Video: A glimpse of Palestinians living under occupation in Hebron

Another in Tom Suarez’s series of video glimpses of the occupation. Hebron has been the scene of several alleged knife attacks and also of Israeli killings of Palestinians lately. Note the Palestinian children at the checkpoint and the indiscriminate use of a percussion explosive. Suarez’s recent Bethlehem video was a vivid depiction of the humiliations of military rule.  –Editor

About Tom Suarez

Tom Suarez is the author most recently of State of Terror. Ordering and reviews can be found at state-of-terror.net

1. ivri
    January 2, 2016, 4:39 pm

This is of course what happens there SINCE the present disturbances began. Hebron, statistically, was the origin of many of the assailants: stabbers, car ramming also live fire. There is this attitude among Palestinian of disconnecting causes and effects or total disregard to the causality phenomenon in life
    In addition, Hebron is a stronghold of Hamas (their associate party is always the one who gets elected there to power) so also a rival of the PA main group – in the context of the eternal interplay among the 3 key entities in this perennial (and macabre) political-violent “games”.

• Annie Robbins
      January 2, 2016, 4:49 pm

Hebron, statistically, was the origin of many of the assailants:

while true, what predates that was the slaughter of teens at checkpoints and the claims they were knife wielding while photographic evidence of the slaughter showed no such knives. the (planted) knives appearing after the fact.

israel doesn’t do gandhi. they made numerous attempts to spur on a violent 3rd intifada previously. now they can kill with impunity, and they do. so if the response to violent oppression is finally bearing fruit, this is of course what happens there SINCE the present disturbances began, systematically, by israel.

January 2, 2016, 5:32 pm

Oy! Such a fressing I get from “Irvi’s” post!
      I mean, when Zionists have his kind of intimate insight into the Palestinian mind and soul, can peace be far away?

• Annie Robbins
        January 2, 2016, 5:54 pm

Oy! Such a fressing I get from “Irvi’s” post!

and think how lucky we are/NOT , once again (!!!), to have a defending representative of the criminal apartheid entity get top comment — the spamming potential is just endless.

• Annie Robbins
        January 2, 2016, 6:43 pm

and come to think of it mooser, there’s no difference in the meaning of cause and effect and causality. so what he’s claiming is an attitude among palestinians of either disconnecting or totally disregarding cause and effect. which makes perfect sense coming from a hasbara specialist because, as i mentioned yesterday in a tweet:

he’s blinded by his own hasbara. it’s israel who claims to only be responding. it’s israel who totally disregards and denies the phenomenon of causality. as if it’s not normal and a human right to resist oppression. blinded by the light…

• diasp0ra
      January 2, 2016, 5:39 pm

@Ivri

Are you kidding me? You don’t think occupation and the literal existence of a settlement in the heart of the city are causal effects to why people in Hebron are angry?

if anything it’s you that loves to take things out of context.

January 2, 2016, 5:44 pm

“Are you kidding me?”

“diasp0ra”, as far as I have seen, not a single one of our herd of ilk has any, even a hazy concept, of what it means to be accountable or responsible for their words.
        They may say any damn thing. But don’t expect them to know what they are saying, or have just said.

• Kris
        January 3, 2016, 12:00 am

@diasp0ra: “You don’t think occupation and the literal existence of a settlement in the heart of the city are causal effects to why people in Hebron are angry?”

You heard the man, diasp0ra. As far as I can tell, “ivri” seems to be saying that Palestinians don’t understand that Israeli Jews may react in response to Palestinian behavior.

“Ivri” denies that Palestinians may react in response to Jewish behavior; obviously it is a given that the behavior of people who are Jewish never has anything to do with actions against them, which are always, by definition, inspired by antisemitism. That is why Jews are the only people ever who don’t have to worry about reaping what they sow.

“You deserve to be raped before you have your terrorist children,” the Zionist said as he kicked Rafeef Ziadah in the gut. Here’s Rafeef Ziadah explaining why “Arab women of color come in all shades of anger,” and why their oppressors should BEWARE!

• Kris
        January 3, 2016, 12:15 am

Please note: the Rafeef Ziadah video above, “All Shades of Anger,” is in English, there aren’t subtitles.

