Sheldon Adelson to honor Sean Penn at neocon ball

Sean Penn

Sean Penn

Sean Penn’s wikipedia entry begins with his activism. “He is known for his left-wing political and social activism, including humanitarian work.” For instance, he has worked for the Haitian people.

From the Times of Israel, by rightwing Rabbi Shmuley Boteach:

Sean Penn will be honored by our organization, This World: The Values Network, on 18 May, at Cipriani in New York, for his work in saving the life of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew who was unjustly accused and rotting in a Bolivian jail for three years. Joining him as co-honorees this year, the silver anniversary of my time in the Rabbinate, are Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and Ambassador Ron Dermer of Israel, both of whom served as my student Presidents at the Oxford L’Chaim Society. John Prendergast, the great anti-genocide campaigner and former under Secretary-of-State for Africa under Bill Clinton, and Bret Stephens, who won last year’s Pulitzer Prize for Distinguished commentary, will also be honorees. The hosts for the dinner are the world’s foremost Jewish philanthropists, Dr. Miriam and Sheldon Adelson, and Birthright Israel co-founders, Judy and Michael Steinhardt

Sheldon Adelson is best known for urging Obama to nuke Iran and for giving millions of dollars to rightwing Republican politicians to oppose the division of Jerusalem. Adelson has denied the existence of Palestinians, calling them South Syrians.

Michael Steinhardt also told Max Blumenthal there is no occupation, and there is no Palestinian people.

Boteach and Bret Stephens were on the stage with Adelson when he said Obama should nuke Iran. Of course, Boteach is also a good friend of many Democrats, including Cory Booker.

H/t Max Blumenthal.

philweiss

1. February 26, 2014, 1:00 pm

Scarlett must have gotten to him.

Another one bites the dust.

Krauss
      February 26, 2014, 6:09 pm

Sean Penn made his career in PEP-central – Hollywood.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. So he didn’t bite the dust; he was molded in the mud from an early age. If you want a career in Hollywood, forget about anti-Zionism. Just ask Tilda Swinton.

2. February 26, 2014, 1:00 pm

I think that I shall boycott Sean Penn if he shows up at this farce.

3. pabelmont
    pabelmont
    February 26, 2014, 1:52 pm

Of course the honoree will show up.
    And presumably, even with Scarlett so famous just now, he may not have gotten the word. Or not cared. Or been a member of the fold who never thought for a moment of NOT joining in an arch-right-wing-Zionist hoo-haw.

I don’t walk in those circles (or s**t in that tall grass) but I imagine that those who do would love, looooove, to sit at a table with luminaries like Sheldon Adelson and his lovely and talented wife, and the Israeli whoop-de-whoop. And the unpronounceable rabbi (Does his name end-rhyme with “teach” or begin-rhyme with “bought” ?)

Star dust falling. Or the Zionist Mafia still hard at work. Your choice.

4. Citizen
    Citizen
    February 26, 2014, 2:10 pm

Penn is just another knee-jerk tribalist who thinks he’s on the cutting edge of rebel by being a Zionist–I assume he thinks Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson have been just crazy all along. More converts like E Taylor and Madonna! It’s good for the soul! And just happens to help your career!

5. Pamela Olson
    Pamela Olson
    February 26, 2014, 2:15 pm

Not particularly relevant, but I’ve always loathed Sean Penn as an actor. He never disappears into his characters. Whenever I see him in a movie, all I can think is, “Hey, look at Sean Penn acting.” He chews up the scenery for little good effect, and he seems pompous for absolutely no reason at all. I have no idea why he’s so venerated. To me he’s just an emperor with no clothes.

Brown-Eyed Girl
      February 26, 2014, 2:44 pm

Pamela,
      I completely disagree with you about Sean Penn’s acting talents. I think he is one of the best actors of his generation. For the record, both the late Siskell and Ebert thought so too. He absolutely disappears into his characters. I admire him for always choosing character roles in good and serious movies, rather than going for what he thinks will be a “hit” or “blockbuster” or what will make him into anothera shallow Hollywood star, like Brad Pitt. Sean was amazing in “Mystic River” and he was incredibly believable as a mentally-retarded father in “I Am Sam.” There was: Milk; All the Kings Men; The Thin Red Line; The Crossing Guard; and of course, Dead Man Walking, where he bought Sister Helen Prejean’s book to life.

