In bid for Florida, Rubio says Trump is ‘anti-Israeli’ and a peace deal must wait 30 years

US Politics

Last night Israel policy and Donald Trump’s Islamophobia were frontburner topics in the Republican debate, with Marco Rubio saying that Trump is “anti-Israeli.” Rubio also said that there will be no peace deal between Israel and Palestine for another 30 years.

And today, Trump announced that he will be speaking at the Israel lobby group AIPAC’s DC conference in ten days.

It’s “striking how Israel has not come up so much in Dem debate. In GOP its Israel every time,” Alex Kane observes.

First, here’s Rubio’s latest: today, at a Florida synagogue. His home state is considered make or break for him. Foreign Policy:

Marco Rubio took to the podium at a synagogue in his home state of Florida Friday to caution voters against casting a ballot for Donald Trump, saying his positions are “anti-Israeli” and dangerous to American national security…

“It is unfortunate that in this election that the supposed frontrunner, Donald Trump, has said that on the issue of Palestinians and Israelis he will not take a side. Let me be abundantly clear, when I am president, we are going to take a side, and we are going to be on Israel’s side,” Rubio said. “As I said last night Mr. Trump perhaps does not understand that his position is in fact anti-Israeli.”

More on the Israel chatter below. But let’s catch up with Trump’s Islamophobia. On Wednesday Donald Trump told Anderson Cooper on CNN:

Cooper: In Islam itself?

You’re going to have to figure that out, OK… But there is a tremendous hatred. And we have to be very vigilant we have to be very careful. And we can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States.

[Cooper asks whether this is a war with radical Islam or with Islam?]

It’s radical but it’s very hard to define, it’s very hard to separate, because you don’t know who’s who.

CNN’s transcript of last night’s debate. Jake Tapper asked, “Last night, you told CNN quote, ‘Islam hates us?’ Did you mean all 1.6 billion Muslims?”

I mean a lot of them. I mean a lot of them…

Well, you know, I’ve been watching the debate today. And they’re talking about radical Islamic terrorism or radical Islam. But I will tell you this. There’s something going on that maybe you don’t know about, maybe a lot of other people don’t know about, but there’s tremendous hatred. And I will stick with exactly what I said to Anderson Cooper.

Stephen Dinan of Washington Times quizzed Rubio about the matter.  Rubio:

Well, let me say, I know that a lot of people find appeal in the things Donald says cause he says what people wish they could say. The problem is, presidents can’t just say anything they want. It has consequences, here and around the world. And so let me give you one. Two days ago, I met this extraordinary couple who were on furlough because they are missionaries in Bangladesh. It’s a very tough place to be a missionary. It’s Muslim.

And their safety and security very much relies upon friendly Muslims that live along side them, that may not convert, but protect them and certainly look out for them. And their mission field really are Muslims that are looking to convert to Christianity as well. And they tell me that today they have a very hostile environment in which to operate in because the news is coming out that in America, leading political figures are saying that America doesn’t like Muslims. So this is a real impact. There’s no doubt that radical Islam is a danger in the world.

I can also tell you if you go to any national cemetery, especially Arlington, you’re going to see crescent moons there. If you go anywhere in the world you’re going see American men and women serving us in uniform that are Muslims.

And they love America. And as far as I know, no one on this stage has served in uniform in the United States military. Anyone out there that has the uniform of the United States on and is willing to die for this country is someone that loves America. No matter what their religious background may be.

Trump responded:

Marco talks about consequences. Well, we’ve had a lot of consequences, including airplanes flying into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and could have been the White House. There have been a lot of problems.

Now you can say what you want, and you can be politically correct if you want. I don’t want to be so politically correct. I like to solve problems. We have a serious, serious problem of hate.

There is tremendous hate. There is tremendous hate. Where large portions of a group of people, Islam, large portions want to use very, very harsh means. Let me go a step further. Women are treated horribly. You know that. You do know that. Women are treated horribly, and other things are happening that are very, very bad.

Now I will say this, there is tremendous hatred. The question was asked, what do you think? I said, there is hatred. Now it would be very easy for me to say something differently. And everybody would say, oh, isn’t that wonderful…

We better solve the problem before it’s too late.

The debate then moved on to Israel, with Donald Trump saying that while he is very pro-Israel, he aims to be neutral in his comments on the conflict so as not to damage his ability to make a deal. Trump said that his daughter and son-in-law are Jewish and that he has many Jewish friends in New York who are tough but also want a deal cut between Israel and Palestine. Trump:

First of all, there’s nobody on this stage that’s more pro Israel than I am. OK. There’s nobody. I am pro-Israel. I was the grand marshall, not so long ago, of the Israeli Day Parade down 5th avenue. I’ve made massive contributions to Israel. I have a lot of — I have tremendous love for Israel. I happen to have a son-in-law and a daughter that are Jewish, OK? And two grandchildren that are Jewish.

But I will tell you, I think if we’re going to ever negotiate a peace settlement, which every Israeli wants, and I’ve spoken to the toughest and the sharpest, they all want peace, I think it would be much more helpful is — I’m a negotiator. If I go in, I’ll say I’m pro-Israel and I’ve told that to everybody and anybody that would listen.

But I would like to at least have the other side think I’m somewhat neutral as to them, so that we can maybe get a deal done. Maybe we can get a deal. I think it’s probably the toughest negotiation of all time. But maybe we can get a deal done.

Rubio responded by saying that Donald Trump has an anti-Israeli policy. He called the West Bank “Judea and Samaria,” biblical names; and he said a peace deal is not possible for another 30 years.

