I Know Why Bill Clinton Is So Angry and Bitter

Yesterday Bill Clinton smeared Obama by saying it would be great to have a general election between two people who love their country and are devoted to its interests, Hillary and McCain. Clinton is acting like Joe McCarthy, says a retired general who works for Obama. And just wait, if Hillary is the nominee, Clinton will turn on McCain quicker than a duck on a junebug.

If you disliked Clinton as much as I did in his second term, it’s gratifying to see the new-old Bill Clinton; it’s revising his image for the American people. Now a lot of people are seeing his vicious side.

But I don’t think Bill Clinton was this mean in the old days, and it makes me wonder. He seems desperate to get back into the White House. He seems desperate about his legacy. I think the emotional bottom line for Clinton is that he is angry and bitter about Impeachment, regards it as a piece of partisan and unfair damage to his otherwise-sparkling record. He hates the giant asterisk hanging over him forever, he hates all the people like me who played the fiddle while Washington was burning in ’99.  And he thinks that if Hillary gets in, he will get to have a third and fourth term. That way he can do even more great works, and push Impeachment down to the second paragraph of his obituary. Getting Impeachment into the second paragraph; that’s his motivation. And he sees his opportunity slipping away.

Posted in US Politics

{ 18 comments... read them below or add one }

1. William Burns says:

Clinton said "two people." He didn't say "two people, Hillary and McCain." And maybe, just maybe, you should consider the fact that the guy loves his wife. He wouldn't be the first cheating husband of which that were true.

2. Protest I says:

Why are such shady figures linked to Obama?

link to rochesterconservative.com

Rezko – Nadhmi Auchi …?

3. Superb insight, Phil. Thank you for it.

4. bondo says:

i could not stand clinton 1st term and 2nd. didnt care for the republicans either.

if clinton didnt like the impeachment, he should have said, "none of your damned business".

he and his wife are parasites.

5. scorpio says:

he never had any great works. that's why he's so bitter. he knows he's a fraud, his second term was simply a personality cult (who do u like more, me or Ken Starr?) with no attempt to push Democratic or progressive or liberal agendas BECAUSE he's none of those things: he's a grifter from Arkansas who just wanted to be in the Billionaire Boys' Club. END OF STORY. now he's completely freaked out because Democrats no longer need his sorry ass or his pseudo-Republican wife. they will not stop because they would rather destroy the Democratic Party (as they helped Greenspan do in 1994) than not be objects of worship by simple-minded liberals who love a guy "who feels their pain". get on the talk-show circuit, Bill, or keep hanging out w Poppy Bush at the latest tsunami or w Bono dealing w aids in Africa instead of real problems of the 80% of americans who've been screwed by the laissez-faire capitalism of the last 25 years (including 8 yrs of HillBilly)

6. "He's a grifter from Arkansas who just wanted to be in the Billionaire Boys' Club. END OF STORY."

Well, that may be the end of the story, but it ignores the beginning: Bill Clinton was charming and has an IQ in the stratosphere.

7. anon says:

Re Syvia Fishman and the jewification (sp) of American culture

Does she think that it is a good thing or a bad thing?

is she echoing any of Weiss concerns?

8. bondo says:

high iq, if such truly the case, means very little. no morals. no ethics. no empathy. there is greed. greed goes best with high iq.

9. Richard Witty says:

Clinton did nothing in his second term because there was a dominant republican Congress. Remember the government shutdown?

Even the things he accomplished weren't as great as I would have liked. NAFTA, GATT, Welfare "reform".

The one thing that was DIFFERENT about the Clinton administration was that the regulating agencies and welfare agencies actually did their jobs.

Also, he retained a progressive tax structure, that resulted for the first time in 40 years in fiscal a surplus.

Now we have comprehensive incompetence, and need an alternative.

McCain might govern, or might not. He might be more committed to low taxation AND war at the same time, than to upholding the obligations of the office, to administer.

Clinton would likely. Obama is unknown, but the prospect of actually reviewing policies for the welfare of the country and world, and the encouragement to youth to learn and serve, is worth the slight risk.

10. Jim Haygood says:

"I don't think Bill Clinton was this mean in the old days, and it makes me wonder. He seems desperate to get back into the White House. He seems desperate about his legacy. I think the emotional bottom line for Clinton is that he is angry and bitter about Impeachment."

