- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 1
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 1
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 0
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 1
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 4
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 2
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 2
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 0
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2239
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1691
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1339
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 950
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 89
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 86
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 75
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 5 mins ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 2 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 2 hours ago
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, Sarah Shourd http://t.co/C1C7G1DXJ6, 2 hours ago
- "belligerent military occupation of Palestine does not need any hoax or staged incidents to expose its brutality" http://t.co/PGFbErTIOK, 2 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (17)
- Woody Tanaka: “How does this pandering play among his audience?” I, for one, find myself hard pressed to...
- Woody Tanaka: Because it had nothing to do with their Jewishness, per se. It had to do with the culture they grew up...
- Woody Tanaka: “support for Israel for our one friend in the Middle East” Funny, though. Before we...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (89)
- Annie Robbins: Accentitude, there’s something i’d like to ask you about referencing a comment you made...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (46)
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox calls ‘fantastical’ racist propaganda (1)
- ritzl: Dutch posted this link in the “Reporters Without Borders” article. http://mondoweiss.net/2013/...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (1)
- MRW: All classic pilpul responses except for Art Wegweiser.
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (1)
- ritzl: I asked Hostage the other day about the “cleverness” of a possible strategy to get Israel to...
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (75)
- Hostage: Here is a memorandum from Acting secretary Bowles to President Kennedy, April 28, 1961 regarding An...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (17)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Alice Rothchild
- Ahmed Moor
Category Archives: Iran
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation Israeli Occupation Seizes House in Hebron On Tuesday 2nd October, Israeli occupation forces seized a house in al-Baqa’a area, east of Hebron and converted the … Continue reading
You can’t be taken seriously in Washington unless you supported the Iraq disaster. The rule still holds: NPR lauds Ken Pollack
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (really) likes using visual aids. He has brought to the podium Xeroxed copies of old letters, meeting minutes and, now, a dazzlingly crude drawing of a cartoon bomb to illustrate this fearsome inevitability. Here’s a quick look at years past
The New Yorker, which runs a weekly cartoon caption contest, has branched out to photos. Inspired by Benjamin Netanyahu’s performance at the the UN yesterday, the magazine has started a caption contest for a photo of Netanyahu holding a chart of a bomb.
Palestinian Authority: Running Israel’s Guantanamo, Linah Alsaafin Scores of political detainees held in Israeli jails are released only to then be arrested by the Palestinian Authority, who is living up to its reputation of being Israel’s hired police force. http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/palestinian-authority-running-israels-guantanamo?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AlAkhbarEnglish+%28Al+Akhbar+English%29 … Continue reading
Last year it was Netanyahu’s warning against the “Insatiable Crocodile of Militant Islam”, and this year it was a bomb torn from the pages of Spy v.s. Spy. Netanyahu’s seemingly homemade prop was the cause of much conversation.
‘Crisis initiation is really tough’: WINEP Director of Research suggests a covert attack to get a war on with Iran
Speaking at a Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP) forum Patrick Clawson Director of Research at Institute suggests initiating a war with Iran thru implementation of a covert attack.
That was then, this is now, the Netanyahu edition: When it comes to trying to bully the United States into setting “red lines” or even perhaps initiating a war of aggression, Benjamin Netanyahu has stuck to the same script for a decade now.
If the US doesn’t believe the allegations about Mossad’s backing of the MEK to murder Iranian scientists, that probably means that the US believes (read: knows) that Mossad itself is responsible for the attacks.
CNN reports that the State Department will take a group violently opposed to the Iranian government off the U.S. terrorist list. The delisting of Mujahideen al-Khalq comes after a high-profile campaign waged by a host of Republicans, Democrats, U.S. officials and Israel advocates.
From Josh Rogin on Foreign Policy‘s blog The Cable: On a conference call with American rabbis Thursday evening, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney altered his position on what “red lines” he would set for Iran before deciding military action was … Continue reading
An American academic who was one of the creators of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and later fired by the State Department is riling up fear claiming Iran is about to commit “genocide” against Israel.
The sanctions against Iran are hurting ordinary citizens who, even if they wanted to, could not effectuate policy change within their country’s non-democratic government.
Sabra & Shatila massacre of Palestinians Eyewitness Robert Fisk & Odd Karsten Tveit Sabra and Shatila, 30 years later Sabra and Shatila: Thirty Years On On the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre in which hundreds of … Continue reading
Netanyahu once said ‘America is a thing you can move very easily’ — where does he want to move it with his latest Iran outbursts?
Today analysts and pundits are wondering what is behind Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s latest roundhouse aimed at the Obama administration.
Protest in Ramallah on Monday, September 11 Some of the chants include: “The people demand fall of Oslo” “Palestine is not cheap, the president agreed to Paris, he is not one of us” “People demand the downfall of the regime” … Continue reading
Netanyahu goes after Obama: ‘Those in the international community who refuse to put red lines before Iran don’t have a moral right to place a red light before Israel’
Haaretz reports: “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday launched an unprecedented verbal attack on the U.S. government over its stance on the Iranian nuclear program.”
18-year-old Gazan sets self on fire, protesting conditions similar to those Mohammad Bouazizi took on
Gaza man dies after he set himself ablaze GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — A man from the Gaza Strip died on Sunday from burns he sustained three days ago when he set himself on fire, officials and his family said. Eyhab … Continue reading
Israeli forces ‘attack East Jerusalem minor’ says soldiers beat and spat on him BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — A young Palestinian’s errand for his mother took a drastic turn late Friday after he accidentally crossed into the middle of a violent clash … Continue reading
US scales back military exercise with Israel; Israeli official tells TIME, ‘Basically what the Americans are saying is, ‘We don’t trust you”
Back in January, reports came out that the US was planning a massive joint military exercise with Israel that was viewed as a possible precursor to an attack on Iran. Later that month, the exercise was called off, although it was not exactly clear why. The exercise was rescheduled to take place in October, just weeks before the presidential election, but new reports indicate it will be drastically scaled down.
In an Israeli commercial, a high level general takes a taste of a delectable chocolate spread and inadvertently sets in motion an Israeli military strike on an unnamed country — Iran by implication and context — a command that the Israelis have been waiting for and are eager to carry out.
Weeks after passing out gas masks, the Israeli government has started distributing emergency pamphlets that use a muppet character similar to Oscar the grouch to prepare families for an attack from Iran.
Veteran peace activist and interfaith dialogue advocate Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb is the latest target in a campaign to attack Barack Obama in the run-up to the US presidential election.
Senior Israeli officials including National Security Advisor Ya’akov Amidror and Interior Minister Eli Yishai held a “secret meeting” with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, the former Sephardic Chief Rabbi of Israel, who is known for his desire to “annihilate” Arabs.
Under the misleading headline “How America Can Slow Israel’s March to War,” former White House official/former and current Israel lobbyist Dennis Ross delivers a prescription for the opposite: Second, America should begin discussions with the permanent members of the United … Continue reading