- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 12
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 27
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 3
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 18
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 22
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ … 29
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks … 8
- Israeli government hid map of Prawer plan from Bedouins and … 2
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 0
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 140
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 83
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 71
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 71
- RT @WordreamsTweets: @Mondoweiss article about the upcoming Gaza Writes Back, copyedited by Wordreams! http://t.co/Hsb8Vj8Gjz, 8 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Made a donation to @Mondoweiss. But didn't take the gift copy of @MaxBlumenthal's book. Got my copy already. Donate: https://t.co/kEg7uuogeA, 8 hours ago
- RT @Detroit_to_Gaza: @Mondoweiss - University of Michigan Palestine rights campaign goes global: http://t.co/GVdeW7QCaD: "Thousands of students 'evicted' ", 8 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Hillel is not a space for Jewish students, according to the Hillel president, but a space for Zionist Jewish students http://t.co/q1aU7Nsv9q, 8 hours ago
- RT @MJPlitnick: Israeli pols show contempt for Mandela's legacy: Israeli lawmakers absent from SA ambassador's memorial for Mandela http://t.co/xHIlE9ChE2, 11 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ is bad for the Jews (29)
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to speak out’ (10)
- talknic: @yonah fredman ” The analogy between Zionists and Nazis in reference to Nazism between 1939 and 1945...
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (74)
- yonah fredman: talknic- This is not a court of law. I don’t need to back up my accusations. irishmoses wanted...
- talknic: @ yonah fredman Accusations are not evidence. Please provide verbatim, in context quotes to back your...
- yonah fredman: correction- associating Citizen with David Duke is totally within bounds, because he mentions David...
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: Omar Saad, a young violist and conscientious objector (12)
- Philip Munger: And they especially regard excellence in classically-based musical performance as their own province.
- Philip Munger: Susan A: It is a beautiful concert, from start to finish. Crossover Seasons in a very special way...
- Taxi: Philip Munger, Thanks for posting the concert link. Wonderful stuff! Thanks too to Nigel Kennedy for bringing...
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (73)
- Shmuel: Oppressor / Oppressed dichotomies is the language of NGOs and childish at that, like calling someone a...
Author Archives: Stephanie Westbrook
The following statement was issued at the third national BDS meeting in Italy, held January 21 and 22 in Bologna, Italy: Over the weekend of January 21-22, the third national meeting of the BDS movement (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) against … Continue reading
This past weekend in the Montpellier, France, over 100 activists from 9 countries gathered for the first ever European Forum Against Agrexco. Delegates from Italy, UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Germany and Palestine joined the French organizers for two full … Continue reading
We are getting to know Gaza In the north-eastern zone of the city, Palestinian youths tell us stories about those infamous days in December 2008, when the Israeli army began its Operation ‘Cast Lead’. The landscape in front of us … Continue reading
After leaving Cairo this morning at dawn, the 80 activists of the ‘Restiamo Umani’ convoy have entered Gaza at 4pm after crossing five Egyptian check-points. The convoy, whose goal is to return to the place where Vittorio Arrigoni has spent … Continue reading
Italian construction firm Pizzarotti is stupefied, bewildered, stunned. In an article on today’s Corriere della Sera, Italy’s top newspaper, covering Deutsche Bahn’s withdrawal from the Israeli project for a high-speed train line that cuts through the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Michele … Continue reading
Italian activists call on company to withdraw from Israeli railway project in the occupied territories
In Italy, “Stop That Train” launches a campaign calling on Pizzarotti & C. SpA to withdraw from the construction of the Israeli high-speed railway crossing the occupied Palestinian territories. The German Ministry of Transport defines the project as “potentially in … Continue reading
A Palestinian family living in Bethlehem but originally from the village of Jeb al Theeb contacted our group of volunteers asking for help in harvesting olives on their land adjacent to the settlement of Nokdim, home to Israeli FM Avigdor … Continue reading
Umm Khaled, at first glance, is a Palestinian woman like many others: black clothing drapes over her body and head, her face marked by the years making her look older than she probably is. Yet this woman, who according to … Continue reading
Jeb al Theeb, a small West Bank village south of Bethlehem, is under constant threat by the illegal Israeli settlements surrounding it. The small house we called home for a month had a view of the so-called Lieberman Road, which … Continue reading
Sitting in one of the houses of Jeb al Theeb, a small village south of Bethlehem, a Palestinian woman describes the living conditions. She is a teacher but in the darkness it is difficult to determine her age. Her home, … Continue reading
That was the heading on the leaflet distributed at the Iper Coop in Rome, Italy on July 9, 2010, marking the fifth anniversary of the launch campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel. While the systematic demolition of … Continue reading
On Saturday, May 8 a protest organized by the "Rome Palestinian Solidarity Network"(comprised of numerous associations and committees who stand with the Palestinian struggle for freedom) was held at the entrance to Rome’s exhibition center during COSMOFARMA, a pharmaceuticals expo … Continue reading
On April 22, as part of the global Earth Day celebrations, homes, offices and public buildings in 14 Israeli cities turned out the lights for one hour in an effort to "increase awareness of the vital need to reduce energy … Continue reading