Max Blumenthal: Feeling the Hate In Jerusalem on Eve of Obama’s Cairo Address

Max Blumenthal writes: On the eve of President Barack Obama’s address to the Muslim world from Cairo, Egypt, I stepped out onto the streets of Jerusalem with my friend Joseph Dana to interview young Israelis and American Jews about their reaction to the speech. We encountered rowdy groups of beer sodden twenty-somethings, many from the United States, and all eager to vent their visceral, even violent hatred of Barack Obama and his policies towards Israel. Usually I offer a brief commentary on my video reports, but this one requires no comment at all. Quite simply, it contains some of the most shocking footage I have ever filmed. Watch it and see if you agree. (Warning: this video contains profanity and material offensive to just about anyone.)

UpdateJoseph Dana, one of the co-creators of the video above, has written the following to explain why he and Max Blumenthal made the video, and what he thinks it shows:

It’s about entitlement, stupid.

Max and I went on to the streets of Jerusalem at ten o’clock on a Wednesday to ascertain the feelings of the young population about Obama’s upcoming speech in Cairo. As is often the case, the streets of central Jerusalem were not filled with native Israelis but American Jews. Doubtlessly anyone who has visited Jerusalem has encountered the droves of American Jewish kids that are sent to Israel to study for a period of time from Teaneck or Westchester. We asked people a simple question, “What do you think of Obama and Israel?” Most of the people that we talked to were dual American Israeli citizens. The answers in this video reflect the education and worrisome perspectives that many American Jews harbor towards Israeli politics. The sense of entitlement that the American Jewish community has when it comes to Israeli policy is on full raw display in the words of these young adults.

Based on our interviews these people were from high socio economic backgrounds and had developed thoughts about current Israeli politics. The question is why more journalists are not covering this story. All you have to do is walk the streets of Jerusalem and you will find dozens of people that harbor the same beliefs. As a resident of Jerusalem, I can say that the people represented in this video are not members of a fringe group or simply drunk college kids. These people reflect the sentiments shared by many people in this country and this city. These people and their families are the core of the opposition to meaningful peace between Israel and her neighbors. This is what Obama is up against.

About Adam Horowitz

Adam Horowitz is Co-Editor of Mondoweiss.net.
Posted in Israel/Palestine, US Policy in the Middle East, US Politics

{ 491 comments... read them below or add one }

1. DICKERSON3870 says:

FROM HAARETZ, 11/14/08: (excerpt) …Last week, soldiers from the Golani infantry brigade posted a video on YouTube depicting a blindfolded Palestinian being forced to repeat phrases in Hebrew as the soldiers manning the checkpoint laugh in the background.  One of the lines is: "Golani will bring you a log to stick up your ass."  As the detainee repeats the words, the soldiers are heard laughing raucously in the background….  ARTICLE / VIDEO - ” target=”_blank”>http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1037217.html

2. DICKERSON3870 says:

RE: "…it's completely deceiving." *AN EXCERPT FROM A HAARETZ ARTICLE OF 01/27/09 ENTITLED “Police arrest Jewish teens for allegedly assaulting Arab youth in Galilee”: An Arab youth from the Galilee village of Majd el-Krum was injured lightly on Monday night after a gang of Jewish teens beat him with sticks while he was walking along the promenade in Tiberias. Police arrested eight suspects ranging from 14 to 16 years of age who are believed to have taken part in the assault. The victim, Mohammed Mansur, was rushed to Poriah Hospital near Tiberias, where he was treated for injuries sustained all over his body….. SOURCE - ” target=”_blank”>http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1059164.html

3. jay says:

Your point being? There are also gangs of Jewish neonazi's in Israel. Hell, I can also find random stories of Muslims or Palestinians accosting Jews.. this proves nothing. Even then, these two stories you just posted has NOTHING to do with Obama.. Furthermore, this video is trying to correlate the sentiments expressed in it with all Jews.. American and Israeli. I posted actual polling data that shows about 80% of Jews in America have a favorable view of Obama. More than than the Nonreligous, more than Catholics, more than Protestants, more than Mormons…. Actual data, not a highly edited video of random Right winged, rich stuck up snobs getting drunk in the streets of Jerusalem.