The policy Donald has outlined, I don’t know if he realizes, is an anti-Israeli policy. Maybe that’s not your intent but here’s why it is an anti-Israeli policy. There is no peace deal possible with the Palestinians at this moment. There just isn’t.Because there’s no one to negotiate with. The Palestinian Authority is not interested in a serious deal and they are now in union with Hamas, an organization whose specific purpose is the destruction of the Jewish state. Every time that Israel has turned over territory of any kind, be is Gaza, or now in Judea and Sumaria, it is used as a launching pad to attack Israel. And that’s what will happen again.

These groups are not interested in a deal with Israel. What they are interested in is ultimately removing the Jewish state and occupying its entire territory.

So maybe in 30 years the conditions will exist, but they do not exist now.

And to have a president forcing the Israelis to the table is harmful to the Israeli and emboldens Israel’s enemies.

Trump got to respond:

If I become president of the United States, one of the things that will be an absolute priority is number one, protection of Israel, but also seeing if a deal can be made, the toughest deal, the toughest negotiation there probably is of any kind no matter where you look, no matter how hard you look.

But I would like to give it a shot. Very, very pro-Israel, nobody more pro-Israel. But I would love to give it a shot. And I have to tell you this, Hugh. I have friends, Israelis, non-Israelis, people from New York City that happen to be Jewish and love Israel, and some are very tough people, every single one of them, they know it’s tough, but every single one of them wants to see if we could ever have peace in Israel.

And some believe it’s possible. It may not be, in which case we’ll find out. But it would be a priority if I become president to see what I could do.

Ted Cruz got in on the action, too:

Thanks to Adam Horowitz.

1. Steve Grover
    March 11, 2016, 2:40 pm

I’m not a fan of Trump. As the smart negotiator that he sez he is, he will see that their ain’t a damn thing in a deal that wouldn’t make Joe six pack Israeli regret the deal for the rest of their lives. He’ll see what the Palestinians are like in their negotiations just like Willy Clinton did and he’ll say “fuck ’em, I’m moving the embassy to Jerusalem the Capitol of Israel”. Rubio or Cruz or Kasich will do it without going thru the bull shit first.

• amigo
      March 11, 2016, 3:02 pm

“He’ll see what the Palestinians are like in their negotiations just like Willy Clinton did and he’ll say “fuck ’em, I’m moving the embassy to Jerusalem the Capitol of IsraeL.” steve grover.

“He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.”Genesis 28.12

• WH
      March 11, 2016, 3:23 pm

I didn’t know there was a Capitol in Israel.

• amigo
        March 11, 2016, 4:01 pm

“I didn’t know there was a Capitol in Israel.”WH

Sure there is. It,s Tel Aviv.

• echinococcus
        March 11, 2016, 4:14 pm

Amigo,

I’ll pretend to be blind –you shoot it out with RoHa.

• amigo
        March 12, 2016, 5:43 am

echinococcus

“Amigo,

I’ll pretend to be blind –you shoot it out with RoHa.”

That,s very capital of you.

• YoniFalic
        March 12, 2016, 10:24 am

In history there is Aelia Capitolina, which was a Roman part of Jerusalem.

• hippocrasy
        March 12, 2016, 7:24 pm

Yes it Washington DC

• MHughes976
        March 14, 2016, 7:04 am

The architecture of Washington DC, the capital with a Capitol, has always screamed ‘This is the new Rome and don’t you forget it!’ to me.

• inbound39
      March 13, 2016, 6:13 pm

If you are backing Rubio then you are backing a Zionist Puppet who does not place American Interests first he puts Israel first as his major funder Sheldon Adelson has told him. Rubio also made a statement recently that a Palestinian State weakens Israel. What a load of BS……STAND BACK AND LOOK OBJECTIVELY. It is Israels ongoing illegal Occupation and illegal settlement and sabotage of a Palestinian State that is causing it to lose almost total World support and billions of dollars per annum and that loss is growing. If Israel honoured its obligations and rolled back to within its declared borders of 1948,its only legally recognized borders it would gain morw support and instead of people divesting they would be investing if Israel allowed and sttod out of the way of a Palestinian State. That by anyones view would strengthen Israel. To continue as it is….taking more land and ethnically cleansing more Palestinians will assign Israel to definite failure. The proof is there to see.

• eljay
      March 13, 2016, 7:27 pm

|| Steve Grover: I’m not a fan of Trump. As the smart negotiator that he sez he is … he’ll say “fuck ’em, I’m moving the embassy to Jerusalem the Capitol of Israel”. … ||

Moving the capital of Israel from Tel Aviv to the militarily-occupied Free City of Jerusalem isn’t a negotiation tactic – it’s an act of injustice and immorality.

It’s exactly the sort of dick move a Zio-supremacist would make.

2. jon s
    March 11, 2016, 2:42 pm

Chemi Shalev’s fantasy: President Trump saves the Israeli Left…

link to haaretz.com

• Krauss
      March 11, 2016, 3:02 pm

Thanks for the hilarity. Chalev is an entertaining clown. You’ve grown accustomed to a lot of delusional idiots in the Israeli press – especially people who consider themselves “liberal” but are anything but, like him – but he is often in his own category, sort of like the Israeli Tom Friedman.

The recent Pew study on Israel showed 97% opposed intermarriage among Israeli Jews. You don’t get to those massive margins without huge buy-in among so-called “liberals”. Chalev and the rest of the Israeli “left” are good examples.

3. Krauss
    March 11, 2016, 3:03 pm

Oh, Rubio. The brown puppet of the neocon establishment. He finally shows his true colors and goes to his base: the Zionist donor class.

This is why Max Boot and the rest of the Israel Firsters were all on board on his train. This is what Braman paid millions of dollars for.

Watching Rubio die in a fire has been highly enjoyable. Now I just hope for a massive blowout in Florida. Bury him once and for all.

4. amigo
    March 11, 2016, 3:10 pm

jons –if you had read the article you would realise it not meant to be serious.

