Israeli diplomat calls on American students ‘to restore the honor’ of vilified word– Zionism

US Politics

Israel has a “better” democracy than the American one, Israeli consul general Dani Dayan told an Israel advocacy group at Columbia University this week, and both countries commit “injustices.” The diplomat then reeled off four American examples.

We [Israel] made our share of injustices. We still do. In a 100-year conflict, there is no country that does not make injustices– Guantanamo, drones that kill in Afghanistan– participants in a wedding or in a funeral, Abu Ghraib in Iraq, the incarceration of Japanese Americans during World War 2. We do our share of injustices unfortunately, and you know what, we do our share of stupidities. But in the big picture we have by far, the upper moral hand, deserving again to be the banner of the progressive movement in this country.

I emailed Dayan to ask him if he could specify Israeli injustices as he had American ones. “I’d rather not,” he wrote back.

The thrust of Dayan’s remarks to the young Israel advocates was that “we have a duty to restore the honor” of a word that has been “vilified and distorted” — “the Zed word” — Zionism. Dayan set out to clear Zionism’s name by several arguments: there is no more progressive cause than Zionism because it rescues threatened Jews; Zionists are similar to the Algerian revolutionaries in that they prevailed over colonial “oppressors”; and Zionism is needed because the Charlottesville white supremacist rally tells us it can happen to Jews again.

Here are several excerpts of Dayan’s remarks, made February 5 to to Students Supporting Israel at Columbia.

Dayan said he had met with New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Mayor de Blasio told me, “You know, my staunch support for Israel and my staunch opposition to boycotting Israel stems from my progressive values. I am pro Israel not in spite of the fact that I am progressive, but because I am progressive.”

Dayan then asked: “Why contrary to all that is being said in the media and on campus, why is there no cause that merits more to be the flag for the progressive movement in this country than Zionism and the state of Israel?”

The answer, he said, is that Israel was established during an era in which a number of “national liberation movements across the world, in the Middle East, in Africa, in Asia, prevailed over their oppressors.” He said, “Israel was liberated from the British rule,” just as India and Pakistan were liberated from the British. And just as Algeria and Singapore were liberated a decade and more later “from other oppressors.”

Today the intellectual fashion is to see Israel as “reactionary,” ethnocentric country, Dayan continued. “So why Israel is a Jewish state. Why do you need a Jewish state? Why are you so adamant that Israel should be a Jewish state?”

The reason a Jewish state is needed is because of the Holocaust and sequels of anti-Jewish persecution, he said. As an example, in 1991, the Jewish community of Ethiopia was in danger, and the Israeli government airlifted 15,000 Ethiopians out of Africa over three days. Only Israel would save them.

Would any other country have participated in the rescue of Ethiopian Jewry? We know the answer: No. How come we know the answer. Because we were there. We were there in the 40’s when the Jewish population of Europe was decimated, and no country– no country whatsoever except the Dominican Republic that showed good intentions but couldn’t deliver– no country came to our rescue. That’s the reason we need a Jewish state.

The antisemitic marchers in Charlottesville last summer show that it can happen again.

Can we be sure that it won’t happen again. Look at Charlottesville. How can we be sure after Charlottesville. Look at Teheran, how can be sure when we listen to the words coming from Teheran? That’s the reason we need a Jewish state, we will never give up the idea of a Jewish state.

Dayan said Israel’s founding was the triumph of national liberation over British colonialism. And superior to other liberation struggles. And yet today Zionism is vilified:

During the second half of the 20th century there have been a number of successful national liberation movements. I dare to say, all of them were justified. The fight against colonialism is always justified. But none of them was as extraordinary and as just as the national liberation movement of the Jewish people that brought about the creation of the state of Israel, and that national liberation movement has a name: The zed word, Zionism, one of the words today that are most vilified, are most distorted. and I believe we have a duty to restore the honor of that word.

When people speak of Israeli apartheid, Dayan said, remind them of the African rescue of 1991.

If the salvation of human beings is not a progressive cause, I don’t know what a progressive cause is….