4. Polly says:

This illustrates vividly that support for Israel has become a movement that has no cause – or at least no longer does. Who exactly is going to drive them into the sea? Where are the pogroms going to come from? These people are just supporting the team, that's why the girl doesn't know who "Yahoo" is. They might as well be Yankees fans dissing the Red Sox.

5. Jacob says:

These kids were drunk and trying to be cool in front of their friends by saying things they knew were inappropriate, controversial, and likely disagreed with. On top of that, the camera crew probably facilitated those responses by encouraging certain view points through their image of approval. I also doubt that view points supportive of Obama made the cut. The reality is that I was born in Israel, I have family in Israel, and most of my family and I support Obama, and support Israel too. These kids are not representative of anything beyond "trying to be bad-asses" to their peers.

6. JES49 says:

Joseph, you are, I believe, highly disingenuous. You state, for example, that: Most of the people that we talked to were dual American Israeli citizens. The answers in this video reflect the education and worrisome perspectives that many American Jews harbor towards Israeli politics. So, how did you discover that these people were dual American Israeli citizens? Did you look at their passports? Based on our interviews these people were from high socio economic backgrounds and had developed thoughts about current Israeli politics. So, where are the interviews? And exactly how did you determine from these interviews that these people were "from high socio economic backgrounds"? It certainly doesn't appear that you asked them from the video. I don't know what your socio-economic background is, but I'd be willing to bet it's high. And I certainly don't have to ask about Max Blumenthal's, because he's the son of a former Clinton advisor and film producer.

7. Jeany says:

I hope the footage gets shown to the parents of these brats.

8. shocked says:

Im wondering how long does it take to see this in the mainstream US tv-stations? lets be honest, if it were muslims talking like that (as it surely was in the past) they would show it instantly in the US media. Although they were junk and many of them just wanted to bee cool, i think it represents the the most of them pretty good.

9. lovelyisraelis says:

funny you should mention this, sarah! I write about it as part of my job. It's a big improvement over plant-based biofuel and people are enthusiastic, but things are still in their infancy and the poor economy is causing some large corporate investors in this technology to withdraw support in favor of short term profit. We (our university) recently lost our primary partner–one of the major oil companies. I don't think I'm supposed to say which one or say much about the project except that it's exactly what you're talking about.

10. lovelyisraelis says:

Jews are semitic. Israelis are satanic.

11. lovelyisraelis says:

"With the emergence of all of the details, it will be decided whether to take steps and which [to take]. The IDF denunciates this behavior," the statement said." Maybe in 150 years "all the details" will come out so that the perpetrators can face justice.

12. El Bandido says:

man I've known that shit for too long. Folks are just blind to what folks in Y'Israel really think about the U.S. and our President. If the U.S. isn't writing checks and disagrees with a few things Y'Israel does, we're antisemitic.

13. _Sarah_ says:

All the more reason to be putting our resources into this sort of thing instead of Israel and the military industrial complex.

14. Reb says:

Well, they are Americans, so…. I think they know they are benefiting from US tax dollars. They just don't care. They are eminently chauvenistic and cannot imagine that they are anything but the center of the world.

15. Reb says:

Yes and no. While you're right that that kind of racism lingers under the surface and regularly emerges with the slightest change in the political scene, I think the difference between Israelis and American Zionist kids like this is that the Americans with dual citizenship have this stunning sense of entitlement to the place, and in fact, to the world as a whole… Unlike Israelis, they have a nice cushy place to live most of the year, which they call home.

16. dave says:

Ok. What would explain the fact the exit polls show 77% of American Jews voted for Obama? I think the interviews just stumbled upon a batch of bad Jews.

17. Dutch says:

Re:Feeling the Hate In Jerusalem on Eve of Obama's Cairo Address ” target=”_blank”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YILDfiXKhTo Now you have all the N's stimulated. That all we needed was more stimulus…..!

18. Pierre says:

Oh come on everyone. All we have to do is shut off the financial aid and giveaways and watch peace flourish in no time. However that would be against the elite's agenda: War profiteering!

19. Ilaughed says:

Nazi state of Israel? No, but your a fuckhead.

