Elvis Costello cancels Israel concerts: sometimes it’s ‘impossible to simply look the other way’

Following a campaign by BDS organizers, Elvis Costello has announced that he will be canceling his upcoming shows in Israel. It doesn’t sound like it was an easy decision for him, and he has posted a thoughtful statement about the decision on his website:

Then there are occasions when merely having your name added to a concert schedule may be interpreted as a political act that resonates more than anything that might be sung and it may be assumed that one has no mind for the suffering of the innocent.

I must believe that the audience for the coming concerts would have contained many people who question the policies of their government on settlement and deplore conditions that visit intimidation, humiliation or much worse on Palestinian civilians in the name of national security.

I am also keenly aware of the sensitivity of these themes in the wake of so many despicable acts of violence perpetrated in the name of liberation.

Some will regard all of this an unknowable without personal experience but if these subjects are actually too grave and complex to be addressed in a concert, then it is also quite impossible to simply look the other way.

He ends:

Sometimes a silence in music is better than adding to the static and so an end to it.

I cannot imagine receiving another invitation to perform in Israel, which is a matter of regret but I can imagine a better time when I would not be writing this.

About Adam Horowitz

Adam Horowitz is Co-Editor of Mondoweiss.net.
Posted in Israel/Palestine

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

1. Frances says:

Oh my goodness. It’s really happening, the cultural boycott is really happening. Fingers crossed he stays strong and doesn’t buckle.

2. lobewyper says:

Well said, Elvis!

3. occupy nomo says:

Thank you Elvis. Slowly but surely artists like you will make a difference.

4. potsherd says:

More class than Ozzie Osborn.

• potsherd says:

And Margaret Atwood.

• demize says:

Class? The man is a blithering imbecile. I still like some Sabbath lol. Bono is an insufferable twit for more than just this issue.

• I dunno ..if you’re an old washed up has-been that passed your use-by date decades ago and all you have to go on is a semblance of talent many people forgot about years ago..Israelis will still have you.

Look at all the decrepit specimens turning up on Israel’s doorstep. Do any of them still have their own teeth/hair/internal organs?

Alternatively if you’re a spectacularly untalented nobody who most people have never heard of Israelis will be glad to receive you too.

Go Elvis

• demize says:

C’mon, the man has mortage payments to make on his Mc’Mansion. He could always do War-Pigs. That would be appropriate, if he can remember the words. I am disappointed with The Stranglers. The Pixies ignored BDS. Requests as well I think.

5. Oscar says:

Remarkable. I’ve always had the greatest respect for Elvis and own 10 of his albums. As he may be saying in the linked post: “what’s so funny about peace, love and understanding?”.

Now . . . Calling Bono . . . Your move: do you support Bishop Desmond Tutu in his fight against apartheid as you claim in “Bullet the Blue Sky” or are you a hypocritical phony like Margaret Atwood?

6. VR says:

Good news, thank you Elvis, and a very thoughtful statement.

“Well you know your time has come and you’re sorry for what you’ve done
    You should’ve never have been playing with a gun
    In those Complicated Shadows
    Well there’s a line that you must toe
    and it’ll soon be time to go
    but it’s darker than you know in those Complicated Shadows.”

7. radii says:

Elvis, always a trendsetter and true to his artistic expression.

Glad to see someone with his heft as a popular artist is taking part in BDS. It will only gain momentum.

For a laugh, follow this link to a pic of loonie Republican Congresswoman and arch-zionist Michelle Bachmann and birther leader and israeli citizen Oily Taint (oop, I mean Orley Taitz)

• “follow this link to a pic of loonie Republican Congresswoman and arch-zionist Michelle Bachmann and birther leader and israeli citizen Oily Taint ”

Which is witch?
      Yeah, pun intended..

8. When I read this I became too emotional and made a post straight away with this comment:
    “This year’s Model!!! May the others learn from the master!
    This has a special resonance in me. I loved everything Costello has done over the years. I still hold on all his unused LPs and cannot bring myself to get rid of them. Great news which brings a bit of comfort in the midst of the daily avalanche of depressing, discouraging ones..”

9. J Longstrat says:

I always wondered when the artists would start to show some courage. Where is Sean Penn? Oliver Stone? Joan Baez? the actors, directors, songwriters of conscience? And what of those with so much money they have nothing to lose — what holds them back?

10. eljay says:

Very thoughtful, very succinct, very classy.

11. Yep! “Complicated Shadows”, a beauty for the ages!

12. Taxi says:

Cheers big ears, Elvis – right here on mondoweiss is your ‘Oliver’s Army’:

“Don’t start me talking
    I could talk all night
    My mind goes sleepwalking
    While I’m putting the world to right
    Called careers information
    Have you got yourself an occupation?

CHORUS:
    Oliver’s army is here to stay
    Oliver’s army are on their way
    And I would rather be anywhere else
    But here today

There was a checkpoint charlie
    He didn’t crack a smile
    But it’s no laughing party
    When you’ve been on the murder mile
    Only takes one itchy trigger
    One more widow, one less white nigger

CHORUS

Hong Kong is up for grabs
    London is full of arabs
    We could be in palestine
    Overrun by a chinese line
    With the boys from the Mersey and the Thames and the Tyne
    But there’s no danger
    It’s a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill’s ear
    If you’re out of luck you’re out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg

CHORUS

And I would rather be anywhere else
    But here today
    And I would rather be anywhere else
    But here today.”

• Diane Mason says:

This is what was driving me nuts when I heard he was scheduled to play Israel. How could the man who wrote Oliver’s Army to go to Israel?

• Taxi says:

It’s a question I’m sure that gave Elvis a sleepless night or two. But in the end, Diane, seems he decided truth IS justice IS peace of mind.

13. demize says:

What’s so funny bout peace love & understanding? Just give me credit when you change the name of the post ^_^

14. demize says:

Sorry Oscar I hadn’t seen your post, I was so elated.

15. demize says:

Ahh what the hell. I fear he will now be “Watching the invectives” couldn’t help myself. I knew he was a good lad.

16. homingpigeon says:

I’m not familiar with Costello’s music but now I will make sure I start listening. I didn’t start listening to the Dixie Chicks until they made that scene about the Iraq war. We must remember to do reverse BDS as well with performers of integrity and their products.

17. Seham says:

I just bought an assload of his music on itunes. I think others should as well…

18. eGuard says:

Elvis Costello: I cannot imagine receiving another invitation to perform in Israel. Well, he’ll be invited in the after-Apartheid era. Then, in Ramallah/(East) Jerusalem too.

19. What I would like to see is one big bloody noisy concert on the vast plaza that Israel has built to overlook the Kotel (part of the Jewish Disneyland).

This would give those who inhabit those hideous mediaeval fortress apartments built on the front of the Jewish Quarter at least one sleepless night.

And only Palestinians would get tickets.

20. Brewer says:

Always liked Costello – he woke me up to the “New Wave” with a song called Oliver’s Army – still one of my favourites.

Gotta tell you this one.

In the middle of a concert in Glasgow, Bono stopped the band and began clapping his hands over his head. He then announced: “Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies.”

After a significant pause, a voice from the back of the auditorium shouted:

“They why dooon’t ye stop deeing it then!”

21. I admire Costello’s stand (and his music), but I don’t think that BDS is a morally simple issue, as many of the posters seem to be asserting. Chomsky commented in Haaretz yesterday, “I was against a boycott of apartheid South Africa as well. If we are going to boycott, why not the United States, whose record is even worse? I’m in favor of boycotting American companies which collaborate with the occupation,” he said. “But if we are to boycott Tel Aviv University, why not MIT?”

