‘Fuck it, I Love Israel’ — Artists 4 Israel bombards Ibiza with hasbara condoms

These are exciting times for an affluent Zionist hipster. This Spring, Craig Dershowitz, the tattooed, 32-year-old founder of Artists 4 Israel, arranged for the distribution of thousands of condoms bearing pro-Israel messages at the Spanish island dance bacchanal known as Ibiza. At the grand opening party at Sankeys, a popular Ibiza techno club, Artists 4 Israel bombarded party people with 1000 condoms reading, “Fuck It, I Love Israel.”

941954 10151488793018401 2085502166 n
(Photo: Facebook)

A self-described “highly trained advocated and creative director/writer,” Dershowitz boasts of his organization’s “passionate dedication to creativity, beauty and Israel which, let’s be honest, is one in the same.” Though Artists 4 Israel was his brainchild, it has received plenty of help from the Jewish National Fund, the Israeli para-governmental organization famous for planting pine forests atop destroyed Palestinian villages, and which is currently engaged in the violent ethnic cleansing of the Bedouin village of Al Araqib.

With a tattoo sleeve on his arm depicting revisionist Zionist godfather Vladimir Jabotinsky, his “favorite Jew,” Dershowitz has become a frequent presence on universities across the country, bringing pro-Israel graffiti artists to campus for the “DTF” tour. Artists 4 Israel fliers distributed at Haverford college explained the connotations of the DTF abbreviation: Israel is struggling to “Defeat the Fanaticism,” demanding, “Terrorists, stop blowing shit up.” At the same time, Israel is a “a land of sexual liberation” that is “Down To Fuck.”

handout back
‘DTF’ tour flyer. (Image: Vandalog)

A Haverford student described the DTF tour as “an attempt to manipulate students into having a greater hate and fear of the Arab world and a greater love for Israel.” Describing Artists 4 Israel’s presence on campus as “destructive,” the student wrote, “I feel that the DTF Tour’s visit to Haverford damaged the community. Luckily, students came together to heal those wounds.”

In 2011, Artists 4 Israel attempted to beautify Hebron’s occupied H2 area — a “sterile zone,” according to the Israeli army, with main streets off limits to Palestinian residents. According to Haaretz, Artists 4 Israel graffiti artists painted next to Israel army posts and on the the homes of Palestinians while soldiers stood by and watched. One giant piece portrayed the Temple Mount and read, “May the Temple be built soon in our time.”

In a video posted on Youtube, Dershowitz appeared in the heart of H2 while two graffiti artists in the background adorned a concrete blast wall with an image of the Second Temple. Dershowitz explained that the Hebron project was aimed at increasing international support “for the Jewish people living in its ancestral homeland” — in other words, for colonizing the West Bank. Complaining that some of his artists had been pelted with rocks while in the city, Dershowitz declared, “Their destruction is only furthering our creation.”

craig
Craig Dershowitz (Photo: Aish Center)

Artists 4 Israel isn’t Dershowitz’s only claim to fame. He was seen in 2012 on the Today Show begging for donations to help him wage a legal battle to recover “Knuckles,” his pet puggle, from his ex-girlfriend, who took the dog to Los Angeles and refused to give it back. Claiming to have spent $60,000 on the dogfight, Dershowitz hired super-lawyer Sean Dweck to litigate the case in two courts in New York and in California.

Dershowitz even set up a website, “Rescue Knux,” to beg for donations to keep his legal battle going.

“Knuckles is my son and I don’t mean to come off as if he’s more important than a human child, but to me he is,” he pleaded.

“You talk about pleading for money,” Today Show host Ann Curry said to Dershowitz. “You’re asking for people to contribute to your legal bills. Through the internet there are a lot of great charities that people should contribute to. Why do you think they should contribute to you?”

“I’m only asking for small bits,” Dershowitz responded plaintively. “…This is something that with only a small amount, you can make a huge difference.”

About Max Blumenthal

Max Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author.
Posted in Israel Lobby, Israel/Palestine, Occupation, US Politics | Tagged

{ 65 comments... read them below or add one }

1. just says:

Sorry Max– I had to puke. Now I am back and still speechless.

Another yucky Dersh.

