- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 31
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 6
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 5
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 13
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 13
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 11
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 8
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 18
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 0
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 0
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 0
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 0
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 66
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 61
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/08/2013 - http://t.co/Sr6Bni50le, 2 hours ago
- RT @CiFWatch: Just like his writings, @MaxBlumenthal's new twitter image is a fabrication http://t.co/dvrg13wR2k, 9 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Letter from @standwithus demanding cancellation of @AMPalestine event cited presence of @AliAbunimah and others and quoted ADL blacklist 2/3, 10 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: I'm at @AMPalestine conference. Chinese SoCal Cultural Center canceled our dinner after pressure from extreme Zionist group @StandWithUs 1/3, 10 hours ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Nelson #Mandela said a lot of things you won't hear about in mainstream coverage this week. Here's some of it: http://t.co/PXp8BVOxB8, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (41)
- Annie Robbins: they both clearly have problems with the contents of the book itself point taken sibiriak, but...
- Warpaint and terrorists (9)
- Elliot: Thanks for the geography lesson. Who knew the West Bank was so close to Israel? People are interested in...
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′ (66)
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies (13)
- Walid: From the very start of the Zionist enterprise, it has always been about water, water, and water. It wss never...
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace Bedouins (13)
- Ecru: Well obviously – it’s true and they know it. Nothing annoys a Zionist like the truth.
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela (5)
- Ecru: @ Seafoid Maybe I’m just ubercynical but it seems to me that LOTS of people know the true history of...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (31)
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (41)
Category Archives: Turkey
With the window on the Two State solution already closed, the Three State solution seems absurd. After the laughter subsides, though, take a look at the geopolitics in the evolving Middle East.
Turkish PM raises Mavi Marmara at White House press conf, calls grow for Obama to investigate killing of Furkan Doğan
Yesterday, President Obama held a joint press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Although the focus was on Syria, and the myriad scandals overtaking the White House in the past week, Israel/Palestine came up as well.
I have argued for years that Israel’s only route for integration into the Middle East is through Palestinians. Without a just resolution of the Palestinian issue, Israel will forever be isolated, turning to the West for support and living in its “dangerous neighborhood” as a militarized pariah. Contra my argument, what if Israel’s way into the Middle East is through its military dominance and becoming a significant cooperative player in the “stabilization” of the Middle East – without a real Palestinian state?
Suggestions of a rapprochement between Turkey and Israel following Benjamin Netanyahu’s apology “for any error that may have led to loss of life” during Israel’s raid on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla now appear to have been somewhat premature. Although Foreign Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu said on 25 March that Turkey’s main demands had been met,more recent reports tell of growing Turkish dissatisfaction with the deal.
In May 2010, 18-year-old American citizen Furkan Dogan (above) was shot at point-blank range by Israeli naval commandos as he was standing on the deck of a ship and filming the violent raid on the flotilla to Gaza. The Center for Constitutional Rights has published materials acquired through the Freedom of Information Act which document the U.S. government’s actions in the aftermath of the flotilla attack. They provide compelling evidence of how the U.S. government abandoned one of its own citizens who was killed by the Israeli military.
Netanyahu meeting with foreign diplomats to ‘prepare international public opinion for an Israeli operation in Gaza’
Large Scale Israeli Offensive On Gaza Likely Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that … Continue reading
Seven hundred Kurdish political prisoners have been on hunger strike in Turkey for the past 60 days and many are now in critical condition. However, their efforts were given a boost in the last week. 10,000 people decided to join the hunger strike following a November 5th statement by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and his AKP government that ignored all the demands of the hunger strike, denied its existence and then alleged that it was only a bunch of hoodlums.
Sabra & Shatila massacre of Palestinians Eyewitness Robert Fisk & Odd Karsten Tveit Sabra and Shatila, 30 years later Sabra and Shatila: Thirty Years On On the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre in which hundreds of … Continue reading
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
What more do you need to understand about the situation in Palestine?
WAFA: The Israeli authorities Tuesday forced four Palestinian families to demolish with their own hands their homes in Wadi al-Maleh area in the northern part of the occupied Jordan Valley as a prelude to evacuate the area from its Palestinian residents, according to a local activist.
The nine Turks killed aboard the relief ship trying to bring supplies to Gaza 2 years ago are remembered by those they sought to help
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade
Land / Property and Resource Theft / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement Israeli gov’t funds new settlement project Ramallah, May 29 (Petra) — Israel’s municipality of Jerusalem and the Ministry of Tourism will jointly earmark more than $4 million … Continue reading
Senate fight today over Palestinian ‘refugees’ Thirty U.S. senators will vote today over whether there really are 5 million Palestinian “refugees” or just around 30,000 — a hot-button issue that has already become the subject of a vigorous international debate involving … Continue reading
Detainees and Other Prisoner News Palestinians arrest 10 Islamic Jihad members Palestinian security forces arrested 10 members of the Islamic Jihad in the Jenin refugee camp on Monday, a local leader of the radical movement said. link to news.yahoo.com Islamic … Continue reading
Eight Palestinian farmers are injured in an unprovoked attack
Israeli officer threatens to rape Palestinian activists in custody (if this happened in Syria it would be headline news)
Israel faces major West Bank uprising over hunger strikers
A video shows heavily-armed Israeli soldiers seizing three children from their home in the middle of the night in the West Bank village of Beit Ommar
After Israeli army nightly incursion into Kufr Qadum accompanied by massive arrest of villagers , the children of the village have come out in protest with a message to the occupying army and the world: “You Arrested Our Fathers, So We Lead the Demonstration Today”. The weekly demonstration has again been brutally suppressed by the army, who blacked all entrances to the village, took hold of a home, made use of the “Skunk”, and fired the usual dose of teargas and shock rounds.
Two days ago the Israeli military raided a house in Hebron’s old city, evicting Palestinian and international activists who hoped to prevent it from being taken over by settlers.
Continued US involvement in the ‘peace process’ will only dampen the Israel-Palestine conflict or cover for more Israeli settlement. Not till the Gulf states tell the U.S. to get lost will the power balance in the region change and the conflict be resolved
Several dozen settlers move into property located near Cave of Patriarchs; say they have legal ownership. Palestinian owner detained by PA police.
A seven-month-old baby in Gaza died on Friday evening after medical equipment he was connected to switched off as a result of a power cut, a Hamas-affiliated TV channel said. Gaza medical spokesman Adham Abu Salmiya confirmed the incident, adding that the infant was born with respiratory problems and doctors had recommended the use of mechanical breathing apparatus to be used at home.