JDL member arrested for attacking Palestinian-American teacher ran anti-Muslim website

US Politics

Kamal Nayfeh, 55, was an out-of-towner waiting to hug goodbye his daughter who lives in Washington DC,  in the moments before he was beaten by affiliates of an extremist group on Sunday outside of a policy conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). It was the close of a family trip from North Carolina, four days of sightseeing and dinners out that included a stop at the Holocaust museum.

The AIPAC conference coincided with the vacation. Nayfeh saw news reports about protests around the event and thought his daughter Danya, a law student at Georgetown University should not be close to the commotion. She wanted to attend. They compromised. Minding the heavy afternoon traffic, the plan was Nayfeh would drive the family to the AIPAC event, drop off his wife and children, park the car alone, then they would all meet on the street to say goodbye. It was a last fatherly duty before motoring down to North Carolina.

“To be honest with you, I was completely unaware. I didn’t know who they were. I was trying to make out what the chants were. I saw the Israeli flag, I saw the yellow flags, but I didn’t know what they were,” Nayfeh told Mondoweiss over the phone from North Carolina.

The street was noisy. Nayfeh saw a woman shouting while carrying both the Israeli and Palestinian flags and was curious. Danya and her step-mother had caught snippets from the woman.

“She was absolutely nuts, and I was confused as well,” Danya said, “instantly accusations of anti-Semitism that I hate Jews,” “Palestinians are liars, Palestinians are terrorists, Don’t trust them, Don’t believe them,” and “Muslims kill girls like you.”

“My step-mom was really confused too because she heard the word ‘vagina’ during all of this,” Danya added.

Nayfeh overheard the woman say, “There is no such thing as Palestinians,” (This same woman identified as a Palestinian when interviewed by Ahmed Shihab-Eldin for AJ+ —“I am Palestinian myself[…] there is no Palestine, Palestinians are terrorists,” she said.)

The remark puzzled Nayfeh. “I turned to her and I said ‘look I am Palestinian,’” he explained.

“I can’t believe that anybody heard that but her, and somebody pushed me and told me not to talk to her,” he said.

Nayfeh then stepped to leave the scene, “as I turned I felt people hitting me and pushing me. I saw this white pole coming straight towards my eye,” he said.

“I fell down on the ground and I felt people hitting me and kicking me. And then the police got me [out]. It was all so fast,” he continued.

“They were yelling at me, I didn’t say a word to them,” he added, “I didn’t have a flag on, I didn’t come there to protest. My hands were in my pockets walking, actually,” he said.

Video footage taken by bystanders shows a throng of men toting yellow JDL flags beating Nayfeh while he was on the ground.

Nayfeh’s daughter Danya, 25, the law student, was standing nearby but the attack was out of view. “The next thing, I saw my step-mom running out screaming ‘it’s your dad! It’s your dad and I started running there to get my dad out,” Danya said.

By the time she reached the encounter police were pushing crowds back. The momentum knocked Danya on the ground. The family was split up among the rush of people.

“I was crying and screaming, I guess at the same time, saying ‘no, who did this?’ ‘who did this to my dad?’” she said. Police quickly scooped the family away to the side prepping them for transit in an ambulance.

Kamal Nayfeh. (Photo: IMEU)

“I remember my dad was trying to look for his glasses and his stuff and I remember thinking, ‘what is going on right now? Why are the police not going in there and trying to detain the people who did this?’” Danya said.

She recalled members of the JDL casually milling around the area after the attack. “I guess they did not feel the need to move.”

Only later at the hospital did Danya watch a video of the scene.

“I just felt sick, honestly, and sad. And every new video I see something else. It just rips your heart out. Of course, it’s my dad and I know him and love him, but to see anything against anyone like this it’s disturbing,” she said.

Nayfeh is an American citizen born in Kuwait and immigrated to the U.S. in 1986. He never lived in the occupied Palestinian territories, but is of Palestinian heritage.

He has visited the West Bank and Israel once, ten years ago and said he does not intend on returning. “I never felt so uncomfortable, so insecure. Once we crossed that border from Jordan to Israel, we weren’t treated right.”

“The outcome of this, what I really hope for, I don’t mind people protesting or using their speech, but they can’t use physical stuff,” he said, “people should be able to walk around and be by-passers on the street. They shouldn’t be hurt [for this].”

“I’ve been seeing a trend towards violence and all of those violent groups are re-emerging. The country is so divided, and all of those groups that never had a voice are popping out and showing their hate,” he said.

Ram Lubranicki with Pamela Geller, co-founder of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, deemed a hate organization by the Southern Poverty Law Center. (Photo: Facebook)

Attacker ran anti-Muslim hate site

Police made two arrests on Sunday. Yosef Steynovitz of Canada was charged with felony “assault with significant bodily injury” and Rami “Ram” Lubranicki with misdemeanor assault.