20. Syd Walker says:

I posted Max's latest video on my own blog and gave it the title 'Who's Benjamin Yahoo?' – borrowed from the words of the eloquent Politics Major who 'knows her shit'. It's led to a surge in new visitors finding my blog via Google. Apparently there's a lot of people asking the same question :-)

21. Zach says:

You know, at my home university there was a video production similar to this. A group of students went to the on-campus bar and conducted interviews. They were not based on politics but were based on race and race issues (though Obama wasn't president yet). Some of the stuff that was said was totally ridiculous and offensive, but no one felt so inclined as to generalize the opinions of individuals in a less than random sample to include a whole race (whites) or community (my university) Don't do it here either.

22. suaimhneas says:

"That Islam is stupid" For why is Peace stupid? It's far from obvious to my non militarized mind.

23. Gina says:

I am shocked and disgusted by this video!!! Its Racist and horrible and I dont understand why its still up!! What makes me more sick are the comments!! Giving them excuses because they were drinking, Let's not forget people "A DRUNK PERSON SPEAKS A SOBER MIND" !!! I have been a long time reader and support of this website! I like understand different view point but not when its RACIST!! I will no longer read nor support this website, because I have been deeply hurt. I dont understand why in the year 2009, people are still narrow-minded! I wish u all the best but you will not have my support! I hope this message make you think about the toxic and negative you are putting out in the world!

24. Lenny Fink says:

This is a great film, Max Blumenthal. You are well on your way to becoming the next Michael Moore. You successfully took ignorant, drunken, racist remarks and tried to make them look like an entire people's opinion. If your video causes the rise of any antisemitism, I hope you're the first one to get a bullet in the head.

25. 4infidels says:

Why didn't you interview non-American Israelis or at least a broader cross-section of Israelis? Why did you limit yourself to two mostly American locations? Is it because you knew you wouldn't get the outcome you desired in other parts of Jerusalem or in Tel Aviv, Haifa or elsewhere? Since 78 percent of American Jews voted for Obama, it is hard to think that these kids are representative in any way of the majority of American Jews. Every group and every nation has its bigots. What distinguishes both Israel and the American Jewish community from their Muslim counterparts is that the government is not officially sanctioning hatred, it isn't being taught in schools and preached in religious services and isn't the widespread view on the street, despite what you are attempting to prove in your video. Hatred in any form is unacceptable. But disagreeing with Obama's Middle East policies and voicing criticism of his approach is no more hateful than voicing criticism of Israeli policies even though that criticism is often unfair, factually inaccurate and out of any proportion to the criticism of other countries in the region.

26. Shiftbear says:

No, it's Benjamin "Yahoo".

27. jewey says:

i will never look at a jew and israel the same way EVER again. it's unfortunate because i;m hoping these jew bags are representative of the jewish state. those in the video can all go back to the ovens for all i'm concerned.

28. mike says:

If you run into me in the future and I'm racist towards you. You can blame this video. I'm outraged and all I can assume is that all Jews are like this.

29. sam says:

Forget Iran and North Korea, let's drop some nuclear bombs on Israel. If they have that much hate there against Americans, then they are the real enemy. I NOW BELIEVE that ISRAEL IS A STINKING CORPSE.

30. Matt says:

You've got balls, dude. My hat is off to you. Has anyone noted that the people who characterize this video as "meaningless" are the same people who'll tell you that the Palestinian use of a displaced Mickey Mouse in their children's TV shows demonstrates the ruthlessness of Palestinians? At least the militant Palestinian Mickey Mouse was scripted and intentional propaganda. These kids seem far more spontaneous and sincere in their beliefs.

31. David says:

Yeah, I've encountered the exact same phenomenon with Jewish friends. I'm Jewish myself, and am appalled at their ignorance. I guess it's the combined effects of the Holocaust and ethnic clustering. Either way, it's unacceptable.

32. David says:

We aren't, of course. But the phenomenon of Israel, I think, induces this kind of behavior from people who are otherwise sensible. It makes you wonder if having a Jewish state is such a good idea.

33. Michael Brenner says:

Isn't it obvious? She was joking. Like leftist are prone to do, Blumenthal did not get the joke.