Sean’s personal life has left little to be admired. His silly fling and marriage to Madonna; Robin Wright was a good and fine woman but he did not have the sense to hang on to her; not to mention when the broke up, he disgracefully dissed her –the mother of his 2 kids, in a magazine article. His public flings since his divorce have been way too silly, desperate, and immature.

His recent foray into activism has soured me on him. I think his activism is symptom of a mid-life crisis. For most of his public life Sean showed absolutely NO interest in politics, activism, or anything of the sort. If he even bothered to vote, he kept it to himself. He did go to Iraq, hang with Hugo Chavez and, after the earthquake, he went to save the people of Haiti. He appointed himself as their official ambassador and spokesperson and made declarations about how phony, Haitian-born Weycliff Jean was. As a black woman, I was amused that a rich, white, Hollywood guy would appoint himself as savior of a black nation he had only recently “discovered,” his first time visiting Haiti or having anything to do with Haiti and Haitians was after the earthquake.

What I am saying is that his activism is completely self-serving and narcissistic and shallow. Or in plain language, very Hollywood, like Scarlett’s!

I will however wait to see if he actually accepts this award or refuses it or goes and somehow makes a statement in support of the Palestinian people. Who knows, between now and May 18, he may “discover” Palestine and Palestinians, the BDS movement and surprise us all! Regardless, it should be worth a good laugh.

lysias
        February 26, 2014, 3:15 pm

You don’t think Penn chose to play Christopher Boyce’s pal in The Falcon and the Snowman (1985) for political reasons?

Brown-Eyed Girl
        February 26, 2014, 3:41 pm

Shame on me!
        I forgot the Falcon and the Snowman. I loved that book and movie. I don’t know if he made it for political reasons; it was a very political book and movie, perhaps he did. I never read any articles of him speaking about that role.

BTW; Did you know that Chris Boyce is out of jail? Has been for a few years, I believe. Saw him being interviewed on tv, MSNBC I think, when Snowden was seeking asylum in Russia. Boyce said that Showden would eventually regret what he did after the Feds got their hands on him and sent him to solitary confinement and abused him –the way they did to him. Snowden had better stay in Russia!

• February 26, 2014, 3:49 pm

“If he even bothered to vote, he kept it to himself.”

Can’t fault him there. I haven’t voted in 20 years. As my late great prof Howard Zinn once said, Voting is the least effective thing you can do in a democracy.

A letter to the editor is worth 20 votes, a call to a congressman or senator 100.

• February 26, 2014, 2:50 pm

‘Whenever I see him in a movie, all I can think is, “Hey, look at Sean Penn acting.”’

But really: what actor can you not say that of? Not since Jimmy Stewart died, anyway. (“Vertigo,” “The Man Who Knew Too Much,” and “Rear Window.” Three completely different personalities.)

Streep can disappear into a role, occasionally (“Evening,” and, especially, “Angels in America”), de Niro, once (“Ronin”)… and that’s about it. Seymour Hoffman,as Art Howe in Moneyball. You can only truly believe a performance if you’ve never laid eyes on the actor before.

But of course that’s why they’re hired. To be that same person. And William H. Macy is the worst.

annie
      February 26, 2014, 4:10 pm

i liked him in harvey milk, and jeff spicoli in fast times at ridgemont high is classic.

Daniel Rich
        February 26, 2014, 6:40 pm

@ Annie Robbins [and others],

The only believable movie scene I’ve ever scene seen, is the one where Chris & Rob were at their respective [performance] heights Russian Roulette – Nam style.

And, of course, Jack. May your memory be restored soon…

Taxi
      February 26, 2014, 9:00 pm

He does love to cry in close-ups, doesn’t he?

I think his lawyers insert a clause like this in all his contracts: Our aforementioned client must have a minimum of four weeping scenes in close-up, totaling a minimum of seven minutes of film time. Failure to accommodate this in the final cut will render this contract null and void.

dbroncos
      February 26, 2014, 9:21 pm

@Pamela Olson
      Agreed. Penn makes Keanu Reeves look Oscar worthy. Woah

lobewyper
      February 26, 2014, 10:11 pm

Pam,

With great respect for you and your many contributions, I thought Penn was fantastic as the crooked lawyer in Carlito’s Way. I disagree with you about his general skills as an actor, and because of that, I’m going to keep watching his movies. (I doubt that there is any correlation between Penn’s acting abilities and his political beliefs.)

