Stopping Sara from falling in love with Sammy in Qalandia

This Jewish organization based in LA and Jerusalem raises money to prevent the “exploitation of Jewish girls in Israel.” What does this mean? The group, called Learn and Live, says it is concerned with sex trafficking and girls getting into abusive relationships, but some of its appeal has a racial theme. Learn and Live seeks to “enhance Jewish identity” and keep Jewish girls out of “villages.”

When we wrote about Live and Learn before — and said the appeal was reminiscent of Southern attacks on miscegenation of the white race — the organization described these villages as “Arab villages.”

Now they’re a bit more coded. From the email I received yesterday:

Why are so many girls disappearing into villages?

I could tell you it is caused by poverty, or dysfunctional homes, or a generation raised on coexistence. The truth is much deeper. We are in a war and our young girls are the targets. The battle is for kedushas Israel and we are on the front lines trying to save our Jewish girls.

Some of the anti-Palestinian talk isn’t even in code. At the website, some of the stories are about Arab men:

Malka is a girl that Learn & Live saved from a life of abuse. At 17 and very overweight, she spent most evenings alone. Yousef, the Arab at the supermarket told her she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Though she didn’t want to get involved with a non Jewish person, his constant compliments and gifts got to her. She went with him in his car. “At first, I ducked under the window to make sure no one saw me” Malka admitted. “After awhile, I got used to going with him.” She started to fall in love with him and was about to go to his home in a village.

Her friend told our counselor at the Learn & Live Teen Center in Tzefat and we got her to come in. We had her meet with girls who had been rescued from the villages. With the help of our counselors, and a new social life, Malka left her him before she was taken….

Growing up poor and subject to her father’s abuse, Sara often dreamt of escaping her reality. Sara met Sammy in Tel Aviv. Sammy showered her with gifts; following a short courtship Sara fell in love and willingly moved to Kalandia with Sammy. There the relationship changed. Sara recalls – “I was like a slave. I was often severely beaten. Sammy’s family called their friends from the Hamas to do with me as they saw fit.” “I felt that no one wanted me – I felt trapped”….

philweiss

1. bigbill
    bigbill
    August 30, 2013, 3:34 pm

“The truth is much deeper. We are in a war and our young girls are the targets.”

I don’t think it is racial. They don’t talk about girls entrapped by Ethiopian Jews, do they? Its just the eternal Jewish war all over the world against mongrelization with goyim. American Jews call miscegenation “The Second Holocaust” don’t they? And just a couple generations ago they would expel a miscegenating daughter of Israel and even sit shiva for her. In fact, preventing mongrelization with American goyim is one of the primary motivations behind Nefesh b’Nefesh.

I think you are bring a bit too hard on these earnest ladies from LA. …

RoHa
      August 30, 2013, 11:51 pm

Quite right. Allowing freely chosen marriages based on love is no different from forcing people into gas chambers. Mustn’t let people marry those whom they love, or they’ll turn out coffee coloured people by the score.

Oh, the horror, the horror!

miriam6
        September 2, 2013, 1:42 am

RoHa

You are ignorant

Look at the modern Jewish population in Israel for example

You see blond/blue eyed Jews/ olive skinned/ brown skinned and black skinned Jews

Plenty of evidence THERE for an obvious Jewish predilection for ‘mixing’ ethnicities one way or another

Of course , these Jews turned out that way because the European/ African/ Arab ones marrying in/ converting to Judaism- showed a commitment to Judaism..

Which YOU can’t understand apparently and seem to have a horror of

BTW , are you planning on lecturing / berating Muslims in a similarly patronising manner on their obvious prejudice ( by the standards you apply to Jews, that is) on largely insisting on marrying fellow Muslims?

How dare they seek to reserve their religion and culture!

Or any African Americans for their preference for marrying other African Americans ?

People tend to marry folks of very similar background

But then, you seem to have an overwhelming desire to see Jews marry out and throw away an unbroken for centuries Religion, culture and community, but you don’t apply this criticism to others , like Muslims for instance

Hypocrite

2. MahaneYehude1
    MahaneYehude1
    August 30, 2013, 4:10 pm

While there are thousands of Jewish girls marry with Muslims men in Israel, it is very rare (if any) to see a Muslim girl marry Jewish man or has Jewish boyfriend. Even, it is not acceptable that Muslim woman sit alone with a man in coffee shop, for instance.

This phenomena has a strong root in Islam which encourage men to marry Jewish or Christian woman (Ahel Al-Kutab – The people of the book) and convert her to Islam. Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man.

