- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 6
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 34
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 66
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 11
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 2 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 11 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 11 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 15 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 16 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (66)
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of Truman book (19)
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
- Walid: Sibiriak, how much of this nation-affinity is natural or rather spontaneous and how much of it is programmed...
- eljay: >> eljay, all of them are opportunistic. Walid, I was specifically addressing the question “From...
- Walid: “Because nations even back then did not accept, or to put it more accurately would not accept “Jews as...
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ (11)
- Talkback: Brett Firfer hates Gentiles. He loves them to be occupied, oppressed, disenfrenchized, dispossessed,...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (34)
- LeaNder: zionist neocon faction in the US goverment. They may well be in the larger boat of neo-cold-war thinking,...
Author Archives: Shireen Tawil
Wesleyan President Michael Roth’s cursory denunciation of the ASA’s recent resolution supporting the Palestinian BDS call is intellectually craven, stale, and trite.
Variety magazine chose to do a piece on the BDS movement’s appeals to musicians not to perform in Israel. As a BDS supporter, I was initially excited that such a prominent, mainstream entertainment magazine would write about the movement, as it might raise the movement’s profile among readers unfamiliar with the political implications of performances in Israel. However, I was quickly disappointed when the scant research put into this article and its disparaging tone became apparent.
Pamela Geller has succeeded in resurrecting the colonial call for defense against the ‘savages’; her language has squarely placed Israel in the position of colonizer. The specific language used in the ads has given us an opportunity to again push for the reframing of the ‘Israeli-Palestinian conflict’ as one of colonization.
Message to Vieux Farka Touré: Colonialism is colonialism, whether it happens in West Africa or Palestine
I was greatly disappointed to learn that Vieux Farka Touré performed last week at the Tel Aviv Opera House on November 26, 2010. The son of the late, world-renowned Malian guitarist and singer Ali Farka Touré, Vieux Farka Touré has … Continue reading