Write 1000 times!.

I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems .

There you go Jon S .Only 990 to go.

March 11, 2016, 3:24 pm

“I must work on my comprehension problems .I must work on my comprehension problems “

Amigo, that’s just plain mean. I’m certain you know what a huge risk that would entail for “Jon s”. A little bit of comprehension might prove fatal!

• amigo
        March 11, 2016, 3:58 pm

“Amigo, that’s just plain mean.”Mooser

Mooser, I am concerned about Jon S,s students but ok , I can compromise!!.

Make it 500 Teach.

• jon s
      March 12, 2016, 2:09 am

amigo, I wrote “Chemi Shalev’s fantasy”. I repeat: fantasy.
      Looks like you’re the one with comprehension problems.

5. WH
    March 11, 2016, 3:22 pm

March 11, 2016, 9:10 pm

“Trump’s endless repetition of very basic formulations is really reminiscent of senile dementia.”

Ever since Reagen, being coddled through senescence has been the American Dream.

• rugal_b
        March 13, 2016, 3:29 pm

American Dream…as if the folks in all other nations dream of living a sad life full of misery and sorrow.

• echinococcus
        March 13, 2016, 4:39 pm

l’ll be danged. I actually loved that quip by rugal.

6. kalithea
    March 11, 2016, 6:18 pm

So this article makes me wonder: are we supposed to read the tea leaves on what Trump is really thinking in regards to his Israel policy or project our hopes on what he might do once he’s President? He loves Israel tremendously and his son-in-law is a Zionist and his grandchildren are Jewish….blah,blah,blah.

I have only to see how protesters are treated at his rallies. He accuses protesters of being violent, but journalists are denying this; even CNN journalists are denying this is true. But true to form: he’s a bald-faced liar. He thinks it’s appropriate that the audience swings at protestors. He incites his audience to punch a protestor in the face and assures he would pay the legal bills.

Do you really think that this man would broker a just deal for Palestinians? Or, more than likely, will it be a deal to make himself look like king of the world that he’ll try to shove down their throats by starving them or resorting to some other fascist coercion?

Like I said: Once Trump gets rid of Rubio, and that’s allllll he’s good for in this race; let him self destruct! Trump self-destructing will be my dream come true as far as the American icon of materialism is concerned.

March 13, 2016, 2:07 pm

Trump stepped on the big taboo by declaring, for the most practical reason imaginable, as a broker he would take a neutral stance between the negotiating parties (with verbal Valentine hearts for Israel as book ends). For this, he’s been painted as Hitler by US main media and both main parties and most of the internet’s alternative media and organizations.

• rugal_b
        March 13, 2016, 3:37 pm

Trump’s words mean nothing. He is one of the last figureheads of white America, who is akin to a cyst coming to a head before drying up and flaking of the body. He can do and say whatever he likes but he needs to purged sooner or later for society to move forward past the era of White Supremacy.

• echinococcus
        March 14, 2016, 7:03 am

In fact, anyone who is jake with voting “for the lesser evil” and prioritizes our imperialism (not just Palestine) should in all logic be voting for Trump. He has uttered the only, albeit raving mad and inconsistent, criticism of the Zionist lobby and the US wars of aggression.
        This, by the way, is more an indictment of the “vote the lesser evil” abomination than anything else.

March 14, 2016, 7:55 am

@rugal_b

Yeah, those whiteheads need to be popped; I hear Clearasil helps a lot.

7. kalithea
    March 11, 2016, 7:48 pm

I just watched the protests at Trump’s Chicago rally and I’ve come to the realization that Trump is not only a means to get rid of Rubio, but he actually accomplished something fantastic: he’s united and mobilized blacks, Muslims and Latinos in mass spontaneous protest against his racism and bigotry and that of a large chunk of the American populace. I’m ecstatic!

Maybe this is the birth of his self-destruction; one can only dream.

March 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

Eye witness account of Chicago rally: link to reddit.com

PS, anyone notice the young black protester with the side-ays cap who threw the punch at said rally? Repeatedly shown on TV same as the old white guy who did.

Some protesters at rally said they were Bernie fans, trying to talk former Bernie fans out of their switch.

8. kalithea
    March 11, 2016, 8:29 pm

Here’s the typical Trump supporter that Trump has been egging on.:

link to twitter.com

March 13, 2016, 2:19 pm

There were a lot of families at Trump rallies, including grandparents, parents and children. They don’t all have Confederate flags at home. Do you blame the entire Rust Belt condition on white racists? Bernie and Trump share many attractions.

9. jsinton
    March 11, 2016, 8:55 pm

Rubio is about to get stomped in his home state of Florida, and it’s my sense his establishment/neocon/Zionist credentials are a HUGE factor in his demise. So we’ll say good-bye to Mr. Rubio next week. That will leave Cruz and Trump, and the establishment HATES Cruz almost as much as they hate Trump, so the establishment will be in total confusion about what to do next. Hopefully, we’ll wind up with Trump on top, and of course he won’t get votes from blacks, browns, Muslims, or more than half the white people out there…. so a Democratic president is almost assured, allowing that the establishment doesn’t create a military coup or something.

• yonah fredman
      March 12, 2016, 3:45 am

jsinton- Rubio’s weakness has about zero to do with his Zionist credentials. He is a weak candidate, in a year filled with weak candidates.

I predict that if Trump wins the republican nomination he will get more than 50% of the white vote. Romney got 59% of the white vote.

link to ropercenter.cornell.edu

Trump will get between 53% and 59% of the white vote. He will certainly get more than 50% of the white vote. Hillary is a very weak candidate. Not weak enough to lose (probably) (I hope) but certainly she will not win the white vote and Trump will get more than 50% of the white vote.