Lubranicki is an administrator of the website “Islam Exposed” and the founder of the group American Bikers United Against Jihad. His organization staged a five-person protest against Muslim Americans living in Islamberg, New York in 2016.

He is also a frequent contributor to conservative and anti-Muslim websites.

A blog headed by the “Israeli administrator” for his group “Islam Exposed,” provided screen shots of Facebook temporarily disabling pages he moderates after users wrote racial epithets and advocated for the killing of Muslims. Lubranicki has also twice been suspended from Facebook for 30 day periods for posting inflammatory comments, according to his colleague.

The same blog includes admiration for the slain rabbi Meir Kahane, the founder of the JDL. The group was most active in the 70s and 80s. They are responsible for planning the bombing in the office of a congressman of Arab heritage and a mosque, and planting explosives in Carnegie Hall set to dentate during an orchestra performance. It has been relatively defunct in recent years, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, who states the organization has no current chapters in the U.S.

In January, the Forward reported the JDL had re-emerged with 20 from the group gathering in New York to celebrate President Donald Trump’s inauguration.

About Allison Deger

Allison Deger is the Assistant Editor of Mondoweiss.net. Follow her on twitter at @allissoncd.

1. JLewisDickerson
    March 30, 2017, 9:37 pm

RE: “The group [i.e., JDL] was most active in the 70s and 80s. They are responsible for planning bombing in the office of a congressman of Arab heritage and a mosque, and planting explosives in Carnegie Hall set to dentate during an orchestra performance.” ~ Deger

MY COMMENT: The JDL is also suspected of having planted the bomb that killed Alex Odeh of the ADC back in 1985.

FROM WIKIPEDIA [Alex Odeh]:

[EXCERPTS] Alex Odeh (April 4, 1944 – October 11, 1985) was an Arab-American anti-discrimination activist who was killed in a bombing as he opened the door of his office at 1905 East 17th Street, Santa Ana, California. Odeh was west-coast regional director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC).

Born into a Palestinian Christian family in Jifna, the West Bank, Odeh immigrated to the US in 1972.[1] He was a lecturer and poet who recently had published a volume of his poetry, “Whispers in Exile”.[2] . . .

. . . Irv Rubin, who had become chairman of the Jewish Defense League (JDL) the same year, immediately made several public statements in reaction to the incident. “I have no tears for Mr. Odeh,” Rubin said. “He got exactly what he deserved.”[7] . . .

. . . Four weeks after Odeh’s death, FBI spokesperson Lane Bonner stated the FBI attributed the bombing and two others to the JDL. . . In February 1986, the FBI classified the bombing that killed Alex Odeh as a terrorist act. In July they eased away from their original position, saying the JDL was “probably” responsible for this attack and four others, but that final attribution to the JDL or any other group “must await further investigation.” . . . The JDL denied any involvement in Odeh’s killing.[7][10]

Immediately after the 1985 assassination the FBI identified three suspects, all of them believed to be affiliated with the JDL, who fled to Israel. Floyd Clarke, then assistant director of the FBI, claimed in an internal memo that key suspects had fled to Israel and were living in Kiryat Arba, an Israeli settlement in the West Bank. . .

. . . On August 27, 1996, the FBI announced a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Odeh’s killers. JDL members heckled the FBI spokespersons announcing the reward.[13][14] The reward is still in force.[15]

In 2007, the FBI revealed they had received information from a deceased informant, believed to be former Jewish Defense League member Earl Krugel, who had been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison for 2001 plots to bomb a Southern California mosque and office of an Arab American congressman. It is believed that Irv Rubin, who died in prison while awaiting trial on the same charges, revealed to Krugel the names of those responsible for Odeh’s death and Krugel shared those with the FBI before he, too, died in prison. The bombers are believed to be Manning and two other JDL activists, Keith Fuchs and Andy Green, who also fled to Israel and are believed to be living in Kiryat Arba.[16][17] . . .

SOURCE – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Odeh

P.S. ALSO SEE: “The California Murder Case That Israel Is Sweeping Under the Rug” | By Robert I. Friedman | latimes.com | May 13, 1990
    In 1985, Alex Odeh was killed by a pipe bomb in Orange County. The FBI has three suspects, but they are in Israel; extradition is unlikely.
    LINK – http://articles.latimes.com/1990-05-13/opinion/op-61_1_pipe-bomb

• Elizabeth Block
      March 31, 2017, 8:38 am

From Chris Hedges, “Israel’s Toy Soldiers,” in his book The World As It Is:

In 1989, Hedges discovered Robert Manning living in Kiryat Arba, under the name of the FBI in charge of the Alex Odeh case. After Hedges published an article about him, he was extradited, and is now doing life in Colorado. The Israeli government said they hadn’t known where he was until Hedges published.