All true. But it goes deeper than that. Remember that photo of a youthful Bill Clinton shaking hands with John Kennedy? He's been running for office since he was a kid in short pants. Photo link:

link to tinyurl.com

Unlike Hillary, who sees people as objects to be manipulated, Bill shares the craving of the actor or performer who feeds on crowd energy, the bright lights, the adulation of the people. Being the center of attention provides him with a heightened sense of reality. Not to mention a hard-on — the loathsome Kissinger said that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. And if you've ever spent time in the Capitol, you know that besides the grayhair politicians, the place is crawling with sexually-charged twenty and thirty-somethings — the indentured servants who stay late to get the work done, then party their asses off to relieve the pressure and the frustration and the insanity.

Though post-presidential life has been lucrative for Bill, the drama is gone. No more hitting the road in the helicopter, the 747 and the convoy, to face the microphones, the audiences, the limelight. As Jim Morrison used to say about those fleeting moments on the stage, "You make me real."

Bill Clinton cannot feel real, unless he is in public office, making urgent decisions with billions of dollars and millions of lives at stake. He is a neutered silver specter, trying to get his mortal life back. You don't understand, Phil, how much it means to him. And in the case of Hillary, you don't even want to imagine the furtive drives which animate her twisted ambition. Because most folks would suffer a psychotic breakdown if exposed full force to Hillary's reptilian intelligence, coiling its stroboscopic jellyfish tentacles in angry red neural storms.

11. whocanthisbe says:

"Because most folks would suffer a psychotic breakdown if exposed full force to Hillary's reptilian intelligence, coiling its stroboscopic jellyfish tentacles in angry red neural storms."

link to google.com

12. Richard Witty:

I agree: under Clinton, I didn't lay awake at night worrying that my government was incompetent.

Now I do, at least figuratively.

And I loathe the fact that my tax money is taken to feed the useless beast called the federal government. I suspect that was the intent: to break the government so that people like me would withdraw support.

13. Castellio says:

But why not more general acknowledgment that he was brought down by a sting operation?

Do you really think Monica just "happened to be passing through".

14. Jim Haygood says:

"Hmm? This does not sound like rational assessment to me. Dear Jim. More like some kind of gynophobia."

Nawww, if anything I'm a gynophiliac like Bill hisself. But the first time I was in the same room with the Clintons was in October 1974, in the Leflar Auditorium at University of Arkansas Law School, when Bill was running for a House seat in the Third District. He made his stump speech, played the trumpet. Hillary was beaming admiringly from the front row. He couldn't introduce her as his wife, because they didn't get married till a year later (one of the reasons he lost the election in conservative northwest Arkansas — rumors were already going around). Plus there were female student lovelies who didn't need to know they had a competitor.

So I move to freaking New York, the Clintons follow me here. Thirty-four (34) years later, they're still in my face, hounding me for my vote, so that they can "improve" my wretched existence for yet another eight years. And by then their damned daughter will be of electable age. Beam me up, Scotty, I'm tired of this crummy planet.

15. neocognitism says:

Maybe he just needs the excellent health care package offered to spouses of the President? He's starting to look a little bent and wrinkled.

16. whatdidIuseagain? says:

>Nawww, if anything I'm a gynophiliac like Bill hisself34 years later<

Yes, I can understand. Even we old European feel slightly haunted by these new American dynasties.

You have my utter sympathy. ;-)

17. Who_Stole_this_Passage? says:

Who steals passages here?:

True. A gynophiliac with a taste for the unconventional.

18. Glenn Condell says:

'He hates the giant asterisk hanging over him forever, he hates all the people like me who played the fiddle while Washington was burning in '99.'

Well the media bear much of the blame for sure, but he didn't do himself any favours either. What amazed me is how meekly he allowed himself to be led to his doom. That barely concealed anger should not have been concealed, it should have been released. He had smarts enough, with the power of the Presidency, to take the VRWC on and win – to ridicule, challenge and bait the beast out into the open. But he lay doggo, to his eternal shame.

One of the more important components of his 'legacy' is the media's shift from right-wing enabling to far-right wing enabling, leading in part to Iraq, and to the shameful journalistic silence in the MSM about continiung outrages committed upon the American body politic. He sat there fuming when he should have stood up, cleared his throat, and attacked.

He was a clever President, but a weak one.

Castellio – yes, the origins of Monica-gate are a bit of a mystery. Like the 911 Commission's attempt to get to the bottom of the attacks, or the strange reluctance to follow the Iraq war leads into Doug Feith's office and beyond.

It's not all Bill's fault; but you feel a bloke like him could have made a difference had he chosen to.