- Ira Forman assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US … 0
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 2
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 0
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death 0
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention … 3
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire … 1
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 41
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 227
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 148
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 121
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 102
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 72
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Special Envoy's purpose? To buttress the case for standing with the Israeli government, no matter what it does. http://t.co/P44n68nxpH, 22 mins ago
- Wht does the Special Envoy do?He does same thing AJC's David Harris does(except Harris doesn't do it w/ taxpayers' $) http://t.co/P44n68nxpH, 23 mins ago
- Y is thr a Special Envoy on anti-Semitism? Y is tht the 1 form of hate granted special post at State Dept? U know why http://t.co/P44n68nxpH, 25 mins ago
- State Dept anti-Semitism Envoy is fmr AIPAC lobbyist whose career has bn dedicated to advancing Israeli govt policies http://t.co/P44n68nxpH, 33 mins ago
- Ira Forman assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism http://t.co/P44n68nxpH, 40 mins ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings (3)
- Pamela Olson: They have to engage in this kind of shameless projection — otherwise they might face the...
- seafoid: Johnny Rotten with Leftfield, mid 90s, on such crap as this report www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNeQ4 i7Ne8...
- David Samel: In the long history of nonsensical denial, this ranks with the 2006 stories that the apartment building...
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations (2)
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (1)
- Hostage: The Assistant Majority leader, an ardent advocate for Israel, has sent a letter to the City University of...
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says Haaretz — but ‘NYT’ treats it as gospel (41)
- David Samel: thanks for the warning, tree and Donald. The problem is that it really is hard to make a satirical...
- talknic: The review revealed that there is no evidence that Jamal or the boy were wounded in the manner claimed in...
- Hostage: Maybe the NYT will buy it but I can’t wait to see what le Canard Enchaine (French satirical magazine) says...
- Mohammed Assaf, singing sensation out of Gaza refugee camp, torches Arab Idol competition (15)
- kayq: Thank you for this article, Annie! :) He’s such an angel. A great representative of Palestine, and one...
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings (3)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Today in Palestine
Prisoners / Hunger strikers / Court actions Israeli court refuses to release Al-Eesawy, on 210th day of hunger strike IMEMC 19 Feb — On Tuesday February 19, head of the Legal Unit of the Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS), Lawyer Jawad … Continue reading
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights concerned for Palestinian hunger strikers and speaks out against Israeli administrative detention
Prisoners / Hunger strikers / Court actions Jailed Palestinian hunger striker faces death Al Jazeera 13 Feb by Renee Lewis — Family and friends of Samer Issawi, on hunger strike for more than 200 days in Israeli jail, say he … Continue reading
Israel arrests six, including two journalists, as activists attempt to build new protest encampment near Hebron
LA Times: Israeli soldiers and border guards Saturday removed tents Palestinians had set up in an area south of Hebron, in the south of the West Bank, to protest Israeli plans to take over the land. The tent village named Canaan is the fifth that activists have set up in the last month on land they fear Israel intends to seize to build settlements.
Just other day in the oPt: Israeli forces invade and terrorize Palestinian towns from Jenin to Hebron
Violence / Raids / Illegal arrests / Clashes But this sort of thing happens all the time – are they trying to make it seem unusual? WATCH: Soldiers ‘punish’ Palestinian village Ynet 7 Feb — An IDF force operating near … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Threats to non-Jewish sites Israeli bulldozers demolish residential shed north of Jerusalem JERUSALEM (WAFA) 5 Feb –Bulldozers of the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem demolished on Tuesday a residential shed in … Continue reading
Video: Israeli Foreign Ministry film on Jerusalem features the Dome of the Rock being replaced by a Jewish temple
Ynet: The Foreign Ministry created an elaborate video titled The Truth about Jerusalem, in which Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon presents Israel’s capital as a diverse and pluralistic city. The result, however, seemed potentially problematic to the ministry – as it featured a segment in which an animated Dome of the Rock was essentially disintegrating.