I remember when Paul Simon was being castigated for using South African musicians and recording parts of “Graceland” in South Africa; these days that looks like a move that helped rather than hurt.

The reduction of complex issues to simple binary positions is rarely a useful tool. Thee are places for disagreeing with Atwood’s statement, but to term someone who has struggled as long, as hard, and as nobly for human rights as she has as a “hypocritical phony”[sic] only leaves the commentator looking a jejune naïf.

22. A thoughtful comment by Elvis.

• aparisian says:

first step towards recognising the benefits of BDS witty?

• Statements of conscience are different than statements of ideology.

Ideology is what gave us Naziism, Stalinism, Zionism (neo-religious and nationalist), violent Palestinian nationalism (neo-religious and nationalist), and all fanatic approaches to religion (in contrast to the encouragement to compassion – “Love thy neighbor as thyself”)

BDS as a slogan is more in the set of ideologs. Thoughtful reticent ethical choices by Elvis Costello is something different.

• aparisian says:

Thats vague Witty, there is an ideology beyond every action even humanist actions. The BDS movement against Apartheid SA had an ideology, nope?

• Ideology only drives those that are driven by ideology.

It is different than being driven by compassion.

• aparisian says:

so then whats the difference between BDS Apartheid SA and the BDS Apartheid Israel?

And why do you consider that the actual BDS is not being driven by compassion?

Thanks in advance,
          Aparisian

• BDS apartheid was similar.

To the extent that the ideologs (and the knowledge of some of the actions by ANC and other factions) were prominent, the mass movement delayed.

What person motivated by caring for humanity, will sign on to propaganda (willing to misrepresent, to selectively present).

• aparisian says:

Whats your definition for propaganda Witty?

• I think I defined it in my parantheses, the willingness to misrepresent.

• aparisian says:

BDS is specific to Israel. Where in the whole world we see Apartheid policies today?

• Are you joking? How many places in the world are cultures subordinated, with restricted movement, even for Palestinians?

How about Lebanon? In which three generations of Palestinians born in Lebanon, don’t have the right to vote there.

• aparisian says:

You make no sense here, When in earth you hear about Christian only (or Muslim only) roads? Settlements? Walls? Checkpoints?

1) They are refugees Witty, Citzenship laws for refugees are also specific to each country. In the meanwhile Palestinian refugees are free of movement in Lebanon etc…

2) BDS was initiated after the call of 171 Palestinian non-governmental organizations, Can you tell me how many Palestinian organisations called for BDS in Lebanon?

• Ok, I’m done talking to Witty. Dumber than Zamass. A feat!

• Three generations aren’t refugees. They are refugees now because the Arab world didn’t absorb them.

They get to call it “solidarity”.

I hear that you stand in solidarity, aparisian.

I stand in compassion. If you bothered, you’d find that I oppose restricted road access, checkpoints. (There are many places in the world where communities settle, including as a state expansion exercise – ever hear of Tibet?). I oppose the state sponsorship and protection for settlement expansion.

I just don’t have illusions that the attitudes of Palestinian solidarity is progressive in the western sense of the word. More, that they often represent one conservative (reactionary) faction fighting another.

So, our very topical goals allign in many ways, but our ideologies and long-term goals diverge.

The tone of Palestinian solidarity, that won’t accept liberals holding positions that are similar to their stated progressive views (removal of occupation, equal civil rights) because they don’t adopt the demonization of Israel, Israelis, Zionism, is reflective.

It represents the movement. In that sense, I don’t call it a progressive movement, but a very conservative, reactionary movement.

Likud Zionism is not a progressive movement by any stretch either.

I want to be for something. Don’t you?

• Mooser says:

Aparisian, the important take-away is that Palastinian Nationalism is right up there with Stalin and Hitler. Jewish Nationalism, on the other hand, is a “jewel”.

• aparisian says:

You ignored my questions Witty but its ok i m used to the method.

“Three generations aren’t refugees. They are refugees now because the Arab world didn’t absorb them.”

Call them whatever you want, their parents are refugees, then they are refugees. Using your logic, i wonder then why Jews in ‘diaspora’ do have the right to return to ‘Israel’ ? Please answer to this question Witty.

I stand in compassion

Nope you stand no where Witty when you continue to support War crimes in Palestine.

I oppose the state sponsorship and protection for settlement expansion.

Zionism is all about settlements and your Zionist therefore you are not credible here.

• demize says:

Northern Ireland during The Troubles. You know how great that turned out. As I walk through this wicked world…

23. Julian says:

Wow Elvis Costello! Just think what a victory this is in getting a racist performer that was over 30 years ago to cancel.
    I remember when Costello called Ray Charles “blind, ignorant, nig…”. What a wonderful guy.

• aparisian says:

Julian, so you call this racist while you keep giving unlimited support for those who draw grafiti “Gaz the Arabs” on occupied Palestine?

• Mooser says:

“I remember when Costello called Ray Charles “blind, ignorant, nig…”.

You shoulda stood up, and leaning over the sight-deprived Charles, just flat out socked Costello right in the nose! Just flat tag the bastard!
      Cause I know you Julian, when you get in one of your Civil Rights rages, you are no respecter of personages!
      But wow, the people Zionists get to hang out with!

24. Mustafa Barghouthi and Noam Chomsky Deliver Joint Condemnation of ’Fascist’ Israeli Policies
    MP Dr. Mustafa Barghouthi, Secretary General of the Palestinian National Initiative, co-hosted a press conference in Ramallah today with Professor Noam Chomsky, speaking from Amman, Jordan. Professor Chomsky, who along with his daughter was prevented from entering the West Bank yesterday by Israeli authorities, could not recall “comparable actions outside of totalitarian states”. Dr. Barghouthi denounced Chomsky’s treatment, saying it “represented facist tendancies” of the Israeli government.
    link to palestinemonitor.org

25. Maleb Anawi has just received a demolition order for his home. “I asked the police where should I go?”, he says, “I was told that is my problem”. Anawi has no easy answers, already he has moved several times, but on six occasions his property has been destroyed by Israeli soldiers. In Al-Hadidye, a Bedouin village in the north of the Jordan Valley, his prospects appear bleak.

26. Aref says:

Thank you Elvis. As for Bono? He is nothing but a sweet talking hypocrite with unquenchable thirst for publicity.

27. Sumud says:

The AFP have picked up the story, I wonder who’ll report it?

“Elvis Costello cancels Israel gig”
    link to google.com

28. annie says:

ynet reports Culture and Sports Minister Limor Livnat criticized singer Elvis Costello for calling off his concerts in Israel. According to the minister, “An artist boycotting his fans in Israel is unworthy of performing here.”

because performing in israel is a privilege?

29. J Longstrat says:

Sumud, you know who will report on Elvis?

about as many news outlets as reported on the Human Rights Watch report on Gaza last week. (Now i m a g i n e if the report had accused Palestinians of similar human rights violations …)

• Sumud says:

I get your point JL but at a certain point the mainstream media are forced by the sheer quantity of events to report on them. The New York Times finally reported on non-violent protests in the West Bank. CNN picks up the story of the three girls from Nablus competing in the School Science Fair in the US (hey Palestinians aren’t all terrorists), MW just linked to a not-perfect-but-OK Washington Post article on the settlement produce boycott, which also mentioned the growing non-violent protest movement. I’m an optimist, I think the comments on articles – often extremely critical of Israel – are giving cover for editors wishing to report more honestly on I/P.

• Dan Kelly says:

It was picked up yahooNews:

link to news.yahoo.com

30. Tell me now that Luis Miguel is out of coma and the news from the music world will be PER-fect.

31. Asaf says:

Hypocrisy -

Mr Costello announced that he boycott Israel, Well he has the right. Furthermore, he clarify that the motive for that act was his conscience Bla-bla-bla… Well, let check Mr Costello double standard:

In June Mr Costello will tour the US – A country that occupy Afghanistan and Iraq.

