Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’

This shocking story– of yet another “huge humiliation” of a non-Jew at Ben Gurion airport– was posted by Mira Awad, an Israeli Palestinian singer, on her Facebook page, in Hebrew, today. Ami Kaufman at +972 provided a translation of the entry, and notes that Awad is a celebrity in Israel. Awad in translation:

So, I was checked at the airport, they asked the questions, put the stickers on, and I proceeded to the X-Ray machine. Suddenly, the young security man comes to me: “Mira? Mira Awad?”

Me: “Yes?”

Security man: “Can I see your passport? There’s a mistake with the sticker.”

I almost told him: “No, you’re not mistaken, I see you put the right one on — the sticker for Arabs”, but I didn’t say that (security people have their humor extracted during their preparatory course). I gave him my passport, he opens it, takes off the sticker in the passport and on the suitcase and puts on a new one, different, the same color but smaller.

Now the dilemma. On the one hand it’s obvious the young man has just made my life easier by putting on the sticker for Jews. On the other hand, it’s one of the things that it’s hard to say thanks for. I mean, thank you for not considering me a terrorist any more? Thanks that someone whispered to you, “it’s Mira Awad,” so the “Awad” isn’t scary anymore? Thanks for upgrading me to a Class A citizen? I turned into one of “ours,” or actually one of “yours.” A small sticker that carries with it such huge humiliation, and today even enfolds stupidity. Because since they cancelled the stickers with different colors, which we protested, they made new stickers with less recognizable differences to the inexperienced eye, and here they are embarrassing themselves with unaware patronizing like, “Let’s award you with the status of a privileged person!” — so you don’t say that we aren’t humane. By the way, it happend to me also last week, when a senior security man who wanted to “show off” (maybe you’ll say he wanted to joke around, but we’ve already concluded that he doesn’t know how to joke around, see earlier “extraction of humor”) and asked one of his employees to get me one of the “regular” stickers and then winked at me as he continued to speak him: “Can’t you see it’s Mira Awad?”

So, the conclusion is, if you’re Israeli and your name is Awad – you better be famous! If not, forget about the duty free! Yalla, I’m out of here. For now.

Thanks to Ofer Neiman.

Posted in Israel/Palestine, Israeli Government

{ 69 comments... read them below or add one }

1. a blah chick says:

Someone should e-mail this little story to Sen. Boxer.

• Citizen says:

Boxer’s too busy trying to codify Israeli racist law into US code via her proposed non-reciprocal visa waiver program re Israel.

2. seafoid says:

Why don’t they just make the Palestinians wear yellow crescents?

• Ecru says:

My thoughts exactly. But give them time………

• lysias says:

Godwin’s Law becomes ever more obsolete.

• Sumud says:

Why don’t they just make the Palestinians wear yellow crescents?

seafoid ~ now you’re being ridiculous!

Crescents for Palestinians should be green, not yellow.

‘Teh gays’ get pink triangles so Israel can subject them to some pinkwashing as they move through airport security, and the VIPs get their yellow star for express service, and would you like some citizenship with that automatic entry visa…?

• Accentitude says:

I assume that you think all Palestinians are Muslim, right? That’s why they should wear yellow crescents as Jews in Nazi Germany wore yellow stars of David? Well, sorry to deflate that fantasy but there Christians living here too and they shouldn’t have to wear Crescents to be identified as Palestinians.

• Citizen says:

No problem–the Nazis had lots of different designs and colors for camp inmate patches which matched what they despised most about any threat.
        The Christian Palestinians could wear yellow crosses.

3. Have no words for these absurdities.
    Putting signs on people due their ethnicity is something I thought we left in the 30s.

4. RE: “Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’” ~ Weiss

AND, LIKE IT OR NOT, IT’S COMING TO AN AIRPORT NEAR YOU:
    “Boston airport security program rife with racial profiling has Israeli links”, by Alex Kane, Mondoweiss, 8/14/12

[EXCERPTS] Security officers at Boston’s Logan International Airport have come under fire for the widespread racial profiling of Arabs, Muslims, Blacks and Hispanics in their zeal to ferret out terrorists.
    The ‘New York Times’ broke the story over the weekend after officers who requested anonymity came forward;
    some officers have complained internally to the Transportation Security Agency as well. A Massachusetts lawmaker has called for congressional hearings on the racial profiling allegations.
    The ‘Times’ reports that officers estimated that “80 percent” of passengers “searched during certain shifts” were people of color. What’s more, the Boston airport “is the testing ground for an expanded use of behavioral detection methods at airports around the country.”
    But what’s not touched on in the ‘Times’ report is the fact that Logan International’s security procedures are modeled on Israel’s policies at their own airport–policies that are blatantly racist. . .