Israel was the first until now the only country in history… that sent a fleet to Africa to liberate black Africans rather than to enslave them….all other countries that we know in history sent huge fleets to Africa to enslave Africans.

And Israeli democracy is superior to American democracy.

They say look, but your democracy sucks. Well, that’s right, our democracy sucks. Democracy is a messy form of government…. I have to be careful. I don’t want to be expelled from this country. I am a foreign diplomat, my visa depends on the State Department. But really I think our democracy is better than American.

Dayan, who lives in an illegal Israeli settlement, continued with his standard argument, the reason there is not peace is that the Palestinians have rejected the Jewish national liberation movement for nearly a century, and every time the Palestinians were offered a state they turned it down, going back to 1936.

Instead of a state they decided to found a terrorist organization to fight Israel. That’s the only reason a Palestinian state was not established.

The peace process will begin when Palestinians accept the Jewish right to the land of Israel as an indigenous people, not colonizers.

When Palestinians come to terms with the fact that we are not the French in Algeria, we are indigenous to Eretz Yisrael [the land of Israel] exactly like they are indigenous to Palestine, that day the peace process will begin. Until then… the peace process is a farce.

Dayan took a risky path when he lauded Israeli wealth. “Israel is a wealthy country.” GDP per capita “skyrocketed in the last 2 decades.” It is now above Italy, and “maybe as we are speaking we have already surpassed the GDP of Japan.”

That wealth raises the question of why the U.S. gives Israel so much aid, close to $3.8 billion a year, putting Israel near the top of American beneficiaries.

In other riffs, Dayan smeared Linda Sarsour as an anti-Semite and said that the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign (BDS) was failing to hurt Israel. “Every single performer that you want to hear in Tel Aviv, will come…. There is one nudnik named Roger Waters.” Waters, Dayan said, had convinced “a 19 year old from New Zealand” not to play Israel, a reference to Lorde, who is 21. The consul general channeled Henny Youngman:

Sometimes I wish BDS to be more successful. We already suffered three times Justin Bieber. Justin– it was a joke, you are welcome.

Reflecting on Trump’s decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, Dayan said he had long pooh-poohed concerns about such a move.

My response was always simply, the embassy will be in Jerusalem. That’s the only thing that will happen. All the alarmist scenarios as in many cases were nonsense. We had a few weeks, a few days of rage.

As for the Palestinian response, yes they declared days of rage, but again Dayan dismissed the issue.

Someone said when the Palestinians declare a day of rage, you would believe that the other days are days of yoga. Every day they have an excuse to declare it a day of rage, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about that.

philweiss

1. Citizen
    Citizen
    February 8, 2018, 6:42 pm

More whataboutism; he totally ignores the ex post facto laws laid down at Nuremberg, Tokyo Tials, Geneva IV, etc. Like Bill Maher, he thinks the spoils of war doctrine is still viable. He can list USA historical failures in democracy, but he won’t list Israel’s comparable failures, past or present. What a guy!

2. gamal
    gamal
    February 8, 2018, 6:42 pm

“Every day they have an excuse to declare it a day of rage”

But to be fair as you and the paragon Donald Johnson have declared Palestinian rage is “disgusting” as White and Jewish people are never collateral, even in the midst of their crimes, but then you a modern man Weiss you have no honour. There are no “progressive” superior people easy enough as we are to look down upon.

Donald
      February 8, 2018, 8:32 pm

We wrote that suicide bombing was disgusting, not Palestinian days of rage. And you know it.

MHughes976
        February 9, 2018, 7:51 am

It is clear that you despise Dayan’s sneering reaction to the days of rage. He isn’t quite as insouciant as he pretends to be, no oppressor is. His remarks and their like indicate at least nagging awareness that a morally valid case is made against them and that the audience for this case in the West is no longer negligible, though I would have to admit that it is still near negligible in the political class. He can still expect to get away with the ‘indigeneity’ argument, a matter that even on Mondoweiss is repeatedly debated rather than treated as not worth mentioning! If I were a Palestinian I would be aware of rage every day, even if I also practised yoga.