• Marnie
        March 12, 2016, 11:54 pm

You predict Trump will get more than 50% of the white vote. That slogan of his “Make America Hate Again” is really catching fire.

March 13, 2016, 2:31 pm

Hillary will win because the demographics are with her: 75% of browns, 95% of blacks, 85% women over age 30, 99% gay community, & 40% white males (including government workers).

• yonah fredman
        March 14, 2016, 4:01 am

citizen- Hillary will NOT receive 85% of the vote of women over 30. Maybe 65%. Maybe.

• Marnie
      March 12, 2016, 9:29 am

How about the mess with the last elections? All the bogus worry about so-called voter fraud which basically never occurs, shortening the hours at poling stations, etc., all to discourage and disenfranchise any ethnicity outside of vanilla.

10. Kay24
    March 12, 2016, 8:43 am

So in retaliation for some rockets being sent into an open field, neither injuring nor killing anyone, the zionists show their violence by bombing part of Gaza, killing little children.
    Will Biden condemn the killing of little children?

“A Palestinian boy and his sister were killed in Hamas-controlled Gaza on Saturday when they were hit by fragments from a missile fired by an Israeli aircraft, medical officials said.

The incident took place hours after militants launched rockets into Israel.

An Israeli military statement said aircraft had targeted four militant training camps belonging to Hamas after four missiles landed in open areas in southern Israel on Friday night. No casualties were reported from the rocket strikes.

Residents of Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip said Yassin Abu Khoussa, 10, died after debris from the explosion hit his home, which is situated next to a militant training camp.

His six-year-old sister, Israa, who was seriously wounded, later died in hospital, Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf Al-Qidra said.

The fatalities from air strikes in Gaza were the first since last October. The Israeli army said that since the beginning of the year and including Friday’s salvo, seven rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel.

Israeli military spokesman Lieutant-Colonel Peter Lerner said the rocket strike was an effort by militants to “threaten the security and safety of the people of southern Israel. The (military) will continue to act to protect against those who threaten innocent lives and Israel’s sovereignty.”

Gaza rocket fire has tapered off significantly since the 2014 war when militants fired thousands of rockets and mortar rounds into Israel. Israeli attacks killed more than 2,100 Palestinians, mostly civilians, while Palestinian fighters killed six Israeli civilians and 67 soldiers.

Beset by a months-long surge of street attacks by Palestinians from the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem, Israel has little desire to see a new flare-up in Gaza, where Hamas has mostly held its fire in the past 18 months.” Reuters

Those zionists are ruthless, and love to kill babies.

• Marnie
      March 12, 2016, 9:35 am

“Those zionists are ruthless, and love to kill babies.”

Kay24, a reminder! Everyone knows only Israeli Jews have children and infants. Palestinians are born terrorists, so they’re never really meant to be seen as babies or children, they’re just very small terrorists. And the tinier the easier to ‘neutralize’ as the IOF has shown, time and again, they can’t handle a fighting force of combatants. They do their bravest work on civilians.

• Kay24
        March 12, 2016, 11:24 am

According to international agencies women and children died in larger numbers, during the last massacre in Gaza by the killers. It always look deliberate, considering they bombed UN shelters, and sent precision bombs into homes killing entire families, including children. It seem the outrage that we often hear from the US leadership when it comes to Israeli lives, are always muted when it comes to Palestinian children. I guess that is why we keep handing over weapons and ammunitions to the killers. during these massacres. This is a sickening situation, and once again, we blame must lie with the US, for enabling these ruthless killers.

• YoniFalic
      March 12, 2016, 10:15 am

Killing babies is a major component of the genocidal demographic war that the invaders wage on the natives.

March 13, 2016, 2:34 pm

IS ISIS engaged against genocide of Christians? What does ADL say? And, re genocide of Armenians Hitler noted everybody had forgotten? How about Rwanda?

• jon s
        March 14, 2016, 4:49 am

“love to kill babies…”
        Nice to see that the resident Anti-Semites are in agreement.

• eljay
        March 14, 2016, 7:16 am

|| jon s: “love to kill babies…” Nice to see that the resident Anti-Semites are in agreement. ||

I don’t believe that (the) Jews love to kill babies, but to Zio-supremacists killing babies is probably similar to ethnic cleansing: They cannot consistently say that killing babies is never necessary, although there are times when it is “currently not necessary”.

• Kay24
        March 14, 2016, 7:26 am

Jons, not nice to see drama kings accuse others of being anti-semitic, when stats show:

“The UN says the vast majority of Palestinian deaths are civilian. But figures from previous operations over the past six years in the densely populated Gaza Strip show it is not the first time civilians have paid a heavy price.

The overwhelming majority of those killed were Palestinians.
        The UN says at least 2,104 Palestinian died, including 1,462 civilians, of whom 495 WERE CHILDREN and 253 women.
        An Israeli government official told the BBC that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) had killed 1,000 “terrorists” during the assault on Gaza.

Israel also suffered casualties in the operation – 66 Israeli military personnel died, while six Israeli civilians and a Thai national were killed by rockets and mortars fired from Gaza.”

link to bbc.com

You have got to be in denial to not look at facts and realize that Israel kills ruthlessly and deliberately target civilians structures not caring if entire families are wiped out:

Officials in Gaza reported on Sunday that that during the seven weeks of fighting in the Gaza Strip, 89 entire families were killed by Israeli bombardments.

According to Gaza Health and Interior Ministry officials, the 89th family was added to the list on Sunday, when the Juda family – a woman and her four children — of Tel Azatar in the northern part of the Strip, was killed by in an air strike. Local reports say the house was struck without warning and the five were killed immediately.

Reports were also emerging from Gaza claiming that five people, including three children and their mother, were killed in IDF strike in the Tel A-Zatar neighborhood north of Gaza City. An Aircraft reportedly struck the Judeh family home without prior warning.