. . . The Israel connection is integral to understanding Boston’s racial profiling problems. In 2009, according to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the Jerusalem Post reported that “Boston’s Logan Airport has tapped the Israeli company New Age Security Solutions to help secure the facility using Behavior Pattern Recognition.” . . .
    . . . It took until August 2011 for the Israeli-inspired model to be operationalized. That was the date when the “behavioral profiling” became an official model at Boston’s airport–and this was “a direct result” of “Israeli influence” on security procedures at the airport
    , according to the Associated Press.
    Fast-forward to the New York Times story. The ‘Times’ reports that one anonymous TSA officer complained that this “behavior detection program is no longer a behavior-based program, but [rather] a racial profiling program.”
    To observers of how Israeli security works at Ben Gurion Airport, the allegations of racial profiling will come as no surprise. Palestinian and Arab travelers at Ben Gurion are guaranteed to be harassed by Israeli security. . .

ENTIRE ARTICLE – link to mondoweiss.net

• seafoid says:

So petty. Like it matters whether someone is Jewish or not.
      I always think of the birds in Israel and how well they did not to be identified as Muslim…

5. amigo says:

Do Zionists have mirrors???.

6. radii says:

and black-skinned people with a syringe sticker (for forced sterilization)

7. Mike_Konrad says:

Well then do not fly on El AL

• Sumud says:

Sounds like airport security, not El Al’s own procedure.

• Exactly, it’s nothing to do with airlines. It is the state security apparatus, and has been going on for years – they were doing this when I was there some years ago. A clear demonstration of the racism at the heart of Israel.

8. Daniel Rich says:

… and a ‘star’ was born…

9. Ramzi Jaber says:

Funny sad! That’s what always happens when I pass zionist checkpoints, airport or otherwise. And MW readers, don’t be surprised or shocked that this type of classification is new… Palestinian cars have always had a BLUE license plate while Israelis are YELLOW. Isn’t that kind of classification and labelling what happened in Germany 70 or so years ago??

Here’s an anecdote… a western friend visited us in Palestine. She rented a car and, because of her western nationality and not being born in Palestine, she got a car with a YELLOW license plate. Then we went around Palestine playing tourist. We were all very excited each and every time we pass checkpoints and got waived instantly to pass. We did not get stopped not even at ONE checkpoint!!!!!! They thought we were Israelis not Palestinians. With the exception of our guest, we were all Palestinians in the car. It was exhilarating to have a small taste of freedom….. But it didn’t last as we then returned him and there was no water to wash up and cook. The settlements around us used all the water for their pools, lawns, and cars…… Oh we’ll, back to reality.

• tokyobk says:

Though wouldn’t the ethnic sticker be substantially worse than the already very bad segregation by license plate because that, as I understand it, does not discriminate against Jewish and non-Jewish Israelis. If the passport sticker identifies ethnicity alone independent of citizenship (which by the way shows how ethnicity is not such a hard category after all otherwise there would be no need for a signpost) that is like Apartheid and Jim Crow in a way that has no mitigation.

• pjdude says:

Jews aren’t an ethnic group. I’m sorry but when your supposed ethnicity isn’t even close to being the largest part of one’s ethnic make up you got to quit pushing stuff like this

• Ramzi Jaber says:

tokyobk, you’re right, the YELLOW plates is for Israeli citizens and do not distinguish religions.

Incidentally, Palestinians in 1948 Israel were given passports that identified them as second class citizens. This practice ended some years back.

• Citizen says:

@ Ramzi Jaber
      Thanks for sharing your experience; we born and bred average Americans need to know more of such details.

• chocopie says:

Strongly agree with Citizen’s comment.

• Ramzi Jaber says:

Citizen and chocopie, thank you for your support. Born and bred average Amexricans are great people with a great sense of justice and honor. We just need to get above the noise of the AIPAC machine and get our signal out there!!!!!