In July He will be touring England – A country that occupy Afghanistan, Iraq, North Ireland and the Malvinas Islands (The English invaders named them Falkland Islands).

In July 2005 he played in Turkey – A country that occupy part of Cyprus and a country that murder thousands of Kurds even today.

He played in France which occupy Corsica, in Spain which occupy Catalonia and the Basque and so on…

This is the true about the political Mr Costello. This the true about his moral standards.

Mr Costello – you may hate the state of Israel and it’s chosen government (you are not the first and not the last. Ahmadinejad and Bin laden have precede you) but don’t you try to hide it behind supreme values like “conscience” and “morality” – you are nothing better then the mob that burn Israeli flags in Teheran and Gaza.

Go ahead Mr Costello, support the Muslims – Just tell me one thing please – Do they allow their young ladies to dance at your music ?

Go ahead Mr Costello, support the Muslims

Show your ugly face, you Anti-semi. Show your islamophobic ugly face to the world.

• Asaf says:

Funny to hear it from an anti-israeli, anti-Semite, a liar and an Arab propagandist like yourself.
        Israel, with all of it’s sickness is much more democratic, free, and pluralist than any Arab nation. This is not islamophobic, it’s a fact.
        The Arabs got nothing with freedom and solidarity- you people depress women, pursue homosexuals, and kill non-muslims. You decline Israel right to exist and have have recognized the Jewish state.
        Don’t talk to me about ugliness, take a look at your brothers – the ones who kill thousands of innocents in Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, USA, Israel, Indonesia, Niger Etc. Wherever you find terror and bloodshed you will find Muslims. For that cause Israel is not an exceptional.

• Taxi says:

erm, Asaf, aparisian is jewish…. but do go on, don’t let me stop you doing your hasbara superiorist song and dance.

• Shingo says:

” Wherever you find terror and bloodshed you will find Muslims”

Most of the time because they happen to have oil on the ground and the West are there dropping bombs on people.

• aparisian says:

now i will be called a traitor Taxi lol. Anyway keep him spitting shit as his likes.

Taxi,

Now, Maybe i’m doing some nice Zionist Dance (Hora maybe), but it’s much better than your “La Danza Macabra”.

Apropos dancing – no one have answered my question :”Can young women in Gaza and Afghanistan dance to Mr. Costello music ?”

• yonira says:

I don’t believe they would be able to dance to the music of Mr Costello.

link to bloomberg.com

• andrew r says:

The binary opposition between Jew and Arab is a Zionist invention. Many Jews speak Arabic.

Isn’t that a shame ?

Israel has it’s sickness, i’ll be the first to admit it, but i will never doubt it’s right to exist, as the Hamas supporters in this blog do.

• Chaos4700 says:

You never pass an opportunity to dredge up an anti-Palestinian racial epithet, do you? Israel burns down hospitals, factories, schools, a warehouse full of relief supplies, tries to sink aid ships, uses children as human shields, shells fishing boats, etc. but Hamas cracking down on public dancing? THAT’S the real crime, huh.

• Chaos4700 says:

Seriously. You racist fucks make me sick. I’m going to bed. Carry on with the bed sheet wearing and the cross burning.

andrew r,

• andrew r says:

Oh. You’re one of those blokes who think Jews can not mix with the erev rav. Gotcha.

For the record, I’m an English-speaking Yid. Not Jewish enough for Zionists, not white enough for white supremacists. Life’s a bitch.

You are a liar.

Palestinias send their children as a suicide bombers.
          They use Hospitals and mosques as an ammunition storerooms.
          They use turneries to make Kasam missiles and have never recognized Israel as state.
          They declare war on israel, murdered hundreds of Israelies, bombed buses and kindergartens, but for you they are not a terrorist. That’s make a “Crime against humanity” supporter.
          hte ban of dancing is just a small example for the Palestinians hypocrisy.

andrew r,

I apologize, but I cant follow your logic.
          I don’t understand how you jump to conclusions.
          Please, don’t blame me for your inferiority complex.

• demize says:

It may well be in your case sunshine.

• demize says:

The EDL would prolly have you, they seem to like The Magan David alot , but I get the feeling you wouldn’t have them. Am I right?

• Asaf says:

I see we got shrinks in the audience.
          That’s a relief.

demize,

I don’t know them, but they must be better than the old Palstinians german friend:

link to he.wikipedia.org

• andrew r says:

Asaf,

No need to get defensive. It was my decision to stay in the gentile world and not join the perpetual war of population transfer in Eretz Israel. Hence, I missed out on manly rituals such as bar mitzvah at the kotel and abducting 12 year old boys.

But look, I’ve got a plan to bring Zionism to the United States. It’s obvious we’ll never all get to Israel and this assimilated life is making us soft. It starts with a delegation to Israel for regular service which we pretty much have already. Then this delegation comes back to the US and brings all the Israeli policies against the mixed multitudes with them. Balfour never did clarify if he meant Ottoman Palestine or Palestine, TX. We’ll have a Zionist state in North Am and it’ll make a man out of us yet.

• tree says:

I guess asaf must be eee’s replacement, complete with wikipedia links. Same spiel, too.

• Shmuel says:

3e’s English was better, and he didn’t do the whiny “let’s see how long before you Arab-fascists ban me” spiel. Apart from his Mexico fixation, 3e was definitely a much higher class of troll.

Shmuel,

I’m pretty sure my English is much better than your Hebrew or Arabic.
          Anyway, you are not so clever to dill with the idea so you harass about my grammar.

• Shmuel says:

I’m pretty sure my English is much better than your Hebrew

ממש לא

שתי מלים בעברית לא הופכות אותך למומחה לשפה
          בכל מקרה, עצוב שאתה צריך את נעמי קליין בשביל לחשוב עצמאית

קצת צניעות לא תזיק לך, אסף. תקרא חלק מהדברים שאני כותב כאן כבר חודשים ואז
          תדבר אתי על חשיבה עצמאית. בכלל, אתה מופיע כאן יום בהיר אחד, ומתחיל לירות תעמולה נבובה ונדושה לכל עבר, כאילו האנשים כאן נולדו אתמול. אתה לא “לוחם ההסברה” הראשון שמופיע פה ללמד “ת’אנטי-שמיים האלה” כבוד ציוני מהו, ואתה גם לא תהיה האחרון

• tree says:

I’m pretty sure my English is much better than your Hebrew or Arabic.
          Anyway, you are not so clever to dill(sic) with the idea so you harass about my grammar.

You just disproved your first sentence with your second one. Dill is an herb, and no one “harass”es “about” anything.

Shmuel, I noticed the poorer English, but eee did the smae kind of “banning spiel” early on as well. I think its a fig leaf for their egos when they flame out and resort to vicious name calling because they can’t discuss without displaying their hate. They can leave thinking they are triumphant free speech advocates instead of hateful losers, with their fragile egos still intact.

שמואל,

לא ידעתי שצריך כאן כרטיס מועדון ושאתה הסלקטור
          אני לא צריך לקרוא אותך, הסוג שלך כותב את הפרופוגנדה שלו בכל כלי תקשורת ישראלי, אין לכם באמת מה לחדש חוץ מהתגובות הפאבלוביות “פאשיסט” ו”פשעי מלחמה”. עם כל הכבוד, ואין כבוד לשמאל האנטי-ציוני, אתם קצה קצהו של מיעוט הולך ונכחד, אבל מאוד מאוד צעקני. אין שום הבדל ינכם לבין “כהנא חי”, למרות שאתם חושבים שאתם יותר טובים מהם.
          אני לא לוחם הסברה, ואף אחד לא משלם לי לכתוב פה. את הטריקים האלה עושים החברה של “הקרן החדשה לישראל”. אתם בפאניקה וכל מה שאתם מסוגלים זה לצעוק סיסמאות – שום פיתרון אין באמתחתכם למעט שנאת הציונות. תעשה לי טובה, אתה באמת חושב שהמצאת את הגלגל ?

tree,

How is your Hebrew ?
          Is it better than my English ?

