- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against … 0
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 1
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 1
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 32
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 6
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 24
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 29
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 143
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 113
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 85
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 80
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more than Obama http://t.co/Hkb8H1ymhf, 9 mins ago
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse door http://t.co/N4LTqPlwUI, 10 mins ago
- RT @ChrisMcGreal: S African Jewish community adopted “attitude of neutrality” on apartheid - @timesofisrael. Neutrality on apartheid? http://t.co/SAtqPxfWue, 2 hours ago
- RT @AfricasaCountry: Rahim Kurwa (on @Mondoweiss): Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with same moral clarity as apartheid South Africa http://t.co/pNtYLEAV0B, 3 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/12/2013 - http://t.co/IaXnstX2mM, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (113)
- Shmuel: That’s obviously not true. For example Truman in for the 1948 How did you get to 1948, ’53, 54′,...
- Annie Robbins: “oppressor” is no more informative than other insults like “farthead”. It is just leftwing name...
- JeffB: @Shmuel – Of course that’s what they said, and maybe even believed, but is that really where you want...
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse door (1)
- pabelmont: Open Hillel has a related petition:Petition: As members of the Hillel community, Jewish students, and...
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more than Obama (1)
- pabelmont: “Speaking of Khameini’s feed, what about this picture (on the right) from the Supreme Leader....
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (15)
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what ‘Americans did to the Indians’ (24)
- talknic: I get it!! If the US had not treated the Indians so badly, Israel would withdraw from all non-Israeli...
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (80)
- irishmoses: The term “Jew Hater” is showing up more frequently. I guess “anti-Semite” has...
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza Writes Back’ (6)
- bintbiba: My tears are choking me! Beautiful, poignant, serene in spite of …….
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (113)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Brandeis President Fred Lawrence finds Sari Nusseibeh’s condemnation of a militant rally using Nazi-like salutes at his school too weak, and Nusseibeh, a moderate, has been tossed from a Brandeis board
Because Palestine Solidarity Committee co-sponsored Avraham Burg talk at Harvard, Hillel barred his talk. Burg has said the two-state solution is over
At the UN Women’s Guild bazaar in Geneva, US tells the world and its own people to eat shit (Snickers and Oreos) while Hungarians offer paprika, Palestinians olive oil, and Chadians honey
Lee Smith at Tablet says that Jewish power in the U.S. is fostered by Israel’s power, and so the U.S.’s separation from Israel on a potential Iran deal undermines Jews. Go figure.
David Remnick says that many Jews in his own family are Israel-right-or-wrong, but that the liberal members are becoming embarrassed about Israel, and Jeffrey Goldberg says that this attitude could be “fatal” because Israel depends on American Jews. “Stand by me,” Ari Shavit requests. All on Charlie Rose
Friedman says lobby’s power to stymie Obama on major foreign policy opening stems from ‘Jewish votes and donations’
Jeffrey Goldberg and Tom Friedman disagree about the power of Jewish money over foreign policy. Isn’t it time to have this conversation out in the open, mainstream media?
Steven Goldberg, hothead national vice chair of the Zionist Organization of America, says that militant Jews need to protect Jewish students who wear tshirts with Hebrew writing on them so that Muslim students don’t attack them. Yep, he said it in New York Sunday.
Shavit thinks that Israelis can come to terms with the moral damage of the Nakba without engaging Palestinians. And meantime Palestinians must give up the right of return. Such a process is futile and will only lead to more violence
David Makovsky keynotes AIPAC meetings and calls for “biometrics” for Palestinians stuck at checkpoints. And he’s now a member of the US Middle East team? There is no honest broker.
Israel lobbyists head off an effort to make Boulder a sister city of Nablus in Palestine. With the usual smears of Palestinians
Neoconservatives are using the anniversary of the Kennedy assassination to say that Obama is a wimp on Iran.
The Temple Mount in East Jerusalem was “liberated” by Jewish heroes in the 1967 war, but Israel has “squandered” that victory by allowing Muslims to dictate who can pray there, said Aharon Pulver, a Jewish religious zealot, at a settlers’ conference in NY yesterday. The mount is the site of one of the holiest places in Islam, the Al Aqsa mosque, but Steven Goldberg of the Zionist Organization of American said it makes him “mad as hell” that Jews can’t pray there.
In acknowledging what were war crimes during the Nakba, Ari Shavit leaves out the fact that what happened to 10s of 1000s in Lyd happened to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians throughout Palestine, Rashid Khalidi says
The Shomrom Regional Council, which supports Jewish settlements in the West Bank is holding a conference in NY tomorrow to be attended by Rep Michael Grimm of NY
Roger Cohen sounds a neoconservative chord, saying that cheese-eating surrender monkeys in the White House are cutting weak deal with Iran
NBC’s Nancy Snyderman is in awe of Israeli medicine and humanitarianism in the Philippines
Jewish Voice for Peace in Albuquerque wants federal dollars going to help people in New Mexico, not aid the Israeli occupation
Children wading through sewage in a Gaza neighborhood, conditions that would be intolerable in the country that controls Gaza, Israel
Kerry is getting slammed by the Israel lobby. And maybe by Joe Biden?
Rabbi Gerald Skolnik says Americans who protested the Vietnam war loved America, and that’s the way young Jews should feel about Israel even if they are critical. Carole Zabar, liberal Zionist, also justifies criticism, while saying Israel has a right to exist as the Jewish homeland
Has the NYT covered the most important movement in Palestinian civil society, BDS? Deputy national editor Ethan Bronner reflects ignorance about the movement in a speech at Purchase College
John Kerry and Joe Biden’s effort to sustain talks with Iran is revealing the naked power of the Israel lobby inside our politics, as Senators quote what Israelis have told them, and Kerry says he just got off the phone with Netanyahu
Dahlia Lithwick participated in a “celebrate” Israel trip for the National Council of Jewish Women. So why is the Times giving Lithwick Alan Dershowitz’s autobiography to review?
Ben White brings ‘apartheid’ talk to Brooklyn College dep’t (which hasn’t hosted Dershowitz in 39 years)
Josh Ruebner and Ben White speak at Brooklyn College, as Daily News blasts the school for not having Dershowitz to speak since 1974
When is the mainstream media going to cover the firestorm Max Blumenthal’s book Goliath has created among rightwing ideological supporters of Israel?