- Video: Medea Benjamin interrupts Obama speech on US drone … 18
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the … 22
- Church of Scotland accepts controversial report on Israel/Palestine 5
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of … 7
- Chelsea Clinton’s multifaith initiative 14
- More on the ‘creepy’ al-Dura report 11
- Exile and the Prophetic: Does John Kerry have the keys … 8
- Wolf Blitzer looks for a religious state 12
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1699
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1360
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 399
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 97
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 91
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 51
- RT @Moe_Diab: Please take the time to read this touching article. Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/1bXte5Ilc5 @Mond…, 1 hour ago
- RT @alexbkane: Obama says expanded surveillance raises "difficult questions" , but his Justice Dept. has stalled on an inquiry into NYPD sp…, 14 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Flashback: Israel helped train Guatemalan dictator Rios Montt, recently convicted of genocide. https://t.co/oYsxDokunE, 15 hours ago
- RT @samknight1: Israel to train Chiapas police? Well. Say goodnight to the Zapatistas and probably a whole lot of indigenous groups http://…, 15 hours ago
- RT @RodrigoEBR: Medea Benjamin also told Obama "I love my country. I love the rule of law. Abide by the rule of law. You're a constitutiona…, 15 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (44)
- Hostage: To focus on the Zionist narrative entails that he looks specifically at the transformations in European...
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture because it doesn’t focus on Israel or the Holocaust (34)
- Danaa: Sorry, RoHa, I didn’t make myself clear. It was the Dutch jewish community that was descendant from the...
- Shmuel: When I was a kid, my father used to listen to a Yiddish programme on the radio, hosted by a Yiddish...
- Shmuel: Yonah, Specifically religious culture is undoubtedly an integral part of Yiddish language and culture (as in...
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox calls ‘fantastical’ racist propaganda (10)
- eGuard: Woody Tanaka: Derfner’s a zio. He’s going to twist himself into the most nonsensical mental contortions...
- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting (35)
- Hostage: You should read Ed Luce’s comments in the Financial Times recently, regarding the depth of Kerry’s...
- Half of Israel’s eligible youth don’t enlist– and ranks of ‘gray resisters’ grow (7)
- Citizen: @ Annie Robbins Current suicide rate for US veterans is 22 per day. http://www.forbes.com/sites...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (40)
- Djinn: Those Bantustans being part of Judea/Samaria in the minds of deluded Zionists.
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (97)
- Shingo: I don’t know who has said the Zionists begged the natives to stay, and on what evidence, but even if this...
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (19)
- homingpigeon: jon s, Habibi, I would really like a reaction to the information that tree has provided. I am always...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (44)
- Philip Weiss
- Marc H. Ellis
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Allison Deger
Tag Archives: Goldstone report
In addition to the destruction of the dairy factory, Israeli air strikes killed 2 people and damaged ‘a poultry and cattle farm, a water well, a carpentry shop, and a storeroom.’
Alex Kane talks with Dr. Mads Gilbert as Gilbert embarks on his latest speaking tour across the U.S. discussing Gaza, Cast Lead and the deepening siege. (Photo: Amanda Laprade)
It comes as no surprise that a newspaper owned by Mort Zuckerman, an ardent Zionist, would be anti-Palestinian and that it would strongly oppose efforts to break the Israeli naval blockade by sending a flotilla of ships to Gaza. But … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Obama administration killed off independent U.N. investigation into Israeli war crimes in Gaza
It was a shocking event in a twenty-two day assault filled with them: the Israeli military shelled a United Nations compound in Gaza City January 15, where humanitarian aid like fuel and water pumping stations were stationed as well as … Continue reading
The documented record still stands: Israel intentionally targets civilians and civilian infrastructure
Judge Richard Goldstone’s mea culpa in the Washington Post today is indeed “confusing and potentially damaging,” as Adam Horowitz writes. Key findings in the U.N. report–that “Israeli armed forces had carried out direct intentional strikes against civilians” in eleven incidents … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
Sneak Peak: The editors’ note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict
The following is an adapted excerpt of the Editors’ Note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The book will be available on January 11, and you can pre-order it here. Reports come … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: WikiLeaks expose European chill on Israel after Cast Lead, and Lebanese advice on defeating Hezbollah
WikiLeaks has gone from a drip to a torrent, and we need a way to keep up. With this post we inaugurate a new feature at this site. “The Palestine Cables” will be a weekly chronicle/analysis of important revelations bearing … Continue reading
You’ve heard the controversy – Now read the report for yourself We are excited to announce the publication of our new book – The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict (Nation Books). We … Continue reading
One of the most important stories we’ve picked up in the last few months is B’Tselem’s report that every other day a Palestinian noncombatant is killed in the occupied territories, on average. It is a reminder that just as the … Continue reading
It was big news when Israel charged two soldiers with forcing a Palestinian boy to act as a human shield during the Gaza onslaught of two years ago. See, they are accountable. Judge Goldstone’s report is all wrong when he … Continue reading
Yesterday I caught some of Andrew Sullivan’s appearance on Charlie Rose from the night before. He said he had stopped attending Catholic mass because the child abuse scandal sickened him, he said the church hierarchy was corrupted by it and … Continue reading
Israel-centric Ethan Bronner cites Israeli law on East J’lem and Golan, ignoring crystal clear int’l standards
Nestled in this all over-the-place article written by Ethan Bronner in today’s New York Times is this factually-challenged nugget: Both East Jerusalem and the Golan were officially annexed by Israel through parliamentary votes, so by Israeli law they count as … Continue reading
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak threatened Lebanon with the implementation of the “Dahiya doctrine” in the case of another war between Israel and Hezbollah in an interview with the Washington Post. Israel and Hezbollah have engaged in a war of … Continue reading