6. radii
    radii
    February 26, 2014, 2:21 pm

Penn has been a calculated contrarian for decades now and relishes the role of asshole, so his alliance with the must thuggish zionists should really be no surprise … and with a titanic ego like his and the hero complex he clearly has no doubt he’ll use the controversy to make more deeply profound policy statements

7. ThorsteinVeblen2012
    ThorsteinVeblen2012
    February 26, 2014, 2:48 pm

You pick your battles. Penn is not endorsing the occupation or Netanyahu (at least the article doesn’t make that clear. I am not aware of him taking a stand either pro Israel or against Palestinians. He is being honored for working to release a single individual.

Sean Penn still has my respect for what he has done in Haiti. Not a short PR trip like Israel did sending doctors to get photographed and then sent home. He has been there selflessly trying to help a desperate and oppressed people.

Now should Gilbert Bigio the Haitian billionaire show up to sing his praises all bets are off.

The JillyBeans
      February 26, 2014, 4:42 pm

But there’s an old adage, you are the company you keep. After all Penn was demonized as a lefty commie, etc. for hanging out with the Venezualan president Chavez.

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Look what hanging out with Adelson and Netanyahu did for Romney! Penn should bear that as a caution on it’s own. The only career he and Scarlett will have left is doing off-off-off Broadway in the settlements.

ThorsteinVeblen2012
        February 26, 2014, 7:35 pm

I’ve worked with people I had little respect for out of necessity.

I respect what Sean Penn has done for the Haitian people. I respect that he went to Iraq to try to avoid the war.

I would prefer that he also show the same commitment to the Palestinians.

If he doesn’t and does not speak against them he will still have my respect.

If he brings his focus and commitment to their suffering as he has to Haiti, Sheldon Adelson will rue the day he meets him.

8. Kathleen
    Kathleen
    February 26, 2014, 3:24 pm

I don’t follow the movie star world much. Does Sean support the apartheid government of Israel directly? Do folks think he will show up and accept this award from those who fully support the apartheid government of Israel?

Justpassingby
      February 26, 2014, 4:29 pm

I dont know, google.
      However he has speaken out against Bush’s war on Iraq, and the warmongering against Iran, he have met and ‘defended’ Chavez in Venezuela.
      Theres some clip on youtube.

On I-P conflict I dont know if he have a standpoint.

9. Brown-Eyed Girl
    Brown-Eyed Girl
    February 26, 2014, 3:47 pm

Does anyone else see the irony in This World –an organization I had never heard of, honoring Penn for helping gain the release of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew when Israel has god-knows how many Palestinian men, women, and boys languishing unjustly in its prisons? Not to mention that the whole of the Gaza Strip has become one big prison.

This gets funnier and funnier doesn’t it.

Kathleen
      February 26, 2014, 4:22 pm

Good points. And very very sad. Wondering when Sean will attempt to help all of those Palestinian kids that Israel has in prison. Hello Sean or are you a racist too? Sure does look like that is the case

10. Justpassingby
    Justpassingby
    February 26, 2014, 4:00 pm

I dont know what to make of it.
    However who called Penn to travel to Bolivia in the first place to do this? These pro-israel groups?

• February 26, 2014, 6:51 pm

That’s the question I had when this made news. I know they handed Bill Richardson that guy in Cuba to free if he ever wanted to see his name bandied about as a possible vp … but Penn?

11. goldmarx
    goldmarx
    February 26, 2014, 4:04 pm

Sean Penn is usually reviled on Fox News as an apologist for Hugo Chavez. Doesn’t a right-wing billionaire like Adelson watch Fox News?

Justpassingby
      February 26, 2014, 4:30 pm

This is pretty funny.

ThorsteinVeblen2012
        February 27, 2014, 12:28 pm

If you recall they tried to paint Hugo Chavez as an antiSemite linking him with an attack on Hebraica Jewish compound and harassment of the Jewish community.

Chavez was openly critical of Israel.

It was never mentioned that the chief rabbi of Ashkenazi community, Pynchas Brener was in the Presidential Palace in support of the 2002 coup. Brener kept his job and retired to Miami in 2011.