• aparisian says:

“Maybe aparisian is a jew by origin, but “If it Looks Like an Arab, Walks Like An Arab and Sounds Like an Arab, It’s probably an Arab”.”

So guys these kind of things you hear so often in synagogues in the Jewish community i grow up with. Zionism corrupted Judaism. Drained it of every humanist values. The eternal victims became so anti-semi towards their ultimate enemy the Muslim. Not to mention how some treat Mizrahis and non white Jews.

tree,
          This guy’s a total waste of time. He almost makes me miss 3e.

• Asef has a 3e stench to him actually. I doubt that zionist cock monkey has given up that quickly. He is probably back under a new name.

• Shingo says:

“Palestinias send their children as a suicide bombers.”

Any evidence?

“They use Hospitals and mosques as an ammunition storerooms.”

Sorry, no evidence of it.

“They use turneries to make Kasam missiles and have never recognized Israel as state”

a) they are under no obligatioon to recognize Israel as state
          b) There is no evidence they use turneries to make Kasams
          c) Kassams are rockets, not missiles

”They declare war on israel, murdered hundreds of Israelies, bombed buses and kindergartens, but for you they are not a terrorist”

Israel declare war on Palesinians, murdered thousands of Palesinians, bombed buses, schools, kindergartens, hopistalsm police stations, but for you they are not a terrorist.

“That’s make a “Crime against humanity” supporter.”

And it makes you an even bigger one.

aparisian,

I think you have a strong inferiority complex. Really man, deal with it.
          Israel is a pluralist and the majority of it’s population are Mizrahis. They enjoy all the rights and wealth of the country like the Ashkenazics.

I’m an Ashkenazic and my beloved wife is from a Mizrahis origin.
          The only racism is in your head.

• tree says:

No, it is much, much worse. Almost non-existent. But you were not belittling my Hebrew. You were belittling Shmuel’s, and claiming your English was much better than his Hebrew, and when he challenged you on it you were foolish enough to think that because he gave you a succinct two word response it meant that his Hebrew was limited. You jump to conclusions too easily and open your mouth before you engage your mind. Perhaps you should ponder that. You are coming here with the same tired old hasbara lines that we have all heard before. You aren’t an original thinker on this. You are just parroting what you have heard, and doing it with a chip on your shoulder.

• Shingo says:

Isrel is a totalitarian apartheid state Asaf.

Really man, deal with it.

• aparisian says:

I’m an Ashkenazic and my beloved wife is from a Mizrahis origin.
          The only racism is in your head.

I don’t like the ethnic category things but you make me laugh really i m far from being a Mizrahi felling inferiority complex.

• tree says:

This guy’s a total waste of time. He almost makes me miss 3e.

You’re right but I wouldn’t go that far.

Shingo,

1) children suicide bombers:

link to he.wikipedia.org
          link to nestaquin.files.wordpress.com
          link to uploaded.fresh.co.il
          link to josiahe.files.wordpress.com

2) Hamas is a chosen government. If they don’t recognize Israel, than what do you want from the Israelies ?

3) Kasam is a Rocket – no difference. It’s aim to kill innocents.

4) I believe the Palestinians should have their own state, alongside Israel. If that’s mean i’m a war criminal, than i’m proud to be one.

שמואל,

בזבוז זמן היא מומחיות פלסטינאית, אותם אלה שהלשון שלך תקועה באחוריהם
          אתה חלק ממיעוט שולי וסהרורי, אין פלא שאתה מחפש חברים בחו”ל

כמו שאומרים אצלנו: לך חפש ת’חברים שלך

• Shmuel says:

Tree: You jump to conclusions too easily and open your mouth before you engage your mind. Perhaps you should ponder that. You are coming here with the same tired old hasbara lines that we have all heard before. You aren’t an original thinker on this. You are just parroting what you have heard, and doing it with a chip on your shoulder.

That is in fact what I wrote (almost word for word!) in my second post in Hebrew. His posts in Hebrew have become increasingly vulgar and offensive, and I’m done with him. His Trollie is in the mail.

• tree says:

Well, you know, great minds… ;-)

I think he’s here to vent and taunt. Apparently he needs that right now. I’m off to bed. Good afternoon, Shmuel.

Asaf,

STFU there’s no ‘maybe’ about aparisian being jewish. He IS jewish and you hatefully called him an anti-semite. You are 100% WRONG on this and you need to fucking apologize to him asshole!

Taxi,

You dambass, who called who anti-semite ?

—————————————————————————–
          aparisian May 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm
          Go ahead Mr Costello, support the Muslims

—————————————————————————–

You really sound like a Palestinian – the old “lie and cry” tactic.

• RoHa says:

“Many Jews speak English. Does The binary opposition between Jew and English is a Zionist invention as well ? ”

There isn’t a binary opposition between “Jew” and “English”. Lots of people are both.

• Chaos4700 says:

You really sound like a Palestinian – the old “lie and cry” tactic.

Those uppity sand n!&&ers, huh Asaf.

By the way? It’s spelled “dumbass.” Dumbass.

Whatever Dumbass.

Asaf,
          Sure thing, my mistake, but that doesn’t make YOU less of an asshole.

I look forward to the day you’re packing your gnarly suitcase and moving back to Odessa.

• aparisian says:

You really sound like a Palestinian – the old “lie and cry” tactic.

Is that another evidence we Jews share ADN with Pals?

Of course you are fucking anti-semi, you are racist against Pals, Arabs, Muslims and even as i mentioned earlier Mizrahis. I m also sure you support segregation in Israeli schools between white/non white jews.

• Asaf says:

So you prefer a Muslim national movement rather then an Israli national movement. Good to know where you stand.

Did you ask the Ukrainian about your intelligent solution ? and why Odessa, why not straight to Auschwitz ? Maybe you could come along, there would always be a demand for kapos.

• Taxi says:

You playing the Auschwitz violin? Pathetic ploy in this instance you must admit – but there again zios prefer the dishonorable lowblow, though lately they often miss their mark.

Just shut up and start packing Aref: tick tock tick tock….

aparisian,

I told you before, you need some help with your inferiority complex, don’t blame me for your failure.
          Your said that you didn’t like to speak about race and ethnic origin, but you speak about it all the time. Now, i don’t have to prove that i’m not a racist just because a wanker like you think so. Keep on hunting ghosts, you are pathetic.

Taxi,

You couldn’t find more appropriate name for a “wandering Jew” that you might be.
          Israel is here to stay, even though the false prophets thinks the opposite.

Reported for “kapo”.

שטינקר, אני מבין שהביטוי “ציו-נאצי” הוא בסדר מבחינתך
          עובדה – על מי שהשתמש בו לא דיווחת

Asaf,

We keep warning you: “The Status Quo in Israel is unsustainable”. The CIA gave Israel twenty more years of life. That was six years ago. Methinks they’re too generous.

Got dual citizenship Asaf? Cause you’re gonna need it sooner than you think.

p.s. euro convert jews are not ‘wandering’ people. They already have a euro homeland waiting with open arms.