• john h says:

“The enemies of Israel hate us for our freedoms”.

Not hate, mate, but anyway, it’s about freedoms denied to those that “favorite Jew” Jabotinsky called “natives”.

That guy, remember, who wrote:

“I am prepared to take an oath binding ourselves and our descendants that we shall never do anything contrary to the principle of equal rights, and that we shall never try to eject anyone”.

• Citizen says:

@ just
      My first reaction also. Is zionist a euphemism for big liar?

• Susan A says:

Yuck! was the first thing I thought when I saw his photo! Yuck! Ugghh!

PS. Love you Max :)

2. Sycamores says:

oh dear! this guy craig will end up embarassing himself and the pro-israeli camp. does israel really want to be represented as a brothel to the world by this poor unfortunate who misses his dog ‘knuckles’. hasbara? more like public toilets doodles.

• Hostage says:

does israel really want to be represented as a brothel to the world

That’s sort of my take on it too: If you love Israel, you better wear some protection;-)

• Sycamores says:

“If you love Israel, you better wear some protection” classic!

it’s becoming apparent that the hasbara is becoming desperate of late from Pam Gellers ads selling hate to Craig Dershowitz selling sex to promote a pro-israel stance.

and then we have the JNF funding ‘artists 4 israel’ how does this fit in to their ‘Reclamation projects’ (land grabbing)?

but every cloud has a silver lining at least when the JNF spends money on useless hasbara they will have less money to grow trees on Palestinian land or planting parks on Palestinian villages.

• Bing Bong says:

“If you love Israel, you better wear some protection.”

True in ’48, true today.

link to bbc.co.uk

link to en.wikipedia.org

3. ToivoS says:

I have to say more power to the Dershowitzes of the world. Craig and Allen make a great pair. I am almost tempted to donate to their cause to keep them on the front page. No need for that of course because they will suck up all the money they need from wealthy American Zionists.

Has anyone noticed that the Zionist cause is attracting more and more grifters? For you pro Israeli folks, please give them more money, for sure it is having a major political impact. Isn’t that what you desire?

• talknic says:

“Has anyone noticed that the Zionist cause is attracting more and more grifters?”

And more link to haaretz.com

• Pamela Olson says:

What’s hilarious is when these grifters accuse us of being in it for the money, ad nauseam. Projection par excellence. I almost wish bank accounts were public knowledge, just to show once and for all who’s making money (and, er, getting on the Today Show) and who’s scraping by…

It’s like a certain oil man I know claiming global climate change is just a big hoax by scientists to keep getting their lucrative research grants.

Um… really?

4. Obsidian says:

What a scumbag!

• German Lefty says:

Obsidian, you need to be more precise. Are you talking about Max or Craig?

Anywy, I don’t understand why the dog story was included in the article. Our cat is like a child to me, too.

5. seafoid says:

Condoms are dangerous for Zionism. The Haredi don’use them so they are winning the jewish demographic race to the bottom. Zionism is cool, fuck it, but when the secular dudes cede power it will look very like religious fundamentalism.

6. Ecru says:

Tacky, loony, narcissistic and ugly all in the same package. What a glorious example of Zionism this nut job is.

7. ziusudra says:

Greetings,
    - Their destruction is only furthering our creation.-
    Sounds like Adolf to me for all Germans killed for his agenda.
    This dude has no Judaism & no Menschkeit!
    His comic books of destruction are myoptic, solipsistic & nihilistic.
    No, he doesn’t compare to Bruegel or Goya.
    ziusudra

8. Shmuel says:

pssst … Israel had gay marriage years ago

Pssst … Israel still doesn’t have gay marriage. Pssst … there is no civil marriage in Israel. Pssst … even heterosexuals of different religions can’t marry one another in Israel. Pssst … “mamzerim” can’t get married in Israel. Pssst … Ethiopian Jews (like the beauty/hasbara queen in a parallel post) can’t marry non-Ethiopian Jews in Israel. Pssst … Palestinian spouses of Israeli citizens are not allowed to live in Israel. Pssst … Jewish women in Israel must wait to be “granted” a divorce by their husbands. Pssst …

• “Ethiopian Jews (like the beauty/hasbara queen in a parallel post) can’t marry non-Ethiopian Jews in Israel.”
      First time I hear it!!