34. Howard says:

Why this serves no-one and is less than shoddy journalism. These kids are American, NOT Israeli. They are not even representative of American Jews. They are far from home and feel some kind of license to behave as badly as possible. The truth of the matter is that one does not defecate in one's back yard and Jerusalem for these kids, is far from a reconnection with their roots or a 'coming home', but an opportunity to party. From what I understand, their presence is only tolerated because they leave a lot of money behind. How many stay after the term of their study is up. What is the quality of the instruction they receive? That the supposed politics major know nothing about the the current Israeli politics gives some sort of idea of the level of knowledge of these brats. Pretty much the only statement that you can trust as heart felt was the kid that stated that he wanted 'pussy'. The kid that spoke about his survivor grandmother came a close second so a C+ to the videographer for exposing a nerve.

35. norm depalma says:

no,the most disturbing thing is to read Dana's comments and think that there are credulous people out there who will believe him…the people in the video are obviously simply drunk morons…the fact that they are drunk and could not legally sign any waivers (lacking mens rea) means that the video is an invasion of privacy, defamatory etc— and awhile the drunks' statements are vile, the videographer's usage of said statements is pernicious and illegal.

36. Shai says:

Jerusalem is Israel's Tehran with the added twist of American Jewish geeks playing the mob mentality tough guys

37. Shai says:

No Jews are not to be confused with Baptists. Jesus manufactured water into wine. Yes, Jews are allowed to drink to their hearts' content but further proof they shouldn't.

38. Sara says:

And does anyone recognize that these Americans don't LIVE in israel? Thus they aren't affect by the daily fear and anguish that the Israelis and Palestinians alike in the region have to deal with. I think the biggest problem (as always) is foreign intervention. While I realize that israel is considered a homeland for jews everywhere, in America it has garnered a cult-like following of young people who abandon all logic and reason in their support for it. And they are supported by a larger group of American "adults" who are fueling such baseless feelings of hate and "us and them" mentalities. Very much so, I feel like Americans are much to blame for incinerating the current Middle East situation, and creating a generaltion of youth who have become accustomed to–indeed, think it is perfectly all right– to think in illogical, racist and bigotedly hateful terms.

39. MRW says:

Some of these kids live there as dual citizens. This is entirely representative of the Republican Jewish Coalition Jews here in the US.

40. MRW says:

Gina, It's about time people saw this toxicity. It has existed fro a long time, but people have protected others from seeing it. Open your eyes. It exists.

41. MRW says:

Spare me. I heard this shit for years and years from rich Jews in Manhattan, albeit privately. I'm talking Fifth Avenue Jews.

42. koppler says:

if you really want people's opinions, don't get them while they're drunk… genius… as a guy who has been living in a north american (canadian) pro-israeli environment for some time, the real reason that everyone seems to be really extreme is their hopelessness. jews and israelis feel like there is no way to solve the problem. they feel like they've done everything they could have without giving up Israel itself, yet they still after these years get an uncontrollable extremist attitude from across the border. They want peace, even at the cost of war. Its a sad situation. Its even worse when most of the world is against you, your parliament is dysfunctional, and your brothers and sisters risk their lives in the israeli military from 18-21. Everyone in Israel knows personally someone who has died in the army (and that's almost a fact. when 70 people were killed in a terrorist attack, haaretz did a poll which showed that 93% of the nation were connected with those people).

43. Zeca Afonso says:

Someday this monstrosity of a state will go the way of Rhodesia, Apartheid South Africa, and French Indonesia. How the world has sat by for 60+ years and allowed this to go on — what would be described as racist settler colonialism if anyone else was doing it — baffles the mind. The mentality is the same as that of a Portuguese in Luanda in 1968…

44. Philly Living Mag says:

That's really disturbing.

45. Mikha'el says:

"These drunks remind me of the infamous "Fuck Jesus" video of a drunk settler " As an Israeli, I am for Israel's withdrawal from most of Yehuda and Shomoron, so as to avoid a binational state–so I don;t agree with the young settler boy who insists that Israel must stay there, but I was very happy to see him say "Fuck Jesus!". Really, Jews have been hearing about your little godling forever, and we are tired of it. We didn't kill him if he ever existed in the first place, but if he does come back, I'll be first in line to nail him down good this time and I'll take the rap!

46. Kinowolf says:

Yes, Christianity will save us from hatred and violence. You should take this show on the road, it's hilarious.

