- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw … 8
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks … 6
- Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin 6
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against … 7
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 4
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 18
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 43
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 0
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 0
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 0
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 0
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 145
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 125
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 90
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 70
- RT @mattapuzzo: Missing American in Iran was working on unapproved CIA mission. Major mishaps. http://t.co/OHYO2b89p2 My last story with @adamgoldmanwp, 9 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, wins Best Film Award in Asia Pacific Screen Awards. http://t.co/XHPUkuYtMb #Film #Palestine, 9 hours ago
- RT @urihoresh: @Mondoweiss Minor correction: she is not the first MK to have been born in Ethiopia. Adiso Masala was the first., 9 hours ago
- RT @UpsideDownTweet: Mexicans Against Zionism http://t.co/UdVbW2UdS5, 10 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: @Mondoweiss @sjabulhawa I'm on board and Susan is in Philly. What do you say @SwatHillel?, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (130)
- Shingo: The reality of redemption was different from the fantasy of redemption. So what? No, it was the redemption...
- Shingo: I know you meant this to be extreme, but sort of yes, though you need to replace Nazi with German. Just like...
- Shingo: You have no ability to see the Israeli side, the Israeli sufferings, the fact that we are the main victims...
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks like Gaza’ (6)
- Inanna: Yes it’s terrible when terrorists use children as human shields: In Gaza: http://www.haaretz.com/new...
- RoHa: I’d like to believe this is to give them a second chance to learn the basic rules: 1. Share everything....
- talknic: @ OlegR Uh huh…… Learning how to slaughter Palestinian toddlers must be tiring
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (18)
- Djinn: Off topic but not really…anyone else a bit sick of the cock sucker slander, it’s only pejorative...
- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw attention to Palestinian plight (8)
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (46)
- Ellen: Jeff you are talking about trade of goods in a comercial arena, your LLC. Not a not-for-profit organization...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (130)
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
The light doesn’t get much greener than this: Obama admin gives Israel the go ahead to escalate in Gaza
Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes makes a very clear public declaration the US will have Israel’s back no matter what the government decides.
Shaul Mofaz wants the Orthodox and Palestinian Israelis to serve in the military. But his party, Kadima, has little power to bring this about
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
Eli Yishai, Israel’s Interior Minister, has a strong track record of racist anti-refugee remarks, and is representative of the “demographic threat” obsession that dominates Israeli politics.
It’s Good to be the King: Netanyahu scraps elections, buys off opposition and cements power with new unity gov’t
In a surprise move, Benjamin Netanyahu has cut a deal with Shaul Mofaz’s Kadima Party to join his coalition government, effectively canceling the Israeli elections he had just announced. Paul Mutter breaks down the deal and what it means for Israeli politics and a possible attack on Iran.
Toulouse killings demonstrate that Identity politics is a blind alley, for radical Islamists, and the far right in Europe
Two Israeli designers, Ronnie Adri and Michal Tamir, came up with a Facebook campaign called “Iranians We You” intended to “humanize” the Israeli people for Iranian Facebook users and express opposition to the government’s war talk.
The spoils of lawfare, or please do not pet the Islamists: Shurat HaDin’s 2012 ‘Ultimate Mission to Israel’
Shurat HaDin – an Israeli “lawfare” group that set up legal roadblock after roadblock against “Gaza Freedom Flotilla II” last year – has for several years offered tours of Israel that take in the sort of sights a military fanboy would love.
Adnan’s case, as numerous commentators rightly note, has drawn attention to Israel’s practice of administrative detention. But by promising to release Adnan, the Israeli government headed off what could have been an embarrassing political and legal debacle.
Boston.com just republished Shadid’s four day account of his journey through the West Bank in the spring of 2002. It’s worth quoting it at length; there’s no better way to mark Shadid’s career than letting his words speak for him.
Former police chief of Philadelphia and Miami, John Timoney, has been recruited by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry to advise the Bahrainis on policing strategies.
Noam Sheizaf has a smart piece up at Foreign Policy forecasting the results of the upcoming Knesset elections. It looks like Netanyahu is here to stay.
Multiple analysts have suggested that the postponement demonstrates the Israeli government’s contempt for Obama and an ongoing effort to back the president into a corner in an election year over Iran.
This article first appeared on the Arabist. According to Reuters, the Syrian National Council and the National Coordination Body for Democratic Change in Syria – the two largest opposition coalitions in Syria – signed on the last Friday of 2011 … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be nice if the heads of our own national security agencies spoke truth to power like this? Tamir Pardo, head of Mossad, had this to say to a roomful of Israeli ambassadors last week: “What is the significance … Continue reading
Dispossession of Palestinian land means theft of resources, unending
Nighttime arrests of Israel rightwing activists for alleged actions against Israeli army
From Haaretz: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz marked the three-year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead on Tuesday by hailing it “an excellent operation that achieved deterrence for Israel vis-a-vis Hamas.” However, he warned, cracks have … Continue reading
The UK, France, Germany and Portugal issued a joint statement today requesting that Israel cease all settlement construction in both East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces a “virtual” U.S. Embassy for Tehran.
There are good NGOs and bad NGOs in Tel Aviv’s eyes. The new Likud-Yisrael Beitenu NGO funding legislation is aimed at the bad ones. Bad ones criticize the Occupation. Good ones help it along. This bill will limit and tax … Continue reading
Netanyahu aligns with the far right on bill cracking down on foreign donations to dissident organizations
Faces of Israel is a p.r. campaign for Israel on American campuses. It emphasizes diversity, and tries to keep settlers in the time-out room
Rather than intervene in Egypt or Syria, Obama and Netanyahu will look to uphold the status quo of military control in both countries.