Eva Smagacz
        February 9, 2018, 5:11 pm

I have real problem whenether suicide bombings are described as “disgusting”.

For me, it is one of the most successful hasbara memes, and I bristle at the ongoing attempt at brain-washing.
        93/104

eljay
        February 9, 2018, 6:17 pm

|| Eva Smagacz: I have real problem whenether suicide bombings are described as “disgusting”.

Cannot see for the life of me why they are considered somehow more morally abhorrent than say drone attacks or targeted assassinations. … ||

I would say that suicide bombings of civilians are just as abhorrent as drone attacks and targeted assassinations involving civilians.

I also think it’s incredibly hypocritical of any government / politician / human being to selectively support extra-judicial murder.

oldgeezer
        February 9, 2018, 7:55 pm

@eljay

Exactly. Extra-judicial executions are just a way of putting lipstick on a pig for pure murder. And there has certainly been more than once that Israel has murdered the wrong person in the process let alone innocent bystanders.

There is nothing disgusting about suicide bombs that is not equally disgusting about dropping 1 tonne bombs into civilian neighbourhoods and other acts both less and more severe. For states to pretend that they don’t target civilians completely overlooks the facts that they don’t give a moments hesitation to murdering those civilians. Same difference. States hate suicide bombs as they’re hard to stop and not due to the damage they may or may not do.

By the same token any aerial attack on a place like the west bank or Gaza is equally reprehensible to said suicide bombs as there is no possibility for defense.

It’s all just a public relations game. There are other states as vile as Israel. Many more not. But regardless Israel is a vile murderous state.

Donald
        February 10, 2018, 1:25 am

“Cannot see for the life of me why they are considered somehow more morally abhorrent than say drone attacks or targeted assassinations.”

The comment came up in passing when we were writing a piece about the fact that Israel murders civilians while the “ liberal” press pretends otherwise. You would have to take it up with apologists for Israeli or American military actions. In other words, the people we were criticizing.

I guess I have a problem when anyone on any side has trouble using the word “ disgusting” about, say, the killing of children. It shouldn’t matter who is doing it or what cause they claim they are defending. I frankly doubt that any planner of attacks on children whether conducted by plane or by suicide bomber actually had good intentions when they plan such things. People are full of crap and can justify any obscenity.

This is, btw, the fundamental reason why one should oppose Zionism. It starts out with good intentions— providing Jews with a refuge— but once it became a program for conquering Palestine then it meant, among other things, terrorist attacks on Palestinian civilians. Whatever good intentions might have been present become irrelevant.

echinococcus
        February 10, 2018, 9:58 am

We wrote that suicide bombing was disgusting

Yeah, looks like you continue to write without thinking enough.
        You don’t disgust much with Nazi occupation that drives young people to such despair as to kill themselves knowingly. Or with people who write “disgusting” about fighting occupiers and invaders, do you?

Eva Smagacz
        February 10, 2018, 5:20 pm

I should have expressed myself more precisely:
        When I wrote:
        “I have real problem whenether suicide bombings are described as “disgusting”.”
        I should have written:
        “I have real problem whenether all suicide bombings are described as “disgusting”.

To clarify:
        Suicide bombings should not be judged more harshly than any other type of bombing. And yet it is. We let hasbara to take over our critical faculties on the subject95/106

gamal
        February 10, 2018, 6:14 pm

“And you know it”

what honour would dictate:

“while i realize that a people driven from their homes, massacred, abused, locked behind crushes you wouldn’t send cattle into, a people fighting only in defense of themselves and their homes unlike the wholesale murder we, Americans have unleashed, but none the less i can’t help but feel that the tactic of retaliatory bombing, of treating us as brutally as we treat them is misguided, even though these bombers give their own lives in return, i can’t help but feel it is counterproductive…..or something, “you know….it”

no-body can come to me, nor man nor women, and say that I wronged them or took from them because i wouldn’t exchange one beat of my pure heart for any shit the world has, i already gave away more than i have, fuck this world and its shiny things,

you know Donald you almost too stupid to address, what the fuck are you talking about? and this is your western brother asking, we didn’t engage the Arab yet.

i forgive anything but, women I don’t know they hypnotise me I can’t judge, but Donald as a man I loath a coward, you are coward ain’t nothing lower.