According to the Palestinian Health Ministry, 16 people were killed Sunday in the Gaza Strip, and another 52 were wounded, bringing the death toll to 2,120 people. Of these, 577 were children, 260 were women, and 101 were elderly people. The number of wounded has reached 10,850, of whom 3,300 are children, more than 2,000 are women and some 400 are elderly.

read more: link to haaretz.com

It seems zionists luckily did not lose a single kid.

Shame on you Jon s, for being in denial.

• oldgeezer
        March 14, 2016, 8:00 am

@jon s

Let’s pretend the dahiya doctrine doesn’t exist jon. You can argue that they don’t love it if you like but they sure don’t mind killing innocents, including babies. Not one bit. And every week we see more and more children added to the list. Soe of them murdered in cold blood ina truly vile manner.

• Marnie
        March 14, 2016, 8:46 am

@JonS –

One of the biggest antisemites is none other than your HaBayit HaYehudi girl, Ayelet Shaked.

Electronic Intifada
        Ali Abunimah Rights and Accountability 7 July 2014

Ayelet Shaked (Wikipedia)

Update, 8 May 2015

A day before Palestinian teenager Muhammad Abu Khudair was kidnapped and burned alive
        allegedly by six Israeli Jewish youths, Israeli lawmaker Ayelet Shaked published on Facebook a call for genocide of the Palestinians.

It is a call for genocide because it declares that “the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” and justifies its destruction, “including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.”

It is a call for genocide because it calls for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to “little snakes.”

If Shaked’s post does not meet the legal definition of a call for genocide then nothing does.

Shaked is a senior figure in the Habeyit Hayehudi (Jewish Home) party that is part of Israel’s ruling coalition.

Her post was shared more than one thousand times and received almost five thousand “Likes.”

Uri Elitzur, to whom she refers, and who died a few months ago, was leader of the settler movement and speechwriter and close advisor to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Here’s a translation of Shaked’s posting:

This is an article by the late Uri Elitzur, which was written 12 years ago, but remained unpublished. It is as relevant today as it was at the time.

The Palestinian people has declared war on us, and we must respond with war. Not an operation, not a slow-moving one, not low-intensity, not controlled escalation, no destruction of terror infrastructure, no targeted killings. Enough with the oblique references. This is a war. Words have meanings. This is a war. It is not a war against terror, and not a war against extremists, and not even a war against the Palestinian Authority. These too are forms of avoiding reality. This is a war between two people. Who is the enemy? The Palestinian people. Why? Ask them, they started.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for us to define reality with the simple words that language puts at our disposal. Why do we have to make up a new name for the war every other week, just to avoid calling it by its name. What’s so horrifying about understanding that the entire Palestinian people is the enemy? Every war is between two peoples, and in every war the people who started the war, that whole people, is the enemy. A declaration of war is not a war crime. Responding with war certainly is not. Nor is the use of the word “war”, nor a clear definition who the enemy is. Au contraire: the morality of war (yes, there is such a thing) is founded on the assumption that there are wars in this world, and that war is not the normal state of things, and that in wars the enemy is usually an entire people, including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.

And the morality of war knows that it is not possible to refrain from hurting enemy civilians. It does not condemn the British air force, which bombed and totally destroyed the German city of Dresden, or the US planes that destroyed the cities of Poland and wrecked half of Budapest, places whose wretched residents had never done a thing to America, but which had to be destroyed in order to win the war against evil. The morals of war do not require that Russia be brought to trial, though it bombs and destroys towns and neighborhoods in Chechnya. It does not denounce the UN Peacekeeping Forces for killing hundreds of civilians in Angola, nor the NATO forces who bombed Milosevic’s Belgrade, a city with a million civilians, elderly, babies, women, and children. The morals of war accept as correct in principle, not only politically, what America has done in Afghanistan, including the massive bombing of populated places, including the creation of a refugee stream of hundreds of thousands of people who escaped the horrors of war, for thousands of whom there is no home to return to.

And in our war this is sevenfold more correct, because the enemy soldiers hide out among the population, and it is only through its support that they can fight. Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. Actors in the war are those who incite in mosques, who write the murderous curricula for schools, who give shelter, who provide vehicles, and all those who honor and give them their moral support. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there.

There are celebrations of mourning and honor in two homes of two despicable murderers. I assume they have put up outdoor mourning structures, and all the dignitaries of the city come to honor the mother and father who raised the devil. Those two houses should be bombed from the air, with intention to destroy and to kill. And it should be announced that we will do this from now on to every home of every martyr.

There is nothing more just, and probably nothing more efficient. Every suicide attacker should know that he takes with him also his parents and his house and some of the neighbors. Every brave Um-Jihad who sends her son to hell should know she’s going with him, along with the house and everything inside it.”

Well JonS – is that antisemitic enough for YOU? She’s gotta be the IOF’s dream girl. She speaks their language, and the language of probably 97% of israelis. You too I bet. Crocodile tears of a hypocrite.

• Kay24
        March 14, 2016, 9:25 am

Here’s more Jon s. More babies being killed by those who you defend.

Typical hasbara ploy to call those criticizing the ruthless killing of children/babies by Israel
        anti-semitic. The zionists from their leaders to their minions in uniform seem to have a strange habit of killing children in large numbers.

link to dailymail.co.uk

• talknic
        March 14, 2016, 10:06 am

jon s “Nice to see that the resident Anti-Semites are in agreement

Statistics and Ayelet Shaked are Anti-semitic .. How interesting

March 14, 2016, 4:11 pm

“Nice to see that the resident Anti-Semites are in agreement.”

“jon s”, do you really have no idea how pathetic you are? “Anti-Semites”? With capital “A” and “S” and a hyphen, and that makes it official?