10. Citizen says:

I was going to post this comment via email to Phil or Adam, but they’re too busy these days for that, so I will do it here:
    By now at least all Americans here will know our IRS has been targeting, giving “special harassing treatment” to charities with names with Tea Party” and “Patriots” or “We the People…” etc; since 2010 the groups target list now covers every group that dissents in any way against the Obama regime (not groups, e.g., with “Progressive” in their name, or “Move-On”). Well, get this, one: link to breitbart.com
    Never heard of this Z-Street before have any of you?

• German Lefty says:

Never heard of this Z-Street before have any of you?
      Yes, I have. I found their website via Google by accident.

By the way, here’s Mira Awad singing “There Must Be Another Way” together with Noa for Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009:

• Taxi says:

Dude,
        That’s a horrible song. The arrangements are disgustingly beige and predictable. All big lights and horrible taste in fashion. Little room left for soul.

This is a tad more like it:

• German Lefty says:

Taxi, I have to correct you: I am a dudette. And the song is nice.

• Taxi says:

Californian beachbums like me call everyone ‘dude’. LOL, but it’s nice to know you’re a she.

And about that revolting song you posted, well…. we’ll just have to disagree on that one. But I’ll also add that in the global world of music, very few musical events are regarded as lowly as the eurovision song contest, regardless of the stellar singers participating. The standard of material in Eurovision is designed to appeal to the global masses, therefore devoid of any true musical substance and soul. Is it entertaining? Yes. Is it good music? A big fat’ NO’.

• Citizen says:

@ German Lefty
        OK, I found ZStreet’s web site. Interesting, the site displays the organizations rather old lawsuit against the IRS, and says by way of preface that ZStreet knew about the IRS targeting selected groups way before the Tea Party-type organizations were informed a few days ago–because they were tipped off by a female IRS agent sent to their legal office. So this far right wing Zionist group was tipped off, and filed suit, but apparently no IRS agent tipped off any of the few hundred Tea Party type groups (which yet have been saying from the beginning of that movement that the government was harassing them).

link to zstreet.org

11. Elliot says:

Since Mira Awad has achieved Jew status, I’m surprised Israeli security didn’t start sharing Jewish jokes with her about Arabs. I mean, if you are in the club, you’re in all the way.
    Seriously, as a Jew who was raised on a thick diet of Holocaust stories, this really does resonate badly. I used to have escapist fantasies about the Holocaust based on true stories. My survival hinged on being exceptional. If I was muscular enough, I would have survived the “selekzion”; brave enough, I would have fought my way out; accomplished enough, somebody would have gotten me a visa out of Nazi Germany. The implication is that any Jew less than the exceptional ones was dispensable.

Per Israel, the best of the Arabs rises to the level of the most rotten Jew.
    Haven’t the Israelis had enough of this insanity?

• seafoid says:

“Since Mira Awad has achieved Jew status, I’m surprised Israeli security didn’t start sharing Jewish jokes with her about Arabs. ”

It’s probably like Hilton Honors. You don’t get Ashkenazi male status unless you have LOTS of stickers. Mira Awad is probably on Ethiopian Jew grade at the moment.

• Elliot says:

LOL – Some years ago, when I was still living in Israel, I had a disagreement with a taxi driver. We weare already halfway to my deistination when he tried to pick up a second passenger without asking me first or offering me a discount. I was in a hurry that’s why I took a cab). an when I protested, he said: “what’s the problem, we’re all Jews, aren’t we?”
        For many Israelis, officially enforced “Jewishness” is the glue that sticks Israeli Jews to each other.

• seafoid says:

“what’s the problem, we’re all Jews, aren’t we?”

Israel is the most unequal society in the OECD (even when you exclude the Palestinians). The “we are all Jews” schtick gives loads of space for oligarchs like Dankner to take as much as they can.

12. eljay says:

“All Israelis are equal, but some Israelis are more equal than others.”*
    (*with tremendous apologies to George Orwell)

The stickers are just another example of the ugliness and immorality that define the oppressive and supremacist “Jewish State”.

13. American says:

”But it didn’t last as we then returned him and there was no water to wash up and cook. The settlements around us used all the water for their pools, lawns, and cars…… Oh we’ll, back to reality.”……..Ramzi Jaber

I do not know how you stand all this, I really dont. I am afraid if it were me I’d turn as violent as the Israelis….you must be better people than a lot of us.

• Ramzi Jaber says:

American, it does get frustrating often. Some of us end up resorting to violence and are driven to desperation due to the constant humiliation, imprisoment, etc. but most Palestinians are resilient.

