Israeli pours putrid skunk gas over homes in occupied Palestine

Skunking houses in Nabi Saleh
Skunking houses in Nabi Saleh

Three days ago, January 4, Haim Schwarczenberg took this photograph. He writes: “Skunk trunk spraying putrid liquid all over residential homes in the village of Nabi Saleh.”

If you’ve ever been to this village, you know that these are ordinary people’s homes, and that almost all the village, whether it likes it or not, is involved in resistance efforts to the takeover of its lands and spring by the neighboring Jewish colony, Halamish. Halamish is an illegal settlement under international law; but the United States says nothing about the human rights abuse and civil rights violations documented by Schwarczenberg above.

(Copyright and with permission of Haim Schwarczenberg — ‎at ‎Al Nabi Saleh – النبي صالح‎.‎)

This video below purports to describe the attacks. Hoping for a translation of the brave citizen’s confrontation with Israeli soldiers. A horrifying scene, out of the Warsaw Ghetto.

1. Dan Crowther
    January 7, 2013, 10:07 am

I wonder what loophole allows for this brand of chemical warfare…… WOW. Stay Classy, Israel.

• LanceThruster
      January 7, 2013, 2:31 pm

Just wait until they charge the Palestinians for the clean-up of the properties when they’re annexed (stolen) by the settlers (invaders).

• Boston
      January 8, 2013, 8:35 am

You read something like this and think what is wrong with these people. How did they become so hate filled, so arrogant, so sick.

But then you look back to the way Europeans treated non white native peoples all over the world and you see it is nothing unique.

Euros, at least, have out this blatant racism into the far past. The Ashkenazi are still wallowing in it

2. Avi_G.
    January 7, 2013, 10:26 am

At a recent conference with Israeli ambassadors, Shabak director Yoram Cohen claimed that Price Tag attackers are hard to catch because the attacks are carried out by 12-year-olds.

From Ynet:

“Referring to the “price tag” phenomenon, the Shin Bet chief said that it is not aimed at the Palestinians but rather against the State of Israel and that it was intended to deter the State from removing outposts.

According to Cohen, it is difficult to catch “price tag” executors, since 12-year-olds are carrying them out without the consent of their parents, rabbis or leadership.

Not only is there evidence to refute that baseless claim, but also, it’s quite bizarre that a 12-year-old can get a hold of a car and drive all the way to the Latrun Monastery to spray hate graffiti and throw fire bombs.

What’s worse, however, is that actions like these, with the IOF spraying entire neighborhoods with skunk water, is yet more proof that Price Tag attacks aren’t limited to a handful of fanatical colonists. No, the State of Israel itself carries out Price Tag attacks.

• WeAreAllMadeOfStars
      January 7, 2013, 3:32 pm

Avi, you are not suggesting that Israel uses children as some sort of human shield are you ?

• Avi_G.
        January 8, 2013, 1:10 pm

Come to think of it, I suppose that’s the gist of Cohen’s claim.

• marc b.
      January 8, 2013, 9:25 am

so what’s the problem? just drive up to a group of kids accused of throwing rocks, for example, beat them with truncheons, throw them in a van, and hold them incommunicado for a couple of days. it’s done all the time in israel, right?

• marc b.
        January 8, 2013, 12:38 pm

and read ‘malfeasance: appropriation by pollution’ by michel serres. modern pollution, intrusion of lighting/billboards into poor neighborhoods, etc. is analogous to practice of dogs marking their territory. even when the boss isn’t physically present, his scent is left behind.

• Avi_G.
        January 8, 2013, 1:15 pm

Of course it’s done all the time in Israel. But you have to be a member of a special club to enjoy such special treatment. For example, to join this club, you must be born into a Palestinian family, of a Palestinian mother and father. The requirements are rather strict in that regard.

And that is why many Israeli Jews are up in arms about this. They simply cannot believe that in this day and age those backward Palestinians are still ethnocentric to the point that they exclude Jews from said club.

3. amigo
    January 7, 2013, 10:44 am

What can you say about people who would lower themselves to this level.