• Shmuel says:

Marriages can only be performed in Israel by the recognised authorities of the respective religious communities. For Jews, this is the Chief Rabbinate. Now the Chief Rabbinate takes an ambivalent position toward the Beta Yisrael, considering them both Jewish and non-Jewish. They must thus be married according to Orthodox Jewish law, by rabbis authorised by the Chief Rabbinate (the authority of the traditional Ethiopian Kesim is not recognised). Last I heard, there was a single marriage registrar in the entire country allowed to marry Ethiopian Jews. On the other hand, they must undergo a conversion process if they wish to marry outside their own community. Most Ethiopian Jews have rejected the conversion requirement as an offence to their history and identity as Jews.

• German Lefty says:

Jewish women in Israel must wait to be “granted” a divorce by their husbands.
          A while ago, there was a story about this on German radio.

Now the Chief Rabbinate takes an ambivalent position toward the Beta Yisrael, considering them both Jewish and non-Jewish. They must thus be married according to Orthodox Jewish law, by rabbis authorised by the Chief Rabbinate (the authority of the traditional Ethiopian Kesim is not recognised). On the other hand, they must undergo a conversion process if they wish to marry outside their own community.
          How do atheists get married in Israel? Probably not at all. If we had religious marriage instead of civil marriage in Germany, I’d stay unmarried forever. I just can’t bring myself to marry at church. My aversion to religion is too strong.

• Shmuel says:

Wow, that sounds complicated. This makes me wonder if marriage rates are low in Israel. How do atheists get married in Israel? Probably not at all.

Actually, I think marriage rates in Israel are pretty high. The vast majority don’t seem to have an aversion to the religious ceremony per se (although parts of the process can be objectionable), and most couples meet the religious requirements. Then there are those (like me) who bite the bullet and do it for their families. And finally, civil marriages conducted abroad are recognised by the Israeli Interior Ministry — Cyprus being the cheapest and most popular destination.

• German Lefty says:

Thanks, Shmuel.

Yes, I already knew that this is the case with same-sex marriages.
          That’s such a weird situation. Foreign marriages are recognised but withing the country such weddings can’t be performed. That’s probably to appear open-minded to the outside while keeping the mindset of segregation among the native-born citizens.

Do you have more examples of such official segregation?

• Susan A says:

Brilliant Shmuel!

9. Ira Glunts says:

What was this guy doing on the Today Show?

• Sycamores says:

i was wondering that myself,

i suppose $60,ooo (allegedly) on legal fees for custody of a pet dog would raise some eyebrows, perfect for morning tv audience.

but i think his ex sums it up nicely:

“Craig thrives on media attention and he is seeking it out in order to further his career while exacting revenge.”

10. seafoid says:

“We secular Israelis are so cool” is the vibe but they are an increasingly marginalised group in the polity. Try being gay in West Jerusalem on any Friday night.
    The extremists are going after women and they are patronised by the politicians. Collapse doesn’t happen overnight.

Most of the Jews in Hebron are religious too BTW . Jewish Hebron is a tough place to be an independent woman.

11. Taxi says:

Buying promotional condoms wholesale is cheap. I ought to counter this and give out free condoms that say “F*ck Israel”.

I’d like to give them out at a pro-israel rally.

12. I was concerned that this fellow is someone that looks like a gentleman which could earn him some credibility points with the average Joe but all I see is a sh*thead of a slob. Phew!

13. eljay says:

The slogan should read: “Supremacist Jews Say ‘F*ck You!’”

14. Ecru says:

Question : how do condoms work for that whole “demographic threat” thing the Israeli Jews are so paranoid about? Here’s an idea, let’s get a whole batch and hand them out at Israeli universities and beach parties – think anyone will mind?

15. Taxi says:

Hey I met some very rude israelis in Ibiza, about fifteen years ago. Didn’t like them at all. I wasn’t the only one. Seemed like the whole island was avoiding partying with them cuz they’ve long established a reputation for being arrogant, pushy and loud – and it’s amplified in hipster locations like Ibiza, Goa and Bondi Beach cuz fresh-faced idf-ers on army leave don’t seem to be able to handle their recreational drink and drugs, itching instead for their preferred daily fix of dominating the ‘other’.

