- Backlash grows against surveillance targeting Muslims: Lawsuit and bills take … 1
- Report from Yemen: The innocent victims of the Obama drone … 1
- ‘Fuck it, I Love Israel’ — Artists 4 Israel bombards … 20
- Daily News and Foxman smear Alice Walker: ‘infected by anti-Semitism,’ … 30
- Slam poet Tahani Salah rips into ADC 2013 audience performing … 0
- Samantha Power’s character reference likens Palestinians to Nazis, deserving defeat 31
- ‘Your cause is our cause,’ Mohammed Assaf tells Palestinian prisoners 16
- New commuter station ad seeks to immunize Israel from racism … 9
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 197
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 99
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 94
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 83
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- Peace Now: New starts on settler homes at a seven-year … 70
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 137
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 132
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 102
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Latest DC mantra: The two-state solution is dead, long live … 58
- Chris Matthews takes populist stance against another Establishment war on … 55
- Backlash grows against surveillance targeting Muslims: Lawsuit and bills take aim at NYPD http://t.co/kc2nbxRUZB, 2 mins ago
- Report from Yemen: The innocent victims of the Obama drone wars http://t.co/rBd7KW45ih, 19 mins ago
- ‘Fuck it, I Love Israel’ — Artists 4 Israel bombards Ibiza with hasbara condoms http://t.co/MPix1M2FfS, 29 mins ago
- Backlash grows against surveillance targeting Muslims: Lawsuit and bills take aim at NYPD http://t.co/cx0oNrygtc, 4 hours ago
- Report from Yemen: The innocent victims of the Obama drone wars http://t.co/RItqjlOFcg, 4 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Fuck it, I Love Israel’ — Artists 4 Israel bombards Ibiza with hasbara condoms (20)
- Hostage: does israel really want to be represented as a brothel to the world That’s sort of my take on it too:...
- Shmuel: Marriages can only be performed in Israel by the recognised authorities of the respective religious...
- thankgodimatheist: I was concerned that this fellow is someone that looks like a gentleman which could earn him some...
- After Kerry visit, Israeli and Palestinian leaders quietly re-open economic negotiations (27)
- Hostage: “injecting $4bn into economy” is “just tightening the noose” according to Annie “Orwell” Robbins. And War...
- Report from Yemen: The innocent victims of the Obama drone wars (1)
- Citizen: Thanks Pam. Keep up the good work.
- Judge who acquitted war criminals at Hague had ‘close and confidential relations’ with U.S. gov’t (8)
- Hostage: That’s all fine. I still find it naive that people would think that judges would not speak with any...
- Daily News and Foxman smear Alice Walker: ‘infected by anti-Semitism,’ all but ‘a lunatic shouting anti-Semitic canards’ (30)
- tree: Ida B. Wells?
- State officials in California sign letter denouncing BDS movement on college campuses (14)
- Hostage: I think your reading is wrong. Clearly, a government can commit genocide without US government “deeming”...
- ‘Your cause is our cause,’ Mohammed Assaf tells Palestinian prisoners (16)
- Annie Robbins: Enass, thank you so very very much. i cannot fully express, the added joy and...
- Tough love from Clinton at a ‘left-leaning’ celeb party beats having anything to do with Palestinians (21)
- seafoid: Very true. He will leave very little behind because Zionism is not going to make it.
- ‘Fuck it, I Love Israel’ — Artists 4 Israel bombards Ibiza with hasbara condoms (20)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Allison Deger
- Annie Robbins
- Today in Palestine
- Alex Kane
- Eleanor Kilroy
Author Archives: Ben White
The Palestinians’ Boycott Divestment Sanctions campaign is making headlines, thanks in part to pro-Israel advocates’ attack on an event scheduled for tonight at Brooklyn College. But it would be a mistake to assume that this sort of crude bullying is the main, let alone only, way Zionist groups are fighting back against the growing movement for Palestinian rights. Here are some examples of how Israel and its supporters are targeting BDS.
On the eve of the Association for Israel Studies annual conference, Ben White looks at Israel Studies’ role in masking the facts of Israeli oppression, and thwarting growing global resistance to that ugly reality.
Ben White discusses his new book “Palestinians in Israel.”