Keith
        February 11, 2018, 12:26 am

GAMAL- “…but Donald as a man I loath a coward, you are coward ain’t nothing lower.”

Really? Rapist and murders are bad, but not as bad as Donald? Get a grip.

MHughes976
        February 11, 2018, 10:17 pm

If Donald works in the United States I think he shows some courage in standing up for Palestinian rights. We have rules against personal attacks and against advocacy of violence and these should be observed. It’s important.

echinococcus
        February 12, 2018, 2:04 pm

Hughes,

Here is a personal attack without knowing who that person is: if there is such a rule against advocacy of violence, **unqualified if against the invaded or the invader, the genocidee or the genocidaire**, well then that person can shove that rule where you well know. Peace.

MHughes976
        February 13, 2018, 12:54 pm

I’m sorry you think that, echino. I’ve always valued your opinions. The actual rule of this site is no advocacy or celebration of violence ‘against anyone. Ever.’ There’s also a rule against profanity, said to drive people away from the site. Phil and Adam can change the rules of they so wish.
        I think that our purpose should be to acquaint people in the Western world with the cruelty and morally preposterous theories of Zionism and so to win more of them away from the massive consensus in favour of Israel that exists. I think that’s a possible achievement, not needing ‘celebration of violence’, and we don’t want to ‘drive people away’ by violent ideas or language, which will only facilitate our enemies’ claims that we’re a hate site.

echinococcus
        February 14, 2018, 3:53 pm

Hughes,

Your thoughts are always welcome.
        If Weiss’ rule is as you say, though, it is idiotic and dictated by the enemy –the one who reigns by violence and murder. Besides, it is downright ludicrous in its garish Dadaist absurdity about “celebration”, but passim.
        Ignoring the elephant in this tiny room, i.e. that a war has been going on nonstop for 70 years, not counting all accessory wars, and that the enemy has a monopoly on all violence, is not likely to switch people to this or that side.

gamal
        February 14, 2018, 5:28 pm

“The actual rule of this site is no advocacy or celebration of violence ‘against anyone”

well that is a scurrilous accusation, thank fuck I am a scurrilous man

follow me up to carlow, if you dare, ” from tassagarht to clonmore there flows a stream of Saxon gore”

if you don’t like violence don’t attack us

(i never condemn Irish people, they are many I am one, they are young and strong I am old and frail, also I couldn’t agree with them more, “well send it over dripping red to queen liza and her ladies”)
        yes Hughes when the victim defends itself we celebrate, great is Rory Oghamore,

3. Dan From Away
    Dan From Away
    February 8, 2018, 10:13 pm

According to Dayan’s tortured narrative, Zionism deserves to be considered a progressive, revolutionary, anti-colonial movement because “Israel was liberated from the British rule” as was India and Algeria from the French.

Israel did not even exist as a geopolitical reality until the British pulled out in May 1948. It was called Palestine up till then. Pre-state Zionist militias and underground cells fought a brief, ugly and bloody reprisal campaign against soft British targets in Mandate Palestine causing the British to cut their losses and withdraw. This Zionist “revolution” lasted perhaps three years (1945-1948) involved few Zionist casualties and involved mostly acts of terror.

For comparisons sake India endured 200 years of intensely invasive British dominance. Algeria endured 130 years of Frence colonization which included a rabid French intention to seize land and settle French citizens there permanently and even annexing Algeria (1848) as a French province. Over a million Algerians died in the effort to expel the French.

Has the ambassador never heard of the Balfour Declaration? Zionism did not “liberate” Palestine from the “British colonialism”: through Zionist terrorism they drove Britain to terminate its role as the Mandatory power in Palestine. Up till then Zionism had been actively aided and abetted by their “colonial oppressors” for decades and without that aid Zionists could never have seized historic Palestine.