I can only think that visitors to Ibiza who took these freebie condoms musta laughed their pants off, literally…. no doubt making balloon animals outta them zio condoms instead of using them as an aphrodisiacal aid. Be mindful here that your average narcissist euro youth is more informed on the I/P than our narcissist American youth, often associating israel with Apartheid.

• Shingo says:

Fat chance they’d have of getting away with that at Bondi. I haven’t heard about them making a nuisance of themselves there, but I’ll be sure to keep my ears to the ground.

Excellent point, but it goes to show the sterro typical tone deafness of the Zios.

• Taxi says:

Shingo,

A few years back I went to Oz, stayed in Byron Bay (@ East On Byron) and in Bondi (@ the Crowne Plaza/Coogee Beach). On Coogee Beach, a ‘situation’ almost got out of hand when a group of five young israeli tourists, all guys clearly drunk, were obnoxiously getting into people’s faces with their cameras saying sh*t like “can I shooooooooooot you with my camera” and falling over with laughter. Well it got a bit sticky when a couple of young Oz surfers with girlfriends told them to “go back to where you came from you bloody idiots”, to which one israeli responded with “aryan scum” and spat on the belly of one of the surfers. Some cussing, some pushing and shoving and suddenly lifeguards and aging surfers interfered and broke it off. The israeli tourists refused to leave the beach when the lifeguards asked them to and so the beach police had to be called in. At first, the israelis tried to play the antisemite card and the police were buying into it till they heard about the spitting from the surfers and their girlfriends. The police asked the surfers if they wanted to press charges and the surfers said no, but they would appreciate an apology. The spitter objected to apologizing and the police told him that they would arrest him unless he did it. The spitter conferred with his gang in angry hebrew and they were all upset and unsteady but eventually the spitter apologized. The police gave the israelis 5 minutes to pick up their beach belongings and leave the beach. Which they did, huffing and puffing and cussing in Arabic.

All the while I was sat nearby sunning my buns and smiling.

• eljay says:

>> At first, the israelis tried to play the antisemite card …

Is there any scenario that doesn’t trigger the playing of the anti-Semite card?!
          - The cashier won’t honour an expired coupon.
          - The video rental shop wants to charge you a late-return fee for a late return.
          - You want one of the limited-quantity, first-come-first-served items that were available yesterday, but the store doesn’t have any left.
          - After finishing your meal, you complain about the food and say you won’t pay for it.
          - You and your co-collectivists use terrorism and ethnic cleansing to create an oppressive, colonialist, expansionist and supremacist state.

• Shingo says:

Thanks for the story Taxi,

I almost wish those idiots had picked a fight with a couple of Samoans or Mauris – they would have ended in pieces.

I certainly haven’t heard of any Israelis making a nuisance of themselves at Bondi, and for good reason. Bondi is a melting pot and an has a strong Jewish presence. There is an important Syangogue there and an Orthodox Jewish Community of strong leaders who wouldn’t put up with that shit for very long.

While what you describe does not sound like atypical behavior of young Israelis, I must confess to never seeing or hearing about it. I am pretty sure what you describe is common around Ibiza.

If you’re ever back in Sydney, promise to let me know. I would love to catch up.

• Taxi says:

Shingo,

I was soulfully attracted to the Oz landscape as a teen after watching ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ and ‘Walkabout’. I was so thrilled to finally visit it as an adult, though my time and movements there were limited and I never got a chance to go into the Bush. I went to Oz with a friend who’s an American surfing champion so my outings really were dependent on his surfing schedule. I badly want to go back and explore it further. Also, my oldest female bosom-buddy is from Oz: we spent our youth together in London where she still lives. We’ve been trying to plan a trip there together for like 20 years hahahaha – don’t you worry, I’ll get there eventually and first on my itinerary would be to look you up in Sydney, dearest Shingo.

• hey, i spent some time there myself. first sygney then byron bay and then settled in a place called mullumbimby, lived there for awhile w/my son and some people on a beautiful piece of land. to many stories..but none of israelis.

my return trip was to the west coast, around margaret river for a few months. and york. that was when we invaded iraq. i’ll never forget. loved aussies. i’d move there if it weren’t for my mom.