Yousef Munayyer’s post earlier today have highlighted the weakness in Ethan Bronner’s version of the events in 1947-49, quoting from the reports of the time from the New York Times itself. Similarly refreshing insights can be found in the archives … Continue reading
Today, 6 May, marks one year since Ameer Makhoul, general director of Palestinian NGO-network Ittijah, was arrested in the night from his home in Haifa. Ameer was held without access to a lawyer for almost two weeks, and subjected to … Continue reading
Apparently, The Reut Institute was sufficiently concerned about my post earlier this week on the role of Israel studies in Israel’s ‘rebranding’ exercise, that staff member Eran Shayshon contributed this reply. My original article was clear: “promoting Israel studies on … Continue reading
On Tuesday, an article in The Guardian reported an “expansion” in Israel studies at London’s School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS), as well as “a new European Association of Israel Studies (EAIS) to be launched in September”. During the … Continue reading
The publication of Richard Goldstone’s op-ed in The Washington Post on Friday heralded a weekend of frenzied hasbara. Goldstone’s “retraction” (though ‘qualification’ is more accurate) of the report into Operation Cast Lead was welcomed by Israeli leaders, Israel advocates in … Continue reading
In a post today, Alex Kane asked the question, ‘Is another ‘Cast Lead’ in the offing?’ I wanted to just add a couple of supplementary thoughts on the current “escalation” in Gaza. Firstly, the AIC have published a useful article … Continue reading
As activists around the world take part in Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW), Zionist lobby groups have swung into action, pushing a mixture of candy-coated distractions, lies, and trained hasbarists. Here are five commonly heard objections to IAW, unpacked. 1. “Arabs … Continue reading
The letter from Boycott from Within to British Telecom, January 18, 2011: Dear British Telecom, We, Israeli citizens devoted to the promotion of a just peace and a true democracy in the Middle East, are deeply concerned about the potentially … Continue reading
An article this week in The Jerusalem Post suggested that "when the construction freeze in Judea and Samaria ends on September 26", Israeli PM Netanyahu intends to build mainly in the so-called settlement blocs "Israel will likely keep under an … Continue reading
In late May, I wrote a piece about the Nassar family’s ‘Tent of Nations’ project outside Bethlehem, and the demolition orders that had been issued by the Israeli occupation forces. I have just got back from a visit to Palestine … Continue reading
Mondoweiss has already reported the demolition of Bedouin Palestinian homes in an-Naqab in the south of Israel. Neve Gordon and others have correctly contextualised the events in terms of the wider strategic aims of ‘Judaising’ the Negev. The following story appeared in … Continue reading
‘a wretched reality that should appall anyone with an ounce of humanity’ (still Israel seeks to justify blockade)
Israel’s apologists in Britain, aware that they’re fighting a losing battle, haven’t got many options left when it comes to making excuses for apartheid. With renewed focus on the collective punishment of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, the hasbarists have … Continue reading
An article in Ha’aretz today will surely get attention for the headline, ‘Foreign Ministry warned Israel Navy not to raid Gaza flotilla in international waters’. Further down, is the following: Thus, according to senior figures familiar with the details of … Continue reading
Bnei Brak is a city of around 150,000, next to Tel Aviv. Apparently [according to Ynet], "notices against employing Palestinians in Israel without a permit" have been appearing in the last week. The notices stated, "As is known, for a … Continue reading
This is Daoud Nassar. His family own a beautiful piece of land to the west of Bethlehem, in the Occupied West Bank. I have had the privilege of visiting their land numerous times since I first went to Palestine/Israel in … Continue reading
With worldwide Palestine solidarity and the BDS movement growing in strength, Israeli propaganda efforts intended to counter the "peace with justice" call have also come under the spotlight. We’ve seen Reut’s "delegitimization" report, crass campus hasbara, and a host of … Continue reading
Last week, the UK national newspaper ‘The Sunday Times’ featured an article attacking Human Rights Watch. In tones familiar to similar attacks on both HRW and Amnesty International, there was no prize for guessing which country was deemed to be … Continue reading
On March 17, the following note appeared on the Promised Land blog: And this also happened this week: the office of the minister of education forbade distributing a booklet for kids about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, because it … Continue reading
Ben White has a big piece at EI, on Israel’s recent propaganda efforts: The Global Forum’s anti-BDS group talked of the "Jewish community" needing "a war room" that would be "tracking this movement, sharing best practices, coaching communities." It mentioned … Continue reading
As mentioned earlier, Zionist hasbara efforts in Canada now boast a new initiative called ‘Size Doesn’t Matter’. The campaign has got most publicity so far on account of a video that combines sexual crudity with the erasure of Palestine from … Continue reading
This in Ha’aretz today: Haaretz has learnt that Benjamin Netanyahu’s government is considering a five-year plan costing NIS 500 million to renovate and preserve national heritage and infrastructure sites, in an attempt to strengthen ties between global Jewry and Israel’s … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post website today carries an "exclusive" interview with two settlers in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of East Jerusalem. The whole piece is an interesting insight into this particular mentality – note, for example, Yuval’s observation that the "Galilee … Continue reading