• Qualtrough
      March 12, 2016, 10:17 pm

@Kay24 – I doubt most of them love it, it’s more like something they don’t mind doing when they feel it necessary. For example, I am sure Ayelet Shaked probably would not love killing little snakes, but that wouldn’t stop her from doing so.

• MHughes976
        March 14, 2016, 7:30 am

The combination of remarks like Shaked’s and Shavit’s on Lydda with the actual reality of children’s deaths is certainly disturbing and suggests that there is some love of being ruthless at work. However, I agree with Qualtrough that we have to be careful in our reactions. Shaked may be a kind of monster – serpent even – but she’s also a human being, flesh of our flesh and spirit of our spirit. That’s a disturbing thought too.

• jon s
        March 14, 2016, 5:44 pm

Let me repeat what should be obvious: Innocent civilians -especially children – should never be deliberately targetted, by anyone, anywhere. Israelis or Palestinians, Jews, Christians, Muslims or whatever. Whether their names are Abu Khdeir or Dawabshe, Haran or Ohayon, or Fogel.

Ayelet Shaked is one of the most malevolent figures on the political scene here, and her incitement, cited by Marnie is inexcusable. Some Minister of Justice, what a sick joke…

• oldgeezer
        March 14, 2016, 6:18 pm

@jon s

On that we agree jon but as is often the case people decide in their own minds who is, or isn’t, an innocent civilian. Some claim that since a majority of Gazans support Hamas they can’t be considered innocents whereas the other side may say that no settler is an innocent. I don’t buy into either of those arguments for the purposes of inflicting physical harm or violence. Rather than derail the thread into a topic of who can be considered an innocent let me just say I believe, and agree with, you.

• Marnie
        March 15, 2016, 2:18 am

JonS 1.0 – ‘Nice to see that the resident Anti-Semites are in agreement.’

JonS 2.0 – ‘Let me repeat what should be obvious: Innocent civilians -especially children – should never be deliberately targetted, by anyone, anywhere.’

Which version is really JonS? Or is there a 3.0 coming out soon to clear it all up?

March 15, 2016, 11:39 am

“Jon s66” is one of the worst hypocrites I ever ever seen. It’s like some kind of hypocrisy freak show.

• jon s
        March 15, 2016, 4:50 pm

Marnie,
        Why is it so hard for you to understand that a person can be against deliberately harming civilians , and also not willing to excuse Anti-Semitism? Where is there any inconsistency?

March 15, 2016, 5:51 pm

“and also not willing to excuse Anti-Semitism?”

Wow, “Jon6s6”, when you put that capital “A” and “S”, with that classy “-” in between, we are talking “Trial at Nuremberg” all the way, huh?

• Marnie
        March 16, 2016, 8:22 am

JonS
        I don’t believe anything that comes off your keyboard. First the antisemitism remark, then after posting one of the most antisemitic rants from Ayelet ‘snake eyes’ Shaked, you go all Mr. Milquetoast with your ‘Gee, what I really meant was’ and posted more BS and then whine where’s the inconsistency? AYFKM? Your score today is a solid 100 on the MW bullshit-o-meter.

• jon s
        March 16, 2016, 3:58 pm

Marnie,
        I must admit that I’m stumped: You quoted Ayelet Shaked, I wrote that she’s a “malevolent” figure. Do you think that a person who opposes the fascistic tendencies represented by Shaked is supposed to make excuses for Anti-Semitism? Anyone who opposes racism and fascism and terrorism should do so regardless of where they’re coming from. That’s consistency.

March 16, 2016, 4:03 pm

” Do you think that a person who opposes the fascistic tendencies represented by Shaked”

Yeah, we’re supposed to be sooo impressed you are a nose-holder. You are a privileged American beneficiary of Zionist ethnic cleansing. But you pretend not to like it. And we are supposed to be impressed by some vague and meaningless “opposes” you pretend to? While you live off of it?

It’s still a whole lot better than coming back to the US and being an ordinary citizen. You would have to compete with all kinds of people.

• Marnie
        March 17, 2016, 12:45 am

JonS

“Marnie, I must admit I’m stumped.”

You’re going for the gold now. Sorry, no prizes. Just take comfort in the knowledge that your posts will last forever……and somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away, or closer, some life form will scratch something and say, “what a dick”.

• jon s
        March 17, 2016, 2:50 am

Marnie,
        You don’t actually have an answer, do you?
        Aside from just being nasty.

• Marnie
        March 17, 2016, 3:45 am

“You don’t actually have an answer, do you? Aside from just being nasty.” Now with the sweet talk? Please Jon, it’s so sudden and unexpected.

“Do you think that a person who opposes the fascistic tendencies represented by Shaked is supposed to make excuses for Anti-Semitism?” Shaked’s ‘fascistic tendencies’ – how positively quaint. Her evil isn’t a tendency, its very well incorporated. As far as your figuring out your self-created conundrum, here goes: You dog your girl for her ‘tendencies’, but you still sleep with her. You don’t have the courage to break up with her. Your criticism of her doesn’t absolve you of your blind, deadly allegience to the zionist god. You make me sick Jon. Antisemitism is a prop that you folks drag out at the drop of hat. You see it everywhere and in everyone. Folks like you are the biggest antisemites of all.

• jon s
        March 21, 2016, 4:31 pm

Marnie,
        I don’t see Anti-Semitism everywhere, but when I do see it -I call it.

As to Ayelet Shaked, you have more in common with her than I do, and I’m not referring to gender. I’m referring to the fanaticism and to the hatred.

March 21, 2016, 6:41 pm

“I don’t see Anti-Semitism everywhere, but when I do see it -I call it. “

And “jon s” will go on calling out antisemitism (oh whooops, sorry “Anti-Semitism”) as long as Mondo gives him space to do it!!