• Djinn says:

If you (or pretty much anyone on this board not of the zionism excuses everything persuasion) ever head further south to Victoria I’d be happy to play tour guide, love showing this place off, it’s a beautiful country.

• Shingo says:

I look forward to it Taxi.

• Taxi says:

Djinn, Shingo, and all the sunny anti-zionist folks Down-Under, you guys are the greatest! Thank you.

• gamal says:

Victoria is very beautiful and everywhere one is told, for instance at official functions, this is i think a bellwheather issue there, that it is now and always will be Wurunjeri land, everyone claps, i did the first couple of times, at talks at Melbourne UNI, then i thought wait a minute i’ll clap when they either give it back, whatever that might mean, or at least give the Wurunjeri some say in its use, perhaps a little royalty. Apart from the peculiarly racist discourse that is common place in those Ozzie environments I have been in I would have to say that i am pretty impressed with Australians they are often extraordinarily generous and good-hearted.

I saw John Pilger speak at a campus in Melbourne, he thinks you are in a dire situation, so see you all down at the barricades, eventually.

• Shingo says:

Yes, there is racism, though some of it treads a fine line between racism and backhanded/self-effacing humor. We still have a ways to go to becoming truly multicultural like London.

• Djinn says:

Gamal, no disagreement with anything you’ve said (although to clarify not all of Victoria is Wurrundjeri land, which covers Melbourne mostly but overall is a small area of the state) I think this is a *physically* beautiful country but I am far more circumspect about the people & polity.

• gamal says:

you are of course right, I am very aspirational and the fact is I was quite impressed by some Aussies i no longer feel able to associate with, but still they had many very good qualities from my limited pov.

The young Arabs and Turks around Roxy and Broady were very Australian, arabic spoken with a distinct strine twang is very charming, Turkish as well.

I know plenty of Sri Lankans who will tell you at length about the fecklessness of Aboriginal Australians, there is no black consciousness, as you find for instance in UK immigrant communities, it seems to be confined to the Aboriginal peoples, i met Gary Foley, he is now a History PhD at I think Melbourne Uni if such exists, and others I Liked them tough, clear sighted, brave and full of compassion, just like resistors everywhere.

I didnt think the Wurundjeri had conquerored all of Australia, but thanks, i am an ignorant git, truth be told.

16. joer says:

It’s funny how they keep up with the times. When I was in high school they were pushing Israeli folk dancing, and some kids in the granola, flannel shirt crowd bought into it. Now they are obnoxious hipsters/psuedo-artists. But the problem is they are both fake. When I was in high school I knew those folk dances weren’t real folk dances-that they were invented in the previous few decades because Zionists thought a country should have folk dances. They didn’t develop naturally over centuries like-Palestinian folk dances, for instance. This Dershowitz guy is just as phony. It’s not authentic graffiti-at least in the hipster context-if you are doing it to please the authorities.

• Chu says:

I agree. It’s just phony. This guy Dershowitz doesn’t even believe in what he is saying. I could do a better job promoting Israel.
      And that is not to say that there are not young Zionist loonies that are out there. Take a trip to the NY Israel parade and you’ll see an array of youth all cheering for Israel. But it’s like a aggressive sport, or any controversial topic/live debate regarding Israel they come out of the woodwork, all demented when they get together (ziocane).

• seafoid says:

Good point. They developed the zionist mawwal- “the world hates us, you are all antisemitic”- but it’s also fake

Israel is predominantly fake, in fact. The language, the “Jewish values”, the history, the negotiating position etc ad nauseum

17. Talkback says:

Condoms should read:

Israel loves to fuck you.

18. I can’t help but laff – what’s the slang term for a condom?

And only the most terminally-desperate Likudist hasbara trolls would that that’s the suitable medium for their dubious “message.”