• Shmuel says:

I didn’t report you either when you brought Nazis into the “conversation” by equating support for the Palestinians with joining the Nazi Party. Kapo is a particularly vile, racist epithet you used against an individual, who identified himself as Jewish.

Taxi,

Israel will live long after you die, and i wish you long life…

• aparisian says:

Well you know Shmuel, are you surprised? what do you expect from the likes of Asaf really Shmuel just ignore him he is a troll.

• aparisian says:

Well Asaf, people here demand Justice and you demande more genocides so don’t think they have nothing against the existence of Israel. It was a big mistake but now its too late.

• Taxi says:

Aref called me a ‘kapo’. Boo hoo, he really hurt my girly feelings boo hoo.

Yeah right Aref, go make some White Phosphorous in your bathtub why don’t you?! Show us all who’s boss in the biggest concentration camp the world has ever known!

Gaza!

Long live free GAZA!

שמואל,

מה לעשות ? היו גדודים נאציים שהוכבו מפלסטינאיים. הם פעלו בעיקר בארצות הבלטיות
          ? האם אתה טוען שהתמונה היא פיברוק

קאפו הוא ביטוי מגעיל, אני מודה, אבל מי שמציע לי לארוז את המזוודה ולחזור לאודסה הוא בדיוק משת”פ של אוייבי ישראל

? חוץ מזה לא הבנתי משהו, מי אתה שתקפוץ להגן על ה”טקסי” הזה ? הוא לא מתלונן אז אתה נפגע בשמו

ולסיום – מלוחם נאור ורגיש כמוך למילה הנכתבת אני מצפה שידווח להנהלת הבלוג על זה שכינה את המפלגות הציוניות בשם “נאצי-יוניות”. האם שירותי ההגנה שלך מוענקים רק לאלה שאתה מזדהה איתם פוליטית

• Taxi says:

Israel is already a stinking corpse waiting for a friendly hand to mercifully bury it.

• Asaf says:

Genocides is what the Arabs are doing right now in Darfur and Iraq. Don’t get confused.

Taxi.

As i said before, their is no one more suitable for this job than a kapo.

שמוליק – אתה מוזמן להתלונן שוב

• Taxi says:

Oh I am not confused, I see your IDF boots are well worn asshole.

Care to take another beating by the rag-tag hizbollah again?

You’re invited to your last fight, by the way.

Reported for “kapo”.

לשרותך תמיד, אספצ’וק

Anytime.
          Hizbollah is an Iranian division that conquer miserable Lebanon. They are more Lebanease problem than Israeli one.

תודה שמוליק

• Taxi says:

Hizbollah is a Lebanese resistance group that kicked your fat lazy ass TWICE asshole.

We’re all waiting for the third.

p.s. amusing how zios are so jealous of Lebanon.

p.s. why you typing so much in hebrew, scared of using english?

• Asaf says:

Hizbollah is an Iranian division.
          They will cause another civilian war in Lebanon, it’s just a matter of time (they already were involved at the murder of Rafik El-Hariri).
          You might think you won, The fact is that the Hizbulla is no more near the Israeli border and all he can do is talking and threaten.
          We are used to yours “Alli-baba” stories, if we have to fight you again we will.

I’m writing in Hebrew to Shmuel – He doesn’t like my English. I apologize.

• Taxi says:

Hizbollah is as Iranian as Israel is American – geddit?!

You packing yet?

• Taxi says:

Israel in the middle east will NEVER be recognized.

Put salt on that and eat it!

• Shingo says:

“Genocides is what the Arabs are doing right now in Darfur and Iraq.”

The Us have killed that many people in Iraq, so is that too a genocide?

No wonder the US supports Israel so much.

• Shingo says:

“Hizbollah is an Iranian division that conquer miserable Lebanon.”

No, Hizbollah is a militia that kicked the IDF out of Southern Lebanon twice.

“They are more Lebanease problem than Israeli one.”

They aer part of teh LEbanese goevrnment and are a Lebanese problem the way Likud is an Israeli one.

“Poor Lebanon is doomed, it’s a matter of time they call us (or the world) again to save them from themself. “‘

When did they last do that? 2006? Yeah nice job you did saving those 1,300 civilian you masscred.

• Shingo says:

No Hizbollah is a lebanese division.

There will be no civi war in Lebanon, because the Maronites now suport them too and they have become recgnized as Lebanon’s military.

“Withdrawaling from Lebanon was an Israeli interest and a wise decision by Barak.”

Yes, it was wise seeing as they lost.

“The fact is that the Hizbulla is no more near the Israeli border and all he can do is talking and threaten.”

Hizbulla is not the one doing the talking and threatening. Israel is.

Naomi Klein:

Why single out Israel when the United States, Britain and other Western countries do the same things in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Boycott is not a dogma; it is a tactic. The reason the BDS strategy should be tried against Israel is practical: in a country so small and trade-dependent, it could actually work.

BTW Asaf, how many other sites did you post your pearls of wisdom to (I’m assuming they’re yours), besides MW and Haaretz?

Shmuel,

Welll, you don’t even have your own “pearls of wisdom”, you have to recicle Naomi Klein one’s…

Boycott is not a threat, your Arab frienda try to boycott Israel in the 70′s ans 80′s. Didn’t work. For the Arabs (and probably your) grief Israel had used this boycott as a catalyst to get it’s great technologic achievements.

Go and ask Naomi Klein what to answer me…

• Shmuel says:

Touché, Asaf, but Klein’s FAQs on BDS are a big time-saver in dealing with trolls who think they’ve discovered America.

Funny,

I always thought that Mrs. Klein was a troll who discovered Canada.
          Come on, bring someone more clever than this boring laywoman.

• Shmuel says:

Please feel free to apply the word troll to anyone you don’t like, but I meant it in a very specific sense. You are obviously here to spread propaganda (very old, tired propaganda, posted and addressed ad nauseam on this very forum) in an arrogant and hateful manner, rather than engage in any kind of meaningful discussion. That is called trolling.

• sherbrsi says:

Asaf is a run of the mill hateful Hasbara troll. Read his comment:

I have reported him for the comment.

• Asaf
          Let’s advance in the discussion. What’s you’re position on the settlers and the settlements. Also do you see the occupation as something to object to?

Shmuel,

You call me troll and than condemne me for using the same expression.
          Are you for real ?

• Why don’t you answer very simple questions Asaf. Too close for comfort?

thankgodimatheist –

I’m a Zionist, and I belive in this Zionist solution:

The Palestinians and the Israelies should have a their own state.
          The Borders of the states should be the 1967 cease-fire lines (So called the Green line).
          Palestinians refugees should have the right to comeback but not to Israel, they could return to their own country – Palestine.
          The Jewish settlers would have to return to Israel.
          Jerusalem should be divided – The east belong to the Palestinians and the west to the Israelies.

Now that is the truth Zionist way – A home for the Jewish people.
          This is the Zionist solution – The only problem is that the Arabs would never except it.

• Let me repeat them for you Asaf: What’s your position on the settlers and the settlements? Do you see the occupation as something to object to? Only a troll wouldn’t respond.

sherbrsi,

I would like to thank you for reporting me.

It’s will be a nice test case – Does this blog is pluralist and respect freedom of speech or is it just another Arab-Fascist blog, the kind you find all over the Muslim world.

We have to wait and see.

• Shmuel says:

I don’t know why I’m bothering, but you called Klein a troll (fine, great – call her anything you like), followed by some non sequitur about Canada. I merely explained why you are an internet troll, in a sense that she is not. Don’t believe me. Look it up. Wiki will do.