• eljay
      January 2, 2016, 5:58 pm

|| ivri: … There is this attitude among Palestinian of disconnecting causes and effects or total disregard to the causality phenomenon in life … ||

Says one of countless hateful and immoral Zio-supremacists:
      – who insist that Israel is a “Jewish State”, that it represents all Jews, that it is the “historic homeland” of all Jews and is the “one true homeland” of all Jews; and
      – whose oppressive, colonialist, expansionist and religion-supremacist “Jewish State” has been committing (war) crimes for decades and with impunity on behalf of Jewish supremacism in/and a religion-supremacist “Jewish State” is as much as possible of Palestine.

Comedy gold!

• zaid
      January 2, 2016, 7:09 pm

As long as there is occupation (cause) there will always be violence/resistance (effect)

Palestinians in Hebron have the legal and moral right to resist the occupation and colonization of their land including the use of violence.

we have the right to resist this war criminal.

• Kris
      January 2, 2016, 11:36 pm

@ivri: “This is of course what happens there SINCE the present disturbances began.”

This is of course more b.s. from ivri, who OBVIOUSLY didn’t even bother to watch the video.

@ivri: “There is this attitude among Palestinian of disconnecting causes and effects or total disregard to the causality phenomenon in life.” Please explain what you’re talking about; give examples, provide links to reputable sources. Thanks.

• ivri
        January 3, 2016, 5:06 am

Kris, I don`t think that what you need here is examples but instead an insightful explanation for a much broader phenomenon.
        There is this feeling in the Arab world of deep grievance versus the West (“the Crusaders”) and the Jews. In my non-professional view it goes back many centuries, even millennia, and is part of some kind of ahistorical rivalry between the 3 groups. The Arabs had their days of glory and the Europeans their low point (the Jews were always the quantitatively marginal players although in other ways they had meaningful influence) but now, in the era of modernity, it appears as if the West, and now also the Jews (not until a century ago), has gained the upper and the Arab world is left behind. Europe, and the other newer Western countries, glitter with success and the Arab world is in a bad shape (and that was the case before the present major turbulence in Arabia that began few years ago). It takes a professional historian to study how this outcome in this “historical rivalry (or competition)” came about – I am familiar with some theories – but the important point now is not is what it means for today`s world conditions.
        In particular, Arabs (and now it has expanded into the broader Islamic world) feel that they have been wronged and generally blame The West” for it. That is not without foundations but then mainly so in indirect ways – past colonialist periods, the post WW1 arrangements (which have created many modern Arab states), the rise of the US and its oil dealings with Gulf countries etc. (and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire is also there) and, more generally, the way the globalization process (cum technology advances) made the big guys of the world interfere with what goes on everywhere in it (so, in particular, leaving no option for Arabia to be excluded from the “big common arena” even as a lot in Western tradition contradicted theirs).
        To cut a truly very long story short – all this appear to give Arabs a sense of having a card-blanche for retributions. Hence, for instance, the Sep 11 attack (remember Bin-Laden`s justifications) and acts in Europe and of course Israel.
        Israel seemed the most acute and concrete case of the above – not “the occupation” but mainly its very establishment right at the heart of the Arab world. In Arab eyes, the most blatant manifestation of their mistreatment (“humiliation”) by “The West” of which Israel was conceived as a part even as, paradoxically, or perhaps ironically, the arriving Jews into it were in fact fleeing European persecutions. It thus attracted most of their attention – even as it was in realistic terms a marginal issue for the, It also seemed the easiest target to score a retribution success, from a practical point of view, since in their midst, miniature in size, with a small population and mot too much love by Europeans (within the abovementioned historical three-party rivalry). What happened since, we all know.
        It is kind of a very general background and a serious examination is clearly not for here and not by me – generally, one of those grand sagas that History is composed of except that it is happening now, with us and part of our everyday life. It is anybody`s guess how it will develop.

• Kris
        January 3, 2016, 11:39 am

Shorter ivri:

I won’t address your questions or provide evidence for my assertions. I will just fill up a lot of column inches claiming that because of historical grievances, Arabs feel entitled to attack “the West “the Crusaders”) and the Jews,” and Israel just happens to be a convenient target for Arab rage.

It’s odd that though you understand that Arabs have suffered much at the hands of western nations, and have legitimate grievances against us, you can’t grasp the idea that not only do the Palestinians have legitimate grievances against the Israeli Jews and their enablers, but, as an occupied people, they have the right to resist Israeli occupation. Just as the Resistance movements resisted the Nazi occupations in WWII.