“And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! The guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper.” (Koran, Surat Al-Baqarah: 120)

Woody Tanaka
      August 30, 2013, 4:36 pm

“While there are thousands of Jewish girls marry with Muslims men in Israel, it is very rare (if any) to see a Muslim girl marry Jewish man or has Jewish boyfriend.”

Which has as much to do with Jewish culture as Muslim culture.

Cliff
      August 30, 2013, 6:37 pm

What does that passage have to do with anything?

There are a billion Muslims. Not all of them are the same.

How many Jews are there?

Prove that thousands of Israeli Jews are marrying Muslims.

You pull that clash of civ./Jewish supremacist garbage out of your arse all you want, it’s not going to get any traction with people outside your little hate bubble.

MahaneYehude1
        August 31, 2013, 1:42 pm

@Cliff: Did you read my comment before you replied? P. Weiss wrote a post titled “Stopping Sara from falling in love with Sammy in Qalandia” tells about a Jewish organization that want to prevent Jewish girls marry Muslims. In my comment I only wrote that Muslims in Israel behave the same and prevent their girls to marry Jewish man (Please, read below Walid’s clarification). So, the title could be also “Stopping Ammani from falling in love with Avi in Tel-Aviv”.

I didn’t write my point of view which is: I have no problem with inter-racial marriage, not Jews with Muslims, not girls from both peoples with men from both peoples.

Cliff
        September 3, 2013, 5:56 am

PROVE that thousands of Israeli Jews marry Muslims.

PROVE that all Muslims are the same – all 1 billion+ of them and ALL of them are not into intermarriage

Prove it you Islamophobe.

And to tokyobk and other narcissistic Jewish nationalists, KahaneYehude1 is an example of Islamophobia

NOT your finger-nail breaking/toe-stubbing complaints

MahaneYehude1
        September 3, 2013, 1:50 pm

@Cliff: From unknown reason to me, you do a lot of efforts to show others I am Islamophobe. Could you, please, tell me the reason of that? Maybe, only maybe, I love Muslims?

I think my reply to you on August 31, is enough. Please, don’t rewrite me and add BS. I never said 1 billion Muslims are the same. I said, and repeat again, that in ISRAEL there are no couples consist of Muslim WOMAN and Jewish MAN. But, there are many Muslim man and Non-Muslim woman couples in Israel. I leave the explanations for others.

Please, read Walid and Bilal explanations and see that I wrote truth and only truth.

Why do you call me Kahane? Is it more comfortable to you to deal with Jewish nationalist than with Israeli that love Arabs and want peace?

Walid and Bilal: Although you are not “in my side” (maybe some day :) ), please, I appreciate if you can add something to convince Cliff and others there is no Islamophobia in my comments. Allah Maakum!!!

I think I wrote enough on this issue. You can take and understand what ever you want. Shalom.

annie
        September 3, 2013, 4:31 pm

how do you know? did you read that somewhere?

MahaneYehude1
        September 3, 2013, 5:23 pm

@Annie: As one that live in Jerusalem in Jewish-Muslim neighborhood and work with many Arabs, I know, and they admit, that they oppose any relationship of Muslim woman with non-Muslim man. I believe that, in secretly, there are few couples. I personally didn’t see, hear or know about one. I don’t say ALL Muslims oppose this kind of relationship, but it is enough that several of them oppose in order to prevent it. I don’t want to write here what will be a destiny of such woman, because readers here will think I write BS (except the Muslims, I hope).

Annie, in one of his comments in this thread, Walid, which I appreciate his honesty, wrote: “…. a Muslim woman cannot marry a Christian or a Jewish man unless they convert to Islam”.

In other comment here, Bilal wrote “The same status (see former sentences) is assigned to the marriage of a Muslim woman with a Christian or Jewish man”.

I sure that you know several Muslims and I appreciate if you check with them whether my claim is correct or false. Better, with Israeli Palestinians or Palestinians from OT. Also, please read the other comments in this thread and judge by your self.

BTW, since we are “talking”, I must say that I surprise. I participate in this site about 10 days. Although I consider my self a man of peace and reconciliation, I already received many comments claim I am racist, materially less qualified than…, BS, Hasbaratist etc. and the worse of all – Islamophobe (something that hurt me very much). The fact that I am a potato seller has nothing to do with my abilities. I think some readers here want to ban me. If yes, they only have to say it Dugri – MW was before me and will remain after me.