One concern is getting numb to the occupation (and the PA’s wrong ways). The people just give up and want to live a “normal” life. That is what the zionists are banking on, what netanyahu calls “economic peace”. But at the end it’s about pride, dignity, freedoms, and humanity.

Thanks for your support American.

• seafoid says:

I don’t think the Israelis will ever normalise the occupation. It is too much the opposite of what they proclaim as their values. Zionism is a kind of sickness that runs a lot of unprocessed trauma from WW2. All that indoctrination and hasbara . It’s like they have no hope in better things.

Even today’s Ha’aretz. Spinning why African migrants should be confined to detention centres and why it’s kosher to pour bleach onto 500kg of food in a sudanese restarant.

link to haaretz.com

In the same breath they’ll curse the Brits about their immigration policy in 1947.
        It is so incoherent.

14. Taxi says:

• tokyobk says:

Inhumanity does not know borders.

Distinctive sometimes humiliating clothing such as non matching shoes were also part of some subjugation practices in the ME. The first use of a yellow badge for Jews was by AlMuktawakil in Baghdad in the 9th century.

This is sick because it is sick but given Jewish history, especially in recent Europe, its an especially creepy thing to do to Palestinians.

• seafoid says:

link to itisapartheid.org

“After the 1947 war was over, Ben-Gurion declared:“The Arabs of the land of Israel have only one function left to them-to run away”

Ben Gurion was wrong on this. The Palestinians weren’t the same as the Zionists. The Palestinians have one land and they are not going anywhere.

• Walid says:

“Any doubt now that israelis brought their european ‘stuff’ with them when they invaded the holy land?”

Taxi, regrettable to say that back in 1919, the Arabs (not the Palestinians) actually welcomed the Zionists to create a national homeland in Palestine and to bring with them their European knowledge. Here’s a couple of points in the failed 1919 agreement between the Zionists and the Arabs:

Article IV: All necessary measures shall be taken to encourage and stimulate immigration of Jews into Palestine on a large scale, and as quickly as possible to settle Jewish immigrants upon the land through closer settlement and intensive cultivation of the soil. In taking such measures the Arab peasant and tenant farmers shall be protected in their rights and shall be assisted in forwarding their economic development.

Article VII: The Zionist Organization proposes to send to Palestine a Commission of experts to make a survey of the economic possibilities of the country, and to report upon the best means for its development. The Zionist Organization will place the aforementioned Commission at the disposal of the Arab State for the purpose of a survey of the economic possibilities of the Arab State and to report upon the best means for its development. The Zionist Organization will use its best efforts to assist the Arab State in providing the means for developing the natural resources and economic possibilities thereof.

link to en.wikipedia.org

As always and still to this date, the Palestinians were not consulted on deals made by other Arabs on their behalf.

15. Qualtrough says:

This story is linked now on Reddit. The fourth most popular comment so far claims that Mondoweiss is a white supremacist site and ‘the they are the sons of Stormfront’. A few comments down is this gem, “Mondoweiss is relatively known– for their antisemitic and far left leanings. Not a particularly good source of journalistic integrity.” It gets worse from there.

• Citizen says:

Yeah, I’ve read comments characterizing Mondoweiss in similar veins. When I read them they frighten me. It’s hard to believe those commenters have ever even read Mondoweiss and its steady stream of commenters, especially for any length of time, say a month or so even. They conjure up in my mind those who once ran to fetch their pitch forks or torches when some crazed person pointed at someone, and declared hotly: “She’s a witch! Get her!”

• Sumud says:

Don’t give it a second thought Qualtrough!

The clowns saying ridiculous stuff like that are too thick to realise they are doing Mondoweiss a big favour. They can’t tackle MW with legitimate criticism so are trying to scare people. But, what happens when you tell people: ‘don’t do that’? Invariably they get curious, will look for MW and then have a read.

Will they discover white supremacism and toxic Stormfront-style anti-semitism?

Of course not; they will find a source of high quality news on Palestine & Israel. There’s a reason MW readership is high and funding drives are a big success every time.

• eljay says:

>> The fourth most popular comment so far claims that Mondoweiss is a white supremacist site and ‘the they are the sons of Stormfront’. A few comments down is this gem, “Mondoweiss is relatively known– for their antisemitic and far left leanings. … ”

It’s amazing – and rather sad, actually – that advocating for peace, justice, equality and morality can actually offend anyone; and that the offended people aren’t aware of their own hatefulness, immorality and supremacism.