Except maybe they are lower than a snakes belly.

Apologies to all snakes.

These people are vile and must make any decent Jew thoroughly embarrassed.

4. Mndwss
    January 7, 2013, 11:05 am

I can understand use of water cannons as a non lethal weapon against violent protesters, but you have to be evil to mix in smelly stuff and spray it on peoples homes.

But this is the most moral army in the universe, so i guess evil is OK…?

5. Woody Tanaka
    January 7, 2013, 11:58 am

Symbolic of the spread of the filth that is zionism.

6. pabelmont
    January 7, 2013, 1:27 pm

If this is one of Israel’s generous municipal services, surely they will do it in Jewish neighborhoods as well! (?)

7. Annie Robbins
    January 7, 2013, 2:08 pm

video added. if anyone can translate what the outraged man is saying i would love to know.

• talknic
      January 7, 2013, 2:24 pm

No need for a translation.

Israel is a brutal rogue state, acting in the most vile manner possible.

• Avi_G.
      January 7, 2013, 3:03 pm

Some of the sound is hard to decipher in the first few moments due to the man’s voice echoing between the buildings. But the audible parts can be summarized as:

(Paraphrased for brevity):

“Shame on you. Why do you spray this filth on our homes? You are the filthy ones. You are filthy cowards. Have you no shame?”

One of the soldiers orders him to go home, to which he responds:

“I can’t go home. My home now reeks. It’s unlivable. I have no home. Good job. Go tell your mothers how you spray skunk water at people’s homes. I’m sure they’ll be proud of you.”

He continues: “I’m not going home. You come with me to my house and see if you can stand being there for more than a second. I’m not going home. You should come and see the little boy that you sprayed. Come and see the little boy and what you did to him. ”

Soldier: “Calm down. Relax”.

Another soldier speaking in Arabic (Either an Arab Druze or a Bedouin): Let me tell you something, as an Arab.”

Palestinian man: “You’re not an Arab. He who sells himself like yourself can’t claim to be an Arab.”

• K Renner
        March 7, 2013, 6:57 am

So true.

• Basilio
      January 8, 2013, 4:07 am

I can’t really speak Hebrew, but I know Yeled means children, and it makes sense since he’s pointing to the fact that there are children why they’re doing this. Then he refers to a soldier who may be Arab (Druze?) and sees “He who sells himself is no Arab”. That’s the best I can do. He starts speaking in Hebrew and yelling and then uses Arabic at the end.

8. Obsidian
    January 7, 2013, 2:24 pm

” A horrifying scene, out of the Warsaw Ghetto.”

Oh please.

• Shingo
      January 7, 2013, 4:31 pm

So O take it you support these actions Obsidian?

• eGuard
      January 7, 2013, 4:57 pm

Obsidian, you were tricked. It was mentioned there so you had to read the whole piece.

• thankgodimatheist
      January 8, 2013, 1:14 am

” A horrifying scene, out of the Warsaw Ghetto. Oh please.”

Let me translate this fruit of the pathological Zionist mind : “How dare you compare this small nuisance to the greatest suffering the world has ever seen, OUR suffering! How dare you?”

• marc b.
      January 8, 2013, 2:35 pm

and how would you describe this practice then, obsid? no, wait, don’t bother. hamas sprays skunk juice into the jewish quarter in jerusalem: what’s the reaction?

• K Renner
        March 7, 2013, 7:04 am

“WAH! WAH! ANTI SEMITISM! ANTI SEMITISM! BOO HOO! BOO HOO!”

• K Renner
      March 7, 2013, 7:03 am

ha, you filthy hypocrite. You’d be bawling your eyes out and screaming about racism if some Palestinians poured a bucket of shit over some settler’s head.
      Come to think of it- I’d love to see that happen. It’d be hilarious.

9. karendevito
    January 7, 2013, 4:57 pm

Transcript by Anis Hamss:

Hebrew Part (00:10 – 2:29)

The Angry Man:

- Tell these to go to that house. (He’s talking about his house that got sprayed with waste-water)
    -None of you own anything to me, you’re sick (He pays the taxes– some people in specific zones in the West Bank are forced to pay taxes to Israel)
    - You even have a stinky smell.
    -With all due respect to your stinky smell
    -Go look at that 2-year old kid that you sprayed him with waste-water (He’s talking about his son)
    -Where is your leader, who’s in charge here?

Solder: Go back to your house
    The man: I’ve got no home, you destroyed it, there is no place to go to anymore
    - You go to my house and see for yourself
    - My house is full of rotten smells (They sprayed his house, and his little son with waste-water)

- I can’t get into my house!
    - I’m not telling jokes here!

- If you’re an officer, come with me and look at the boy
    - what should I have to tell his mother, and brothers, now? He got sprayed with waste-water?!
    - Come with me, if you think yourself a respectful solder
    - let the officer see the boy

Arabic PArt:

Photographer: That one is an Arab soldier! (Arab Druze are recruited into the army)

The man: What Arab! Whoever sprayed my house isn’t an Arab! Who sold himself for them isn’t an Arab!

- He’s certainly not an Arab! If he has any dignity, he wouldn’t do that! Go to Beersheba, your tents are demolished and your people got displaceed in Beersheba.
    (Arabs in Beersheba are also getting drafted into the army)

10. CloakAndDagger
    January 7, 2013, 5:01 pm

It is telling how jaded and desensitized I have become that this no longer shocks me. I just expect Israel to behave this way on a daily basis. Perhaps this is what it takes for the world to wake up.

Not in my name. Not on my dime.

• American
      January 7, 2013, 5:53 pm

I’ve accepted that Israel does have a *depraved indifference* to any lives except Jewish.
      But things like this that have no purpose except to dirty and spread filth still shock me….like it’s their ‘entertainment’ to contaminate everything not belonging to them.
      I can’t call them what I’d like to on here but I hope karma is the f’ing bitch she is said to be.

11. amigo
    January 7, 2013, 5:36 pm

The stench of Zionism delivered ala IDF,

A very moral thing to do.

12. piotr
    January 7, 2013, 5:44 pm

In bad old days IDF soldiers had to visit homes one by one and defecate in bedrooms, a procedure that was time consuming, undignified and relatively ineffective — the stink was easy to remove. Clearly, a technologically advanced country like Israel could not tolerate that situation.

The theory of new anti-Semitism (naS) tells us that disproportionate criticism of Israel, without comparing it with other countries is one hallmark of naS. So it should be stressed that Israel uses most hygienic and least violent means of terrorizing population among the countries that do terrorize some populations. Personally, I would put it as a positive example at any exhibition or fair of the new Israeli technology. Meet the researchers who improved the formula of skunk water so the stink cannot be removed for 3 weeks rather than 2. Interview them about their work, motivation and sense of achievement. Ask about the future projects, how they conduct experiments, let them tell you about the support they get from their families etc.

13. thankgodimatheist
    January 8, 2013, 1:08 am

The video, unlike the photo, talks of wasted water (myah a’dimah) not skunk gas but maybe they’re the same thing.

• thankgodimatheist
      January 8, 2013, 4:46 am

Would this photo make the news in any mainstream media? It wouldn’t and yet here it is in its highest symbolic power. The Israeli treatment of the indigenous population. “We shit on them”.

14. Jan
    January 8, 2013, 4:20 pm

Just another reason to hate Israel and everything for which it stands. As a Jew I am ashamed. As an American whose country supports these vile actions by the IDF and the Israeli government I am ashamed.

15. tanoli
    January 8, 2013, 5:38 pm

I get a kick when Fox News debates, “Why they hate us”

16. Clif Brown
    January 9, 2013, 11:29 pm

I think the highest priority should be to get quantities of this skunk water here in the United States so that people can smell it. A quart jar of the stuff would be great to have at any talk about what Israel is doing. It should be possible to obtain the stuff from those on the scene since the IDF is not stinting in the application. Shooting it with a fire cannon as seen in the photo means there are hundreds of gallons available for the taking. Runoff from roofs could be captured.