- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 14
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 31
- Resurrecting Passover? 19
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 170
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 3
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 64
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 77
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 14
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- It’s time to reveal the Israeli role in the US … 0
- ‘Secret’ London conference seeks to link BDS to… terrorism 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Passover for Palestine 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 164
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- RT @ChemiShalev: Mondoweiss: The excellence of Shalev’s interview is that he comes off as petty and Walt seems big. http://t.co/5q1uZ6VH13, 4 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Hillel expels and condemns anti-Zionist Jews but welcomes evangelical Christian End Timers with open arms: http://t.co/5a5oi1fESb, 4 hours ago
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile http://t.co/U92Y4MGemY, 7 hours ago
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t http://t.co/IBkp1QtiTc, 12 hours ago
- RT @DaliaHatuqa: Israel's 7-year blockade of Gaza the "longest in history," says new UNRWA head Pierre Krahenbuhl. http://t.co/PaCLN8nQXr, 14 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (14)
- Walid: “Abbas has doubled that and more than doubled the number of settlers.” Harry, maybe someday...
- talknic: @ DaBakr ” “the oldest known tree in the world…..confiscated by Isreal..” ? I thought the oldest...
- Hostage: “The International Criminal Court (ICC) has said an international tribunal is authorised to look into...
- Resurrecting Passover? (19)
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (77)
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t (31)
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (170)
- Hostage: Look it up in tractate Gittin, a book which was compiled before the Arab conquest and it was called Acco...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (14)
Category Archives: Iraq
Nessma Eman Bashi reflects on her recent trip to the West Bank.
A poem by Alice Walker for Sundus Shaker Saleh. Saleh alleges that the Iraq War was a premeditated war against the Iraqi people — and now she is the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against six key members of the Bush administration.
General James Cartwright is the target of an leak investigation after a story was published by the New York Times revealing details about the U.S.-Israeli cyberwar on Iran. National security blogger Marcy Wheeler raises an interesting question about the leak: is Cartwright being investigated for what he revealed about U.S. officials’ anger at Israel over a cyberwar program gone awry?
Bradley Manning’s trial begins today. The young Oklahoman is charged with espionage for courageous acts he undertook in Iraq to tell the American people what was happening with their Middle Eastern wars. We have sought to convey the great moral, political, and social urgency of standing up for Bradley Manning. Note that Daniel Ellsberg undertook similar actions, with more highly-classified documents, and was not imprisoned. And the elite media benefited hugely from Manning’s disclosures, but treat him now as part-traitor.
Instead of feasting their feat, innocent men and women of all ages were limping and crying. In a matter of seconds, Boston became Baghdad on the tax day. Bodies, blood and broken limbs were on the streets of Boston and … Continue reading
The takeaway: We see and hear of victims of terrorism in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Palestine, Pakistan, and Afghanistan every day. The death of an innocent, no matter where, is nothing short of horrifying.
Ten years ago today, Banen Al-Sheemary remembers sitting in front of the television watching the sky turn bright yellow from the massive blasts as the US invaded Iraq. She had left the country with her family during the 1991 U.S. invasion. She returned to Iraq in 2012.
You can’t be taken seriously in Washington unless you supported the Iraq disaster. The rule still holds: NPR lauds Ken Pollack
That was then, this is now, the Netanyahu edition: When it comes to trying to bully the United States into setting “red lines” or even perhaps initiating a war of aggression, Benjamin Netanyahu has stuck to the same script for a decade now.
Our fundraiser just ended (thank you!), but you can still get a copy of Moshe Machover’s exciting and challenging new book, “Israelis and Palestinians: Conflict and Resolution”, by donating $60 by the end of July. Phil interviews Machover on the book, reflections on his 40 years as a socialist intellectual and activist, and what he sees for the future of the Middle East.
What will Jewish mean if there is no Jewish state?
Not on the front page: NYT’s David Sanger ‘presumes’ we’re conducting covert hostilities against North Korea
David Sanger’s vaguenesses. He says Stuxnet wiped out centrifuges, then admits we have no idea what damage it caused. Oh and we’re having a covert war with North Korea
To have a foreign-policy career in D.C., you have to be pro-war
Goldberg’s back pages: abusive statements about Palestinians, Saddam link to Al Qaeda, and Iraq war is ‘act of profound morality’
Jeffrey Goldberg covered up for a prison beating when he was an Israeli prison guard and spoke of himself as an Israeli in subsequent writings
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Cable networks were afraid that critics of the Iraq war would be “un-American,” so they fostered the interventionist mood
What more do you need to understand about the situation in Palestine?
WAFA: The Israeli authorities Tuesday forced four Palestinian families to demolish with their own hands their homes in Wadi al-Maleh area in the northern part of the occupied Jordan Valley as a prelude to evacuate the area from its Palestinian residents, according to a local activist.
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
Wisecracking Rumsfeld tries to sound like a man of peace on Charlie Rose
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade
Land / Property and Resource Theft / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement Israeli gov’t funds new settlement project Ramallah, May 29 (Petra) — Israel’s municipality of Jerusalem and the Ministry of Tourism will jointly earmark more than $4 million … Continue reading
Why are no establishment liberal institutions taking strong antiwar positions, as they did during the Vietnam era?
Ethnic Cleansing / Land Theft & Destruction / Occupation & Apartheid / Exile & Restriction of Movement / Refugees Report: Israel issued 13,000 demolition orders against Palestinian real estate Haaretz newspaper said the Israeli civil administration issued 13,000 demolition warnings … Continue reading