- Informant’s text messages shed new light on NYPD spy program … 0
- Why did ‘NYT’ serve as platform for ‘military propaganda’? 1
- Reluctantly taking down monstrous orientalist video, college union in Israel … 6
- George Orwell would hate Israel 27
- First photographs of ‘Arabs with Altitude’ and Palestinian flag … 0
- Exile and the Prophetic: Freeing the president 0
- Why Palestine is different 7
- PLO: Israel has built 16,000 settlement units over the past … 1
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1709
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1362
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 810
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 401
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 314
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West … 302
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 106
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 57
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 54
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 50
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 49
- Informant’s text messages shed new light on NYPD spy program targeting Muslims http://t.co/J7dbBLZZXl, 8 hours ago
- Exile and the Prophetic: Freeing the president http://t.co/FXU8YRToQS, 8 hours ago
- First photographs of ‘Arabs with Altitude’ and Palestinian flag atop Everest http://t.co/jQQ6xcFAWw, 8 hours ago
- George Orwell would hate Israel http://t.co/pXjc9SBxNL, 8 hours ago
- Reluctantly taking down orientalist video, college union in Israel protests that it got '1000s of positive reactions' http://t.co/uCZ0r5CDey, 8 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ (25)
- Ramzi Jaber: Citizen, yet again, I’m afraid you’re right but I hope you’re wrong ;-)
- SF officials describe ‘apartheid’ label as ‘intolerance alienating the Jewish community’ (34)
- Glenn Greenwald on the Woolwich attack and blowback from the ‘war on terror’ (49)
- Annie Robbins: ckg, that’s very interesting.
- George Orwell would hate Israel (27)
- eljay: >> Every country has the right to control its borders. But no country has a right to be an oppressive,...
- Sumud: Jeepers Norman, you’re still peddling entry-level hasbara? At least entertain us with some more...
- Stephen Shenfield: I just read the article you refer to (originally from Ha-Aretz) and “an admitted...
- Reluctantly taking down monstrous orientalist video, college union in Israel protests that it got ’1000s of positive reactions’ (6)
- Kerry goes for the Hail Mary, but Obama is punting (48)
- Hostage: P.S. Netanyahu has advocated an economic peace rather than an end to the occupation for years. I have no...
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ (25)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Hamde Abu Rahme
- Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz
Category Archives: Israel/Palestine
In the last part of Isabel Kershner’s piece on the al-Dura report by Israel, I learned that the investigative body had never contacted the father of the killed boy. At that moment, I understood that the report is military propaganda. — Harold Hjalmarson
Reluctantly taking down monstrous orientalist video, college union in Israel protests that it got ’1000s of positive reactions’
Ugly vicious, sickening, sadistic — Larry Derfner’s take on racist video from Israeli college students portraying Arabs as backward monsters
Consider all the cases of writers denied entry into Palestine by Israel. Then consider George Orwell’s rage at England for denying Henry Miller entry in 1934. “[T]he mixture of spite, cunning and stupidity with which they handled him made one wonder what is the use of all this talk about democracy, freedom of the press, and what not.” And just imagine what Orwell would say about Israel
The first Palestinian and first Arab woman to make it to climb Everest was the Yaffa-born Suzanne al Houby, in 2011. Now Raed Zidan has joined her, the first Palestinian man
Obama seems to have a dual role – he’s also fronting for the Jewish establishment. Right now, I can’t imagine one establishment without the other. To change one you have to change both. –Marc Ellis
Secretary of State John Kerry is making an all-out effort to restart peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine. Many well-intentioned people with hands-on experience in resolving other longstanding, global issues, like those of Ireland, South Africa, and U.S. civil rights have engaged in the Palestinian-Israeli issue. While there is always a great deal to learn from other global experiences, the case of Palestine is different and unless Secretary Kerry recognizes this all efforts will be in vain. Three issues related to this conflict that are crucial to understand are: historic guilt, colonial responsibility, and the U.S. “special relationship” with Israel.
