- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 6
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 17
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 46
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 49
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 92
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 12
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 113
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 90
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 87
- Thousands of Palestinians denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs water conservation pact with Netanyahu http://t.co/uST71IRFuH, 3 hours ago
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of Teaching Palestine to Americans’ http://t.co/H8rDbZSLTb, 5 hours ago
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/bfLo27JQcU, 5 hours ago
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited http://t.co/qE0TlSctRS, 8 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (92)
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy pact with Netanyahu (6)
- Kathleen: So wonder if Code Pink, NIAC, End the Occupation will start targeting Jerry Brown?
- ritzl: Yeah, seafoid. So many ways to put this, but $3+B/year would go a long way to solving California’s...
- Sumud: I don’t think Jerry Brown read Netanyahu’s PDS (product disclosure statement) before signing....
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (46)
- Mainstream press embraces Netanyahu’s speech as supporting Kerry initiative (55)
- Hostage: Throw your mind back and try to accept any “representative” from a domesticated “national” body residing in...
- State Dept to ‘check out’ vicious attack on Palestinian athletes (81)
- piotr: Don’t joke like that, otherwise they will forbid to bring cottage cheese on-board planes (quark in...
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream saga revisited (17)
- seafoid: “Israel is going to play out more like abortion, immigration or capital punishment where people have...
Author Archives: Dorothy Naor
Dear Leonard Cohen,
I realize that via your manager you have received numerous requests not to appear in Israel. This is not such a letter, even though I do agree with the requests and the principles of the boycott. Still, you are an adult and must come to your own conclusions.
However, your decision should be grounded on facts, as, for instance the cost of Israel’s occupation and colonization to Jewish Israelis.
I do not want to only write about the injustice and tragedy that Palestinians have suffered. I am sure that you have had more than enough of that in other letters. Again, I by no means imply symmetry between Palestinian suffering and Israeli when I claim that Israeli Jews pay a high price for occupation.
Still, that price exists, and you should be aware of it. It can be stated in a single phrase: the devaluation of human life, Jewish as well as Palestinian. This devaluation is due to the policies of expansion and ethnic cleansing common to all Israel’s governments. Continue reading