- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 84
- Watch: 9 Jewish activists arrested after occupying Friends of the … 8
- You are not Alone: To Palestinians on July 20, 2014 9
- Mr. Modi– do not court apartheid Israel in my name 8
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 75
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 41
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 22
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — … 22
- Video: Outraged constituents confront CT Senator Chris Murphy over support … 0
- Arrests without charge of American beating victim’s relatives in Jerusalem … 0
- Nicholas Kristof on how to end the Israel/Palestine conflict 0
- On the defensive, Barney Frank accuses Clemons and Kornacki of … 0
- Mr. Obama, spend one night with us in Shifa hospital, … 0
- The heart of the problem with Israel: The mass expulsion … 0
- Gaza City resident Amal Sarsour: ‘There is no place to … 0
- Israel warns media they are at risk of ‘injury or … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 229
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 214
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The trojan horse of liberal Zionism 105
- RT @jdakwar: Draft Human Rights Council resolution on #Gaza calls for the establishment of Goldstone-like commission of inquiry. http://t.co/9a13HD8IWQ, 30 mins ago
- RT @CoreyRobin: .@alexbkane has the report on that occupation of the Friends of the IDF office, and arrests by the NYPD, with video. http://t.co/CF6246miAf, 30 mins ago
- In a hospital. At the beach. Hamas, Israel tells us, is hiding among civilians | Richard Seymour http://t.co/TK05M4rTjV via @guardian, 42 mins ago
- RT @deep_beige: If you've got a killer joke always keep it circulating or it may get lost amid the tweets about victims of airstrikes http://t.co/UoslWYsild, 2 hours ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: FAA decision forcing change in Israeli narrative. Yesterday it was "we are under siege" today its "hey come back its totally safe here", 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘We have nothing left to lose. I would rather die with my family under the rubble of our house than have a humiliating truce’: Palestinian youth demand justice (68)
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (41)
- dbroncos: Palestinian journalist Rula Jibreal reading Chris Hays the riot act about media bias toward Israel. Wow!...
- Bumblebye: http://www.channel4.com/news/ Todays top stories are all from the region: Interview with Gen Yaakov...
- ckg: I should have added Said Arikat’s reply to Ms. Harf: QUESTION: Okay. That’s why We need more...
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship (100)
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in civil disobedience action (22)
- Mooser: “It is people like these who keep this anti-Israeli guy (me) from being anti-Semitic.” I suggest...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (75)
- Kay24: Other Arab nations seem to think throwing in some aid will solve everything. On the other hand, take a look...
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — Albright (22)
- Sycamores: Stephan M. Walt piece http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ stephen-m-walt/aipac-americ...
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
The light doesn’t get much greener than this: Obama admin gives Israel the go ahead to escalate in Gaza
Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes makes a very clear public declaration the US will have Israel’s back no matter what the government decides.
Shaul Mofaz wants the Orthodox and Palestinian Israelis to serve in the military. But his party, Kadima, has little power to bring this about
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
Eli Yishai, Israel’s Interior Minister, has a strong track record of racist anti-refugee remarks, and is representative of the “demographic threat” obsession that dominates Israeli politics.
It’s Good to be the King: Netanyahu scraps elections, buys off opposition and cements power with new unity gov’t
In a surprise move, Benjamin Netanyahu has cut a deal with Shaul Mofaz’s Kadima Party to join his coalition government, effectively canceling the Israeli elections he had just announced. Paul Mutter breaks down the deal and what it means for Israeli politics and a possible attack on Iran.
Toulouse killings demonstrate that Identity politics is a blind alley, for radical Islamists, and the far right in Europe
Two Israeli designers, Ronnie Adri and Michal Tamir, came up with a Facebook campaign called “Iranians We You” intended to “humanize” the Israeli people for Iranian Facebook users and express opposition to the government’s war talk.
The spoils of lawfare, or please do not pet the Islamists: Shurat HaDin’s 2012 ‘Ultimate Mission to Israel’
Shurat HaDin – an Israeli “lawfare” group that set up legal roadblock after roadblock against “Gaza Freedom Flotilla II” last year – has for several years offered tours of Israel that take in the sort of sights a military fanboy would love.
Adnan’s case, as numerous commentators rightly note, has drawn attention to Israel’s practice of administrative detention. But by promising to release Adnan, the Israeli government headed off what could have been an embarrassing political and legal debacle.
Boston.com just republished Shadid’s four day account of his journey through the West Bank in the spring of 2002. It’s worth quoting it at length; there’s no better way to mark Shadid’s career than letting his words speak for him.
Former police chief of Philadelphia and Miami, John Timoney, has been recruited by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry to advise the Bahrainis on policing strategies.
Noam Sheizaf has a smart piece up at Foreign Policy forecasting the results of the upcoming Knesset elections. It looks like Netanyahu is here to stay.
Multiple analysts have suggested that the postponement demonstrates the Israeli government’s contempt for Obama and an ongoing effort to back the president into a corner in an election year over Iran.
This article first appeared on the Arabist. According to Reuters, the Syrian National Council and the National Coordination Body for Democratic Change in Syria – the two largest opposition coalitions in Syria – signed on the last Friday of 2011 … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be nice if the heads of our own national security agencies spoke truth to power like this? Tamir Pardo, head of Mossad, had this to say to a roomful of Israeli ambassadors last week: “What is the significance … Continue reading
Dispossession of Palestinian land means theft of resources, unending
Nighttime arrests of Israel rightwing activists for alleged actions against Israeli army
From Haaretz: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz marked the three-year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead on Tuesday by hailing it “an excellent operation that achieved deterrence for Israel vis-a-vis Hamas.” However, he warned, cracks have … Continue reading
The UK, France, Germany and Portugal issued a joint statement today requesting that Israel cease all settlement construction in both East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces a “virtual” U.S. Embassy for Tehran.
There are good NGOs and bad NGOs in Tel Aviv’s eyes. The new Likud-Yisrael Beitenu NGO funding legislation is aimed at the bad ones. Bad ones criticize the Occupation. Good ones help it along. This bill will limit and tax … Continue reading
Netanyahu aligns with the far right on bill cracking down on foreign donations to dissident organizations
Faces of Israel is a p.r. campaign for Israel on American campuses. It emphasizes diversity, and tries to keep settlers in the time-out room
Rather than intervene in Egypt or Syria, Obama and Netanyahu will look to uphold the status quo of military control in both countries.