Sixteen years after the start of this war, we still hear Mr. Obama and John McCain and Mitt Romney and the British Prime Minister and the rest of them teling their electorates that we’re at war because they hate women in the work place and they hate elections and liberties….
They’re at war with us because of what our government does, not the way we live at home. As long as we are not adult enough to accept that… it certainly means that we ought to know that our policies are having an immense cost.
Host: What policies?
Surely our support for the Saudi Police state, our presence on the Arab peninsula, in Iraq, in Yemen, in Afghanistan, our unqualified support for Israel. The intersting thing sir is that these were all outlined by bin Laden in his declaration of war in 1996. Our political leaders in both parties have consistently told Americans in essence, forget what our enemy is saying, we know better what they’re thinking than they do. So we’re in this position that we believe that they’re all madmen and there’s only a limited number of them that we can kill one at a time.
Host: Would you change our policy with Israel and Saudi?
We can’t sir, we can’t do either one. The Israeli lobby controls our politics and the Saudi Arabians controls the most important reserves of oil. The United States government is like Gulliver, it’s strapped to the ground…. We’re stuck in the middle east and we’ll have to keep taking the pounding we’ve been taking….
Because we’ve taken no cognizance of [our enemies' motivation], we’ve given the next generation away to the Islamists. We’ve made no dent in the appeal of people who want to get us out of their neighborhood…
You don’t have to change your policies. If you want to support the Israelis [that's fine].. But we ought not to believe that the enemy is not inspired by that…
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 4
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 28
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 38
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 4
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 18
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 9
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 8
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 107
- Israel lobby group compiles secret dossiers on pro-Palestinian speakers 102
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 84
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 4 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 4 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 8 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 9 hours ago
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department 'midwives' democracy http://t.co/2nA5CBXhOc, 9 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (40)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (28)
- RudyM: There definitely is a Word of Life church in Kiev connected to Ulf Ekman, so apparently yes:...
- DICKERSON3870: P.S. ALSO SEE – “Ukraine: Secretive Neo-Nazi Military Organization Involved in Euromaidan...
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “We’ve invested over $5 billion to assist Ukraine in these and other goals that will ensure...
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the ‘peace process’ (18)
- seafoid: Bibi has a great strategy. Kick the can down the road . Never fails.
- State Dept to ‘check out’ vicious attack on Palestinian athletes (80)
- gamal: “just imagine what would have happened to the players in Saudi Arabia or Mali!” exactly also kicking...
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to another form of bigotry? (108)
- lyn117: @JeffB Recent immigrants to the U.S. come here almost exclusively to become U.S. citizens and adopt...
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ (9)
- Clif Brown: You would think it standard practice to have a large digital timer on the wall that officials could not...