There are so many things wrong with Dayan’s selective, erratic and self-serving narrative. I will address some of them in subsequent posts.

I hope someone will pick up on the claim that Zionists, many of whom hail from the Bronx, Ontario, Minsk and Buenos Aires can be “indigenous” to Palestine.

View 33 Palestine posters related to the Balfour Declaration and related documents:

View 289 Palestine posters related to Aliya/Colonization:

Talkback
      February 9, 2018, 3:32 am

That the settler colonial state wants to present itself as the result of an anti colonial struggle is probably its biggest chutzpah.

Misterioso
      February 9, 2018, 2:47 pm

Dayan: “Zionists are similar to the Algerian revolutionaries in that they prevailed over colonial ‘oppressors.’” “’Israel was liberated from the British rule,’ just as India and Pakistan were liberated from the British.”

Utter nonsense!!!

Palestine was not a British colony. From 1922 to 1948, Palestine was administered by Britain in accordance with the terms of a League of Nations Class A Mandate, which while allowing Jewish immigration, prohibited the creation of a Jewish state or any form of partition. This fundamental fact was reiterated in the British 1939 MacDonald White Paper, which declared that “[Great Britain] could not have intended Palestine should be converted into a Jewish state against the will of the Arab population of the country.”

However, from the get go, the Yishuv (the vast majority of foreign origin) and its leadership, e.g., Polish born David Ben-Gurion (nee David Gruen) were intent on creating a Jewish state in Palestine by expelling the native Arab inhabitants. According to Walter Eytan, then Director General of the Israeli Foreign Ministry, by late 1948, Jewish militia and the IDF had dispossessed and driven out about 800,000 Palestinians, (including 400,00 before 15 May, the effective date of the establishment of “Israel.”) This was accomplished by force of arms, several massacres, mass rape and intimidation. Well over 500 of their towns and villages were destroyed and Jewish forces seized 78% of historic Palestine. It was only the beginning.

It is also important to note that the Zionists were hatching a master plan to dispossess and expel the indigenous Palestinian Arabs as far back as the late 19th century – over 20 years before the beginning of the British Mandate.

In classic colonialist fashion, Theodor Herzl contended that his “Jewish state” would protect Europe and its superior culture from the uncivilized East. “We should there [in Palestine] form a portion of the rampart of Europe against Asia, an outpost of civilization as opposed to barbarism.” (Theodor Herzl, Judenstaat, The Jewish State, 1896, p. 26)

Herzl’s diaries not only confirm that his objective was the establishment of a “Jewish state” in Palestine, but that it would be an expansionist state. In the year of his death he described its borders as being “…in the north the mountains facing Cappadocia [Turkey], in the south, the Suez Canal [Egypt] in the east, the Euphrates [Iraq].” (Theodor Herzl, The Complete Diaries, 11 p. 711)

Even more revealing as to how Herzl intended to deal with the Palestinians is the “Charter for Zionist Colonization of Palestine and Syria” which he drafted sometime between the summer of 1901 and early 1902. Much to his disappointment, however, he was denied the opportunity to present it to the Ottoman Sultanate. Article Vl of the charter called for Istanbul to grant the Zionists, in the form of the Jewish-Ottoman Land Company (JOLC), “complete autonomy, guaranteed by the Ottoman Empire” while Article III gave them in effect, the right to deport the native population to other areas of the empire. Article 111 “[pertained] to the Palestinian and other Arab owners and inhabitants of the three categories of land to be purchased/owned by the JOLC – the large and small private landholdings, the Sultan’s state domain, and the land for which there is no title.”