47. Fred says:

First of all, most of those kids are not Israeli. They're American. Second of all, I know most of those guys. They're crackheads. They're my boys, but they're crackheads. They don't actually care about politics, they just like getting wasted. You guys want to know where that was filmed? It was filmed in a place nicknamed "Crack Square". It's called that for a reason. He wasn't looking for opinions on Obama, he was looking for controversy. This is unprofessional and disgusting. Seriously Max, grow up. Do you honestly feel good about yourself after this? This isn't journalism. You aren't reporting facts, you're trying to stir up a hornet's nest. From what I hear, some of those kids are getting kicked out of their schools over this. That means they're back on the streets, after they came here to try to pull themselves together. Does that matter to you at all? Do you care that you've screwed up lives, or are you just happy that you got your big story even if you did have to squash a few people to get there.

48. Chase Ingersoll says:

"….shocked…." Give me a break. Give all of us a break. What I find shocking are the Hamas criminals that hold millions of women and children hostage, letting a few go here and there once they are wired up with explosives.

49. Doe says:

This video is disgusting as are those depicted in it. Yet my thoughts cant help but drift to wondering why clearly only intoxicated American brats were questioned and as to what sort of questioning prompted those responses. There is a danger with attributing these clearly naive and myopic viewpoints to those of the majority of American Jews. Most of us are not like them and posting a video only serves to spread hatred…either towards Jews or towards American Jews. There is no good that can come from any of this. The producers and editors of the video should be just as ashamed of themselves as the children who are the substance of it. Shame on all of you.

50. NikNak says:

In vino veritas or "in wine there's truth" meaning you pretty much say how you really feel when you are drunk, and these drunk fools simply let everyone who sees this video know how ignorant and ungrateful they really are. Those kids can only be mad at themselves for putting themselves in that situation. I am not against drinking and partying, but if you are so out of it that you can't control what you say you have lost all rights to seek justice for what comes out of your stupid mouth. I have nothing against Jews or any religion for that matter, but the creation of Israel was one of the biggest mistakes ever. I understand the religious importance of the region, but change is necessary for survival, so why do religions get to ignore it. Perhaps Obama is going for an indirect route to save Israel by talking to everyone that hates it first, but no that doesn't make any sense, because he isn't bending over backwards for Israel like every other president since its creation.

51. LeaNder22 says:

Adam, it was a good decision to publish it, although I can understand your hesitation. Look the problem is, many of us witnessed this mentality all over the net in, especially from the run up to the Iraq war onwards. The most startling statement in the whole video for me is the young man's citing "his grandmother's Auschwitz tattoo". That's a jewell in itself. The others, I had forgotten again almost the moment I saw them. I was in fact a bit disgusted by the suggestion of the man that interviewed Joseph Dana to out the political-scientist major. But this young man, I would be very interested in to hear more about, admittedly. But not to out him really, but to understand.

52. Barry says:

I was shocked, horrified, embarrassed by the video. I was glad i didn't have a kid in the scene. Then I browsed through the collection of comments that have been gathered here, and I didn't feel so bad. Because the comments are worse, and the offensive commenters probably weren't even drunk. Jew Hatred is clearly alive and well, and all you have to do is to read the comments to see it.

53. Half-Dollar says:

G G G G G GGGGGGGGGG—-UNIT!

54. conenorm says:

He is as Jewish as Hassan Nasralla and Ahmadinejad. He is just a hateful bum, one who could be the son or grandson of the guy shooting the guard in Washingtons Holocaust museum.

55. Peace through peace says:

There are several spots of mass genocide going on in the world right now. Anyone have any extra time or their hands? From skimming these comments, I'd say there's quite a large group who could help pitch in and stop it. And when it comes to the US supporting bad behavior….Here's one that several have jumped to join before I can get the sentence halfway out of my mouth. One of the verbal tactics that was used to enter Afghanistan and Iraq was that somehow we have the right to enter any country that harbors or supports terrorists against the US in any way, shape or form. So based on that argument, Britain could have invaded the US to put a stop to all the IRA support pouring out of the east coast, because the US stood by and did nothing. Now THAT would have been REALLY entertaining, don't you think? Way cool move. So bummed no attempt was made. Way more entertaining than this stuff.

56. Dana says:

If you wanted to get a true "Jewish" reaction dont use half your footage on developmentally disabled, transplants from Brooklyn. The only point I see in this video is stupidity can be found anywhere..IF your looking for it.