2. Kay24
    March 30, 2017, 10:22 pm

We have a terror group openly operating and assaulting people in our streets, and it should make Americans wonder why these terrorists are given special privileges to behave so violently. There is a limit to how much we must tolerate these Jewish terrorists, the zionist interference, and the endless aid we send them, because we have been told that Jesus is going to grace this earth again, and the Jews will lay out the red carpet for him in Jerusalem. Jokes aside, imagine Frank Gaffney, and Pamela Geller going berserk, protesting and peddling hate, had this been some Arab group that has been called a terrorist group operating in any US state. This is a hate crime, so where are those like Gaffney and Geller protesting the nation being taken over by an entire religion?
    Selective outrage eh?

• xanadou
      March 30, 2017, 11:50 pm

Touché, Kay24.

• DaBakr
      March 31, 2017, 12:31 am

Wait… The US is being taken over by Jews? The entire nation of Jews or just the Pamela Geller Jews? I guess Trump and his big oil men are part of this religion taking over the US. Obama. Hillary. Sessions. Nikki Haley. Paul Ryan, Bill Gates, Buffet, All Jews taking over the USA. Funnier then a barrel of monkeys. Oh, wait a minute. The religion isn’t Jewish at all is it? It’s Zionism! Their all a bunch of freakin zionists taking over the USA. Running the whole shebang. Calling in bombs, turning over graves. What next? Keeping Obamacare?

March 31, 2017, 12:48 pm

“Wait… The US is being taken over by Jews?”

See, “DaBakr”, you moved to the wrong country when you left South Africa.

• talknic
        April 2, 2017, 10:41 pm

“Wait… The US is being taken over by Jews? “

If you say so DaBakr

Maybe you should lay off whatever it is you’re dependent on

3. DaBakr
    March 31, 2017, 12:11 am

So, an arrest was made. This is a good thing. A court of law can determine wether the assault was felonious and what punishment should be meted out.

How large is the JDL?. They were deemed “violent” but not a terrorist group though we all know that the definition of terror is subjective.

The man that was attacked without cause did decide he wanted to participate or watch the protest. It wasn’t like the thugs had to hunt him down. But yes, he is absolutely correct that nobody should have to worry that they will be violently attacked just for walking around legally looking at what was happening at a legal protest. It looks like the victim will be okay. His daughter is obviously irate and traumatized.

Again, nobody should be walking down the street minding their own business and have to worry that a terrorist thug will suddenly plunge a knife, I mean pole, into their face. Or their neck. Or their heart.

And while the dude with Pamela Gellar seems like he was looking for trouble(and got it) it can not be said that Geller advocates violence. She held a contest for drawings of Mohammed to prove that America is a land where free speech includes drawing images of religion that many find offensive. That violent terrorists came to shoot her poor anybody else that would dare violate free speech is as despicable as the man who rammed a pole into the eye of an innocent man of kuwati and Palestinian descent.

And as for MW constantly citing the southern poverty law center for unbiased view is like MW relying on freedom house for your liberal ideology.

March 31, 2017, 12:43 pm

Whoa! When “Dabakrs” is defending something important, something he cares about, all of a sudden he finds the shift-key and uses text-blocks as paragraphs.
      Muttering, and a stream-of-resentment with no punctuation is all right for most stuff, but this is the JDL!

• Talkback
      April 1, 2017, 1:40 pm

DaBakr: “How large is the JDL?. They were deemed “violent” but not a terrorist group ..”

They were in 2001 by the FBI and they committed more terrorrist attacks in the US between 1985 and 2005 than Muslims.

4. HarryLaw
    March 31, 2017, 5:53 am

This is ridiculous, how can a person who ran an anti-Muslim website and uses violence against his victim not be charged with a hate crime?.. “The Civil Rights Act of 1968 enacted 18 U.S.C. § 245(b)(2), which permits federal prosecution of anyone who “willingly injures, intimidates or interferes with another person, or attempts to do so, by force because of the other person’s race, color, religion or national origin” [1] or because of the victim’s attempt to engage in one of six types of federally protected activities, such as attending school, patronizing a public place/facility, applying for employment, acting as a juror in a state court or voting.
    Persons violating this law face a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both. If bodily injury results or if such acts of intimidation involve the use of firearms, explosives or fire, individuals can receive prison terms of up to 10 years”.
    “Hate crimes are the highest priority of the FBI’s Civil Rights program”

• Kathleen
      April 3, 2017, 7:45 am

Sure looks like they have the goods on those who participated i n the hate crime .

