- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 6
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 34
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 60
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 10
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 1 hour ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 10 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 10 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 14 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (33)
- Walid: “Because nations even back then did not accept, or to put it more accurately would not accept “Jews as...
- Walid: eljay, all of them are opportunistic. Islam being a retread of Judaism and Christianity is not different....
- Walid: “NOT the teachings of Jesus! ” Some of those were actually a bit dicey, kalithea. I’m...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (34)
- LeaNder: zionist neocon faction in the US goverment. They may well be in the larger boat of neo-cold-war thinking,...
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (60)
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS (9)
- Citizen: Agreed. Mr. Connors is brave, persistent, a truth seeker, and Ms. Alison Weir has been poking a stick in...
- ‘NYT’ boycott debate features two Zionists, and excludes BDS (39)
- Cliff: @JeffB No, BDS is not imperialism. BDS is about human rights and holding criminals like those in Israel who...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (6)
- just: You are a credit to Tufts as well, Felice. Your work & voice is much appreciated.
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (33)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Mediterra in Princeton NJ is offering wines from the Golan Heights at a dinner next month, $74 a person
When Israel attacked Gaza, killing 100 civilians, Hillary Clinton said we have to support it ’110 percent’
As Israel killed nearly 400 children in Gaza in 2009, Hillary Clinton said US has to support Israel 110 percent
Angela Merkel and Netanyahu have shouted at one another on the phone when discussing Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, and relations between countries at a low. –Spiegel
Vassar Hillel group defies parent org: Your Israel doctrine doesn’t represent ‘diversity of young Jews’
We have seen many young Jews turn away from Hillel to find Jewish inspiration elsewhere because of restrictions on discussion of Israel, Berkeley alumni tell leaders of the Hillel organization at the school
Museum of Jewish Heritage in NY explains why it has spiked an appearance by John Judis, author of book on Truman and Israel: “We were interested in the book. We considered it, but were concerned that the controversy would overshadow the content.”
In This Divestment Bill Hurts My Feelings, spoken word artist Remi Kanazi deconstructs all the ways that divestment is being attacked by Israel supporters on college campuses.
Israel will defeat BDS, Netanyahu tells American Jewish leaders, because two out of the three top technology centers in the world are in Israel
Hats off to the New York Times for stirring open debate of BDS by publishing 15 letters to the editor on the question, Is Boycott of Israel Just? And most say Yes.
American Jews conceived their relationship with government based on the Kishinev massacre in Russia in 1903, a landmark of anti-Semitic history that they believed the czar was responsible for. Steven Zipperstein, a scholar of Jewish history, says this belief is mythology, based on half-truth.
By defaming the boycott of Israel, university administrators undermine the capacity for scholars to freely investigate Israeli settler-colonialism under that name, implicitly attacking oppositional scholarship. And by voting for boycott, the American Studies Association has broken a taboo in official academia on discussing Israel’s abuses of Palestinian academics and Palestinian human rights in general. –Roderick Ferguson and Jodi Melamed write at Mondoweiss.net.
The hugely-popular NPR show about religion, On Being, places the Western Wall in Israel. it’s in occupied East Jerusalem. Sad that Krista Tippett would misinform her broad audience.
Jeet Heer says that the New Republic’s publication of excerpt of John Judis’s book on Truman and Israel shows that liberal Zionists are returning to an abandoned principle: liberalism
Jeffrey Goldberg said that John Kerry shouldn’t have analyzed the role of boycott. But he did the same thing to a Jewish audience last October, praising Palestinians for resorting to a smart strategy they should have tried years before.
Corey Robin, Charles Manekin and Alissa Wise, all supporters of boycott, are featured in a surprising NYT portrait of religious Jewish anti-Zionists, by Mark Oppenheimer
A review in the Wall Street Journal of John Judis’s important new book on the foundation of Israel makes the book out to be a malicious screed against Zionism, when it is in fact a sober scholarly rendering of historical events, with a strong moral core.
‘NPR’ interviews Israeli kettle criticizing American pot: Amos Guiora, who brags about directing assassinations for 20 years in Israel, criticizes the American drone program
Alan Dershowitz and Charles Bronfman and Michael Adler, Israel right-or-wrong guys, sign up with liberals Roly Matalon and Neil Barsky on a letter urging Netanyahu to go along with Kerry’s framework. Zionism is in crisis, and the liberals and rightwingers are putting aside their differences.
Trying to tack left, AIPAC is advertising for a “progressive outreach director.” Maybe Bill de Blasio should apply?
Oh the self-inflicted stupidity of the American Jewish community. The Washington DC JCC rescinded an invitation to David Harris-Gershon, author, because he has endorsed a form of boycott of Israel
New York Times offers Israeli propaganda that it does not split up Palestinian families. But an Israeli human rights organization and the leading Israeli newspaper says Israel tears families apart. Why doesn’t the Times tell us that?
When Roger Cohen quotes “activist” Diana Clark Shaw against BDS, he is quoting a leading bundler of funds for the Democratic Party, and sending a signal to the US government not to cross Israel.
Jodi Rudoren, who once said that Palestinians are ho-hum about the deaths of their children, explains to the NYT audience why boycotting settlement goods is believed by many to be anti-Semitic and a tool from the Nazi era
Who cooked this one up? France will give a leading cinema award to Scarlett Johansson, 29, just when her image is tanking due to endorsement of a company operating in an illegal Jewish settlement
Four dead in Ohio, Neil Young sang in his protest song, Ohio, and Independent Jewish Voices of Canada has matched the soundtrack with images of carnage in Vietnam and Palestine to urge the Canadian singer not to go through with a gig in Israel in July.
‘NYT’ concedes Goodman-Kershner relationship has caused some to question fairness of its Israel reporting
Some readers have told me they object to the NYT’s failure to disclose Isabel Kershner’s marriage to Hirsh Goodman and, what’s more, that the relationship makes them question Ms. Kershner’s ability to report fairly — Times public editor Margaret Sullivan