- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 0
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 1
- Why is U.S. backing Israel’s refusal to negotiate with Hamas? … 7
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 0
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 55
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 30
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 42
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 10
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 74
- From McMecca to McJerusalem http://t.co/tyyd1oYQRK, 45 mins ago
- .@alexbkane reports from the Jenin refugee camp & finds little excitement for the Palestinian reconciliation deal http://t.co/LT006TPRKy, 52 mins ago
- In August Majd Lahlouh was 1st from Jenin refugee camp killed by Israeli forces since talks began. He wasn’t the last http://t.co/LT006TPRKy, 55 mins ago
- BDS activists leaflet @benandjerrys shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements http://t.co/LqyUQnl8x9 http://t.co/3hxkXbiki8, 1 hour ago
- Read excerpts from yesterday's State Dept briefing questioning negative US reax to Palestinian reconciliation deal http://t.co/DIwK1Kexa1, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements (1)
- Herb Glatter: Thanks Mark I was concerned that I wouldn’t have anything to post on Facebook page Mondodreck.
- Why is U.S. backing Israel’s refusal to negotiate with Hamas? — reporters blitz State Dep’t (7)
- Giles: Les: Always will? I don’t think so. This power the Lobby has over the US elites will come to an end. It...
- Les: The simple answer is that that the US backs the Israeli leadership no matter what, always has and always will.
- Justpassingby: Why? Obvious – palestinians are weak if they (hamas/fatah) are enemies.
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (50)
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (30)
- talknic: @ Shuki “The reason most Jews support Israel is because ..” … they’ve been fed a...
- hophmi: Well, that’s nice. So when are we going to hear it from a Hamas official? You trust Rajoub now?
- Citizen: @ David Doppler I feel the same way: fuck elitism. Near the end of last year, the CBO issued a document,...
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (55)
- RobertB: After watching the video…reading the article…and some of the comments on this thread…the...
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements (1)
Tag Archives: peace process
As organized opposition to Kerry’s initiative grows in Israel, with an ad campaign citing Ariel Sharon’s resolve to keep the Jordan Valley (above), New York Democratic Congressperson Eliot Engel criticizes Kerry and Obama in an Israeli Hebrew language newspaper. “My heart tells me that every Jew has the right to live in any place in Israel and that includes Judea and Samaria,” he says.
David Ignatius adds another chapter to the endless corporate media narrative of Palestinian rejectionism in a recent Washington Post column. The column relies on former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice’s description in her memoir of a proposed Israeli peace offer … Continue reading
The recent Palestinian UN bid and this weeks Palestinian acceptance to UNESCO has once again put the “Peace Process” front and center. Listening to Netanyahu and the U.S. Administration, getting the Israelis and Palestinians “back to the negotiating table” is … Continue reading
Usually Gideon Levy’s razor-sharp commentaries in Haaretz get to the heart of the matter, but I think he blew a gasket with his latest, comparing the P.A.’s bid for statehood to early Zionist politics. Sure, there are a few tenuous … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
As the United States sends envoy George Mitchell to grasp at straws in hopes of restarting negotiations to create a Palestinian state after the Israeli government refused to curb settlement construction, Obama’s inability to entice Netanyahu’s coalition to comply with … Continue reading
Robert Grenier, CIA’s chief of station in Islamabad, Pakistan, from 1999 to 2002 and director of the CIA’s counter-terrorism center, writes in disbelief at the current Obama administration strategy with the peace process (which he considers long dead). He comments … Continue reading
From the always-entertaining Matt Bors, who works for many newspapers in the U.S. and lives in Portland. Thanks to Ali Gharib:
Eldad Yaniv in Haaretz is trying to save Partition, save the two-state solution. None of that desperation has yet come to the U.S., where we don’t have a clue about the crisis. It will come soon. Peevish post: Note that … Continue reading
I just finished watching a live transmission of the Knesset vote on the referendum law. The law, which passed at a majority of 65 to 33, conditions any Israeli withdrawal from any of its territory – into which Israel, alone in … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting if gag-producing piece by David Horovitz, the editor of the Jerusalem Post, on how the relationship between Israel and the U.S. has chilled. The piece seeks “bitterly, to underline” how the romance between the countries has ended. … Continue reading
The New York Times published two articles over the weekend with almost identical headlines. The first, by Mark Landler, quotes an “official” (with no clue as to which government, Israeli or US, that official represents) characterizing $3 billion worth of military … Continue reading
To its credit, the Times faults Netanyahu in its editorial on the peace process today. I was shocked by the news in this editorial that Hillary Clinton spent 7 hours with Netanyahu on Thursday. What’s that about? Isn’t it time … Continue reading
On Thursday, Palestinian chief negotiatior Saeb Erakat sat down for an hour and half “conversation” with former peace processor Aaron David Miller at the Woodrow Wilson Center in DC. They spoke in a cozy theater on the sixth floor, a … Continue reading
Rabin was assassinated 15 years ago today. Bill Clinton is on the NYT op-ed page with a piece called, “Finish Rabin’s Work,” saying it is time to cut the two-state deal we all know everyone agreed on. A reader writes, … Continue reading
Tony Karon, one of the few journalists in the mainstream media who writes sensibly and intelligently about Palestine/Israel, has an interesting article on the “peace process” over at Time. According to Karon, Abbas believes that one of Netanyahu’s demands will … Continue reading
Forgive my cynicism, but you will not see me holding my breath in anticipation of a comprehensive and just conclusion to the Arab-Israeli conflict, not this time around, not even with Mr. Change himself at the helm of negotiations. To … Continue reading
As yet another boat—a Jewish one this time—is forcefully boarded by the Israeli navy while attempting to run the blockade of Gaza, a natural question for many Americans is: Why are boats still trying to run the blockade when Abbas … Continue reading
And other news from Today in Palestine:
Didi Remez has the results of an interesting poll from today’s Yediot Ahronoth on Israeli attitudes toward the peace process. Here are the findings: Q: Should Netanyahu extend the settlement construction freeze after September 26, or should construction be resumed? … Continue reading
Considering the reality of the occupation, why should the Palestinians continue with the peace talks farce? Mark Landler and Isabel Kershner’s article from today’s New York Times, updates the rocky state of the nonnegotiations. The Palestinians are being pressed by … Continue reading
The Nobel Prize award winning show, "The Peace Industry" comes back for its 19th season on September 2nd, after an almost 2 year hiatus. It is one of the longest running and most popular shows in TV history. The pilot episode of the … Continue reading