- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting 0
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 14
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 17
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 3
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 7
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 22
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 8
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 28
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1698
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1358
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 93
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 87
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/23/2013 - http://t.co/wBmYhiuSJr, 3 hours ago
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 15 hours ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 19 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 20 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 20 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (41)
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature and substance of this report are questionable and give the impression of a smear operation’ (8)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (93)
- Shingo: How “many” exactly? Yes, that’s the question I too would like to know, seeing as the ALA were small in...
- Citizen: Yep, Hostage is a BIG PLUS on this blog. He sure knows his way around government archives. And he...
- Cliff: mondonut said: ” This is getting tiresome, so this is my last reply to this repeated nonsense.”...
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable (28)
- Bumblebye: The political response seems over the top to me, making too much of it. That fires up the wrong people....
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (40)
- Hostage: This comment resorts to the similar argument that all Jewish people are represented by the Zionist gang...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (48)
- Cliff: no, not many people just Zionist Jews and their ideological allies normal people (non-tribal) can identify...
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Arab Spring
I loathe the premise that people of colour should be ‘grateful’ that others are taking notice of their subjugation, or that they should bite their tongues and clench their fists and instead show gratitude because their varied plights are being in some way ‘acknowledged‘ by others.
Here’s the story of Amina Tyler, a 19-year- young woman who has brewed a storm of controversy in Tunisia. Tyler around 10 days ago posted two photos of herself topless on Facebook. The first image showed Amina with the words “F*** your morals” written across her chest. The second has the words “My body belongs to me and is not the source of anyone’s honor” written in Arabic.
Unconditional American support only goes so far when the rest of the world is turning against you. That’s why Barack Obama went to Israel– to try and help Israel break out of its deepening political loneliness with an effort to jumpstart negotiations and reconcile Turkey to Israel. Will it work? By most indications, Israel’s actions and political system will continue to isolate the country.
Peter Rugh interviews Omar Barghouti about the Brooklyn College controversy, the global BDS movement and the Arab Spring rebellions across the Arab world.
“Westernized” is very often the first accusation pointed in your face when attempting to discuss or even try to raise gender matters in our society.” Especially if it stems from someone who has just come back from abroad, let alone it being a woman. I cannot deny that being abroad for the first time in my whole life has put me in a very serious confrontation with my own identity not only as a Palestinian, or as a Muslim but also as a woman.
Following air strikes Sunday by the Syrian military on the country’s largest refugee camp, Palestinians are fleeing from the relative shelter of refugee status in Syria to strapped aid services in Lebanon. Once home to 150,000 refugees, Yarmouk camp in Damascus has emptied with Palestinian leaving en masse for the first time since violence erupted two years ago for the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad.
Gaza commemorates the 25th anniversary of the First Intifada and of the founding of Hamas with the arrival of Khaled Meshaal
After the assault on Gaza was over, The New York Times printed a story pointing to Iran as a motivation for why Israel waged its assault. But a series of analysts dispute that claim for various reasons.
Army Occupies School In Jenin Israeli soldiers invaded, on Tuesday evening, a school east of Jenin city, in the northern part of the West Bank, and used it as a military post and monitoring tower. link to www.imemc.org Israeli forces … Continue reading
US immigration officials detain and interrogate Imran Khan about drones and who’s pushing the State Department
U.S. Immigration detained Imran Khan in Canada on Saturday as he was boarding a plane for New York to attend a fundraiser. They interrogated him for 2 hours over his views on drones. Khan made big waves last month leading … Continue reading
On Monday, Michael Oren, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, addressed a packed house at Congregation Beth Elohim in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Throughout the talk, Oren painted a picture of a blameless Israel, where a belligerent occupation, radical and racist settlers and the crippling blockade on Gaza didn’t exist. Above, Oren (center) poses with Rabbi Andy Bachman, on the right.
Both U.S. and Israeli ambassadors to the UN addressed Hezbollah at the UN Security Council meeting yesterday after Hezbollah Secretary General Hasan Nasrallah confirmed on Saturday it was Hezbollah who sent the drone shot down by Israel. U.S. Ambassador Susan … Continue reading
In a shocking radio address in Lebanon, Hezbollah’s Secretary-General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah just announced the drone brought down by Israel last Saturday indeed originated from Hezbollah. Nasrallah also announced the drone was Irainian made but assembled by members of Hezbollah. … Continue reading
Check out this 18 minute anti Obama infomercial from RightChange.com titled “Absolutely Uncertain”.
Mousata Bayoumi says the anti-Muslim film attributed to causing mass protest in the Middle East is actually an “archly stupid” scapegoat that reflects the far-right’s influence over media, not unlike the “manufactured controversy over the ‘Ground Zero mosque.’”
Thomas Friedman’s latest column, “Look in Your Mirror,” contains research provided to him by the neo-conservative propaganda think tank, the Middle East Media Research Institute.
Inevitably and tragically the United States has once again experienced a blowback of a policy not of its sole provenance.
‘Rocks For Palestine’, is a poem creatively drawn out in Arabic calligraphy by Everitte Barbee.
Last May 25, 108 people were massacred at Houla near Homs, Syria. Al Jazeera report confirms that gov’t militias carried out the attacks
The deadly attack on Egyptian soldiers in the Sinai last Sunday evening, where masked gunmen in Bedouin clothing killed 16 border guards, hijacked two armored vehicles and attacked an Israeli border post threaten an already tense ‘peace’ along Egypt’s border with Israel and Gaza.
Lots has been happening in Syria over the weekend so let’s take a look at some recent coverage. 48 Iranians were kidnapped by an opposition militia in Damascus on Saturday. Iran claims they were religious pilgrims and the Syrian opposition … Continue reading
Linkage between the plights of the Palestinian people and the Syrian people must be made visible if the Syrian people are to escape the death-embrace of hypocritical imperialist Western powers and client Arab and Zionist allies.
The Palestinian camps in Syria have again been engulfed by the crisis in the country as 20 refugees were killed August 2nd in a Damascus United Nations-run camp. While international news agencies and the UN have not named the al-Assad regime as responsible for the Palestinians’ deaths, a spokesman for Yarmouk camp and citizen journalist, Ramy al-Asheq, confirmed that the al-Assad regime and pro-government militias were behind the two fatal blasts that targeted civilians at a mini-market in an outdoor souq.
Last week, top Assad regime officials were assassinated in a brazen bomb attack. Journalist Diane Rehm asks an intriguing question: ‘how were those assassinations carried out? Was it the Israelis? Was it the Americans? How was it done?’
Mahmoud al-Sarsak’s historic hunger strike made him ‘the prisoner who imprisoned his jailer.’