57. danny bloom says:

were THEY thinking? I will tell you what I think BELOW: see the three minute video here: ” target=”_blank”>http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/The-Ugly-Sick-Racist… The Ugly, Sick, Racist Video of Jews Posted on YouTube by Max Blumenthal DANNY BLOOM BLOGS: "This is such a disgusting video, as a Jewish American man, 60, i am deeply ashamed of these young men and women in the video, and because of this video I am renouncing my Judaism today – publicly. Not that anyone reads my blogs, but here it is. I will never again call myself a Jew. This was a very sad day in modern Jewish life, and the makers and distributors of the video should be ashamed of themselves. Oi."

58. Jennifer says:

How naive it is for those of you before me to think that a military solution is going to solve the problems in Israel and Palestine. What we need is more understanding and not quick fix solutions. First lets take a look at the historical experience of the Jews.What do you expect from a people who have been the victims of discrimination and persecution for cenuries. Being a Jew and being told day in and day out that you are going to hell is something that many Jews in the U.S. still have to experience everyday even if they don't even practice their religion. They have been oppressed. All they know is oppression. If anyone is familiar with Freire, you know that until an oppressor is decolonized, they will continue to replay the oppression that they experienced on to those around them. Thus, Israel is doing the same thing that it experienced to Palestine…Those of you who think that military violence is the solution are speaking from a colonized mindset. Yes, their comments are uncalled for an extremelly unintelligent and almost barbaric. The experience of the jews does not justify the violence of Israel. However, to make progress in this situation, claiming that Israel should be bombed or eliminated is not the solution. Since Jews have been kicked out of their homes throughout thecenturies, they have ended up stateless and thus lacking of any rights. Creating Israel may not have been the ideal solution for providing a state for Jewish people. Unfortunately, the Jewish and Palestinian people were pawns in a greater scheme to control the Middle East. When Israel was created, the pain of the Jews was utilized for creating a sphere of influence in the region while neglecting the people already present in present Israel and the West Bank. Their suffering was taken advantage of by countries(UK and US) that have interests in the region and the Jews were told that they could go their and live peacefully. Little did many(NOT ALL!) of them know that they were moving in on land that was not terra nullus. Many jews that I have talked to through my life still believe that there were no palestinians there. Their concept of the truth has been shaped by the governments that created Israel. The governments that caused this to happen, including Israel are to blame, and the people need to be decolonized and go through healing. To make progress, what we have to do is understand where the pain that the people in this region are feeling is coming from and work from there. These young kids on the street feel a legitimate pain. The Palestinians are also feeling a legitimate pain. We must recognize it, not ignore it. Then we can move forward. More violence will not solve the issue but just ensure that this story will keep repeating itself. Please don't think that these are the opinions of all Israelis. Uri Avnery is an example of a person who is striving for a peaceful solution, as are many Israelis, who have hope to come to terms with the history that has caused so much pain for Palestinian people and Israeli people.

59. Samazama says:

I can't say I was proud of these children and their alcohol-fueled stupidity, but does anyone really think that party night on the strip of ANY country is the place to find intelligent, well-thought-out and researched commentary on the political issues facing the world? I'm pretty sure that if you took a mike and a camera to anywhere where the kids have been drinking, be it the behind-closed-door parties in Iran or downtown Cambridge, MA or Hayden Lake, Idaho or Vienna, Austria circa 1935, you'd hear the same testosterone-driven comments by the same young bucks trying to to impress the girls. Using this as evidence for national policy is pretty thin.

60. frightened4real says:

i watch the video and if this is what we have to represent the world in the future drunk or sober then we better pray to exit this world sooner rather than later cuz we are all fucked!

61. frightensd4real says:

62. Avi says:

I totally disagree with the way this interview was made, run the same interview with the same persons during the day and not in a pub or club where everyone looked totally smashed and compare the answers. I think this was TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!

63. Charles says:

Good reply

64. Stewart Mills says:

I was unable to watch the video as I got the following message "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" Any other options?… But from reading the comments I get the gist from it. In terms of interviewing people who were intoxicated. What would be unprofessional would be to use the text of what was said and not to tell an audience the people were intoxicated. It seems clear from comments that the people were intoxicated, therefore it is up to the viewer to take this in to consideration. Intoxication is not a complete defense in any criminal law jurisdiction it may serve as a mitigating circumstance. That is it. Interviewing intoxicated people may be useful means to see people when their guard is down. One of the oldest truth serums known is alcohol. So as long as there is full disclosure (either explicit or implicit) then the interview has value and is meaningful.