Israel Zangwill, the influential Anglo-Jewish essayist and Zionist, first believed that the Palestinians would simply “fold their tents and slip away.” It was Zangwill who first voiced the lie that Palestine was a “land without a people, waiting for a people without a land.” (Zangwill, Israel, “The Return to Palestine,” New Liberal Review 11, Dec. 1901 p. 627, quoted by David Hirst, p. 19)

In 1905, Zangwill contradicted himself during a talk in Manchester when he observed that Palestine was “already twice as thickly populated as the United States…. [W]e must be prepared to either drive out by the sword the [Arab] tribes in possession as our forefathers did or to grapple with the problem of a large alien population….” (Zangwill, Speeches, p. 210, quoted by Nur Masalah , Expulsion of the Palestinians…., 1992, p. 10)

In 1918, Ben-Gurion described the future borders of the Jewish state as: “to the north, the Litani River; to the northeast, the Wadi’Owja, twenty miles south of Damascus; the southern border will be mobile and pushed into the Sinai at least up to Wadi al-`Arish; and to the east, the Syrian Desert, including the furthest edge of Transjordan.” (Teveth, Ben-Gurion and the Palestinian Arabs, pp. 34-34; cited by Masalah, Expulsion…, p. 87)

In 1920, Zangwill proposed in The Voice of Jerusalem, that there should be an “‘Arab exodus’…based on ‘race redistribution’ or a ‘trek like that of the Boers from Cape Colony,’ which he advocated as ‘literally the only way out of the difficulty of creating a Jewish State in Palestine.’” He continued: “We cannot allow the Arabs to block so valuable a piece of historic reconstruction….To fold their tents and silently steal away is their proverbial habit: let them exemplify it now.” (Zangwill, The Voice of Jerusalem, p. 103, quoted by Masalha, EOTP pp. 13-14)

4. Marnie
    Marnie
    February 9, 2018, 12:41 am

This is more ‘newspeak’ from an experts (zionists). Why a jewish state? The holocaust, of course. The holocaust is the required answer for any question about the jewish state and is meant to quell any criticism of the jewish state because, well now, have you no shame? The holocaust. Nuff said. Would TweedleDayan like care to elaborate on ‘israeli injustices’? TweedleDayan twirped ‘I’d rather not’.

To boast about bringing 15,000 Ethiopians to israel, as no one else would, is a joke. The israelis knew what was happening on the ground. The danger that beta israel was in. Why? False flag perhaps? Need more cannon fodder for sure and also to add to israel’s much desired permanent underclass and specifically that group be a melanin-rich.

Jacques Faitlovitch – Wikipedia

Interesting story about Faitlovitch. He had a building in Tel Aviv that was specifically for the use of ethiopian immigrants. When Faitlovitch died, so did the use of the structure for ethiopian immigrants. Black Jews, Jews, and Other Heroes: How Grassroots Activism Led to …

5. Ossinev
    Ossinev
    February 9, 2018, 7:45 am

This disgusting loathsome illegal settler is a shining example of the parallel universe inhabited by Zionists.
    “Israel was the first until now the only country in history… that sent a fleet to Africa to liberate black Africans rather than to enslave them….all other countries that we know in history sent huge fleets to Africa to enslave Africans”.
    This latter statement which in a typical matter of fact way conveniently ignores the role of the British in combating the African slave trade is typical of this seriously creepy man. I say creepy because when you look at him and listen to him without digesting and analysing the nonsense which he spouts he can come across as an urbane and tolerant Argentinian who just coincidentally practices the cult of Judaism and who just coincidentally returned by ancient right to his hysterical homeland and has his home in an illegal settlement. Underneath it all he is no more nor less than softly spoken Nazi.

6. Ismail
    Ismail
    February 9, 2018, 10:02 am

Thanks Dan for this concise and definitive evisceration of Dayan’s lesson in fake history. I look forward to your further exposing of this phony’s lies.

7. biggerjake
    biggerjake
    February 9, 2018, 10:23 am

And what is the plight of these rescued Ethiopians now in Israel?

Hardly something to be proud of…

8. Citizen
    Citizen
    February 9, 2018, 11:41 am

Pro-Israel groups receive letters from Al Jazeera seeking response for ‘Israel lobby’ documentary https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-pro-israel-groups-receive-letters-from-al-jazeera-on-lobby-report-1.5788997 #AIPAC et al

9. genesto
    genesto
    February 9, 2018, 12:52 pm

When it comes to being a statesman and historian, Dayan makes a damn good stand-up comedian!