Let me bless you with Shana Tova Wumetuka!!
        Peace will be soon in Israel and Palestine.

annie
        September 3, 2013, 5:36 pm

Mahane, i questioned you because your original framing was so definitive i misinterpreted your meaning thinking you were stating this as fact and i was curious to see the source, that’s all.

that makes more sense. also, in case you missed it http://mondoweiss.net/2013/09/no-one-knows-what-obama-stands-for.html#comment-590304

and wrt your queries about how your ‘reconciliation’ has not been embraced; when you twist people’s words and claim you ‘share their blessing’ for a growing zionist movement in the new year while addressing people who are actively resisting the horrible ethnic cleansing such growth entails, we can all see and hear that. if you’re going to give someone a greeting it’s not more fun when you throw salt on it. just saying. we’re not idiots and some things you can’t sugarcoat no matter how much you profess to be making an effort. and the little sidekick?” it shows some people can’t take a moment off from their animosity for a simple greeting. well, i won’t be making that mistake tomorrow.

MahaneYehude1
        September 3, 2013, 6:01 pm

@Annie: OK, thanks, read your reply and take it seriously. One more word, please: read my all comments to know better who I am.

Thanks for your blessing for the New Year. I also pray with you for peace.

American
        September 3, 2013, 6:50 pm

I don’t see what MahaneYehude said as Islamophobic or hasbara, that is a practice among ‘some’ Muslims from what I have read elsewhere. And I would imagine the Jewish-Palestine differences in Israel contributes to it also.

Cliff
        September 3, 2013, 8:54 pm

@miriam666

Nothing in Kahane’s comment talks about Islamofascism, although I’m sure you both fit the description Islamophobes.

Kahane (and likely you) believes/SAYZ EXPLICITLY that:

So while there are apparently THOUSANDS of Jews marrying Muslim men, it’s not happening the other way around (Muslim women).

Here’s a simply request that even racist loonies like you two can answers:

Where is the proof that THOUSANDS of Israeli Jewish women are marrying Muslim men.

The end. Get to it.

Cliff
        September 3, 2013, 8:56 pm

@kahane

No you didn’t write ‘enough’ on this ‘issue’.

You didn’t provide a single iota of evidence.

Back up the claim that THOUSANDS of Israeli Jewish women are marrying Muslim men.

Thanks. I await your next pathetic excuse (accompanied by the troll Miriam666 criticizing me for fear of ‘debate’ with Islamophobes like herself and you).

MahaneYehude1
        September 4, 2013, 11:05 am

@Cliff: Please, read the other comments in this threads, especially comments written by Arabs. BTW, who is kahane? If you decide to call me kahane, don’t expect replies from me.

Cliff
        September 4, 2013, 2:30 pm

he wasn’t making some sociological observation

he was COMPARING Jewish marriage conventions to Muslim ones

he said THOUSANDS of Israeli Jews marry Muslims

he cited no evidence to prove this comparison

the comparison is Islamophobic because it says, ‘look at the Muslims and look at us, we’re more [] than them’

simply talking about Muslim marriage conventions is another context

bilal a
      August 30, 2013, 8:18 pm

Love Jihad.

MahaneYehude1
        August 31, 2013, 2:06 pm

@Bilal: Me too, I also love Jihad. When I was teenager, I had a friend from Yata named Jihad. We worked together in the market and from time to time we took a break to smoke together. I miss him…

Walid
        September 1, 2013, 5:17 am

It’s a shame how the meaning of this word is so misinterpreted, misunderstood and misused by both Muslims and non-Muslims. Another word that is bandied about and used in all sauces by Arabs because it has a dramatic ring to it is “shahid” that implies martyrdom.

Inanna
      August 31, 2013, 12:54 am

The concept of the People of the Book has nothing to do with marrying non-Muslims to convert them. It’s a recognition of the inheritance of Islam from Judaism and Christianity. Nor are any Muslims encouraged to marry non-Muslims whether they are people of the book or not just to convert them. I know people who have married Muslims (including members of my own family) and converted and many others who have not converted. Muslims aren’t the ones who are worried about demographic threats or ‘marrying out’. The racist discourse is coming from Israeli Jews wanting to maintain ethno-religious supremacy over non-Jews.

So how about you tone down your Islamophobia for a bit. There are plenty of Arabs and Muslims around here ready to smack you down when you start writing bullshit about us. I’m amazed at the stupidity of the hasbarats who think that we’re gullible enough to swallow this tripe.