And that’s the only thing, Mondo refusing to publish his comments, which ever stop him!

Hey “Jon s” we have an antisemite here who says Jews have a “group consciousness” and an “ethnic identity” !! Go get him. His name is “Yonah” Call him out!

March 21, 2016, 6:44 pm

“As to Ayelet Shaked, you have more in common with her than I do, and I’m not referring to gender. I’m referring to the fanaticism and to the hatred “

I apologize for “Jon s”. He has funny ideas about acceptable ways to communicate. After all, as an American living in Israel, he expects everybody to treat him like a King!

“You have more in common with her than I do”

“Jon s” I keep on telling you that, you are not really an Israeli, you are an American who (for reasons which when contemplated would prove extremely emetic, but let it pass) playing at being an Israeli Get out while you still can. Lemme tell you, pal, I wouldn’t want to be stuck over there in your position, despised by everyone else. Keep your passport warmed up.

• yonah fredman
        March 21, 2016, 8:39 pm

Moose, on the issue of spelling, antisemitism is spelled different ways, how come sometimes you spell shmuel and other times schmuel. I’d call you a twit but my vowels are all confused.

I was thinking about jews and ethnicity, and considering that the vast majority of jews do not live in the same region as their great grandparents did (1880 was the start of the great migration) I would think that group consciousness, definitely, and ethnicity, probably are in flux. Although Israel has tried and succeeded in melding a mongrel nation, unpretty term the mixing of mizrachi and ashkenazi jews, certainly in 1881 and 1948, one could not include the yidden of Europe and the yehudim of the Levant (oscar, no) as one ethnic group, but maybe two. True when the ostjuden went west (as advised by hershel Gorelick) the acculturated hebrew mosaics, you know the kind, said, these smelly pushy superstitious kikes, I have nothing in common with them, kind of like what a certain Harvard educated blogger has to say abou who shirk ed the fount, could point to the new Christians and say, who does he think he’s fooling. But america has been different and here history has been kind and I hope it will remain kind despite the rage brewing revealed by the Trump phenomenon.

To get back to my point: read Nora efron and tell me that a Jewish ethnicity did not exist, watch abby and ilana on broad city and tell me that Jewish ethnicity does not exist. (Lena Dunham on the other hand does not strike me as very Jewish, although mathemical numerator and denominators get me in trouble.)

Very few American jews born after wwII have a good Yiddish like you and as the lower east side is a page of history the ethnic identity which politicians (practical) and sociologists (academics) recognized without thinking twice as late as glaser in the 60’s, is less relevant today a half a century later and an alternate history (other than Chabon’s book about Yiddish alaska) of what Jewish America would have been like without a 1967 and an Israel, I guess we all would have been deracinated jews like a certain Harvard blogger with a smattering of Yiddish foul mouths like Howard stern, only ignorant in the language except for shmuck putz shlong and
        nafka.

Tribalism is a dirty word. It conjures visions of genital mutilation (remember the film within a film from duddy kravitz, who according to you was no jew because there is no Jewish ethnicity), even worse it conjures insularity, xenophobia, expulsions, wars, discrimination, narrow mindedness. But the homogenized view of humanity presented on star trek is a bit bland to my taste buds and the authenticity and intensity of the lower east side is preferable to the visions of wonder bread and mayonaisse that deracination seems to offer.

Personally my attachment to the land others call falestin and I call israel, is 3 fold. Jerusalem, Al quds, is one of my favorite spots on the globe. There are some five million plus hebrew speaking yehudim/yidden who live there and were planted there by the events of the first half of last century (as embodied by my cousins who would have never have been born if not for the Zionist refuge in the 30’s)
        And third: my four siblings, their kids and grandkids (pooh, pooh, pooh) (and not winnie) live there. These three personal connections: my love for

March 21, 2016, 9:50 pm

“Tribalism is a dirty word. It conjures visions of genital mutilation”

Haven’t given that up, have we? In fact, they weren’t satisfied, with mere circumcision, they made it more extreme.

“I’d call you a twit but my bowels are all confused.”

A narrow escape for me.

As for the rest, ‘tldr’. Meaningless blather. It’s no excuse for misusing what the US has given us. It hasn’t given that to everybody, you know.

11. brent
    March 12, 2016, 12:01 pm

Trump is off the wall in many ways. However, he has said something important that I don’t see being picked up on. He says over and over we need to figure out what is going on, get to the bottom of the hostility toward America. Bush said it was because we are free. Seems Trump is opening the door to an important conversation.

• conservomom
      March 12, 2016, 8:02 pm

Clearly there is so much hostility towards America because we’re killing people all over the globe.

March 13, 2016, 2:38 pm

Can you say PNAC?

March 13, 2016, 2:38 pm

@ brent

Conversation will never take place because it’s the elephant in the room: Israel. 9/11 Commission actually said so, but pubic version made it generic, attributing it to US foreign policy.

12. kalithea
    March 12, 2016, 12:35 pm

So a bit OT but on the subject of these primaries:

Hillarybots are siding with Trump on the Chicago protests pointing the finger at Bernie’s supporters, denigrating them for having the reverse effect on Trump’s campaign with the protests yesterday. But the truth is that protesters came from many groups: Black Lives Matter, Moveon, Latino Community and Muslim Community. So then Hillarybots are saying that all these groups as a majority are voting for Bernie, right? Well here’s the thing they are right about: Bernie’s supporters are courageous, motivated and truly represent the progressive spirit in rising up to condemn hate when they see it and corruption in a rigged system.

This wasn’t an effort to shut down free speech; this was a unified effort to condemn hate and the threat of oppression in all its forms which is how the entire country should be reacting to the future Trump fascist state. This is not the time for Hillarybots to be politicizing anything! This is a time to stop the Trump Train christened:

MAKE AMERIKKKA GREAT AGAIN – you know, as in moving backwards.