19. seafoid says:

Why Zionism sickens me part 5634

link to haaretz.com

“Two days after unidentified assailants slashed the tires of 28 cars and daubed hate slogans on homes in the Israeli Arab village of Abu Ghosh, the victims of the attacks – believed to have been carried out by Jewish extremists – voiced dismay that they are ineligible for compensation from the state.
    One of the families targeted by the “price tag” attack lamented that all four of the cars in its possession have been vandalized, including a luxury jeep. The cost to repair the latter vehicle could amount to NIS 5,000 per tire.
    Last week the government decided against defining as acts of terrorism these hate crimes perpetrated against Arabs, asserting instead that the assailants would be treated as members of illegal organizations.
    According to jurists, this decision deems the victims of such crimes ineligible for compensation from the state. While those who possess comprehensive insurance may be reimbursed, most of the families and individuals targeted must cover the costs themselves.
    Only in rare instances does the state pay for the damage, says Michael Sfard, an attorney who has represented hundreds of victims of hate and revenge crimes. Most of his clients were Palestinian farmers whose trees were uprooted by settlers.
    On occasion, instead of receiving compensation from the state, the victims are handed a bill. Three months ago four cars in the northern village of Akbara were torched. A few days later, the owners of the vehicles were asked to pay for the firefighters’ services – NIS 400 per car.
    “Clearly no one would have dared to send a receipt to the victims of Arab terrorism,” said Gadi Gvaryahu, the founder of Tag Meir, a coalition of groups advocating for the rights of “price tag” victims. “The State of Israel must recognize victims of Jewish terrorism the same way it recognize victims of terrorism perpetrated by Arabs.”
    Gvaryahu noted the case of Hassan Usruf, a contract worker employed by the Tel Aviv municipality who fell victim to nationalistically-motivated violence in February. He has since been unable to return to work due to his wounds. The National Insurance Institute of Israel has paid him a partial salary for three months, but afterwards his family was left without an income.
    “Everyone tells me that everything will be fine, but since the incident I’m scraping by, trying to find a solution,” Usruf’s wife, Marian, said. “

• a blah chick says:

This reminds me of a story I read maybe ten or fifteen years ago. An Israeli Palestinian woman, who had witnessed a suicide bombing, decided to take advantage of some mental health service the state provided for victims of terrorism. Only when she showed up at the clinic the doctor was incredulous, why was she here? She was an Arab and everyone knows they cannot be traumatised by terrorism!

That’s how bad the racism had gotten there.

• john h says:

And you’ve got 5633 other posts with stories like this?

20. Chu says:

I like the video. ‘with the ‘top artists in the world’ featuring Ski of Brooklyn and Bis Ismo of Puerto Rican hertitage. Top graffiti artists? Their sketch of the ‘Temple’ is really stylin’ – looks like a rendering for a laser-tag stadium. World class, eh? Just like Israel is world class.

But hey, when you love your dog Knuckles so much, you may go to any length to secure funds for his rescue from the evil girlfriend that stole him. This guy is in a bad position and the Zionists are exploiting his situation!

21. A very opposite message appears at link to tinyurl.com

It says “Fuck Israel – it’s a Nazi state.”

For millions of occupied Palestinians, Israel indeed appears as a Nazi state, straight out of the 1930′s. Israel even forces a Warsaw Ghetto existence onto the Gaza Strip, which it blockades and massacres at will.

Now, about the “democracy” angle. The fact that Israel’s settler population votes to maintain this torture against Palestinians is not a cause for the victims to celebrate. It is akin to white Mississippians voting for lynch law against the entire Black population, for so many bloody generations.

Occupation is the issue. Who will say that Palestinians are not suffering under a Nazi occupation today? Who will say the occupier state should be spared a boycott?

22. When picking a travel destination, I never once considered how “Down to Fuck” a country is or is not. Maybe I’m old fashioned though…

23. seafoid says:

I found this in my files

“Israel, having so many scientists and mathematicians and engineer, is obviously superior but is not invulnerable. In the future it will have to cope with much stronger adversaries, look at the math olympiad results of Iranians and look at the web pages of Sharif University which is not a Technion, nevertheless they are getting there slowly but surely.”

24. Citizen says:

Is there anyone more vulgar and unappealing in so many ways than guys like Dershowitz? His parents must be charms.

25. jimby says:

Ah, give the poor schmuck a break. He’s just trying to get laid.

26. My pal, Bernie the Attorney (secular humanist with Jewish mother), would always rail about how so many devoid of talent were rewarded by virtue of saying the right things about the “right” things.