- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 7
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 8
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 11
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 1
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 12
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 14
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 668
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 310
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 148
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 74
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 1 hour ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 6 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 6 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 6 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 6 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell (24)
- piotr: Jewish Press proudly features Moshe Feiglin as their regular contributor. Not that he writes for them often,...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (7)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (8)
- riyadh: You are considerably understating the support Israel gave to Rios Montt. He once told ABC News that the...
- seafoid: Israel will sell arms and expertise essentially anywhere there is money. Most controversies coming out of...
- Daniel Rich: @ Ecru, How to spot a ‘liberal zionist’ in a car. Blinker to the left, when time to move,...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (52)
- irmep: That cited 43 megabyte SPSS dataset only lists Israel survey data for a single year: 2001 (column S020, rows...
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (12)
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell (24)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Arab Spring
Blogger Fidaa Abuassi describes the tortured path of traveling in and out of the blockaded Gaza Strip, and the humorous conversations that occur along the way.
Our fundraiser just ended (thank you!), but you can still get a copy of Moshe Machover’s exciting and challenging new book, “Israelis and Palestinians: Conflict and Resolution”, by donating $60 by the end of July. Phil interviews Machover on the book, reflections on his 40 years as a socialist intellectual and activist, and what he sees for the future of the Middle East.
The US is now aimed at forcibly toppling the Assad regime in Syria
Chris Matthews calls Muslim Brotherhood terrorists. Brian Levin calls them enemies.
State Dep’t report on talks with Israel says 0 about settlements and claims Iran seeks to develop nuclear weapons
Israel has moved to legalize Jewish colonization of ‘Judea and Samaria.’ The US State Department has nothing to say about it
Roll over Ben-Gurion and tell Jabotinsky the news, Zionism can no longer attract converts because it is an ideology of militant ethnocracy
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
There are three main developments which have effectively removed the Palestinian issue from the international diplomatic and political arena: a) The hardening structure of Israeli politics; b) The weakened state of US hegemony in the Middle East; 3) The growing turmoil in the Arab world.
In Syria, opposition families sent pots of homecooked food to gov’t soldiers. And the pots came back filled with bullets
Phyllis Bennis presents a primer of the violence in Syria: “Only with an end to the war, will the original unarmed opposition forces have a chance to remobilize public support for the internal, non-violent protest movement for real change, reclaiming social movements for Syria’s own freedom and democracy, and reasserting Syria’s place in the Arab Spring.”
There’s been on Egyptian revolution, Aaron David Miller says, holding tight to peace treaty. That’s wishful thinking
On Sunday, Ahmed Moor was in a jubilant Tahrir Square as Mohammed Morsi was named Egypt’s first democratically elected president. What comes next is anyone’s guess as Morsi positions himself for a confrontation with the military.
Israel is “losing the fight” to justify its actions, the Jerusalem Post says, because of the internet
Egyptian military council dissolves the legislature and disqualifies presidential candidate and renders presidential winner ‘toothless.’ US says nothing
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
A possible crackdown on Israeli dissent? Several prominent Israeli activists were summoned by the police over the weekend. The police showed up at their doors with an invitation to “step over to the police” who want to know “what are you planning in terms of the protest for the coming summer, in order to prepare.”
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Michael Oren calls the Egyptian revolution an ‘upheaval’ and says both presidential candidates have described Israel as the ‘enemy’
What more do you need to understand about the situation in Palestine?
The protection of Palestinians in the Camp David accord was once a figleaf for Egyptian rulers to do nothing. Now Israel will lose its impunity
Activists in Egypt reject the current elections as a strategy to derail the goals of the revolution to oust the Mubarak regime.
WAFA: The Israeli authorities Tuesday forced four Palestinian families to demolish with their own hands their homes in Wadi al-Maleh area in the northern part of the occupied Jordan Valley as a prelude to evacuate the area from its Palestinian residents, according to a local activist.
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
Bassel Shahade’s death proves that even though Syrians are focused on historic domestic issues, they still care about the Palestinian question
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade