- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 23
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 3
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 22
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 23
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 6
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 45
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 56
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 182
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 8 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 11 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 11 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 12 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (6)
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (23)
- Bandolero: piotr I completely agree with you. And I would even go further: the Republicans have with Rand Paul a...
- piotr: I spent some money to support “anyone but Hillary” (I am not a tycoon, so it is merely a record...
- piotr: “It should be exciting to see a politician who stands up in public and takes on the lobby.” This...
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (3)
- tokyobk: He gave me the creeps too, the way he chewed on his pencil, though he did pick an important fight with the...
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (13)
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (23)
- ritzl: @Stephen Shenfield- Great point. And you have to ask who the dueling accusers are trying to influence to get...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (22)
- Hostage: New York, New York. Are you alluding to Sullivan’s timing or are you pleased to be there? Yes, I was...
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
The light doesn’t get much greener than this: Obama admin gives Israel the go ahead to escalate in Gaza
Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes makes a very clear public declaration the US will have Israel’s back no matter what the government decides.
Shaul Mofaz wants the Orthodox and Palestinian Israelis to serve in the military. But his party, Kadima, has little power to bring this about
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
Eli Yishai, Israel’s Interior Minister, has a strong track record of racist anti-refugee remarks, and is representative of the “demographic threat” obsession that dominates Israeli politics.
It’s Good to be the King: Netanyahu scraps elections, buys off opposition and cements power with new unity gov’t
In a surprise move, Benjamin Netanyahu has cut a deal with Shaul Mofaz’s Kadima Party to join his coalition government, effectively canceling the Israeli elections he had just announced. Paul Mutter breaks down the deal and what it means for Israeli politics and a possible attack on Iran.
Toulouse killings demonstrate that Identity politics is a blind alley, for radical Islamists, and the far right in Europe
Two Israeli designers, Ronnie Adri and Michal Tamir, came up with a Facebook campaign called “Iranians We You” intended to “humanize” the Israeli people for Iranian Facebook users and express opposition to the government’s war talk.
The spoils of lawfare, or please do not pet the Islamists: Shurat HaDin’s 2012 ‘Ultimate Mission to Israel’
Shurat HaDin – an Israeli “lawfare” group that set up legal roadblock after roadblock against “Gaza Freedom Flotilla II” last year – has for several years offered tours of Israel that take in the sort of sights a military fanboy would love.
Adnan’s case, as numerous commentators rightly note, has drawn attention to Israel’s practice of administrative detention. But by promising to release Adnan, the Israeli government headed off what could have been an embarrassing political and legal debacle.
Boston.com just republished Shadid’s four day account of his journey through the West Bank in the spring of 2002. It’s worth quoting it at length; there’s no better way to mark Shadid’s career than letting his words speak for him.
Former police chief of Philadelphia and Miami, John Timoney, has been recruited by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry to advise the Bahrainis on policing strategies.
Noam Sheizaf has a smart piece up at Foreign Policy forecasting the results of the upcoming Knesset elections. It looks like Netanyahu is here to stay.
Multiple analysts have suggested that the postponement demonstrates the Israeli government’s contempt for Obama and an ongoing effort to back the president into a corner in an election year over Iran.
This article first appeared on the Arabist. According to Reuters, the Syrian National Council and the National Coordination Body for Democratic Change in Syria – the two largest opposition coalitions in Syria – signed on the last Friday of 2011 … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be nice if the heads of our own national security agencies spoke truth to power like this? Tamir Pardo, head of Mossad, had this to say to a roomful of Israeli ambassadors last week: “What is the significance … Continue reading
Dispossession of Palestinian land means theft of resources, unending
Nighttime arrests of Israel rightwing activists for alleged actions against Israeli army
From Haaretz: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz marked the three-year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead on Tuesday by hailing it “an excellent operation that achieved deterrence for Israel vis-a-vis Hamas.” However, he warned, cracks have … Continue reading
The UK, France, Germany and Portugal issued a joint statement today requesting that Israel cease all settlement construction in both East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces a “virtual” U.S. Embassy for Tehran.
There are good NGOs and bad NGOs in Tel Aviv’s eyes. The new Likud-Yisrael Beitenu NGO funding legislation is aimed at the bad ones. Bad ones criticize the Occupation. Good ones help it along. This bill will limit and tax … Continue reading
Netanyahu aligns with the far right on bill cracking down on foreign donations to dissident organizations
Faces of Israel is a p.r. campaign for Israel on American campuses. It emphasizes diversity, and tries to keep settlers in the time-out room
Rather than intervene in Egypt or Syria, Obama and Netanyahu will look to uphold the status quo of military control in both countries.