Sixteen years after the start of this war, we still hear Mr. Obama and John McCain and Mitt Romney and the British Prime Minister and the rest of them teling their electorates that we’re at war because they hate women in the work place and they hate elections and liberties….
They’re at war with us because of what our government does, not the way we live at home. As long as we are not adult enough to accept that… it certainly means that we ought to know that our policies are having an immense cost.
Host: What policies?
Surely our support for the Saudi Police state, our presence on the Arab peninsula, in Iraq, in Yemen, in Afghanistan, our unqualified support for Israel. The intersting thing sir is that these were all outlined by bin Laden in his declaration of war in 1996. Our political leaders in both parties have consistently told Americans in essence, forget what our enemy is saying, we know better what they’re thinking than they do. So we’re in this position that we believe that they’re all madmen and there’s only a limited number of them that we can kill one at a time.
Host: Would you change our policy with Israel and Saudi?
We can’t sir, we can’t do either one. The Israeli lobby controls our politics and the Saudi Arabians controls the most important reserves of oil. The United States government is like Gulliver, it’s strapped to the ground…. We’re stuck in the middle east and we’ll have to keep taking the pounding we’ve been taking….
Because we’ve taken no cognizance of [our enemies' motivation], we’ve given the next generation away to the Islamists. We’ve made no dent in the appeal of people who want to get us out of their neighborhood…
You don’t have to change your policies. If you want to support the Israelis [that's fine].. But we ought not to believe that the enemy is not inspired by that…
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 0
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 32
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 6
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 22
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 29
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ … 37
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks … 10
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 143
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 105
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 85
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 78
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- RT @ChrisMcGreal: S African Jewish community adopted “attitude of neutrality” on apartheid - @timesofisrael. Neutrality on apartheid? http://t.co/SAtqPxfWue, 22 mins ago
- RT @AfricasaCountry: Rahim Kurwa (on @Mondoweiss): Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with same moral clarity as apartheid South Africa http://t.co/pNtYLEAV0B, 2 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/12/2013 - http://t.co/IaXnstX2mM, 4 hours ago
- RT @WordreamsTweets: @Mondoweiss article about the upcoming Gaza Writes Back, copyedited by Wordreams! http://t.co/Hsb8Vj8Gjz, 15 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Made a donation to @Mondoweiss. But didn't take the gift copy of @MaxBlumenthal's book. Got my copy already. Donate: https://t.co/kEg7uuogeA, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza Writes Back’ (6)
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (105)
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (78)
- piotr: It is inherently difficult to explain why this or that is “sane” to people who are not.
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (31)
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what ‘Americans did to the Indians’ (22)
- Woody Tanaka: It, and the world’s tepid reaction to it, was one of the primary bases on which Hitler decided...
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t drive because she is African (32)
- bilal a: Political correctness self awareness Test: If your child needed blood, which neighborhood blood drive would...