(Or, worse, that they are aware of it, but prefer to wield it and wallow in it.)

• Cliff says:

Anyone who characterizes MW as that is a Zionist troll.

They have their own narrow standards for what is acceptabel political discourse and everything outside of it is ‘antisemitic’.

This makes them unique because antisemitism as they apply it, is used purely as a political and rhetorical intimidation and slander.

They aren’t applying it in a sociological sense (i.e., honestly) – it’s just a tar and feather tactic to demean someone’s views even if those views do not explicitly follow the loose definition of ‘antisemitism’.

It’s precisely why Zionist trolls seek to redefine antisemitism to encompass criticism of Israel and Zionism and setting up goal posts that would more or less force us all to be Zionist.

They are tin-foil hat nutters and when they actually say what they want to say in-person they end up sounding like psychopaths.

Exhibit A: Wondering Jew/yonah f-something @the Brooklyn BDS lecture.

16. “There’s a mistake with the sticker”

One security sticker for Jewish Israelis (and non-Jewish VIPs deemed as honorary Jews), a different sticker for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid

One travel policy for Jewish Israelis, a different travel policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to imeu.net
    link to haaretz.com

One ID card date-of-birth (DOB) format for Jewish Israelis, a different ID DOB format for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to jewssansfrontieres.blogspot.com.au

One transport policy for Jewish Israelis, a different transport policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to haaretz.com

One housing policy for Jewish Israelis, a different housing policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to ynetnews.com
    link to hrw.org

One planning policy for Jewish Israelis, a different planning policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to economist.com
    link to haaretz.com

One education policy for Jewish Israelis, a different education policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to latimes.com

One employment policy for Jewish Israelis, a different employment policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to haaretz.com

One farming policy for Jewish Israelis, a different farming policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to haaretz.com

One economic outcome for Jewish Jerusalemites, a different economic outcome for non-Jewish Jerusalemites = Israeli apartheid
    link to electronicintifada.net

One residency policy for Jewish Jerusalemites, a different residency policy for non-Jewish Jerusalemites = Israeli apartheid
    link to guardian.co.uk
    link to mondoweiss.net

One law for spouses of Jewish Israelis, a different law for spouses of non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

One reservation policy for Israelis with Jewish names, a different reservation policy for Israelis with non-Jewish names = Israeli apartheid
    link to haaretz.com

Since 1948, over 700 Jewish communities have been established inside Israel’s pre-67 borders – but only 7 for Palestinian citizens (and those in order to concentrate the Bedouin population in the Negev).
    link to aljazeera.com

There are more than 50 Israeli laws that discriminate against Palestinian citizens of Israel in all areas of life, including their rights to political participation, access to land, education, state budget resources, and criminal procedures.
    link to adalah.org

Israeli Apartheid

17. gingershot says:

The stickers are very practical and consistent with the logic of Apartheid – how can you run a good Apartheid if you can’t tell the abusers from the abusees?

• Obsidian says:

@Gingershot

Ms Awad doesn’t have the Arab sticker tattooed on her arm does she?

• Cliff says:

Why would that be the qualification, Obsidian/proudzionist?

Jews had to wear the yellow star. It was not tattooed on them.

• eljay says:

>> Ms Awad doesn’t have the Arab sticker tattooed on her arm does she?

Have faith: Given enough time, Zio-supremacists will get around to it.

Of course, even if they don’t, the fact remains that the oppressive and supremacist “Jewish State” is treating Jews and non-Jews differently, and the hateful and immoral Zio-supremacists are defending – rather than condemning – this practice.

• Ron Edwards says:

Yet.

Nice try, totally throwing mashed potatoes like that in order to deflect gingershot’s incredibly important point: that the vaunted Arab/Jew dichotomy is itself hot air.

It’s funny, huh? The Jews of local Arab descent aren’t white enough, and the Ashkenazi Israeli aren’t local enough (i.e., at all).

• gingershot says:
      May 14, 2013 at 8:33 am

“Because so many Jews look like Arabs, or have Arab-Semitic ancestry, the whole thing would collapse if you don’t have means of identifying the untermenschen and tagging them for discrimination”

Can we cut through the BS please: the inconvenient truth for the Zios is that so many Jews are Arabs.

Does anyone know what color the sticker is for Arab Jews who have converted to Islam?

