- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ … 18
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim 15
- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 5
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 14
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) 42
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 2
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 60
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 60
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 0
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 0
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 0
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 74
- RT @alexbkane: DAM in Ramallah http://t.co/MIRu1HwO0T, 3 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi sees John Kerry’s failure strengthening the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW #BDS, 5 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi says US opposition to reunification of Palestinian parties exposes the “farce” of the peace process http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW, 5 hours ago
- Khalidi: It's time for Palestinians 'to get off their knees' and turn to Europe and ICC http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW http://t.co/UkS8SEPdaq, 5 hours ago
- Report: Starbucks to buy 10% stake in SodaStream http://t.co/gffMLICMkv, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (77)
- Bumblebye: @hophmi “”[[space reserved for hophmi to try and dissemble about the comments from Shmuel,...
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (18)
- pabelmont: I always get a kick (of a sort) out of the idea that anyone has “recognized” Israel as a...
- Hostage: to clarify my above comment, individuals are tried in the ICC, but only for crimes committed while acting...
- Hostage: only states can be sued in the ICC. Palestine is, unfortunately, not truly a state. Even though the UN...
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (42)
- Stephen Shenfield: The Israeli government can see that they now face a real threat of peace. It is natural that they...
- irishmoses: The reconciliation of Hamas and Fatah into a united Palestinian entity encompassing Gaza is a critical...
- Stephen Shenfield: Liar! Provocateur! Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim (15)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (51)
- yonah fredman: hey puppies, the genocidal nature of too many of the verses of the book of Numbers and Deuteronomy is...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (77)
Category Archives: Turkey
The Simon Wiesenthal Center’s has made a year-end list of the “Top Ten Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel Slurs,” citing ASA, Richard Falk, Alice Walker and Max Blumenthal as anti-Semites.
With the window on the Two State solution already closed, the Three State solution seems absurd. After the laughter subsides, though, take a look at the geopolitics in the evolving Middle East.
Turkish PM raises Mavi Marmara at White House press conf, calls grow for Obama to investigate killing of Furkan Doğan
Yesterday, President Obama held a joint press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Although the focus was on Syria, and the myriad scandals overtaking the White House in the past week, Israel/Palestine came up as well.
I have argued for years that Israel’s only route for integration into the Middle East is through Palestinians. Without a just resolution of the Palestinian issue, Israel will forever be isolated, turning to the West for support and living in its “dangerous neighborhood” as a militarized pariah. Contra my argument, what if Israel’s way into the Middle East is through its military dominance and becoming a significant cooperative player in the “stabilization” of the Middle East – without a real Palestinian state?
Suggestions of a rapprochement between Turkey and Israel following Benjamin Netanyahu’s apology “for any error that may have led to loss of life” during Israel’s raid on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla now appear to have been somewhat premature. Although Foreign Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu said on 25 March that Turkey’s main demands had been met,more recent reports tell of growing Turkish dissatisfaction with the deal.
In May 2010, 18-year-old American citizen Furkan Dogan (above) was shot at point-blank range by Israeli naval commandos as he was standing on the deck of a ship and filming the violent raid on the flotilla to Gaza. The Center for Constitutional Rights has published materials acquired through the Freedom of Information Act which document the U.S. government’s actions in the aftermath of the flotilla attack. They provide compelling evidence of how the U.S. government abandoned one of its own citizens who was killed by the Israeli military.
Netanyahu meeting with foreign diplomats to ‘prepare international public opinion for an Israeli operation in Gaza’
Large Scale Israeli Offensive On Gaza Likely Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that … Continue reading
Seven hundred Kurdish political prisoners have been on hunger strike in Turkey for the past 60 days and many are now in critical condition. However, their efforts were given a boost in the last week. 10,000 people decided to join the hunger strike following a November 5th statement by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and his AKP government that ignored all the demands of the hunger strike, denied its existence and then alleged that it was only a bunch of hoodlums.
Sabra & Shatila massacre of Palestinians Eyewitness Robert Fisk & Odd Karsten Tveit Sabra and Shatila, 30 years later Sabra and Shatila: Thirty Years On On the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre in which hundreds of … Continue reading
Palestinian villagers demand Guinness entry for demolition record Residents of an Arab village in Israel demanded entry into Guinness World Records for breaking a record in the number of demolitions carried out by Israeli authorities. The Bedouin village of al-Araqeeb, … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Land and Resource Theft & Destruction / Refugees & Occupation Israel admits it revoked residency rights of quarter million Palestinians since 1967 Many of those prevented from returning were students or young professionals, working aboard to support … Continue reading
What more do you need to understand about the situation in Palestine?
WAFA: The Israeli authorities Tuesday forced four Palestinian families to demolish with their own hands their homes in Wadi al-Maleh area in the northern part of the occupied Jordan Valley as a prelude to evacuate the area from its Palestinian residents, according to a local activist.
The nine Turks killed aboard the relief ship trying to bring supplies to Gaza 2 years ago are remembered by those they sought to help
9th grade Palestinian boy arrested at 3:45 am, soldier leans close and whispers ‘F*ck your mother’ as they haul him off
A Silwan Story: Palestinian Child Arrested, Abused by Israeli Authorities and Barred From Finishing 9th Grade
Land / Property and Resource Theft / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement Israeli gov’t funds new settlement project Ramallah, May 29 (Petra) — Israel’s municipality of Jerusalem and the Ministry of Tourism will jointly earmark more than $4 million … Continue reading
Senate fight today over Palestinian ‘refugees’ Thirty U.S. senators will vote today over whether there really are 5 million Palestinian “refugees” or just around 30,000 — a hot-button issue that has already become the subject of a vigorous international debate involving … Continue reading
Detainees and Other Prisoner News Palestinians arrest 10 Islamic Jihad members Palestinian security forces arrested 10 members of the Islamic Jihad in the Jenin refugee camp on Monday, a local leader of the radical movement said. http://news.yahoo.com/palestinians-arrest-10-islamic-jihad-members-072842106.html Islamic Jihad holds … Continue reading
Eight Palestinian farmers are injured in an unprovoked attack
Israeli officer threatens to rape Palestinian activists in custody (if this happened in Syria it would be headline news)
Israel faces major West Bank uprising over hunger strikers
A video shows heavily-armed Israeli soldiers seizing three children from their home in the middle of the night in the West Bank village of Beit Ommar
After Israeli army nightly incursion into Kufr Qadum accompanied by massive arrest of villagers , the children of the village have come out in protest with a message to the occupying army and the world: “You Arrested Our Fathers, So We Lead the Demonstration Today”. The weekly demonstration has again been brutally suppressed by the army, who blacked all entrances to the village, took hold of a home, made use of the “Skunk”, and fired the usual dose of teargas and shock rounds.
Two days ago the Israeli military raided a house in Hebron’s old city, evicting Palestinian and international activists who hoped to prevent it from being taken over by settlers.
Continued US involvement in the ‘peace process’ will only dampen the Israel-Palestine conflict or cover for more Israeli settlement. Not till the Gulf states tell the U.S. to get lost will the power balance in the region change and the conflict be resolved
Several dozen settlers move into property located near Cave of Patriarchs; say they have legal ownership. Palestinian owner detained by PA police.