• talknic
      January 3, 2016, 8:02 am

ivri January 2, 2016, 4:39 pm

This is of course what happens there SINCE … “

… about 1897 and the Zionist Federation’s determination to colonize Palestine

Palestinians are well aware of the Zionist colonization of Palestine and the effect it has had on them.

Comedy is not your forte. Stick to Israeli propaganda it’s much funnier

• Froggy
      January 3, 2016, 2:56 pm

ivri :: “There is this attitude among Palestinian of disconnecting causes and effects or total disregard to the causality phenomenon in life”

You’re projecting.

There is this attitude among Israelis and many diaspora Jews of disconnecting causes and effects or total disregard to the causality phenomenon in life.

There! Fixed it for you.

• ivri
        January 4, 2016, 7:51 am

@Froggy
        Actually, one reason why the Jews have survived their long troubled history as persecuted minorities in other countries – sometimes horrible beyond grasping – exactly because they fully understood what causality is about. The Arab culture loves metaphors from Mature and here is one on that line (not original): A tree that is able to bend with winds always return eventually to normal position whereas the firm tree, while never bending, will be broken by too strong a wind.

• eljay
        January 4, 2016, 9:39 am

|| ivri: … A tree that is able to bend with winds always return eventually to normal position whereas the firm tree, while never bending, will be broken by too strong a wind. ||

Yup, those Thousand Year Reichs never last. And that’s why the firm, never-bending edifice constructed, maintained, expanded and defended Zio-supremacism will eventually break.

• James Michie
      January 4, 2016, 10:01 am

Your “commentary” is bizarre at best, and horrific at worst! You, Ivri, like far too many individuals claiming to be “Jewish”, but really are Zionist, or Zionist sympathizers, suffer from abject denial and cognitive dissonance. It is my hope and my prayer that you and your Zionist brethren some day will decide to convert to Judaism and practice and hold to the morals and values of: Judaism: “What is hateful to you, do not to your fellowmen. That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.” Talmud, Shabbat 31:a

So, Ivri, look beyond the end of your nose and accept the fact that Zionist Israel’s brutal, barbaric racist, genocidal, ethnic cleansing forced military occupation of Palestine for the past five decades is both criminal and unacceptable to all of humankind–and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

2. JLewisDickerson
    January 2, 2016, 4:52 pm

RE: “Video: A glimpse of Palestinians living under occupation in Hebron”

A MID-WINTER EVENING’S MUSICAL INTERLUDE, proudly brought to you by the purveyors of new Über-Xtreme Ziocaine™ Ultra SRTP (Sustained-Release Transdermal Patch): “Let The Good Times Roll!”

Last night I was dreamin’
    Dreamed about the H-bomb
    Well the bomb a-went off and I was caught
    I was the only man on the ground

There was a-thirteen women and only one man in town
    Thirteen women and only one man in town
    And as funny as it may be
    The one and only man in town was me
    With thirteen women and me the only man around

I had two girls every morning
    Seein’ that I was well fed
    And believe-a you me, one sweetened my tea
    While another one buttered my bread

Two girls gave me my money
    Two girls made me my clothes
    And another sweet thing bought me a diamond ring
    About forty carats I suppose . . .

. . . I had three girls dancin’ the Mambo
    Three girls ballin’ the jack
    And-a all-a the rest really did their best
    Boy, they sure were a lively pack

I thought I was in heaven
    And all of these angels were mine
    But I woke up and I ended the dream
    ‘Cause I had to get to work on time . . .

Thirteen Women – Bill Haley and his Comets, 1954

• JLewisDickerson
      January 2, 2016, 4:56 pm

P.S. Visconti used Bill Haley’s Thirteen Women in his 1957 film Le Notti Bianche* (which was a film adaptation of Dostoyevsky’s short story White Nights**).

* Le Notti Bianche (1957) – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050782/
      ** White Nights and Other Stories, by Fyodor Dostoevsky – https://archive.org/details/whitenightsother00dostiala

All My Faith Lost – Notti Bianche

All My Faith Lost – Notti Bianche

Silent I’ve been for all these years
      No one to speak with, no one to see
      I live into illusions, I live only in dreams
      Lonely I’ve been for all these years

Lightly your tears have broken my dreams
      Lightly your hands gave light to my life

Lighltly your tears have broken my dreams
      A night for illusions, a night for your fears
      Close to my heart just for a second
      Close to my heart then fallen apart