Penn’s support of Chavez while half of the Venezuelan Jewish community left for Miami would say little of Penn’s embrace of Zionism or even his attenuated Jewish roots.

The JillyBeans
      February 26, 2014, 4:44 pm

Fox News is about making money, not actually doing anything for a cause. There is not one person at Fox who doesn’t have ancillary money making schemes outside their desk jobs. Everyone is a branded personality, who feeds into a niche market of the nutwingers.

Adelson is intelligent, he wouldn’t be stupid enough to believe Fox News is a real player in right wing policy-making.

Daniel Rich
        February 26, 2014, 6:47 pm

@ The JillyBeans,

Q: Fox News is about making money…

R: All stations are. Fox is no exception.

When sponsors dictate what’s good for you, where will you turn to? Will you tune in or will you tune out?

Also, did you check who owns the major stations, studios and news papers?

The JillyBeans
        February 27, 2014, 3:37 pm

I guess I should clarify, I meant Fox News is about making money off the “true believers” with attention grabbing (often inaccurate parsed content) the branded talking heads put out daily. Murdoch found a niche in American society that didn’t have a media outlet servicing their viewpoint and he’s making a mint out of them now as the primary source of a specific world view. It “reports” a lot of innuendo, but no real news story breaks.

My best analogy of Fox News, it’s basically as authentic as WWE Wrestlemania.

12. hophmi
    hophmi
    February 26, 2014, 4:35 pm

Sean Penn is being honored for “for his work in saving the life of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew who was unjustly accused and rotting in a Bolivian jail for three years.”

That’s “for his work in saving the life of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew who was unjustly accused and rotting in a Bolivian jail for three years.”

Once again, he’s being honored “for his work in saving the life of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew who was unjustly accused and rotting in a Bolivian jail for three years.”

In case you did not get the memo, Penn is being honored “for his work in saving the life of Jacob Ostreicher, a Hassidic Jew who was unjustly accused and rotting in a Bolivian jail for three years.

Apparently, the only reason you’re upset is that some of the people doing the honoring are themselves Jewish, since the event has nothing to do with Sean Penn’s political position on Israel. So, is it BDS policy now to boycott Jewish communal events regardless of whether they’re about Israel or not?

Daniel Rich
      February 26, 2014, 6:49 pm

@ hopmi,

Q: So, is it BDS policy now to boycott Jewish communal events regardless of whether they’re about Israel or not?

R: All intelligent people agree upon that being the proper ‘Palestinian Treatment,’ no?

kalithea
      February 26, 2014, 11:03 pm

We all understand why he is being honored but you predictably have very little understanding of integrity. There is sad irony and staggering hypocrisy in accepting this “honor” from individuals supporting Israel, an expanding illegal occupation and Apartheid operation that arrests people and children in the middle of the night, throws them in prison, denies them human rights, shoots first; asks questions later and basically treats Palestinians and Palestinian children like animals. But you just don’t care! So it mystifies me: why are you here anyway?

“Apparently, the only reason you’re upset is that some of the people doing the honoring are themselves Jewish…”

OY that’s why! You’re here to try and lay this one on! Let me spell it out for you: IT’S THAT THEIR HANDS ARE NOT CLEAN: They deny the existance of the Palestinians, deny the Nakba, and deny that an egregious injustice is taking place against Palestinians. Get it? How can he accept an award from individuals who help further so much injustice?

He should decline the invitation by stating: Sorry, but unlike you, I don’t discriminate when it comes to who deserves to be freed from injustice.

chris o
      February 27, 2014, 12:23 am

Thank you for the comment, except the final sentence, which seems like a non-sequitir. There is all this bile towards Penn, gossip, film criticism. It’s like, where am I? A Politico or Yahoo message board?

Sean Penn is being honored for saving a Jew languishing in prison but since a real jerk is doing the honoring, let’s just equate Sean Penn with Sheldon Adelson (and also get in some real gratuitous personal swipes while we’re at it).