• andrew r says:

That’s a reasonable compromise. It’s sort of like how some pacifistic religions agree to take arms at the end times. You’ll stop seizing their fields and houses when they’ve signed a sheet of paper rubber stamping what you took already. Can’t imagine why they wouldn’t do so. A man who knows how you walk and talk can surely keep his word.

• sherbrsi says:

Another self-appointed martyr of free speech.

What is it with Hasbara trolls and victimhood in general?

• “The only problem is that the Arabs would never except it.”
          Pardon me!… The Arabs put forward a peace plan to the Israelis, the ‘Arab peace initiative’ to which Israel never gave a response.
          Another thing. I gather from your answers that your gov’t policy of expansion and settlement everywhere in the OT go against what you believe to be a reasonable plan for peace. Why then putting the blame on the Arabs rather than on your gov’t? Aren’t they the ones who are working against peace by stealing more land and building more settlement?

• andrew r says:

I have the sudden urge to make derogatory comments about Jews and deny the Holocaust. It should be okay. This isn’t a Judeo-Fascist blog. Opposing views are tolerated here.

thankgodimatheist,

I answered you once but you choose not to listen.
          Israel should withdraw from the west bank and the settlers have to move back to Israel.
          As long as the Palestinians would not agree to accept Israel, it wouldn’t happen.

• Asaf..I had written the comment before seeing your post.

andrew r,

Go ahead, prove my point.

• “his is the Zionist solution – The only problem is that the Arabs would never except it. ”

Does that mean you never heard of the Arab peace initiative put forward to the Israelis every now and then, or you do not see it as acceptable? In either case it makes your sentence above incorrect.

thankgodimatheist

Arafat response was starting an armed Intifada.

The Palestinians have never had the courage to sign a peace agreement. The reason is clear and simple – they don’t manage a freedom fight, they manage a Jihad. They covet Israel and wish to make thr region Judenfrei.

• Asaf says:

Well, they shouln’t start a war, should day ?

• andrew r says:

Arafat response was starting an armed Intifada.

This is so silly. Arafat and Barak negotiated until Jan. 2001 when Barak cut him off. And the second intifada started in Jerusalem where no Palestinian armed group has a presence.

sherbrsi,

So everyone who’s not agree with you is Hasbara troll. It’s exciting to see that you have adopted the well known Muslim “Freedom of speech”.

• andrew r says:

Go ahead, prove my point.

Posters who’ve made that kind of speech around here have been banned. We get a lot more posters like you. You can shill for Israel but you’ll last longer if you refrain from using “Arab” dejectively.

• Shmuel says:

If you’re really interested in understanding Camp David 2000 and it’s aftermath (which I doubt), as opposed to spouting talking points, have a look at Malley and Agha’s Camp David: The Tragedy of Errors

• sherbrsi says:

So everyone who’s not agree with you is Hasbara troll.

Actually it’s because you use the same tired old talking points used by Zionists here, as advocated by Hasbara. On my own count, Julian, Shamir and now you are repeating the same flawed and false arguments. Seriously, you might want to have a look at the site’s archive – many of your kind think that the readers here aren’t familiar with your propaganda. As usual they are proven wrong.

Barak cut him off ?

well, that’s a nice distortion of history.
          The armed Intifada had started in September 2000.
          The Camp-david commission was in July 2000.
          Even president Clinton and the Soudi-arabi prince Bender, blamed Arafat for the talks failure.

Why do you lie ?

• Asaf says:

So you are saying that if I’m not saying what you want i get banned. Well, maybe this is the reason why 95% of this blog response are anti-zionist.
          What is wrong with the word “Arab” ? why can’t i use it and you can use the word “Israel” ?

• “Ehud Barak had offered Araffat 98% of Palestinians land and a land exchanging for the other 2% (at the Camp david commission).”

Barak’s alleged generous offer has been discussed countless times over here since I’ve been here, a mere 2 months. Bringing it up again is such a bore but what the heck! I’m in a good mood today!
          Allons-y!
          Asaf

• sherbrsi says:

Nice recap TGIA.

The myth of Barak’s “generous offer” just refuses to die.

Or is this an indication that the Hasbara Handbook is in dire need of an update?

• Asaf says:

ספר שנכתב ע”י נציג פלסטינאי לשיחות וע”י נציג אמריקאי. כמצופה, נציג ישראלי לא מעורב בכתיבתו אבל עבורך הוא הופך להיות באופן פאבלובי לאמת המוחלטת.

ולא, אני לא קראתי אותו עדיין – זה עדיין לא אומר שערפאת לא היה הגורם שפוצץ את השיחות

• Ali Abunimah’s article on Barak’s “generous offer:

The proposal would have meant:
          no territorial contiguity for the Palestinian state,
          no control of its external borders,
          limited control of its own water resources, and
          no full Israeli withdrawal from occupied territory as required by international law.

In addition, the Barak plan would have :
          included continued Israeli military control over large segments of the West Bank, including almost all of the Jordan Valley;
          codified the right of Israeli forces to be deployed in the Palestinian state at short notice;
          meant the continued presence of fortified Israeli settlements
          required nearly 4 million Palestinian refugees to relinquish their fundamental human rights in exchange for compensation to be paid not by Israel but by the “international community.”
          link to arabmediawatch.com

• From Abunimah’s article:

One of the most powerful myths propagated in the US media today is that at the Camp David summit in July 2000, then Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak made an amazingly generous offer to the Palestinians that Yasir Arafat wantonly spurned, broke off negotiations and then launched a violent uprising against Israel. No element of this, the most cherished of media myths is true. In fact, Barak’s offer was anything but generous. It was Israel that broke off the negotiations, and the committee headed by former US Senator George Mitchell found no evidence to back the Israeli claim that the Palestinian Authority had planned or launched the Intifada.

This myth was given life in large part by President Clinton who immediately after the Camp David summit broke his promise to Arafat that no side would be blamed for failure, and went on Israeli television declaring that while Barak made bold compromises for peace, Arafat has missed yet another opportunity.
          link to arabmediawatch.com

• John Mearsheimar on the “generous” offer:
          “it is hard to imagine the Palestinians accepting such a state. Certainly no other nation in the world has such curtailed sovereignty.”
          “The Impossible Partition,” New York Times, January 11, 2001

תגובה טיפוסית לטרול אטום וצר אופקים. תצא קצת מהבועה. אולי תלמד משהו

• “The reality was far from the wild claims routinely made on the editorial pages of American papers that Barak had offered the Palestinians, 95, 97 or even 100% of the occupied West Bank. Barak himself wrote in a New York Times Op-ed on 24 May 2001 that his vision was for

“a gradual process of establishing secure, defensible borders, demarcated so as to encompass more than 80 percent of the Jewish settlers in several settlement blocs over about 15 percent of Judea and Samaria, and to ensure a wide security zone in the Jordan Valley.”

• Asaf says:

Are you aware that Barak intended to keep 69 settlements in the area allotted to a Palestinian state? – Not a chance. Barak would never abandon Israelies under Palestinian regime.
          Did you know that Barak’s offer denied the Palestinians sovereignty over their lands? That military and civil control would stay in Israeli lands for an undetermined period? – What are you talking about ? He offered 98% of Palestine, 98% !! He insist That Israel would control the border with Jordan, because he didn’t want that the Palestinian arm themself. What happened in Gaza after Israel left have proved he was right.
          Did you know that in the offer the Palestinians have to relinquish land reserves essential for their development and absorption of refugees. That they also have to accept Israeli supervision of borders? Barak offered The Haluzza land as a replacement.
          Did you know that Barak’s offer gives Israel control over all the border crossings of the Palestinian State? Yes. You repeat yourself.
          Did you know that “territorial continuity” are referred to in the offer was in fact anything but? That a Palestinian would have to travel 50 klm between two tows only 5 klm apart, not to mention other restrictions? 98% means no Israeli between Palestinians towns.