Land, property theft & destruction / Ethnic cleansing Israel constructed 16,000 settlement units over the past 3 years MEMO 22 May — Saeb Erekat, member of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO) Executive Committee, stated that the Israeli government “Continues to … Continue reading
Coalition supporting apartheid ads on SF buses urges campaign to stop official action to label their ads hate speech
Peter Voskamp reports from Obama’s speech yesterday: Medea Benjamin’s tactics during Obama’s drone speech yesterday provided a riveting exchange, with Obama saying, “That woman is worth paying attention to.” And the exchange could not have come at a better time on a more crucial set of issues: a president’s power to kill or indefinitely detain without due process. As it happened, Obama’s chief of staff was sitting directly behind me inside the National Defense University, and I couldn’t help but catch some of his reaction. Not only did he seem unfazed, he even wondered aloud if he should call off the encroaching security guards.
Jack Rosen of the American Jewish Congress was part of Barack Obama’s outreach to Jews on Israel. His whole agenda is Israel. Anthony Weiner is in his apartment in NY. The NY Times doesn’t tell you that.
There are 3000 Jahalin Bedouin refugees living in the E-1 lands east of Jerusalem that Netanyahu plans more Jewish settlements on. You can learn about them tonight at Hunter College, at 7 PM
AIPAC is promoting Netanyahu as supportive of the peace process, but the statements of the rest of his government paint a very different picture.
The Guardian’s Harriet Sherwood interview Jamal al-Dura who challenges Israel to produce his son Muhammad, if he is indeed alive
A day after Jordan’s Foreign Minister told John Kerry that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is the “lingering, core” issue, the Secretary of State chided Israelis for missing opportunity: “it’s not on the tip of everybody’s tongue. People in Israel aren’t waking up every day and wondering if tomorrow there’ll be peace, because there is a sense of security and a sense of accomplishment and a sense of prosperity.”
“Notes on Palestine/Israel” is an annual publication put out by Cornell Students for Justice in Palestine. As campus Palestine activists, we are often accused of being unwilling and unable to “dialogue” reasonably with our Zionist counterparts so we open this volume of “Notes” with our analysis of the problems of engaging in such empty and token calls to dialogue. Dialogue in our view is not just mere claim and denial but an actual critical engagement with real political questions. With that in mind, we offer this volume of “Notes” as our dialogue.
My reflections on being a marginal Jew come from my pre-emptive victory shout-out for the Church of Scotland who kept the main thrust of “The Inheritance of Abraham” and then, lo and behold, yesterday it passed the General Assembly. A pre-emptive declaration of victory and a real one, too!
Bob Simon took on Israeli ambassador Michael Oren a year ago, causing CAMERA to accuse 60 Minutes of anti-Semitism. ’60 Minutes’ has put CAMERA on ignore
Today the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland accepted the controversial Church and Society Council report on Israel/Palestine titled “The Inheritance of Abraham? A Report on the ‘Promised Land,’”which has been widely and angrily condemned by Jewish groups and the Israeli government as anti-Semitic and anti-Israel.
“High school’s tough enough without having to face prison time for refusing to serve an occupation you know is wrong” — when will story of Israeli refuseniks make ’60 Minutes’?
While Biden panders to a Jewish audience, Chelsea Clinton undertakes a “multifaith” initiative
First the Israeli government drank the Koolaid on a rightwing conspiracist theory of how young Muhammad al-Dura died in Gaza 13 years ago. Then the New York Times got in line….
Israel is making Kafka’s castle seem easy to access and navigate. But, then, Palestinians already live in a Kafkaesque world where their appeals to democracies and dictatorships end up in the same garbage can. Since we know that democracies can be imperial and colonial powers, democracies can likewise be regressive and enablers of regressive politics on distant shores. Israel may be a democracy for Jews but it increasingly acts like the only regressive democracy in the Middle East.
Wolf Blitzer is a redneck, in exchange with Oklahoma victim who rebuffs his question, Did she pray to the lord, by saying she’s an atheist
Kerry’s trip to the Middle East is either: Groundhog day to 1991, messianic, or a laughingstock. In any case, nothing will happen, experts say, without Obama showing a willingness to take on AIPAC and the Israeli government. And he won’t. Above, Benjamin Netanyahu speaks with Kerry during Holocaust Remembrance Day at the Yad Vashem memorial in Jerusalem, on April 8, 2013.
‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers
There are a lot of racist comments about Palestinians in a Forward comment section following a great piece on the destruction of the Mughrabi quarter in 1967