A chilling video has been published by Palestinian activists on Youtube showing Palestinians being shot while protesting near Ramallah. The video includes the voices of Hebrew speakers, purportedly an Israeli sniper and his commanding officer, where the officer is heard praising, encouraging, and congratulating the sniper.
Benjamin Netanyahu has angered one president after another, Frontline showed in a documentary Netanyahu at War last week. But there are never any consequences.
In the first such step by a major church group, the $20-billion Pension and Health Benefits Fund of the United Methodist Church has declared the five largest Israeli banks off limits for investment and has divested from the two that it held in its portfolios.
A first-hand report from Gaza refutes Netanyahu’s dishonest talking point; Hamas is not ISIS, but in fact its bitter enemy.
The Palestine Information Center (PIC), an independent Palestinian news website and network had their Facebook page temporarily suspended for publishing a 2009 cartoon by Brazilian political cartoonist Carlos Latuff.
A rarely told story of the 1948 war that founded Israel concerns Nazareth’s survival. It is the only Palestinian city in what is today Israel that was not ethnically cleansed during the year-long fighting. Nazareth was not only an anomaly; it was a mistake. The reason for Nazareth’s survival are the actions of one individual. Ben Dunkelman, a Canadian Jew who was the commander of the Israeli army’s Seventh Armoured Brigade, disobeyed orders to expel Nazareth’s residents. Dunkelman’s role has been largely obscured in the historical record – and for good reason. Israel would prefer that observers make an unjustified assumption: that “Christian” Nazareth survived, unlike other Palestinian cities, because its leaders were less militant or because they preferred to surrender. Dunkelman’s story proves that was not the case.
Palestinian activists are gathering in front of checkpoint 56 at the entrance to Shuhada Street in Hebron to stage a sit-in protest. The protest will be ongoing, continuing 24 hours a day. Youth Against Settlements member Issa Amro says: “The families are protesting because they want to live in peace and equality without checkpoints, closures, restrictions, and attacks by settlers and the military. We refuse to be registered as numbers and have our human rights violated just because we are Palestinian.”
In a West Bank village under siege that has just buried four young men killed by Israeli soldiers, an American reporter glimpses the depth of Palestinian resistance
A group of UK activists decided there needed to be an alternative to Birthright, a trip for people sick of Zionism’s stranglehold on Jewish culture. So last year they took a bunch of amazing people to Spain to learn about Jewish culture outside of Israel. They called it Birthwrong and it was pretty great. Watch a video about the trip.
On Thursday January 8, a group of 40 retired Brazilian diplomats signed a statement against Israel’s appointment of Mr. Dani Dayan for the Israeli Embassy in Brazil. The statement criticizes the way Dayan was announced and his role in the settlement movement, which the diplomats view as an affront to Brazil’s positions against the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories.