More from the charm offensive called the only democracy in the Middle East. Superland is an amusement park in a city south of Tel Aviv. This story, first published in Hebrew, is translated here by Ronnie Barkan. (Haaretz also has it.):

Superland management did not allow Ajyal school in Jaffa to book tickets for its students, this is according to Khaled Accra, a school teacher, in a letter he submitted this week to the heads of the educational administration.

On Tuesday Shakra called the Superland and asked to find out the costs of a fun day for the students. “I wanted to book 25 tickets,” he said. “I was asked about the date and was told that the cost is 52 shekels a ticket.We agreed on June 18th and the clerk inquired which school is it for. I replied it was “Ajyal” and she said: ‘What?! What is it?! One moment please”.

“I waited a few minutes on hold and surprisingly it was another person on the line who asked how she may help. I told her that we already settled the date and that I booked the tickets. All of a sudden she said that the agreed date was not available. She suggested another date, I agreed but then a moment later she said it was also reserved. She then said that she will check for available dates and get back to me.

“Shakra decided not to wait. Half an hour later he called the Superland again, introduced himself as Eyal, said that he was from a Jewish organization and asked whether he could reserve tickets for the group. “I got a positive response. The girl on the other end asked me ‘Which dates would you like to book? We have the 17th through the 19th of June available.’ I was shocked.”

Superland then issued a statement saying that in June it reserves some days for Jewish high school students, other days for Arab high school students.

1. Citizen
    May 30, 2013, 2:00 pm

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E,
    Forever hold our banner high, high!
    Who’s the leader of the pack, made for you and me–

Baruch Goldstein!

2. seafoid
    May 30, 2013, 2:26 pm

Jews wouldn’t do that, at least not in the US…

3. Shmuel
    May 30, 2013, 3:39 pm

Oh, that’s ok then. Separate but equal, right?
    But somehow separate never does mean equal.

Compare:

She then said that she will check for available dates and get back to me.

And:

Half an hour later he called the Superland again, introduced himself as Eyal, said that he was from a Jewish organization … The girl on the other end asked me ‘Which dates would you like to book? We have the 17th through the 19th of June available.

Damn these Palestinian Israelis. On the phone, Khaled sounds just like Eyal. They also know when they’re being taken for a ride.

4. tree
    May 30, 2013, 4:29 pm

Your headline may be partially incorrect, Phil. We know they have days for Jewish Israeli students in June. They’ll have to get back to us on whether they have days for Palestinian Israelis in June. There might be an available date on June 31st or 32nd. Until we hear what dates are “available” its probably a big assumption to say they “have days for only Palestinians.”

I hope everyone will note that this is in Israel “within the green line”, and its Palestinian Israeli citizens that are being discriminated against.

• German Lefty
      May 31, 2013, 6:04 am

I agree, tree!

5. DICKERSON3870
    May 30, 2013, 4:57 pm

RE: “Jim Crow amusement park in Israel features days for only Jewish students, days for only Palestinians” ~ Weiss

MY COMMENT: Separate but equal! Sounds kosher to me (NOT)! ! !

AN MID-SPRING EVENING’S MUSICAL INTERLUDE, proudly brought to you by the makers of the new Über-Xtreme Ziocaine Ultra SR (Sustained Release) Transdermal Patch®: Let The Good Times Roll!™

I cried when they shot Medgar Evers
    Tears ran down my spine
    I cried when they shot Mr. Kennedy
    As though I’d lost a father of mine
    But Malcolm X got what was coming
    He got what he asked for this time
    So love me, love me, love me, I’m a liberal

I go to civil rights rallies
    And I put down the old D.A.R.
    I love Harry and Sidney and Sammy
    I hope every colored boy becomes a star
    But don’t talk about revolution
    That’s going a little bit too far
    So love me, love me, love me, I’m a liberal

I cheered when Humphrey was chosen
    My faith in the system restored
    I’m glad the commies were thrown out
    of the A.F.L. C.I.O. board
    I love Puerto Ricans and Negros
    as long as they don’t move next door

So love me, love me, love me, I’m a liberal . . .

Phil Ochs — Love me, I’m a liberal [VIDEO, 4:40] – link to youtube.com

• seafoid
      May 31, 2013, 8:04 am

Dickerson

Thanks for another superb link. I’m going to order the song.

6. seafoid
    May 30, 2013, 5:20 pm

“Half an hour later he called the Superland again, introduced himself as Eyal, said that he was from a Jewish organization ”

The bigotry is SO shoddy. So transparent.
    Like putting stickers on people at the airport.
    And the Palestinians in Israel understand the psychosis better than anyone.

7. just
    May 30, 2013, 6:33 pm

Such a democracy. First Funjoya and the College of Mgmt….. now Superland and high school students.

When will the evidence that they openly discriminate against grammar school children be available?

8. belewlaw
    May 30, 2013, 7:19 pm

This reminds me of a MLK speech about Funland, a whites only amusement park near Atlanta. In it he answers his daughter’s question as to why she can’t go to Funland. I can’t find it online.

• tree
      May 31, 2013, 12:08 am

It’s here:

• eljay
        May 31, 2013, 8:44 am

>> This reminds me of a MLK speech about Funland …

And this is likely what Zio-supremacists are thinking about – and nodding in agreement with – as they read this thread:
        No Dr. King, your daughter can’t go to Funtown

• Shmuel
        May 31, 2013, 9:18 am

Spot on, eljay. Your link reads just like this one:

link to israelnationalnews.com

• eljay
        May 31, 2013, 10:12 am

>> Your link reads just like this one:

The similarities are uncanny and disturbing.

>> “Arutz Sheva has spoken to parents of children who visited the park over the past year.”

For some reason, the article only refers to comments made by the parents of Jewish children. Either no “Arab” parents were interviewed, or their comments were deemed unworthy to print. Surprise, surprise.

9. dbroncos
    May 30, 2013, 10:21 pm

Echoes of MLK’s speech in which he tells of how speechless he was when faced with explaining to his six year old daughter that the reason she couldn’t go to Funtown is because she was colored and Funtown was for whites only.

• seafoid
      May 31, 2013, 3:25 am

Same thing. King could not explain it to his daughter. The teacher is unable to explain it to his pupils. This is how the return to zion has panned out. When a 50 year old speech speaks so clearly to the present there absolutely nothing hasbara can say. Segregation is an insult to human decency and an abomination. A very very sad day for Israel and its fellow travellers.

• Ecru
        May 31, 2013, 8:32 am

A very very sad day for Israel and its fellow travellers.

Unfortunately Israel and its fellow travellers are so mired in xenophobia and hate it’s only a sad day because they’ve been caught.

10. just
    May 31, 2013, 12:15 am

“On rare occasions, King III and his brother Dexter travelled with their father. One trip he recalls clearly was to St Augustine, Florida, a town where the police were public servants by day and Ku Klux Klan members by night; when it was suggested that blacks should be allowed to use the public swimming pools, acid had been added to the water.

The four King children – King III has a younger brother and sister, in addition to an older sister, now deceased – also experienced discrimination first-hand. “There was a theme park in Atlanta called Fun Town,” King remembers. “Whenever we drove past it we would always say we wanted to go in, and Daddy would say, ‘Well, you can’t’. One of the most incredible days we had together was the day when blacks were finally allowed to go to Fun Town. Daddy took us and we had a phenomenal time. Of course, right afterward we just forgot about it, but later I realised the significance of that day.” ”

link to independent.co.uk

Youtube here: link to youtube.com

11. iResistDe4iAm
    May 31, 2013, 3:02 am

One recreation policy for Jewish Israelis (and people with Jewish names), a different recreation policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid

One recreation policy for Jewish Israelis and Europeans (and dogs), a different recreation policy for non-Jewish Israelis = Israeli apartheid
    link to electronicintifada.net

One reservation policy for Israelis with Jewish names, a different reservation policy for Israelis with non-Jewish names = Israeli apartheid
    link to haaretz.com

More Israeli apartheid…
    link to mondoweiss.net

• piotr
      May 31, 2013, 10:00 am

From the link above: [Bar Cohen was trained to be a hostess. As a naive young airhead ...] Cohen said her trainer made it clear what that question was for. “‘You’re asking because you want his name, to hear if he’s an Arab or not,’ she said. And I looked at her and asked, ‘Why is that relevant?’ And she said, ‘What do you mean, why is it relevant? You know we’re one of the most successful restaurants in the country, and we don’t want to ruin our good name. If people see Arabs here, they will leave the restaurant. It’s happened to us more than once.’

It makes me wonder what they do with Jewish customers who look like Arabs. Perhaps they have a separate room?

• iResistDe4iAm
      June 1, 2013, 4:37 am

One recreation policy for Jewish Israeli children, a different recreation policy for non-Jewish Israeli children (with or without cancer) = Israeli apartheid
      link to electronicintifada.net