• Citizen says:

@ ErsatzYisrael

What’s really funny is milky white uber Christian Pat Boone singing, writing the lyrics for music dedicated to Zionist lebensraum. Check it out on YouTube. Comes complete with his very mediocre singing and old imagery of non-semitic–looking Jews in biblical times.

18. Avi_G. says:

You guys should read the comments to the Facebook entry in Hebrew. Use Google Translate if you must, but you’ll get the gist of most of them. The comments boil down to: It’s not discrimination, it’s just common sense.

19. Obsidian says:

link to ynetnews.com

• Cliff says:

Speaking of Jews and Palestinians, here’s a recent quote from Israel’s deputy defense minister Matan Vilnai that Obsidian/proudzionist’s sock puppet account isn’t likely to publish.

Israeli minister warns of Holocaust for Gaza if violence continues

“The more Qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger shoah because we will use all our might to defend ourselves,” he said, in a telephone interview with army radio yesterday morning.

link to guardian.co.uk

• Woody Tanaka says:

Go Rajoub!! He’s saying nothing compared to what the israelis and its supporters have said about the Palestinians, all the while oppressing the Palestinians on racist grounds. What do you expect? You kill his family, you torture his wife, you steal his land, you imprison his son, you rape his daughter and you expect him to love you? To accept you? To pretend that you didn’t commit your crimes?

Hopefully his wish for the Palestinians to have the ability protect themselves from the depravity of the israelis occupying their land will come true. Sooner rather than later. Not that they be used, but the risk might shake some sense into the occupiers.

• Ramzi Jaber says:

It is very well known that Rajoub is an Israeli operative. These are idotic comments coming from and idiotic stooge. He is not respected in Palestine. He does not represent me nor does he most Palestinians. All he wants is to line up his pockets.

So I just say to him: shut up and go away.

• eljay says:

>> Speaking of Jews and Palestinians, here’s a recent quote from a Fatah Central Committee member that Phil isn’t likely to publish.

According to the article:

Rajoub, one of several Palestinian leaders who signed the Geneva Initiative, had stated on previous occasions that he was interested in peace with Israel.

OK, that’s good.

So what does he say in the article?

First, he appears to be referring to continued resistance against the immoral and unjust actions of the colonialist and expansionist “Jewish State” of (Greater) Israel:

“As the people of the Fatah movement, we keep resistance on the agenda in all its forms,” he said.

“At present, we are satisfied by the popular resistance,” Rajoub added, but explained, “We the Palestinians are a source of concern for Israel. We are in this country, and this country is ours. They are our enemy and our battle is against them.”

The interviewer of Al Mayadeen, a network associated with Iran and with the Assad regime in Syria, criticized the policy of the Palestinian Authority, and in response Rajoub responded, “Our war is against the Israeli occupation. Our main enemy, not just as Palestinians, but Arabs and Muslims, is Israel and the Israeli occupation,” he added.

I don’t see a problem with that.

The discussion turns to the “negotiation game”:

At the height of the interview, when the subject of American efforts to revive the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians were raised, the interviewer asked: “Will you resume the negotiation game?”

Rajoub, who appeared agitated at the mocking tone, replied quickly that there would not be a return to negotiations without international decisions taken within a limited time frame and with the Israeli promise to freeze all “one-sided” steps related to Jerusalem, the separation barrier, settlements and the release of prisoners.

I don’t see a problem with that, either.

I do, however, see a problem with this next comment of his, and I condemn it:

“Until now we have not had nuclear weapons,” he declared, “but in the name of Allah, if we had nuclear weapons, we’d be using them.”

On a side note: JPost doesn’t seem too concerned by Mr. Rajoub’s comments.

• Ecru says:

Yeah sure he’s not at all working for the Israelis like so many in his family is he, and he really represents Palestinians thoughts.

…if we had nuclear weapons, we would use them against Israel…

Yes the Palestinians want nothing more than to irradiate their own land, the land they love so much. I’ll believe that of the Israelis, boundless in their capacity for spite, long before I believe it of Palestinians.

Now, do we all have to post our own copious examples of repugnant comments from Israeli government officials? Because posting that much bigoted insanity could take some time.

• Remember that Yellow Ribbon from Iran . Israel has an in curable disease of projection .

20. Elisabeth says:

Just google “honorary whites”, and see how Apartheid South Africa dealt with such things.