13. bilal a
    bilal a
    February 26, 2014, 5:35 pm

The Ukrainian Nakba is coming home to roost, but this should help bring in more settlers:

Come home, Ukrainian Jews

kalithea
      February 26, 2014, 11:15 pm

Yes, we’ll find a place in East Jerusalem for you by throwing a Palestinian family out of their home or we’ll build you one on Palestinian land in the West Bank. So leave Ukraine all you Ukrainian Jewish citizens so we can steal more land from poor Palestinians because Ukrainian Jewish citizens have many more rights in Israel even while they’re still in Ukraine than Palestinians have born for generations in Palestine. Ahhh, the Zionist dream. Nice. And still the world turns a blind eye.

14. February 26, 2014, 6:05 pm

All that anyone here has said about Ostreicher so far is that he’s a Hasid. There’s just a little more to it than that I think.
    He’s accused of money-laundering by the Bolivian gov’t.
    Either he’s innocent of that, or any other serious criminality in Bolivia, and therefore Penn’s the more or less hero of the movie, or he’s not innocent and therefore there’s some serious criminality involved.
    Also serious criminals. How serious?
    And what does that say about Penn?
    Either he’s complicit or he’s coerced.
    It would be healthy to get some info and discussion on that (setting aside B-EG’s Haitian comment), instead of complacent anti-Zionist snark about Penn’s theatricalal career and the disconnect betw. perception of his Chavista affinity and this solo-Entebbe run of his .
    Adelson’s a capo di capo, or if you like, a kapo der kapos.
    The power at his disposal is a lot more potent than the simple matter of deciding who the President of the US is going to be. Or running gambling concessions in Vegas Macau and elsewhere.
    He is not a cartoon.

annie
      February 26, 2014, 6:50 pm

i have no idea if ostreicher is guilty or not therefore i cannot judge penn’s action. yesterday a haredi man (Eliyahu Weinstein – former rabbinical student) was sentenced to over 20 years in prison after an fbi investigation busted him for some ponzi scheme that netted him a few hundred million dollars. had that been a bolivian court we’d all be giving awards to the guy who got him out of jail, but since it was the fbi we believe it. so what’s to say?

Daniel Rich
        February 26, 2014, 6:55 pm

@ Annie Robbins,

Your comment reminds me of Drugs made at kosher meat plant.

piotr
        February 27, 2014, 3:01 am

Without reading the link, it is possible that meth was the only kosher product at that plant.

piotr
        February 27, 2014, 8:57 am

About the plant: “According to the application [for the search warrant …] some 80 percent of the workforce was illegal [including] rabbis [from Canada] responsible for kosher supervision …”

• February 26, 2014, 9:59 pm

Befuddled now. Not sure what you’re saying there.
        Count me out of that “we” on the awards thing.
        Are you suggesting Bolivian justice is less honorable and fair than FBI-enabled US justice? That’s a mighty low bar there. They must be doing the limbo just to get into the courtroom.
        I don’t know anything about Bolivia first hand, but then I don’t know anything about the Middle East first hand either. Yet I find opinions coming from some place deeper than knee-jerk reflex, on both places and events there.
        Trusting the witnesses. The ones I can anyway.
        Jamie Dimon lost 26 billion dollars as CEO and was forced to mount a p.r. campaign to enhance his image, poor thing. But that doesn’t say anything about Ostreicher, except they seem to share an inherited “Get Out Of Jail Free Card”.
        Is Penn going around the world rescuing accused may-or-may-not-be-innocents now? No?
        Then what is it?
        Trying to fit this into the Scarlet Soda mold doesn’t seem very…incisive?
        Congress is bought. Where’d the money come from? Not Israel.
        I get that the focus has to be Zionist/anti-Zionist, here.
        But in the larger just as real world there’s connections running through all kinds of counter-intuitive things.
        Including Ukraine and Venezuela.
        And quite likely Bolivia. Not to mention Argentina and…sigh.

piotr
        February 27, 2014, 9:07 am

Clearly, the standards to obtain the reprieve from prison in the form of house arrests are lax in Bolivia, and so is the supervision under the house arrest. Sean Penn recommended such a reprieve for a person sentenced in a criminal case, and that person fled the country, which also seems to be rather simple in Bolivia.

It seems to me that Penn should apologize to Bolivian authorities rather then accepting awards for his part in the affair.

Full disclosure: the winter is rather harsh this year where I live, and the Bolivian cap (hat?) from alpaca wool I got last summer is really working great. You can bike in 0 F in that cap (add some hoods).

