- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 31
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 6
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 5
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 13
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 13
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 11
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 8
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 18
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 0
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 0
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 0
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 0
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 66
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 61
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/08/2013 - http://t.co/Sr6Bni50le, 2 hours ago
- RT @CiFWatch: Just like his writings, @MaxBlumenthal's new twitter image is a fabrication http://t.co/dvrg13wR2k, 9 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Letter from @standwithus demanding cancellation of @AMPalestine event cited presence of @AliAbunimah and others and quoted ADL blacklist 2/3, 10 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: I'm at @AMPalestine conference. Chinese SoCal Cultural Center canceled our dinner after pressure from extreme Zionist group @StandWithUs 1/3, 10 hours ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Nelson #Mandela said a lot of things you won't hear about in mainstream coverage this week. Here's some of it: http://t.co/PXp8BVOxB8, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (41)
- Annie Robbins: they both clearly have problems with the contents of the book itself point taken sibiriak, but...
- Warpaint and terrorists (9)
- Elliot: Thanks for the geography lesson. Who knew the West Bank was so close to Israel? People are interested in...
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′ (66)
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies (13)
- Walid: From the very start of the Zionist enterprise, it has always been about water, water, and water. It wss never...
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace Bedouins (13)
- Ecru: Well obviously – it’s true and they know it. Nothing annoys a Zionist like the truth.
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela (5)
- Ecru: @ Seafoid Maybe I’m just ubercynical but it seems to me that LOTS of people know the true history of...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (31)
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (41)
Category Archives: Iraq
A poem by Alice Walker for Sundus Shaker Saleh. Saleh alleges that the Iraq War was a premeditated war against the Iraqi people — and now she is the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against six key members of the Bush administration.
General James Cartwright is the target of an leak investigation after a story was published by the New York Times revealing details about the U.S.-Israeli cyberwar on Iran. National security blogger Marcy Wheeler raises an interesting question about the leak: is Cartwright being investigated for what he revealed about U.S. officials’ anger at Israel over a cyberwar program gone awry?
Bradley Manning’s trial begins today. The young Oklahoman is charged with espionage for courageous acts he undertook in Iraq to tell the American people what was happening with their Middle Eastern wars. We have sought to convey the great moral, political, and social urgency of standing up for Bradley Manning. Note that Daniel Ellsberg undertook similar actions, with more highly-classified documents, and was not imprisoned. And the elite media benefited hugely from Manning’s disclosures, but treat him now as part-traitor.
Instead of feasting their feat, innocent men and women of all ages were limping and crying. In a matter of seconds, Boston became Baghdad on the tax day. Bodies, blood and broken limbs were on the streets of Boston and … Continue reading
The takeaway: We see and hear of victims of terrorism in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Palestine, Pakistan, and Afghanistan every day. The death of an innocent, no matter where, is nothing short of horrifying.
Ten years ago today, Banen Al-Sheemary remembers sitting in front of the television watching the sky turn bright yellow from the massive blasts as the US invaded Iraq. She had left the country with her family during the 1991 U.S. invasion. She returned to Iraq in 2012.
You can’t be taken seriously in Washington unless you supported the Iraq disaster. The rule still holds: NPR lauds Ken Pollack
That was then, this is now, the Netanyahu edition: When it comes to trying to bully the United States into setting “red lines” or even perhaps initiating a war of aggression, Benjamin Netanyahu has stuck to the same script for a decade now.
Our fundraiser just ended (thank you!), but you can still get a copy of Moshe Machover’s exciting and challenging new book, “Israelis and Palestinians: Conflict and Resolution”, by donating $60 by the end of July. Phil interviews Machover on the book, reflections on his 40 years as a socialist intellectual and activist, and what he sees for the future of the Middle East.
What will Jewish mean if there is no Jewish state?
Not on the front page: NYT’s David Sanger ‘presumes’ we’re conducting covert hostilities against North Korea
David Sanger’s vaguenesses. He says Stuxnet wiped out centrifuges, then admits we have no idea what damage it caused. Oh and we’re having a covert war with North Korea
To have a foreign-policy career in D.C., you have to be pro-war
Goldberg’s back pages: abusive statements about Palestinians, Saddam link to Al Qaeda, and Iraq war is ‘act of profound morality’
Jeffrey Goldberg covered up for a prison beating when he was an Israeli prison guard and spoke of himself as an Israeli in subsequent writings
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
Cable networks were afraid that critics of the Iraq war would be “un-American,” so they fostered the interventionist mood
What more do you need to understand about the situation in Palestine?
WAFA: The Israeli authorities Tuesday forced four Palestinian families to demolish with their own hands their homes in Wadi al-Maleh area in the northern part of the occupied Jordan Valley as a prelude to evacuate the area from its Palestinian residents, according to a local activist.
Land Theft & Destruction / Restriction of Movement / Refugees Settlers burn down ancient tree in Hebron HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers set fire to a 1,000-year-old olive tree in central Hebron overnight Friday, witnesses said. Local activist Issa Amro said … Continue reading
Wisecracking Rumsfeld tries to sound like a man of peace on Charlie Rose
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade
Land / Property and Resource Theft / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement Israeli gov’t funds new settlement project Ramallah, May 29 (Petra) — Israel’s municipality of Jerusalem and the Ministry of Tourism will jointly earmark more than $4 million … Continue reading
Why are no establishment liberal institutions taking strong antiwar positions, as they did during the Vietnam era?
Ethnic Cleansing / Land Theft & Destruction / Occupation & Apartheid / Exile & Restriction of Movement / Refugees Report: Israel issued 13,000 demolition orders against Palestinian real estate Haaretz newspaper said the Israeli civil administration issued 13,000 demolition warnings … Continue reading
Senate fight today over Palestinian ‘refugees’ Thirty U.S. senators will vote today over whether there really are 5 million Palestinian “refugees” or just around 30,000 — a hot-button issue that has already become the subject of a vigorous international debate involving … Continue reading