10. Ossinev
    Ossinev
    February 9, 2018, 1:37 pm

@biggerjake

Not to mention:

BTW Would love to know just how many if any of these undesirable black men , women and children were actually granted homes in the illegal settlements where the Jewish Herrenvolk doctrine is in full flow.

11. Edward Q
    Edward Q
    February 9, 2018, 3:06 pm

It sounds like the ambassador is trying to breathe life into the “progressive except Palestine” view which is under attack these days.

12. eljay
    eljay
    February 9, 2018, 3:18 pm

… Dayan said Israel’s founding was the triumph of national liberation over British colonialism. …

Except that it wasn’t. It was the triumph of Jewish supremacism over international law and the (human) rights of the indigenous inhabitants of Palestine.

During the second half of the 20th century there have been a number of successful national liberation movements. I dare to say, all of them were justified. The fight against colonialism is always justified. But none of them was as extraordinary and as just as the national liberation movement of the Jewish people that brought about the creation of the state of Israel …

Jewish citizens of countries the world over – citizens of homelands all over the world who chose to be/come Jewish – did not require “liberation”. If anything, they – like all oppressed people in countries all over the world – required justice, accountability and equality.

Zionism was and remains a religion-supremacist movement, not a “fight against colonialism” and not a “national liberation movement”.

Zionists were and remain mentally f*cked up to a tragic degree.

Misterioso
      February 9, 2018, 4:44 pm

@eljay

Well said!!!

Edward Q
      February 9, 2018, 5:14 pm

The chutzpah in that statement is increased by the fact that British colonialism was used to facilitate Zionism, not the other way around. The Balfour declaration was the basis for this support. The Zionists view a government or politician that supports them 99% of the time but mildly dares to criticize them 1% of the time as stabbing them in the back.

13. johneill
    johneill
    February 9, 2018, 7:44 pm

he seems unfamiliar with the situation on the ground, as quantanamo is infamous for all the same reasons as the israeli prison system: kidnapping suspects, abducting them to another country, indefinite detention without trial, often without even leveling charges, and torturing them. every prison in ‘green line israel’ – let alone ‘eretz’ – is guilty of these crimes against humanity.

pabelmont
      February 10, 2018, 11:46 am

And Dayan remembered some USA crimes but conveniently forgot the genocide against the Native Americans.

14. Qualtrough
    Qualtrough
    February 10, 2018, 1:15 am

He can can round that list out with US support for Israel.

15. inbound39
    inbound39
    February 11, 2018, 5:22 am

You cannot restore Honour to Zionism when it is the most cowardly form of racism known to man today. Look at the numbers of children Zionism has incarcerated and tortured in Israel. Look at the unarmed people they gleeefull shoot to kill. They shoot three year olds dead and pregnant unarmed women. How can anyone view Zionism as honourable.

16. shaun patrick
    shaun patrick
    February 11, 2018, 7:10 pm

Danny Danyons defence of Israel and his comments about Palestinians and Zionism would make Goering blush. The lies spouted by Danyon regarding Palestinians and Israels occupation are as reprehensible as the Nazis anti semitic comments about Jews. How people like Danyon, Bennett, Netanyahu and the rest of them can live with their conscience is a mystery to me.

17. amigo
    amigo
    February 12, 2018, 12:52 pm

There are many words that do not equate with Zionism.Honour is right at the top of the list.

Here are some others.

Honest.
    Trust.
    Truthful.
    Reliable.
    Ingenuous.

Alternatively , here are some words that describe Zionism .

Dishonest.
    Untrustworthy.
    Criminal.
    Fascist .
    Rogue Entity.
    Illegitimate.
    Temporary.
    Isolated.

IOW , Zionism is one screwed up project that needs to be put to the sword of justice and dispatched to the bin of history never again to be allowed to see the light of day.