Did you know that had Arafat accepted the offer it would have meant that the Palestinians had to contend with a mere 20% of their original homeland? It’s also meant that the Israelies had to contend with a mere 70% of their original homeland.
          They shouldn’t started a war in 1948.

Now, the thing that you don’t understand is that the Palestinians have a religious impetus for their war against Israel, and that is why there is no peace in this region.

• Asaf says:

הבועה היא המקום בו אתה חי.
          רק עיוור לא רואה שהמלחמה היא מלחמת דת.
          רק שונא עמו חושב שהפלסטינאים, חלק מהאומה הערבית שדמוקרטיה זרה לה, רוצים לחיות עם הישראלים בשלום.
          אתה, כמו כל שמאלן דמיקולו עובר לקללות שמציבים בפניך את המראה
          זה כל מה שיש לך להציע, אפילו הפלסטינאיים רואים בשכמותך נמושות

• “It’s also meant that the Israelies had to contend with a mere 70% of their original homeland.”

Here it is folks!….. Palestine is the Jews’ original homeland and they’re making a concession to the Palestinians! Ha ha!
          It was nice talking to you scumbag!

• I don’t think any further discussion is needed.
          How do you call a guy who believes that a religious document is a certificate of ownership of a piece of land. In my book, he’s a nutcase with whom no need to bother. Babye cutie!

thankgodimatheist,

Thank you for proving the Anti-Zionist’s well known tolerance and politeness.
          Now you can go and burn some Israeli flags.

P.S.

Try to read an history book.

• aparisian says:

Thank you for proving the Anti-Zionist’s well known tolerance and politeness.

You know Asaf, in France we say “C’est l’hopital qui se fout de la charité” Look it up little troll.

thankgodimatheist,

It’s not a religious document case.
          It’s was proven that Jews have lived here.
          If Israel is not the homeland of the Jews than what is their origin ?

You have proven that you are nothing but a narrow-minded, layman and arrogant person.

• Shingo says:

“Israel had used this boycott as a catalyst to get it’s great technologic achievements”

Actually, it stole the technology.

• Shingo says:

“It’s was proven that Jews have lived here.”

A lot more Palestinians lived here.

“If Israel is not the homeland of the Jews than what is their origin ?”

Iraq.

• Shingo says:

”Now you can go and burn some Israeli flags.”

While you burn Palestinians children.

“Israel was the homeland of the Jews hundreds of years before the invention of Muhammad.”

So what? Rhe Canaanites built Jerusalem hundreds of years before the invention of Judaism.

• aparisian says:

It’s was proven that Jews have lived here.

It’s was proven that Palestinians lived there, have you also heard the Canaanites?

It was proven that Jews have lived in Europe, why not they come back home?

• It true that I’m a bit arrogant when dealing with ill witted jerks. I shouldn’t be, I know, but sometimes, you know, bugger them!!

aparisian,

We tried it once, Ended up with a holocaust.
          I’m familiar with the Canaanites, have you seen one lately ?

thankgodimatheist,

It’s a small sacrificing by me for your marital harmony.

• Shingo says:

“I’m familiar with the Canaanites, have you seen one lately ? ”

No, nor have I seen any ancient Judeans, much less any evidecne of the existence of the mythical Kingdom of Israel. Nor have I seen Jesus, men rising from the dead, parting the Red Sea or walking on water.

Have you?

• Shingo says:

“Keep on cursing, It’s better you curse me in the internet than beating your wife.”

But notas much fun and shooting a Palestinians right Asef?

• aparisian says:

I’m familiar with the Canaanites, have you seen one lately ?

Well i hear/see them everyday on the land of Palestine, being humiliated, their homes demolished, their lands stolen and their livehood uprooted and sometimes they get killed. And the reason is the categorisation of human beings by religion and skin colour.

Are you a human being with a conscience, Asaf? Do you feel something is wrong when your Army spray their children with White phosphorus and bombs?

• Asaf says:

I see Jews all over their Homeland.

• Shingo says:

“I see Jews all over their Homeland. ”

But no ancient Judeans, not evidence that there ever was a Kingdom of Israel, not anything.

What you see is a lot of Europeans who’s families converted to Judaism.

• Shingo says:

Oh and you see those Jews on land that was stolen from the indigenous people of that land.

I’m a human being.
          As such i will fight for my life. Mainly when my neighbor have declared a Jihad against me and as long as he want to expel me from my home.

• Asaf says:

You can’t steal what is yours.

• Shingo says:

“Mainly when my neighbor have declared a Jihad against me and as long as he want to expel me from my home.”

He declared Jihad against you becasue you did expel him from his home.

“When my neighbor recognize my right of existence i be willing to live in peace alongside.”

What about recognizing his right of existence?

• Shingo says:

“You can’t steal what is yours.”

True, but the land isn’t yours.

• Asaf says:

No. He declared Jihad because he think Israel should be Judenfrei.

The Country sould be divided between the two nations. Do you agree ?

Shingo,

Who says so ? The Arabs – they are prejudice about that matter (the same as the Jews). That is why there are only 2 solutions:

1) a war.
          2) dividing the country between the nation in peace.

I prefer the second option. what about you ?

• Shingo says:

That’s typical anti intellictualism Asaf. No population would tolerate the arrival of immigrants who declared their ambition to drive out the indigenous population.

“I recognize the Palestinians right of existence. They should have their own state along side Israel.”

But your country won’t let them have one.

“The Country sould be divided between the two nations. Do you agree ?”

100%.

• Shingo says:

“I prefer the second option. what about you ? ”

Sadly, it’s no longer an option Asaf. You deserve to be commended for your position, but do you support the end of settlements and return to the 1967 borders?

• Asaf says:

I can’t see why it’s not an option anymore.

Yes, like all the Zionist, I support the end of settlements and return to the 1967 borders?

• “I can’t see why it’s not an option anymore.”

Do think half a million settler/colonists will just accept to leave?

• aparisian says:

Zionism is about stealing lands and settlements so stop playing Games Asaf

• aparisian says:

Shingo i love you baby you keep kicking his ass this internet virus lol

• Zionism is about self-governance.

aparisian,

This is your own interpretation of Zionism.
          Nothing with the true.

thankgodimatheist,

Didn’t you say you have enough of me ? I understand that you can’t stand by your word.

either way, there are no half a million settlers in the west bank. Out of The 4% of the Israelies who lives in the west bank some will be evacuated into Israel and some will stay as an Israeli settlement over Palestinian ground. As a compensation, the Palestinians will get an Israeli land.

there is no other solution but war.

• Shingo says:

“Zionism is about self-governance. ”

…at the cost and suffering of others.

• “there are no half a million settlers in the west bank”

Let’s do some maths!
          From wikipedia:

“As of July 2009, approximately 304,569 Israelis live in the 121 officially-recognised settlements in the West Bank, a further 192,000 Israelis live in settlements in East Jerusalem.
          “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

That makes 496,569 … Pretty close.

• I came back because I flared an opportunity to make admit that your assertions have no grounds in reality… You proved me right.

• BTW, Asaf..Stop pretending, you’re no man of peace. You know damn well that you can’t impose, on your own terms, an unfair solution on the Palestinians, that’s why you said no other solution but war. I could smell you from as far as where I am, and believe me I’m very far.

• Asaf says:

Probably Not far enogh cause you still can’t stand the fact that Israel is not Judenfrei.

As I said, the majority of this settlers live in towns which are next to the Green line. They will stay over Palestinians ground that would be appended to Israel. As a compensation, the Palestinians get Israeli land.

