- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the … 1
- Cornell SJP publishes ‘Notes on Palestine/Israel’ as an antidote to … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ 1
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of … 1
- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone … 21
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the … 24
- Church of Scotland accepts controversial report on Israel/Palestine 7
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of … 8
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1699
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1360
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 399
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 103
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 55
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ http://t.co/EmF6Q8qzNQ, 29 mins ago
- .@CornellSJP publishes ‘Notes on Palestine/Israel’ as an antidote to ‘dialogue’ http://t.co/9tFql1nJlD, 50 mins ago
- CBS responds 2 CAMERA's endless letters about Bob Simon's 60 Min report on Israel w/ a 4-line pro-forma get-lost note http://t.co/x99oFk8qLj, 1 hour ago
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ http://t.co/2QDw1azvzX, 1 hour ago
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism http://t.co/x99oFk8qLj, 1 hour ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ (1)
- W.Jones: There’s no record that Rashi, the great commentator of the Talmud, ever visited the Holy Land. The Rambam...
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the ‘war on terror’ (24)
- Justpassingby: Hypocrite brits’ are on it again. Same day this happend, Cameron and Hague urge arming of...
- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone policy (21)
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ (1)
- Justpassingby: Its humiliating to see US politicans being the lapdog of Israeli government. Kerry seems to have been...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (55)
- seafoid: “independence, individualism, fairness, decency, justice, charity.” Fairness, decency, justice...
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (1)
- Annie Robbins: the image of the treatment of ‘Christians of the Holy Land’ is completely coveted by...
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of ‘gray resisters’ grow (8)
- Ron Edwards: I’m not seeing why motive matters. The topic seems to me to be simply that the vaunted warrior...
- More on the ‘creepy’ al-Dura report (12)
- gingershot: Haaretz comes out today with a powerful article that gets to the strategic heart of the Dura story...
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says Haaretz — but ‘NYT’ treats it as gospel (46)
- seafoid: Taxi The killing ethos is embedded in modern Hebrew. It’s very hard for the average bot to see beyond...
- Exile and the Prophetic: Notes from a ‘marginal Jew’ (1)
- Philip Weiss
- Annie Robbins
- Today in Palestine
- Adam Horowitz
- Matthew Taylor
- Alex Kane
- Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
The light doesn’t get much greener than this: Obama admin gives Israel the go ahead to escalate in Gaza
Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes makes a very clear public declaration the US will have Israel’s back no matter what the government decides.
Shaul Mofaz wants the Orthodox and Palestinian Israelis to serve in the military. But his party, Kadima, has little power to bring this about
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
Eli Yishai, Israel’s Interior Minister, has a strong track record of racist anti-refugee remarks, and is representative of the “demographic threat” obsession that dominates Israeli politics.
It’s Good to be the King: Netanyahu scraps elections, buys off opposition and cements power with new unity gov’t
In a surprise move, Benjamin Netanyahu has cut a deal with Shaul Mofaz’s Kadima Party to join his coalition government, effectively canceling the Israeli elections he had just announced. Paul Mutter breaks down the deal and what it means for Israeli politics and a possible attack on Iran.
Toulouse killings demonstrate that Identity politics is a blind alley, for radical Islamists, and the far right in Europe
Two Israeli designers, Ronnie Adri and Michal Tamir, came up with a Facebook campaign called “Iranians We You” intended to “humanize” the Israeli people for Iranian Facebook users and express opposition to the government’s war talk.
The spoils of lawfare, or please do not pet the Islamists: Shurat HaDin’s 2012 ‘Ultimate Mission to Israel’
Shurat HaDin – an Israeli “lawfare” group that set up legal roadblock after roadblock against “Gaza Freedom Flotilla II” last year – has for several years offered tours of Israel that take in the sort of sights a military fanboy would love.
Adnan’s case, as numerous commentators rightly note, has drawn attention to Israel’s practice of administrative detention. But by promising to release Adnan, the Israeli government headed off what could have been an embarrassing political and legal debacle.
Boston.com just republished Shadid’s four day account of his journey through the West Bank in the spring of 2002. It’s worth quoting it at length; there’s no better way to mark Shadid’s career than letting his words speak for him.
Former police chief of Philadelphia and Miami, John Timoney, has been recruited by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry to advise the Bahrainis on policing strategies.
Noam Sheizaf has a smart piece up at Foreign Policy forecasting the results of the upcoming Knesset elections. It looks like Netanyahu is here to stay.
Multiple analysts have suggested that the postponement demonstrates the Israeli government’s contempt for Obama and an ongoing effort to back the president into a corner in an election year over Iran.
This article first appeared on the Arabist. According to Reuters, the Syrian National Council and the National Coordination Body for Democratic Change in Syria – the two largest opposition coalitions in Syria – signed on the last Friday of 2011 … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be nice if the heads of our own national security agencies spoke truth to power like this? Tamir Pardo, head of Mossad, had this to say to a roomful of Israeli ambassadors last week: “What is the significance … Continue reading
Dispossession of Palestinian land means theft of resources, unending
Nighttime arrests of Israel rightwing activists for alleged actions against Israeli army
From Haaretz: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz marked the three-year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead on Tuesday by hailing it “an excellent operation that achieved deterrence for Israel vis-a-vis Hamas.” However, he warned, cracks have … Continue reading
The UK, France, Germany and Portugal issued a joint statement today requesting that Israel cease all settlement construction in both East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces a “virtual” U.S. Embassy for Tehran.
There are good NGOs and bad NGOs in Tel Aviv’s eyes. The new Likud-Yisrael Beitenu NGO funding legislation is aimed at the bad ones. Bad ones criticize the Occupation. Good ones help it along. This bill will limit and tax … Continue reading
Netanyahu aligns with the far right on bill cracking down on foreign donations to dissident organizations
Faces of Israel is a p.r. campaign for Israel on American campuses. It emphasizes diversity, and tries to keep settlers in the time-out room
Rather than intervene in Egypt or Syria, Obama and Netanyahu will look to uphold the status quo of military control in both countries.