Sixteen years after the start of this war, we still hear Mr. Obama and John McCain and Mitt Romney and the British Prime Minister and the rest of them teling their electorates that we're at war because they hate women in the work place and they hate elections and liberties....
They're at war with us because of what our government does, not the way we live at home. As long as we are not adult enough to accept that... it certainly means that we ought to know that our policies are having an immense cost.
Host: What policies?
Surely our support for the Saudi Police state, our presence on the Arab peninsula, in Iraq, in Yemen, in Afghanistan, our unqualified support for Israel. The intersting thing sir is that these were all outlined by bin Laden in his declaration of war in 1996. Our political leaders in both parties have consistently told Americans in essence, forget what our enemy is saying, we know better what they're thinking than they do. So we're in this position that we believe that they're all madmen and there's only a limited number of them that we can kill one at a time.
Host: Would you change our policy with Israel and Saudi?
We can't sir, we can't do either one. The Israeli lobby controls our politics and the Saudi Arabians controls the most important reserves of oil. The United States government is like Gulliver, it's strapped to the ground.... We're stuck in the middle east and we'll have to keep taking the pounding we've been taking....
Because we've taken no cognizance of [our enemies' motivation], we've given the next generation away to the Islamists. We've made no dent in the appeal of people who want to get us out of their neighborhood...
You don't have to change your policies. If you want to support the Israelis [that's fine].. But we ought not to believe that the enemy is not inspired by that...
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish … 9
- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech 1
- Bradley Manning blows chance to have a gay wedding 0
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ … 6
- UN and Hunter College events feature plight of Bedouin refugees, … 1
- AIPAC promotes Netanyahu on two states (and ignores the statements … 0
- Jamal al-Dura calls on Israeli government to bring him his … 5
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the … 14
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1709
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1361
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 810
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 401
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 104
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 56
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 53
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish community’ http://t.co/gygE6OQrnP, 5 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Cpl Goldberg slams "veteran smear artist" https://t.co/Uc4sMIIv7E Yeah, about that... http://t.co/dTO4wxGpLF, 7 hours ago
- Voskamp on .@medeabenjamin: Obama’s chf of staff sitting behind me,seemd unfazed & wondered if he shd call off guards http://t.co/PUqQE1DDA0, 9 hours ago
- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech http://t.co/PUqQE1DDA0, 9 hours ago
- Bradley Manning blows chance to have a gay wedding http://t.co/I6Luwltzkq, 10 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish community’ (9)
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (49)
- Sumud: All Arab countries agree to accept the Green Line as Israel’s border with Palestine. Yes I know, but that...
- Jamal al-Dura calls on Israeli government to bring him his son (5)
- ToivoS: Larry Derfner at 972mag has a good article on this Israeli al Dura report. He makes a pretty good case that...
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ is Israel (6)
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (12)
- eGuard: What exactly was that four-sentence reply from CBS?
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ (14)
- DaBakr: Kerry was hired to try and bring back the feather to place in Obama’s cap which he is too...
- Philip Weiss
- Annie Robbins
- Marc H. Ellis
- Alex Kane
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Allison Deger