The minority of settlers who lives deep inside Palestine ground would be evacuated.

Now, your liar idler, what is your brilliant solution for the situation ?

• Chaos4700 says:

Judenreich uber alles, apparently.

• Taxi says:

Didn’t you know Asaf? First the music dies, then…

:-)

The price of peace.
          Not for free.

Mr Costelo ?

• Chaos4700 says:

The price of peace.
          Not for free.

Yeah, going after your pound of flesh isn’t going to endear you to American Jews who are beyond that, Asaf.

• Asaf says:

Well, the Israelies don’t mind fighting for their country.
          Living here is not a privilege, it’s justice.
          I don’t give a fuck about American Jews. If they want to support Israel they are welcomed. If they are on the Palestinians side, they might as well join the Nazi political party as far as i concern. I don’t give a shit.

• aparisian says:

they might as well join the Nazi political party as far as i concern

As Nazi Germany disappeared, maybe its worth joining the ZioNazi Israeli party?

• Taxi says:

It’s good for Palestinians that you zionists insist on isolating yourself from the rest of the civilized world.

Justice is when euro convert jews return back to their euro lands and leave arab jews to make peace again with their arab christian and moslem brothers and sisters.

It’s justice when arab jews are allowed to live without the barbaric influence of the convert khazar.

• Asaf says:

It will happend at the same day that the euro americans return back to their euro lands and leave american natives to make peace among them self.

Keep on dreaming sucker !!

• Taxi says:

Tick tock, Aref, tick tock…..

You know it’s coming.

• Mooser says:

This blog is the property of it’s owner, and he will decide what appears here or stays here. Much the same privilege you demand in Israel, chump.
          Only on a blog it doesn’t involve hurting people, just being kind enough to let them make fools of the Jews somewhere else.
          I know, I know, you are an “Atheist Jew”

32. javs says:

Good soul in this person…lets all go and support him…buy a cd.

33. Long live Elvis and now is the time to set your sights on Sir Elton who is scheduled to perform in Tel Aviv June 17th.

In case you haven’t seen Hey Elton:

link to youtube.com

My letter to:

Elton John’s Management: Twenty-First Artists, Ltd., 1 Blythe Road, London, W14 OHG – Phone: 44-207-348-4800

Elton John’s Agent: Howard Rose, The Howard Rose Agency, Ltd. – 9460 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 310, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 – Phone: 310-858-3838

Elton John’s Publicist: Fran Curtis, Rogers & Cowan, Pacific Design Center, 8687 Melrose Avenue, 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90069 – Phone: 310-854-8100

Dear Sir Elton Hercules John,

As a child of the ‘60’s ‘I’ve Been Loving You’ ever since ‘Empty Sky’ debut in the USA.

I fell in love with you again, because of your bold honesty, when I read a 1970’s Rolling Stone interview you did about being bisexual.

Because ‘Sad Songs Say So Much’, and ‘Being a Victim of Love’, I am compelled to be boldly honest with you, for “opposition is true friendship.”-William Blake

I have been to Israel Palestine seven times since 2005, driven to learn and report the truth, and I have some very good news for you.

Rapidly growing numbers of internationals have united with nonviolent Palestinians and Israelis who are seeking equal human rights for all the citizens of that troubled land.

We understand the only way to security for Israel and peace in the Middle East is through justice for Palestine: ending the now 43 years of military occupation of the indigenous people.

Elvis Costello recently heard and heeded Palestinian civil societies call for Boycott, Sanction and Divestment from Israel until Israel ends her bad behavior, by canceling his June 30th and July 1st gigs in Tel Aviv as a “matter of instinct and conscience.”

With hope that you will join him and us working for a sister and brotherhood of man, so that all people may live a life in peace and share all the world.

Most sincerely,

Eileen Fleming,
    Founder of WeAreWideAwake.org
    A Feature Correspondent for Arabisto.com and Staff Member of Salem-news.com
    Author of “Keep Hope Alive” and “Memoirs of a Nice Irish American ‘Girl’s’ Life in Occupied Territory”
    Producer “30 Minutes with Vanunu” and “13 Minutes with Vanunu”

• Taxi says:

Hello eileen, nice ta see ya back here! Always good-spirited and always providing practical advice and info.

• Hi and thanks Taxi,

BTW-I am receiving lots of international co-signers for the snail-mail letter I am sending to Elton.

And R.S. provided me an email address for Sir Elton that has not yet bounced back:

[email protected]” ,

And Z alerted me of a web site called ‘Contact Any Celebrity’ link to contactanycelebrity.com

For a nominal fee to subscribe, you can obtain contact info for any entertainer.

Eileen Fleming,
        Founder of WeAreWideAwake.org
        A Feature Correspondent for Arabisto.com and Staff Member of Salem-news.com
        Producer “30 Minutes with Vanunu” and “13 Minutes with Vanunu”

34. Elvis Costello’s Israel concert cancellation lauded

Press release, Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, 18 May 2010

The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) warmly welcomes Elvis Costello’s cancellation of his scheduled performances in Israel. Costello’s decision is a great victory for the ethical responsibilities of international cultural figures, a key factor in the cultural boycott of Israel. It comes after similar cancellations by Gil Scott-Heron, Carlos Santana and Bono/U2 upon appeals by the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) and its international partners, particularly in the UK and US.
    link to electronicintifada.net
    ————————-
    Why Bono is included?

35. potsherd says:

The Costello cancellation is making the MSM news.

36. sammy says:

Its good of him, but one can’t help thinking, much too little, much too late.

37. Asaf says:

In summary -

I joined here yesterday, to write about Mr. Costello pathetic act.
    I found out that this blog is nothing but a house for Anti-Israelies, Racists, Terror supporters, Jew-haters, Hizbulla followers, prejudices, people with strong inferiority complexes, swearings, liars, Ashkenazic-despisers, Arrogants, hypocrites and “rats” (Shtinkers).
    Slightly more defects and this blog would be perfect.
    Good work Mr. Witty, You have a great pluralist blog. Please forgive me for leaving it, but for Anti-zionist publicities the “Al-manar” is much more preferred.

Thank you for the hospitality, i wish you what ever you wish Israel.

Shalom and goodbye.

• Taxi says:

Was it something I said, Aref?

You’re welcome to come back to our terrorist sewers anytime, friendo.

Don’t forget to take your white-judo-supremist jackboot with you – never leave (stolen) home without it.

• aparisian says:

haha the Aref guy is convinced that i m a Mizrahi Jew with inferiority complex hahaha he is so funny this guy.. come back Aref its good to see Troll over here lol

• Sumud says:

Don’t think you’ll be missed Asaf.

Before you attack others with a major dose of “YOU SUCK”

link to jewssansfrontieres.blogspot.com

…you need to examine your own warped and phobic thinking. You said:

“Wherever you find terror and bloodshed you will find Muslims.”

• Mooser says:

“Good work Mr. Witty, You have a great pluralist blog.”

That’s it, Mr. Asaf! You go after that awful Mr. Witty who runs this blog.
      The guy hates Jews, and it stiocks out all over him, as plain as the nose on his face!

• Mooser says:

“Good work Mr. Witty, You have a great pluralist blog.”

Funniest thing ever!

• Sumud says:

I’m feeling playfully conspiratorial today.

RW has said more than once that our bad attitudes have repulsed multiple sweet lovely liberal zionists from participating at Mondoweiss. Here now he has Actual Proof! What better way to prove he’s not really writing as Asaf than making an erroneous reference to Mr. Witty as blog boss. He (RW) can even graciously humbly thank Asaf and point out Mr Weiss is the blog boss, not himself, “but thanks for the compliment Asaf, I agree, I am a cut above this lot for sure”..