LeaNder
        February 27, 2014, 9:55 am

piotr, we had close to no winter over here this year. Hardly even heating is necessary. But I am with you alpaca wool is the best if it gets cold. Not only for caps. Love it too.

LeaNder
        February 27, 2014, 9:43 am

Are you suggesting Bolivian justice is less honorable and fair

I actually read her completely differently.

Strictly I am with you, judging from Wikipedia it looks like a strange story. On the other hand the Swiss angle of the tale surely somewhat suggests a possible drug money laundering context to me, I have to admit. Seems to hapen occasionally that people are stopped from investigating in this context in Switzerland. ….

No updates in this context or the counternarrative since December 2013’s story or Penn’s (?) rescue story.

LeaNder
        February 27, 2014, 10:00 am

If you look at it statistically Switzerland experience a steep rise–+40%–of money laundering cases in 2012, according to this Swiss article (in German)

Daniel Rich
      February 26, 2014, 6:51 pm

@ unverified__725leal5,

‘Wolves of Wall Street’ ‘Badgers of Bolivia’ – the sequel.

lysias
      February 26, 2014, 7:11 pm

Capo dei capi that should be, or capo di tutti capi.

15. Talkback
    Talkback
    February 26, 2014, 6:43 pm

Adelson has denied the existence of Palestinians, calling them South Syrians.

Damn, I always knew that Israel is in fact occupied South Syria. Thank you Adelson.

puppies
      February 27, 2014, 2:00 am

@Talkback – He’s absolutely right. In classical geography, Syria has three parts: Syria coele, or hollow, Lebanon and Palestine. Now, Adelson may of course be inspired by something else than scholarship.

Talkback
        February 27, 2014, 9:07 am

I know about this history. We have to assume that Sheldon thinks that Israel is a Junta occupying South Syria.

puppies
        February 28, 2014, 9:27 am

You’re right, that’s the kind of brain these people usually have.

16. just
    just
    February 26, 2014, 7:04 pm

Penn was absolutely brilliant in “Milk”……….. He did great work in Haiti…..

I wish he would give Adelson and Boteach and Birthright the finger……It doesn’t fit his “humanitarian pedigree” at all. It will do him no earthly good to rub elbows with these miscreants.

(Booker and Dermer ??? I would vomit my Cipriani supper.)

17. crypticvalentin
    crypticvalentin
    February 26, 2014, 8:29 pm

Cory Booker is the Sammy Davis Jr to the Zionist rat (AI) pac..

18. RoHa
    RoHa
    February 26, 2014, 10:00 pm

This Sean Penn person is some sort of film actor, then?

19. Taxi
    Taxi
    February 27, 2014, 12:15 am

I think the idea for this so-called award is to remind the world that jews are still victims that need rescuing. Adelson can get mileage out of a movie star rescuing a hapless jew.

20. Kathleen
    Kathleen
    February 27, 2014, 12:23 am

Aipac threatening to sue Code Pink

AIPAC Threatens to Sue CODEPINK Over Controversial Video Clip

WASHINGTON – February 26 – On February 25th, an AIPAC member called a CODEPINK staffer threatening legal action in response to a controversial video clip that he alleges was made by the peace group CODEPINK. The video is a satirical version of an AIPAC policy conference promotional video.

seafoid
      February 27, 2014, 12:31 am

“AIPAC Threatens to Sue CODEPINK Over Controversial Video Clip”

The Wizard of Oz has contacted Shurat HaDin

Walid
      February 27, 2014, 1:57 am

The clip:

21. Nevada Ned
    Nevada Ned
    February 27, 2014, 2:36 am

I am surprised that Sean Penn is being honored by Sheldon Adelson.

Back in 2002, Penn and longtime peace activist Norman Solomon went to Iraq, trying to show that war was avoidable. (It was avoidable, but Bush wanted a war). This trip was no way to boost Penn’s career, because it went far beyond the typical Hollywood liberalism.

22. kalithea
    kalithea
    March 1, 2014, 6:36 pm

Sean Penn Global Champion of Jewish “Values”

What Jewish values?

Oh, the “values” that are keeping Palestinians locked away indefinitely in an Apartheid prison! Who’s gonna free them? Certainly not the Global Champion of Jewish “values”.