MahaneYehude1
        August 31, 2013, 1:43 am

@Inanna: Please, you can say all about me but not Islamophobe. As Annie wrote in other thread, we don’t know who is behind the pseudo names. There is nothing against Islam in my comment. I only wanted to clarify things and also cited the Holy Korean. Instead of call me Islamophobe, please, check again if the information in my comment is correct. For sure I can tell you one fact: There are thousands of Arab man and Jewish woman couples in Israel (which I have no problem with that). I never saw or know or heard there are couple consists of Arab woman and Jewish man (In Israel). I don’t know the reason for that and will be glad to hear from you any explanation.

One more thing: please, don’t call me Hasbara. I am tired to read this whenever an Israeli try to express his feeling. I am not working in Hasbara ministry, I am a regular citizen, Potato seller in Mahane Yehuda market in Jerusalem. Salam.

Shingo
        September 1, 2013, 7:23 am

If you justify racist sentiments or justify Israel’s crimes and the repugnant Zionist supremacist ideology – as well as rolling out the old BS Israeli history – them you will be called out for Hasbara.

German Lefty
        September 1, 2013, 9:53 am

I only wanted to clarify things and also cited the Holy Korean.
        Interesting. But who is this mysterious “Holy Korean”?

Walid
      August 31, 2013, 5:33 am

“This phenomena has a strong root in Islam which encourage men to marry Jewish or Christian woman (Ahel Al-Kutab – The people of the book) and convert her to Islam. ”

Not necessarily, a Muslim man can still marry a Christian or Jewish woman without the need for the women to become Muslims. Converting them to Islam is desirable but not obligatory. On the other hand, a Muslim woman cannot marry a Christian or a Jewish man unless they convert to Islam. Contrary to the Jews, its the religion of the man that determines the religion of the children.

MahaneYehude1
        August 31, 2013, 6:31 am

@Walid: Thank you very much for your comment and clarification. Shukran Jazilan!!!

just
        August 31, 2013, 8:43 am

I know more than a few Muslim women who have married Christians and Jews– no conversion at all.

Walid
        August 31, 2013, 9:45 am

In a civil marriage, religion is of no consequence. I was talking about religious marriages in countries where religious marriages are obligatory. Can a Jewish man marry a non-Jew that doesn’t convert?

Stephen Shenfield
        August 31, 2013, 2:35 pm

So far as I know, no rabbi will marry a Jew to a non-Jew who has not converted (whichever way round it is). Reform rabbis generally make it easier for the non-Jewish partner to convert, but there is widespread dislike of conversion that is solely for the purpose of marriage. The best strategy is to simulate a genuine attraction to Judaism and get converted on that basis first, and only then bring up the question of marriage.

Xpat
        August 31, 2013, 2:49 pm

@Stephen – did you just emerge from a 100 year sleep? What you say has NEVER been the case. Nowadays, it is rare to find Reform clergy who will not perform interfaith marriages. This has even made inroads into the Consevative movement. I know this from personal acquaintance. I can give you lengthy lists of names if you still don’t believe me.

bilal a
        August 31, 2013, 4:58 pm

In my understanding ,under traditional Islamic jurisprudence, it is disliked for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or Jewish woman (Kitabi), because in modern times, they often do not meet the definition of a chaste woman of the book.

It is forbidden for a Muslim man to marry an atheist, Communist, pagan, Buddhist or any other such category which could be defined as ;Mushrik’, idolatrice. Such a marriage would not be a marriage at all, without legal definition, and therefore the children would be bastards and the couple merely fornicators (zanni). The same status is assigned to the marriage of a Muslim woman with a Christian or Jewish man. The same applies to the marriage of two Muslims where one leaves the faith apostates, man or woman:

“Conclusion: This marriage of yours is invalid and it is not permissible to allow him to be intimate with you unless he comes back to Islam and enters the faith by pronouncing the Shahaadatayn and following the rulings of Islam. If he does not do that then the marriage must be annulled in a sharee’ah court. If you cannot do that or if there is no sharee’ah court where you live, then you should ask him for a divorce. If he refuses then you should divorce him by means of khula’, returning his mahr or more or less so that you can be separated. ”

Thus Islamic marital restrictions only depend on religious beliefs and not on race or tribe. This is essentially where Islamic and Jewish law diverge, The halaka is not race neutral:

“52. Not to marry gentiles, as [Deuteronomy 7:3] states: “Do not marry among them.”

53. For a Jewish woman never to marry an Am­monite or Moabite [even after conversion], as [Deuteronomy 23:4] states: “An Ammonite or a Moabite shall never enter the congregation of God.”

