- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 1
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 16
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate 5
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel 0
- Water service restored to thousands of Palestinians in East Jerusalem … 0
- ‘NYT’ piece on Israel coexistence singer leaves out his latest … 4
- ‘BDS on Broadway’: Adalah-NY leads march to shame occupation profiteers 0
- Battle over Maryland’s anti-boycott Israel bill heats up 6
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 0
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 0
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 0
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of … 0
- State Dept to ‘check out’ vicious attack on Palestinian athletes 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 135
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 113
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 89
- There’s diversity in the evangelical community on Israel & the Israeli government is displeased by that http://t.co/sgIwlajqtQ #CATC2014, 2 hours ago
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear 'stain of indelible infamy,' Israel says http://t.co/sgIwlajqtQ, 2 hours ago
- Battle over Maryland's anti-boycott Israel bill heats up http://t.co/BAEc3ydnlP, 2 hours ago
- Video: Moataz Washaha's family asks us to boycott Israel http://t.co/lxfbKnvg3q, 2 hours ago
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate http://t.co/1Gwm4zGpvN, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics (27)
- seafoid: They weren’t offered Palestine either. The Zionists needed a space that they didn’t have to pay...
- Woody Tanaka: “Sure Europe would have better, and in many ways. But that wasn’t being offered.”...
- Woody Tanaka: “If, however, one accepts the principle of a justified Jewish state, then there clearly was a...
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible infamy,’ Israel says (16)
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (61)
- edwardm: Why say “fled/expelled”? You are perpetuating the idea that it makes a godsdamn bit of...
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ on Israel’s side (1)
- hophmi: “Eric Alterman sticks out like a red thumb at the Nation.” The Nation is not a liberal magazine,...
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (5)
- pabelmont: Anyone interested in powerful polemics on an older subject of dreadful contention —...
- ‘NYT’ piece on Israel coexistence singer leaves out his latest gig: AIPAC (4)
- hophmi: I am responding to it. It’s nonsense. It is based, first of all, on the completely false assumption...
- On John Judis’s ‘Genesis,’ and its critics (27)
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
The light doesn’t get much greener than this: Obama admin gives Israel the go ahead to escalate in Gaza
Obama’s Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes makes a very clear public declaration the US will have Israel’s back no matter what the government decides.
Shaul Mofaz wants the Orthodox and Palestinian Israelis to serve in the military. But his party, Kadima, has little power to bring this about
Protests against the PA in Ramallah stand as apt reminders of the tension inherent in the Palestinian Authority’s very existence.
Eli Yishai, Israel’s Interior Minister, has a strong track record of racist anti-refugee remarks, and is representative of the “demographic threat” obsession that dominates Israeli politics.
It’s Good to be the King: Netanyahu scraps elections, buys off opposition and cements power with new unity gov’t
In a surprise move, Benjamin Netanyahu has cut a deal with Shaul Mofaz’s Kadima Party to join his coalition government, effectively canceling the Israeli elections he had just announced. Paul Mutter breaks down the deal and what it means for Israeli politics and a possible attack on Iran.
Toulouse killings demonstrate that Identity politics is a blind alley, for radical Islamists, and the far right in Europe
Two Israeli designers, Ronnie Adri and Michal Tamir, came up with a Facebook campaign called “Iranians We You” intended to “humanize” the Israeli people for Iranian Facebook users and express opposition to the government’s war talk.
The spoils of lawfare, or please do not pet the Islamists: Shurat HaDin’s 2012 ‘Ultimate Mission to Israel’
Shurat HaDin – an Israeli “lawfare” group that set up legal roadblock after roadblock against “Gaza Freedom Flotilla II” last year – has for several years offered tours of Israel that take in the sort of sights a military fanboy would love.
Adnan’s case, as numerous commentators rightly note, has drawn attention to Israel’s practice of administrative detention. But by promising to release Adnan, the Israeli government headed off what could have been an embarrassing political and legal debacle.
Boston.com just republished Shadid’s four day account of his journey through the West Bank in the spring of 2002. It’s worth quoting it at length; there’s no better way to mark Shadid’s career than letting his words speak for him.
Former police chief of Philadelphia and Miami, John Timoney, has been recruited by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry to advise the Bahrainis on policing strategies.
Noam Sheizaf has a smart piece up at Foreign Policy forecasting the results of the upcoming Knesset elections. It looks like Netanyahu is here to stay.
Multiple analysts have suggested that the postponement demonstrates the Israeli government’s contempt for Obama and an ongoing effort to back the president into a corner in an election year over Iran.
This article first appeared on the Arabist. According to Reuters, the Syrian National Council and the National Coordination Body for Democratic Change in Syria – the two largest opposition coalitions in Syria – signed on the last Friday of 2011 … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be nice if the heads of our own national security agencies spoke truth to power like this? Tamir Pardo, head of Mossad, had this to say to a roomful of Israeli ambassadors last week: “What is the significance … Continue reading
Dispossession of Palestinian land means theft of resources, unending
Nighttime arrests of Israel rightwing activists for alleged actions against Israeli army
From Haaretz: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz marked the three-year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead on Tuesday by hailing it “an excellent operation that achieved deterrence for Israel vis-a-vis Hamas.” However, he warned, cracks have … Continue reading
The UK, France, Germany and Portugal issued a joint statement today requesting that Israel cease all settlement construction in both East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announces a “virtual” U.S. Embassy for Tehran.
There are good NGOs and bad NGOs in Tel Aviv’s eyes. The new Likud-Yisrael Beitenu NGO funding legislation is aimed at the bad ones. Bad ones criticize the Occupation. Good ones help it along. This bill will limit and tax … Continue reading
Netanyahu aligns with the far right on bill cracking down on foreign donations to dissident organizations
Faces of Israel is a p.r. campaign for Israel on American campuses. It emphasizes diversity, and tries to keep settlers in the time-out room
Rather than intervene in Egypt or Syria, Obama and Netanyahu will look to uphold the status quo of military control in both countries.