March 13, 2016, 2:50 pm

There’s no need for the First Amendment’s free speech mandate so long as one agrees with what’s being said. I think both Bernie and Trump appeal to those who feel, have felt for a long time, that neither party does anything good for them.

13. Ossinev
    March 12, 2016, 2:09 pm

“Every time that Israel has turned over territory of any kind, be is Gaza, or now in Judea and Sumaria, it is used as a launching pad to attack Israel. And that’s what will happen again.”

Rubio is obviously very knowledgeable on the subject and I do wish that he would pass on that in depth knowledge to Mondoweiss readers. What territory exactly in the so called “Judea and Sumaria(sic) has Israel turned over – where , when and how would help including the sites of the new Judean and Samarian launching pads.

The Elders must be really disappointed that their cherub faced , first choice , first rate brown tongue is about to be spat out of the GOP race.

14. James Canning
    March 12, 2016, 2:31 pm

Yet more fanatical Zionist rubbish from Marco Rubio. What a surprise.

15. talknic
    March 12, 2016, 4:19 pm

US Presidency hopefuls are ALL spouting bullsh*t.

Were it not for real it’d be hilarious.

Whatever great state the US might have ever been, today it’s looking more and more like a state of insanity

March 13, 2016, 2:54 pm

The melting pot is now a stew pot. Everybody picks out what they don’t like and eats the rest.

• inbound39
      March 13, 2016, 6:24 pm

I have to concur with you fully there Talknic…..United States of AMiracle.

16. JLewisDickerson
    March 12, 2016, 6:33 pm

RE: “I think Islam hates us. There’s something there, there’s a tremendous hatred there, there’s a tremendous hatred, we have to get to the bottom of it. There is an unbelievable hatred of us.” ~ Trump

MY COMMENT: I have it on good authority that the monolith from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey ( shown here at summer camp) absolutely despises us, because it is convinced that Kubrick purposefully filmed its bad side.
    Hell hath no fury like a narcissistic monolith slighted!

17. Misterioso
    March 12, 2016, 7:06 pm

link to haaretz.com

Trump Confirmed to Speak at AIPAC Conference

Republican front runner to join Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden in addressing major Jewish lobby group.

Haaretz. Mar 11, 2016 10:36 PM

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is scheduled to speak at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) policy conference which is to take place in Washington between March 20-22.

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will also speak at the event, as will Vice President Joe Biden, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will deliver comments via satellite.

Trump has faced sharped criticism from his Republican opponents over his Israel policy and statements that he would remain “neutral” in an attempt to broker a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

The AIPAC conference itself has also been at the center of controversy over the past week, as Netanyahu planned to speak in person at the event as well as visit the White House, but instead cancelled his trip.

March 13, 2016, 2:59 pm

Will be interesting to see if main media shows a clip of AIPAC conference this year, given Israel is a subject of the POTUS candidate debates.

18. Talkback
    March 13, 2016, 4:17 am

Another Zionist puppet.

19. lysias
    March 13, 2016, 4:03 pm

New CBS poll has Sanders ahead by 2 points in Illinois and only 9 points behind in Ohio. Poll: Trump and Kasich neck-and-neck in Ohio; Trump leads in Florida.

20. Yehudi Ben Israel
    March 13, 2016, 7:24 pm

Support for Israel is widespread in the US but also so thin that there is wide concern among the AIPAC types that if support for Israel isn’t ritualistically affirmed by the establishment in front of a national audience and the Palestinians not continuously vilified that this national support can dissipate at any time and even turn against the Israelis. This actually is quite perceptive. Engage in discussion of the I/P conflict with the typical American and the response is often weariness and RARELY (if ever) gung-ho positive attitudes about Israel, though to be honest my cultural bubble is the Washington Metropolitan region.

The goal of these demands to ritualistically affirm support for Israel by the U.S establishment is to HOLD THE LINE and make neutrality and (oh the horror) support for the Palestinians a taboo for politicians.

The goal of the AIPAC types has always been not earnestly arguing for Israel but always stacking the deck in their favor by controlling the parameters of the debate, and what really sickens me the most is how much they’re assisted in controlling the parameters of the debate by the USA media establishment.

March 14, 2016, 7:48 am

Typical immediate responses from the female side of my extended family (older support Hillary, younger support Sanders):

Those people have been fighting over there for centuries.
      Israel is surrounded by enemies.

They know nothing at all about the history or present reality of the Israeli-Palestine conflict.
      If you bring up foreign aid chunk annually to Israel, response is we need America’s foreign aid funds at home.

21. kalithea
    March 14, 2016, 1:04 am

The Aipac Wonder Boy meets Dukakis moment.:

link to i.imgflip.com

Here’s the Drudge version:

He’s toast…FINALLY!

Phew! It’s about time! He was also the odds on favorite — toooo bad so many bet on the wrong horsey.

Rubio’s done. Couldn’t happen to a better Neocon Zionist lackey.

• Kay24
      March 14, 2016, 4:39 am

Unfortunately, if Clinton becomes President, she will be yet another zionist tool, to be used by Israel for their own devious agendas. She has already stated she will invite the war criminal zio leader to the WH after she is elected.

March 14, 2016, 7:56 am

Hillary is a neocon.

• echinococcus
      March 14, 2016, 6:58 am

Kallithea, this looks like premature rejoicing. One down, several more to go. On the “Neocon Zionist lackey” side, Cruz and Hillary Clinton. On the “Labor/liberal Zionist lackey” side, Bernie Sanders. Only alternative, slightly better than the aforementioned, offered within your single-party-presenting-as-two logic… Donald Trump, fercryingoutloud.