54. Not to prevent the third generation of [converts from] the descendants of Esau from marrying among [the Jewish people], as [Deuteronomy 23:8] states: “Do not [utterly] despise an Edomite.”

55. Not to prevent the third generation of Egyptian [converts] from marrying among [the Jewish peo­ple], as [Deuteronomy 23:8] states: “Do not [ut­terly] despise an Egyptian.””

Mishnah Torah

But there is a diversity of opinions on these issues in Islamic law, although a consensus exists on the prohibition of marriage of a believing Muslim with a non-believer mushrik , and to deny the Quranic injunctions is disbelief, while committing the sin, is not.

Stephen Shenfield
        September 1, 2013, 9:22 am

I’m willing to take your word for it. I have been out of touch with Jewish affairs for quite a few years now (though not quite 100!). But I still recall that it used to be the case.

As this is a site about Israel/Palestine, let me add that from the point of view of Israeli law and practice it doesn’t matter what Reform and Conservative rabbis do or do not do because only Orthodox Judaism is recognized in Israel. Even if you have been converted by a non-Orthodox rabbi that conversion will not be recognized in Israel. Many Americans who regard themselves as Jews are not so regarded in Israel.

MahaneYehude1
        September 2, 2013, 11:59 am

@Bilal: I read your comment several times. If I do understand good, you say that “Islamic marital restrictions only depend on religious beliefs and not on race or tribe” but Jewish marital restrictions depend on race. So, is it OK from your side to allow Sara and Sammy be in love affair and marry but prevent Ammani and Avi relationships? In other words, prevention depend on religion is OK but not prevention depend on race? I don’t think it makes any difference for the couple if a Jew, based on race, prevents their love or a Muslim, based on religion, prevents their love.

German Lefty
        September 1, 2013, 9:44 am

What about freedom of religion? Children should determine their own religion.

Eva Smagacz
      August 31, 2013, 9:43 am

With the subordinate status of a woman in past centuries, it was taken for granted that a woman will convert upon marriage (hell, one of the main arguments about not giving women votes in Europe was that they will vote as their husbands and fathers anyway, so what’s the point).
      So marrying non-Muslim the woman was (and is – in the more conservative societies that don’t imagine women’s autonomy) considered to be put under impossible pressure of having to rescind her faith or at very least forced to raise her own children in her husband faith.

Pamela Olson
      August 31, 2013, 2:20 pm

I’m a Christian-raised American who married a Muslim Turk. No conversion on either side. We respect each other’s views and believe there are many paths. Just a counterpoint.

Some obnoxious people from all religions think theirs is the only way, and if you don’t convert (or if you convert out), that’s it for you, you’re on the road to perdition. I don’t have much time for those types.

just
        August 31, 2013, 2:26 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Pamela. That has been my experience as well.

I’ll never have time for “those types” either. It’s actually quite an affront to humanity and an obstacle to peaceful coexistence, imho. The majority of people seek to find differences between one another, rather than acknowledging the vast similarities that we share.

3. ritzl
    ritzl
    August 30, 2013, 4:31 pm

I hear the Palestinians are a warm and friendly people. Maybe that’s just an irresistible way to be, romantically speaking.

4. Citizen
    Citizen
    August 30, 2013, 4:40 pm

Hey, imagine where this stuff would get in USA, where interracial coupling is praised, and most of it to date is between white girls and black men. How is it that the US funds, and diplomatically covers Israel while at the same time they keep David Duke et al as a fringe freak show–in any country 98% Goy and with such a large percentage of white goys? Just asking. Should I ask Jerry Springer?

5. Woody Tanaka
    Woody Tanaka
    August 30, 2013, 4:43 pm

I’m sure that Hoppy will be by any time know to tell us how they’re “more worried about the haredim than the Arabs.”

6. a blah chick
    a blah chick
    August 30, 2013, 7:00 pm

“Sammy’s family called their friends from the Hamas to do with me as they saw fit.”

Would it be irresponsible to speculate on what that entailed?

These fascist types are so predictable. This is all about controlling the sexuality of Jewish women and Arab men. Meanwhile Jewish men will be allowed to sleep with whomever they want.

Djinn
      August 31, 2013, 1:13 am

Yep racism and misogyny in one neat little package.

7. Abuadam
    Abuadam
    August 30, 2013, 9:49 pm

Pray tell where does someone from Kalandia get the money to shower her with gifts, and just how did he get to Tel Aviv.