65. Proud Jew says:

Max, I am an orthodox Hasidic Jew and very proud of it. We, the Orthodox community, support our honored President Barack Obama. We think that the speech he gave in Cairo was a major move towards bringing peace to the world. However, we believe that everything is in the hands of G-D. As parents to thier children, G-D does everything for our benefit. The only thing left for us to do, is to pray to G-D for peace around the world. Now, Max, I don't know what you had in mind by publishing a video of some fall-outs of the community, however, G-D knows. Max, you know good and well that in the Orthodox community, we don't talk like this and don't get drunk. (except on Purim). G-D knows what these writers have in mind. They finally found a baseless reason to give out their hate to Jews. However, we are not worried a bit, because we believe in G-D.

66. Proud Jew says:

Evidence: Max asked at least 37 groups of people in different areas of Israel “What do you think of Obama and Israel?”. 34 praised Obama for his good work in general, and specifically his speech in Cairo. 28 of the interviewees said they would vote again for Obama, while six said it depends who would run against him. One middle age Jewish woman said that "he is the best president in the American history." A young Orthodox Jewish adult said "Obama believes in G-D, may he (Obama) be blessed, Obama is the greatest person in the world." Max then went to a bar where he interviewed some drunk jewish and non-jewish kids and of course they answered as drunks. Believe me that Max while intoxicated would answer alot worse. We don't understand why he didn't publicize these positive comments about Obama from the rest of the interviewees.

67. Proud Jew says:

77. ProudJew says:

78. ProudJew says:

79. ProudJew says:

80. ProudJew says:

81. ProudJew says:

82. dannyd says:

the video has been removed from you tube…. where can one see this video…is this more censorship

83. Karl Friedrich says:

But that "majority" you refer to only supports the BS 2 state solution that leaves Arabs with about as much freedom as a concentration camp and Arabs can rightly never accept 2nd class citizenship status and no sovreign airspace and all those other "conditions" to dual statehood that've just been proposed.

84. Mohammad Fadel says:

I found a link on YouTube to Feeling the Hate at ” target=”_blank”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-whux4PNo. Mohammad Fadel

85. j.Niemela says:

These activities prove that the origins of these "Ashkenazic's" is just where the Bible says that they originated..Note in Genesis 19:1-3 that "Ashkenaz" was a Grandson of Noah's son, Japheth. Thus not being from SHem, these Ashkenazic's are NOT semetic…but are from Japheth who was the progenitor of the Turkic-Mongol races…JRN

86. Mountaingoat says:

Some inappropriate emotions were expressed on that video.

87. dannyd says:

” target=”_blank”>http://windowintopalestine.blogspot.com/2009/06/i… I have added the video to the blog I manage thanks for providing a link to the video I have downloaded the video for my archives.

88. pirate news says:

Your video is now banned. Please repost on another server, perhaps Archive.org.

89. Democrat4eva says:

Yes, and this is why the likes of right wing republicans try to subvert foreign policy some openly, and others using underhanded means like this Canadian extremist Brad Kostynuik, AKA "Wharold", a kahanist likudnik from Calgary he runs this with his wife Brandi Dickman, ” target=”_blank”>http://www.rockpaperinternet.com/brad.html Unlike Debbie Schlussel, Waldi Shoebat, and Brijitte Gabriel, Kostynuik propagates his anti Palestinian, anti Obama, anti Moslem hate under the alias "Wharold", and not his real name of Brad Kostynuik Kostynuik creates anti Obama posters and art which he distributes to his bloggers, like other right wing extremists in the hope of turning public opinion. This is Brad Kostynuik’s professional life website in his official persona ” target=”_blank”>http://www.rockpaperinternet.com/brad.html resume of “Wharold” AKA Brad Kostynuik ” target=”_blank”>http://www.defrost.ca/defrosters.php?action=view&… This is his smear site, at WordPress where he smears Obama, and Palestinians, and his xenophobia and racism ” target=”_blank”>http://doosmdayclockradio.wordpress.com

90. amy says:

Please post the video in another format. YouTube has censored it.