- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 29
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 16
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 32
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 9
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 9
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 42
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 10
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 19
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @EliClifton: RT @PaulBlu: We swear we're not a lobby. Here's our mock oval office to practice lobbying in. http://t.co/Wwv3AvhIMi, 4 hours ago
- RT @DaraDeBrun: @allissonCD "Get out of the way kid, democracy coming through!" #myIDF http://t.co/UX17fzSZxH, 4 hours ago
- RT @SoulRevision: Follow along #FreePalestine #divest #BDS RT @SDSU_SJP: Watch the livestream for #SDSUdivest here: https://t.co/Stf3stYHQR, 4 hours ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: Imagine if Abbas refused to negotiate because of the make of of Netanyahu's coalition, the most right-wing settlement drunk in history, 8 hours ago
- 'Al Jazeera' examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized 'universalists' http://t.co/CTwfMbXhKM, 8 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (32)
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (10)
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (16)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (42)
- piotr: Actually, the linguistic rights of Russian speakers are one of the main points of contention, and there are...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (74)
- piotr: It reminds me a report of a parliamentary commission in United Kingdom that after 20 (or 100?) pages...
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (29)
Author Archives: Joe Catron
A photo essay of a rally in Gaza to mark the 65th anniversary of the Nakba.
The Newseum’s ‘further investigation’ must be public, credible, and thorough – and what we should do if it isn’t
An impartial investigation by the Newseum into the deaths of Mahmoud al-Kumi and Hussam Salama should be welcomed, but if the investigation is secretive, partisan, or perfunctory, or if the same conclusions already reached by every other responsible body fail to produce equivalent tribute to al-Kumi and Salama – some response will be demanded.
Greek Orthodox Christians marked the beginning of Easter Sunday with a four-hour midnight service in Gaza’s 1,606-year-old Church of Saint Porphyrius.
Greek Orthodox Christians at Gaza’s Church of Saint Porphyrius, which recently commemorated its 1,606th anniversary, celebrated Palm Sunday yesterday according to the Eastern church calendar.
Thousands demonstrated in Gaza this morning, marching and rallying to mark the fortieth Palestinian Prisoners’ Day.
Yesterday the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) United States announced that its board of directors had voted unanimously on March 16 to divest the organization’s direct holdings in “companies that support Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza.”
The open air prison is being used by Israel as a prison: thus its freeing of Ayman Sharawna on condition that he be held in Gaza for ten years
In photos: On eve of Obama visit, Rafah children remember Rachel Corrie and protest US aid to Israel
On Saturday, Palestinian children held a vigil in Rafah to commemorate the death of American activist Rachel Corrie in the Gaza Strip border town a decade ago. Twelve-year old Heba Saqir read a letter to US President Barack Obama, due in Tel Aviv, asking that the president “sincerely speak out against military occupation, demand an end to the siege, don’t send more guns to Israel, and don’t oppose our unity. Please don’t empower those who have tormented my family and me for so long.”
After a weekly sit-in by families of Palestinian detainees in the courtyard of the International Committee of the Red Cross’ Gaza Strip headquarters Monday morning, demonstrators rallied on the street outside to mark International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day.
Several hundred Palestinian fishermen rallied on the Mediterranean Sea Sunday, March 3rd, sailing a flotilla of more than 50 boats from the Gaza seaport to the northern town of Beit Lahia and back to demand the return of 36 fishing boats seized by Israel.
Every Monday morning families of Palestinians detained by Israel gather in the courtyard of the International Committee of the Red Cross’s Gaza Strip headquarters. In 2011, an organizer said that the event, which began after the redeployment of Israeli forces following the Oslo accords in 1994, “could enter the Guinness book of records for the longest running weekly sit-ins in the world.”
Following the death of a young Palestinian father in an Israeli prison, four days after he was arrested, there have been widespread Palestinian protests, including one in Gaza, demanding that “the international community pressure the occupation to release all of our detainees in Israeli prisons’
Hundreds of Palestinian farmers marched to the Gaza Strip’s Israel-imposed “buffer zone” this morning, where they rallied and planted olive trees. The demonstration, organized by theUnion of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC), was part of a global day of action for boycotts of Israeli agricultural companies organized by UAWC, other Palestinian agricultural organizations, and the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) National Committee.
Today the Supreme Court will announce its decision to hear whether to hear the last remaining legal appeal of the Holy Land Five. The crusade against the Holy Land Foundation has been a political prosecution that targeted five Palestinian-Americans, with the close collaboration of Israeli intelligence sources and an anonymous witness.
As Palestinians commemorated the one-year anniversary of last year’s prisoner exchange and the end of a mass hunger strike, both on October 18, the Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association confirmed in a statement yesterday that Palestinian detainee Samer al-Barq had resumed his open hunger strike against an administrative detention order, after ending a previous 123-day strike on September 21.
Palestinian in Gaza protest the administrative detention of Samer al-Barq, now on his 105th day of a continuous hunger strike, and Hassan Safadi, on his 75th.
A new report by Palestinian human rights organization Al-Haq accuses Israel of “encouraging and facilitating the exploitation of Palestinian natural resources and actively assisting their pillaging by private actors” in the Dead Sea region of the occupied West Bank.
US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro has met with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, former Sephardic Chief Rabbi of Israel and current head of Shas’s Council of Torah Sages.
Senior Israeli officials including National Security Advisor Ya’akov Amidror and Interior Minister Eli Yishai held a “secret meeting” with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, the former Sephardic Chief Rabbi of Israel, who is known for his desire to “annihilate” Arabs.
In pictures, dozens of Palestinians braved a searing afternoon sun to rally in Gaza’s Saha market district against the sale of Israeli products during Ramadan.
Pro-Israel organizers against the Presbyterian Church’s divestment of Caterpillar, Hewlett-Packard, and Motorola b are mobilizing online, couching their position in the language of balance and parity.
As several Palestinians detainees continue the Karameh (“Dignity”) hunger strike, which began April 17 and officially ended with a May 14 agreement, the family of one hunger-striking prisoner, Akram Rikhawi, has appealed for public support, while thousands more plan to launch another mass action inside Israel’s prisons and detention centers.
Hundreds of Palestinians, led by Scouts from throughout the besieged Gaza Strip, marched in Rafah today to demand that Israel release Mahmoud Sarsak and Akram Rikhawi, two detainees still on hunger strike.
Joe Catron photographs Gaza’s clay sea huts in a coastal resort in Rafah, one kilometer from the Egyptian border.
As the number of Palestinian detainees on hunger strike in Israeli prisons reaches 2,500, Joe Catron photographs Palestinians in Gaza protesting in a solidarity tent in the Unknown Soldier’s Square (al-Jundi).