- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ … 6
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on … 7
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic … 10
- Snowden shows up Obama on leadership 5
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says … 9
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and … 4
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 39
- ‘I wanted to make a film [on] the conflict between … 6
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 195
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 94
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 71
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 133
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid 50
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation of US policy on settlements http://t.co/RuwyEzmToV, 21 mins ago
- Sixteen-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts of attempted murder for alleged stone throwing http://t.co/VlfFHKwpPA, 26 mins ago
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner http://t.co/PbmTDUQkBU, 32 mins ago
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on college campuses http://t.co/4gXx67TEQC, 36 mins ago
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations http://t.co/gX59TvW559, 42 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Singing sensation Mohammad Assaf has given us a ‘national umbrella’ — writes Palestinian political prisoner (6)
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (10)
- Inanna: The reason Abbas is supported by Israel and the west and this fake elite put into power is to sell-out the...
- Inanna: The problems are minimal If it wasn’t so tragic and deluded I would laugh. But let me provide a...
- Inanna: Yep. I’m starting to think the PA is fast becoming the equivalent of the South Lebanese puppets. And...
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left scrambling after election of moderate Rouhani (42)
- ToivoS: I would like to believe your speculations here turn out to be correct. For them to come to fruition it would...
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live the two-state solution! (39)
- mondonut: Dutch says: As if #1 could be a condition for #2. Besides, a ‘Jewish state’ is nothing....
- Taking on Bill Clinton and the ‘bigshots’, Chris Matthews says American people are opposed to Syrian intervention (9)
- ToivoS: Clinton pays a lot of attention to polls. He was quite aware that his numbers were in serious trouble over...
- When a ‘stockpile of homemade bombs’ is ho-hum and ha-ha (13)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “@Annie, you live in a country where citizens are entitled by law to have weapons stashed...
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Evelyn Waugh’s Scoop was steeped in the racism of its time. Stand With Us, the pro-Israel group, appropriates the title for Israel propaganda
Many of those who gave Obama his start in politics were Jewish. Last night at a fundraiser at the home of one of them, Obama called the gathering his old “cabal” — and he cited three members of J Street’s advisory council
Jim Crow amusement park in Israel features days for only Jewish students, days for only Palestinians
In the charm offensive that is the only democracy in the Middle East, an ISraeli amusement park has a frank segregation policy, different days for Palestinians and Jews
All Palestinians want to do is kill you and your people, Sheldon Adelson tells the New York Times. Romney echoed these statements a year ago. Remember that Adelson played an outsized role in US politics last year and no one quizzed him about this sort of prejudice
The Israeli green car company Better Place was adored on NPR and by visionary Tom Friedman. Now it’s gone bellyup. How many of those media mavens will reflect on why they believed the hype?
Netanyahu allowed J Street delegation to meet with ministers, a reversal of earlier policy against the liberal Zionist organization. Both sides get something out of J Street serving as Netanyahu’s figleaf
Young people with American accents declare they won’t be ethnically cleansed from their ‘native land’ (Jerusalem)
Neo Zionists; the Rimon Club has a video up of young Americans saying they won’t be ethnically cleansed from Israel
Former Israeli Foreign Minister Shlomo Ben Ami takes Israel’s problem back to a Jewish “myth” or “meta-narrative,” about the “eternal, unforgiving hostility of a Gentile world.”
Yair Lapid was the great hope of liberal Zionists. The former TV anchor surged in the January elections and said that Israel could not put off the Palestinian issue. Well now Lapid is Netanyahu’s Finance Minister and check it out … Continue reading
In the last part of Isabel Kershner’s piece on the al-Dura report by Israel, I learned that the investigative body had never contacted the father of the killed boy. At that moment, I understood that the report is military propaganda. — Harold Hjalmarson
Reluctantly taking down monstrous orientalist video, college union in Israel protests that it got ’1000s of positive reactions’
Ugly vicious, sickening, sadistic — Larry Derfner’s take on racist video from Israeli college students portraying Arabs as backward monsters
Consider all the cases of writers denied entry into Palestine by Israel. Then consider George Orwell’s rage at England for denying Henry Miller entry in 1934. “[T]he mixture of spite, cunning and stupidity with which they handled him made one wonder what is the use of all this talk about democracy, freedom of the press, and what not.” And just imagine what Orwell would say about Israel
Jack Rosen of the American Jewish Congress was part of Barack Obama’s outreach to Jews on Israel. His whole agenda is Israel. Anthony Weiner is in his apartment in NY. The NY Times doesn’t tell you that.
There are 3000 Jahalin Bedouin refugees living in the E-1 lands east of Jerusalem that Netanyahu plans more Jewish settlements on. You can learn about them tonight at Hunter College, at 7 PM
The Guardian’s Harriet Sherwood interview Jamal al-Dura who challenges Israel to produce his son Muhammad, if he is indeed alive
A day after Jordan’s Foreign Minister told John Kerry that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is the “lingering, core” issue, the Secretary of State chided Israelis for missing opportunity: “it’s not on the tip of everybody’s tongue. People in Israel aren’t waking up every day and wondering if tomorrow there’ll be peace, because there is a sense of security and a sense of accomplishment and a sense of prosperity.”
Bob Simon took on Israeli ambassador Michael Oren a year ago, causing CAMERA to accuse 60 Minutes of anti-Semitism. ’60 Minutes’ has put CAMERA on ignore
“High school’s tough enough without having to face prison time for refusing to serve an occupation you know is wrong” — when will story of Israeli refuseniks make ’60 Minutes’?
While Biden panders to a Jewish audience, Chelsea Clinton undertakes a “multifaith” initiative
First the Israeli government drank the Koolaid on a rightwing conspiracist theory of how young Muhammad al-Dura died in Gaza 13 years ago. Then the New York Times got in line….
Wolf Blitzer is a redneck, in exchange with Oklahoma victim who rebuffs his question, Did she pray to the lord, by saying she’s an atheist
Kerry’s trip to the Middle East is either: Groundhog day to 1991, messianic, or a laughingstock. In any case, nothing will happen, experts say, without Obama showing a willingness to take on AIPAC and the Israeli government. And he won’t. Above, Benjamin Netanyahu speaks with Kerry during Holocaust Remembrance Day at the Yad Vashem memorial in Jerusalem, on April 8, 2013.
‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers
There are a lot of racist comments about Palestinians in a Forward comment section following a great piece on the destruction of the Mughrabi quarter in 1967
How will Americans regard Bradley Manning 50 years from now? As a hero, says Nathan Fuller