Israeli soccer club’s fans object to Muslim players JERUSALEM (Reuters) 27 Jan — An Israeli soccer club notorious for the anti-Arab chants of its fans plans to recruit two Muslim players, fueling protests in the stands that a senior cabinet … Continue reading
Trend of unprovoked killing by Israeli military in the West Bank continues — Lubna Hanash, 22, dies after being shot in the head near Bethlehem
Sky News: Israel’s military has called for an immediate review of its terms of engagement after a spate of fatal shootings provoked violent clashes in the West Bank.
Report: Israel plans to complete wall around E1 TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 21 Jan — Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak plans to finish building the separation wall around planned Israeli settlement zone E1 which cuts off the West Bank from … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Apartheid / Threats to Islamic sites Report: Israel approves 198 new settlement homes TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 16 Jan — Israel’s housing ministry released government tenders for the construction of 198 … Continue reading
Gaza Official: Israeli forces kill man, wound another in Gaza GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 11 Jan — Israeli forces fired at the northern Gaza Strip on Friday, killing one man and injuring another, medics said. Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra … Continue reading
It’s not just in the occupied territories — Palestinians fear efforts to ‘Judaize’ Israeli city of Lod
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Lod’s Arab residents fear influx of Jewish settlers will drive them out Haaretz 7 Jan by Gideon Levy & Alex Levac — Many Arab residents of this mixed … Continue reading
Palestinian owners barred from Jordan Valley land while Israeli farmers profit Haaretz 3 Jan — Thai workers from the Israeli settlements are allowed across the border fence into the area, while the Palestinians are not; IDF spokesman also refuses to … Continue reading
Israel orders families in Jordan Valley to leave homes JORDAN VALLEY (WAFA) 31 Dec – The Israeli military ordered more than 1000 Palestinians living in the Jordan Valley to leave their homes for 48 hours to allow the army to … Continue reading
‘For the first time in decades, Israel has a new university’ — Netanyahu following decision to upgrade Ariel settlement campus
Israel ‘approves 1,200 housing units’ in Gilo TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma‘an) 25 Dec — Israel’s interior ministry has decided to allow the construction of 1,200 settlement units in the Gilo area in the Bethlehem district, Israeli media reported Tuesday. Israel’s … Continue reading
Christmas and Christians in the Holy Land PLO releases Bethlehem Christmas video BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 22 Dec — The PLO’s negotiations affairs department and Palestinian Government Media Center released a video on Saturday about the realities of Bethlehem ahead of Christmas. … Continue reading
Prisoners Report: 4600 prisoners in Israeli jails, including 182 children, 184 administrative detainees PNN — On Wednesday 19th December, a report prepared by Palestinian researcher in the field of prisoners’ affairs, Abdul Nasser Farawna, revealed that Israeli authorities detain 4600 … Continue reading
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing / Restriction of movement Israel moves to further seal off Jerusalem from West Bank CSM 19 Dec — Israeli officials today approved plans for 2,612 new homes to be built on Givat … Continue reading
Video: Israeli soldiers attack hunger striker Samer al-Issawi and his family during court appearance
Israeli soldiers of the Nachshon Brigade attacked hunger-striking detainee, Samer al-Issawi, and his family when he tried to salute them as he was being taken into court. al-Issawi has been on hunger strike for 142 days demanding an end to his illegal detention, and is facing a sharply deteriorating health condition.
Land, property, resources theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel approves 1,500 more settler homes in East Jerusalem JERUSALEM (Reuters) 17 Dec — Israel approved plans to build 1,500 more Jewish settler homes in East Jerusalem on Monday, an official … Continue reading
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
Israel grows jittery of new Palestinian uprising JERUSALEM (AP) — The rising confidence and bellicosity of Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, combined with rapidly deteriorating relations with Israel’s would-be peace partner in the West Bank, are raising jitters in … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Israeli army officer in South Hebron Hills: ‘Today we demolish the mosque but as soon as we get the court order we will demolish your house as well’
Demolition in Mufaqra Perhaps you have read in recent days about the decision of the Israeli government to build more houses in settlements throughout the West Bank as a response to the Palestinian appeal to the UN. But most probably … Continue reading
Israeli settlement binge continues — 1,700 more illegal units expedited & settlers take over apts in East Jerusalem
Settlements / Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Apartheid & Occupation Israel expedites plan for 1,700 housing units in East Jerusalem Haaretz 4 Dec — Israel is continuing to take retaliatory measures in wake of the United Nations … Continue reading