As a mission-driven, nonprofit news organization, we accept advertising only from sponsors whose practices do not violate our values. Foremost among these is the principle of equality and full human rights for all who live in Israel/Palestine or who are refugees living in exile from their homes in historic Palestine.
We reserve the right to reject advertising from any entity that, in our sole discretion, works against this principle; practices bigotry of any kind, destructive labor or environmental practices, or other systematic exploitation; may offend our readers; or promotes visually, verbally or by reputation ideas or information that is: patently false, libelous, exploitative, hateful, or would be detrimental to the social responsibilities of the organization.
- All advertisements are subject to Mondoweiss’s approval before payment is made, and must be descriptive in nature only. No guarantee is offered here that all ads will be accepted for display on Mondoweiss.net.
- Mondoweiss reserves the right to decline any advertisements submitted, for reasons described on this page or if material submitted fails to meet the visual and production standards of our publication.
- Mondoweiss also reserves the right to request design adjustments for any ad submitted that we believe will not perform well, based on our Design Principles and Specifications for Mondoweiss Ads.
- Where required by U.S. electoral or other law, requests for advertising should include verifiable sources of funding.
- All ads on the Mondoweiss website are banner ads with clickable links to landing pages where advertisers are in complete control of the longer message.
- Mondoweiss does not endorse or approve of any messages that exist outside the Mondoweiss website.
- We will not allow any advertisements counter to our values of full human equality and fundamental human rights. Advertisers can be confident that their message will not appear next to any that might be offensive.
- Unacceptable advertising: Mondoweiss will decline any advertising material which it deems to be
- Sales pitches, puffery (“This is the best flashlight ever made”), comparison advertising, or deadline-driven pricing incentives (“Act now to receive 10% discount”).
- Political Ads: Messages in support of or against a specific political figure, candidate or party. Issue messages must stick to the issue and may not be directed at a political figure or promote a political candidate or party.
- Advocacy/Lobbying Ads: Ads that reference a specific piece of legislation, or advocate for or against legislative change (i.e., “Contact your legislator about this issue”).
- Mondoweiss makes no representations or guarantees as to how long an ad will run for a given purchase of total impressions.
- Mondoweiss reserves the right to reject or cancel advertising without notice.
- All position instructions on orders are considered as requests only.
- All orders are accepted subject to rates in effect on the date of submission. Failure to charge or otherwise deliver in accordance with the rate card is regarded as a clerical error, and publication is made and charged upon terms of schedule in force without further notice.
- Cancellations or changes in orders may not be considered executed unless acknowledged by Mondoweiss.
- Mondoweiss will not be bound by any conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders, or copy instructions, which conflict with set policies.
- All advertising is published upon the understanding that the advertiser and the agency assume full and complete responsibility and liability for advertising submitted, printed, or published. Advertisers and their agencies will indemnify and hold Mondoweiss harmless from and against loss or expense arising from publication of such advertisements including, but not limited to, those resulting from claims or suits for libel, violation of rights or privacy, plagiarism, and copyright infringement.
- The liability of Mondoweiss for any error for which Mondoweiss may be held legally responsible will not exceed the cost of the space.
- All advertising insertion orders are accepted subject to the condition that Mondoweiss should have no liability for failure to execute accepted advertising orders because of acts of God, governmental restrictions, fires, strikes, accidents, or other occurrences beyond the publisher’s control (whether like or unlike any of those enumerated herein).
- In the event of nonpayment, Mondoweiss reserves the right to hold the advertiser and/or the advertising agency liable for such monies as are due and payable to Mondoweiss.
For more information or to submit an ad, (240) 516-6636 or contact email@example.com.
To view more Advertising information click HERE.
For a printable version of Mondoweiss’ rate card, click HERE.