvWhKyWKP, 3 hours ago
- Palestinian prisoner Hussam Shaheen writes -- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ http://t.co/Yss65BM24p, 3 hours ago
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner http://t.co/xtd1fZIiqR, 3 hours ago
- If the PA ever does build a state, it will be one with Israeli oversight of its internal affairs http://t.co/gbeqbhTlVY, 3 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (7)
- ToivoS: I think Abbas has given up on any kind of acceptable settlement for the Palestinians. He and his buddies in...
- Felice Gelman: The game is a simple one: increase the dependence of the urban West Bank population on government and...
- Annie Robbins: just tightening the noose. infuriating beyond belief.
- Let’s don’t talk about Israel (28)
- Donald: “It has plenty of clout, which is why, even now, Bibi Netanyahu, after an entire life as a Likudnik,...
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (37)
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on college campuses (7)
- Alex Kane: Hi Henry, I should have done that initially. I updated the post with the list of legislators who have...
- Exile and the Prophetic: Bought and sold (10)
- Donald: “How do you know Ellis knows this? ” I don’t. I think I remember Ellis saying something...
- Fmr French foreign minister reportedly says Israel seeks to ‘destroy’ Syria (and any other neighbor it can’t get along with) (24)
- James Canning: @piotr – - Statements by Russia’s foreign ministry, re: Middle East, often make much...
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner (3)
- just: An incredibly moving testament to the human spirit. These prisoners face an Occupier/jailer who wants to break...
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (7)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: One state/Two states
Perhaps the greatest achievement in neutralizing the Palestinian cause from how it started out, as a liberation struggle, was nudging it into a humanitarian project. Over the past two decades political talks have been exchanged for economic ones. The U.S. hand in this transformation became clear after Israeli and Palestinian leaders met in Jerusalem on Sunday to reopen economic collaboration measures
Olmert jokes being called ‘war criminal’ may restore his reputation in Israel as activists disrupt speech at Woodrow Wilson Center
On June 4, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visited Washington, D.C.’s Woodrow Wilson Center to offer a so-called “moderate” perspective on Middle East affairs and the Palestinian-Israeli impasse. A DC area coalition of Palestinian justice activists, led by George Mason University Students Against Israeli Apartheid (SAIA), were there to challenge Olmert and interrupt the Wilson Center’s complicity with the ongoing normalization of Israeli occupation, settler colonialism, and apartheid.
Flipping the political map: Yehouda Shenhav upends liberal understandings of Israel/Palestine in ‘Beyond the Two-State Solution’
Yehouda Shenhav’s book, Beyond the Two-State Solution: A Political Essay, is a true paradigm shifter. At the heart of the book is Shenhav’s convincing argument that traditional thinking on the conflict–first and foremost perpetrated by the Israeli liberal left–has been stuck in the 1967 paradigm, which has lead to never-ending and doomed efforts to establish a two-state solution. The Iraqi-Jewish sociologist also offers a truly novel vision for a solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict.
Exile and the Prophetic: Barghouti’s warning – the alternative to two states is ‘persistent conflict’ without any middle ground
If nations are defined by the people they jail, check out a recent interview with Marwan Barghouti.
The Israeli government approves a plan to relocate Jahalin Bedouin in al-Khan al-Ahmar to a “dump site” called “Nueimah” near Jericho. The Nueimah plan sets the stage for a future territory swap where Palestinians will lose out on residency rights to geographically key land in exchange for a wasteland in the desert.
The only hope for Palestinians is a one state solution. Accomodating the settler-colonial ideology of Zionism with concessions only brings misery
Over the weekend former Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert spoke at a conference organized by the Jerusalem Post in New York City. As the the video above shows the crowd did not support his argument that a Palestinian state is in Israeli self-interest.
Read the introduction to Jacobin magazine’s special section on Palestine and the Left.
Excerpts from the Institute for Middle East Understanding fact sheet “Does Netanyahu Really Support the Two-State Solution?”
Former Israeli Amb to Obama on his visit: ‘You cannot come to an area that exhibits signs of apartheid and ignore them’
Alon Liel, a former Israeli Foreign Ministry Director-General and ex-Ambassador to South Africa, said on February 20, “In the situation that exists today, until a Palestinian state is created, we are actually one state. This joint state — in the hope that the status quo is temporary — is an apartheid state.”
What did you leave on the cutting-room floor from your interviews of six former Israeli spies? Were you trying to save the Jewish state? And how do you rate Netanyahu? Estee Chandler grills the Israeli director of the Oscar-nominated documentary
Despite an announcement on Friday from the Prime Minister’s office that Benjamin Netanyahu delayed construction in the E1 corridor between Jerusalem and the West Bank, more than 700 American rabbis, cantor and rabbinical students continue to decry the controversial settlement plan.
A statement from Jewish activists, writers, artists and academics calling for “all supporters of social justice to stand up for Palestinian Right of Return and a democratic state throughout historic Palestine — “From the River to the Sea” — with equal rights for all.”
Omar Dajani writes about being a college student in the U.S. during the first intifada, “the transformations it effected were no less personal than political. For many of us who had never visited the Holy Land, the intifada brought Palestine home. It was our introduction, our initiation, our gateway to an addiction that I suspect few of us have managed to kick.” This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Consensus: Right wing govt minister says Israel is not a state of all its citizens; liberal Zionist icon calls for cantons to avoid bi-nationalism
Two recent statements — one from a right wing government minister and the other a liberal Zionist icon — reveal the staggering degree of racism in Israeli political discourse.
Joseph Dana recently wrote in the National: “the debate about the two-state solution has become an important diversion from discussing the true nature of Israeli colonialism.” This trend has been shared from right wingers to liberal Zionists: Keep talking about the need for the two state solution, so that no one talks about the policies that have made it impossible.
Ahmed Moor shares memories of growing up in Gaza during the first intifada and what that struggle means for the Palestinians today. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
The mainstream Israeli left had a chance to create a two-state solution during the first intifada. Instead they launched the vast settlement expansion of the 90s. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
Palestinians in Israel have used the contradiction between Zionism and democracy to reconstruct their national project
MK Haneen Zoabi’s foreword to Ben White’s ‘Palestinians in Israel: Segregation, Discrimination and Democracy’
Israel grows jittery of new Palestinian uprising JERUSALEM (AP) — The rising confidence and bellicosity of Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, combined with rapidly deteriorating relations with Israel’s would-be peace partner in the West Bank, are raising jitters in … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Discourse from within the Israeli government to formalize Greater Israel may indicate that Israel is finally planning to formally annex the West Bank.
Saree Makdisi joins the two state post mortem. In tomorrow’s International Herald Tribune, Makdisi says Netanyahu’s decision to build in the E1 area not only kills the two-state solution, but also seals the fate of an exclusively Jewish state.
Host Marwan Bishara and guests Rashid Khalidi, Tony Karon and Ethan Bronner serve up yet another post mortem on the two-state solution on the Al Jazeera English show Empire. Peter Beinart is the lone hold out.