K Renner
      September 1, 2013, 3:54 pm

Well, they expect Jews in North America to read the “true” stories– obviously all written with variants of “The Sheikh of Araby”, in mind– so they don’t have to worry too much about facts or reality.

8. doug
    doug
    August 30, 2013, 11:09 pm

This sort of extreme phobia to outsider marriage reminds me of the insular Syrian Jewish community in Brooklyn. NYT had a fascinating article about them.

9. Henry Norr
    Henry Norr
    August 31, 2013, 2:34 am

Back in 2007, the local authorities in Kiryat Gat – the site of Intel Israel’s giant chip-fabricating facility – convened an “emergency” conference to address the problem of Jewish girls taking up with Bedouin boys, which they labeled a “disaster.” The upshot: a program run by the municipal welfare department, with support from the police, that sends speakers into public school classrooms to warn girls about the dangers they face from Arab boys. The curriculum even includes a 10-minute video entitled “Sleeping with the Enemy.”

10. just
    just
    August 31, 2013, 11:14 am

Here’s how Israel is making sure that their precious and pure darlings don’t get involved with “infiltrators”:

“Israel plans to soon begin deporting migrants from Eritrea and Sudan, who number more than 50,000, back to Africa via Uganda, officials said.

Israel regards most of the Africans as illegal visitors in search of jobs, and largely rejects the position of human rights groups that many fled their countries in search of political asylum.

A statement late on Thursday from interior minister Gideon Sa’ar said Israel would soon begin a staged process of deporting the migrants, most of whom have crossed the border with Egypt since 2006.

Sa’ar said an agreement had been reached with Uganda to absorb the “infiltrators”, who would soon be urged “to leave of their own free will”.

Sa’ar said the prime minister’s special envoy Hagai Hadas had obtained Uganda’s consent, Haaretz reported.

The chairwoman of parliament’s committee on foreign workers, Michal Rozin, speaking by phone, said there were “rumours” that Uganda may have agreed to the arrangement in exchange for a deal for money and weapons.”

So ‘fitting’ that these two bastions of human rights should be working so closely together in this new ‘slave trade for weapons and moolah’, eh? Uganda is notorious for its human trafficking.

11. Allison Deger
    Allison Deger
    August 31, 2013, 12:50 pm

I like the not so subtle insinuation that if “Malka” were thinner, this would have never have happened to her. Girls, take care of your appearances, or Jewish boys won’t want you!

just
      August 31, 2013, 1:03 pm

Yeah, that was quite touching in a faux concern sort of way. It was also demeaning to Yousef who had the questionable taste to fall for this young Jewish “outcast”.

All in all, it sounds as though this young lady was more of a victim of her own father and her own society…….

(assuming, of course, that ANY of it is even true…)

just
        August 31, 2013, 1:53 pm

Sorry for my error in my above post. Sara was the victim of her papa and her society. Malka was the victim of her society and her own lack of self-esteem.

Learn and Live sounds like a deprogramming center to bring the ‘wayward’ girls back into the cult of Zionism and to ensure the ‘purity’ of the cult.

Stephen Shenfield
      August 31, 2013, 2:48 pm

When my mum was overweight, my dad assured her that he preferred her that way, there was more of her to hold on to. In the old days the general attitude was that fleshier women are more desirable. That wasn’t a specifically Jewish attitude, though it lasted longer in Eastern Europe than in the West so it affected Jews who had come from that region. It probably also had something to do with obesity being a symbol of wealth and prosperity (e.g. the fat capitalists in old left-wing cartoons) and thinness a symbol of poverty. Later the symbols switched because poor people could afford lots of food but only of poor quality (potatoes, etc.). I leave it to others to comment on whether and how this is relevant to present-day Israeli Jews and Palestinians.

12. Marco
    Marco
    September 1, 2013, 1:26 am

The racial element of this type of discrimination cannot be erased.

Immediately after this piece is posted we see Zionist apologists deployed, ready with heavy verbal artillery to equate Islamic practice with Israeli oppression.

The problem for them in making this equation is a dire one. The good people at Live and Learn couldn’t care less whether the Palestinian boyfriends of Israeli Jewish girls are willing to convert or not. They do not care if they are Muslim, Christian, or interested in converting to Judaism. They are opposed to this type of mixing on a racial basis.

13. bilal a
    bilal a
    September 1, 2013, 4:37 am

US Military has a similar problem:

Tales from the field: The female soldier making whoopee with the male ‘terp