I attended the anti Aipac protest outside of the Aipac conference two years in a row. Heard a few of the attendees going into the conference say the most hateful comments about Palestinians. Jeffrey Bl,ankfort captured one of the encounters as I asked two older Aipac attendees if they thought Jewish lives were more important than Palestinians lives. The older man yelled out in the affirmative “yes Jewish lives are more important than Palestinians lives” His out of her mind wife screamed out the same. I had been talking with a Palestinians man for quite some time about the loss of his brothers in the conflict. The couple were raging hateful bigots.

Also witnessed If Americans Knew Allison Weir be hatefully harassed by several men across the street from the conference. They were extremely aggressive and hateful towards Allsion.

The Aipac organization should be required to register under FARA along with anyone who lobbies for Aipac..

Wonder if Dennis Ross, Indyk etc were required to sign up as agents for a foreign nation under FARA when they worked in Presidential administrations?

What was that…lobbyist for Israel working in our government are not required to register as foreign agents…..”special” status.

5. Elizabeth Block
    March 31, 2017, 8:43 am

The JDL may have been inactive in the US, but the Canadian branch – at least, the Toronto chapter – is active. There aren’t many of them, but it (obviously!) doesn’t take many, if they are armed and violent. They show up at anti-Zionist events, disrupt lectures at the University of Toronto, yell and shout, and threaten women old enough to be their grandmothers.
    I went to one of their events (as a spy). It was about Geert Wilders, whom they support. There was a Christian Zionist there, and he said there were 40,000 of them in Canada.

• Maghlawatan
      March 31, 2017, 11:31 am

Back in the 70s and 80s when the JDL was prominent it was an outlier. Israeli society was still reasonably stable. Kach were similarly on the margins. Kahane who headed Kach was seen as an extremist.
      Now in 2017 people who think like Kahane run the Israeli Government. Maybe 30% of Israelis think Kach style. JDL is much closer to the Zionist mainstream.

And that is what keeps people like Rav Rick awake at night. The Golem is actually Jewish. And speaks Hebrew.

• inbound39
        March 31, 2017, 2:40 pm

Avigdor Lieberman, Israel’s current Defence Minister, is a former Kach member, though to hear him speak sometimes you wouldn’t think so.

• DaBakr
      April 1, 2017, 1:13 am

“(As a spy)”.

You rock girl!

6. Ossinev
    March 31, 2017, 2:15 pm

@DaBakr
    “Wait… The US is being taken over by Jews?2

You have been asleep on the job again. That should read “has been”.

The good news is that the educated American public and specifically younger American Jews as per the article are beginning to question why the miniscule American Jewish community (5 million out of a population of 320 million ) has so much power in politics and the media and why this has led to such Arslikhan subservience to Israel and the Zionist agenda.

The writing is on the wall (no not that one).

• DaBakr
      April 1, 2017, 1:45 am

@O

@O

If you have to “question” why those “miniscule” 5 million jews have so much power then you probably wouldn’t understand the answer anyhow. but your worried about it and that’s understandable and…. isn’t that what it’s all been about all along? you want to question and make sure there is no funny business going on. I mean really, the answer shouldn’t be so obvious. You deserve to know the extent of exactly how much wool is being pulled over your eyes. occam’s razor certainly will not apply here. and should the questioning provide surprising answers it is “good news” indeed that so many Americans will be “educated” and better able to handle and emotionally process this new,(actually very very old) information so as not to have any sudden and unnecessary trauma to mind or body.

April 1, 2017, 1:47 pm

Right back to the mutter. Standing in the corner, looking daggers at the crowd, and muttering barely audible imprecations and condemnations.
        Good old “DaBakr” working away at the old stand again!

• DaBakr
        April 1, 2017, 3:20 pm

@ms

right. you just happen to have extraordinarily exceptional hearing.

But I appreciate your insight and “imprecations” . As always, good for an eyeroll and a quick snuff.

7. asherpat
    April 1, 2017, 1:40 pm

Perhaps there should be a ban on Google (or god forbid, Bing) so that we can’t search the names of those involved. Mr Nayfeh http://www.courtrecords.org/people/Kamal+Nayfeh+NC/ : court cases for “Assault on a female” (2002), “Communicating Threats” (2001) and the facebook of young American girl Danya? why, like all girls her age, her profile photo is not of friends smiling, no no no, it’s the Map That Lies (updated following this rebuke http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2012/07/debunking-map-that-lies.html )

So what is the most likely scenario? The all-American family is most likely a garden-variety of Anti-Israeli provocateurs, ensconced in the safety and welfare of a liberal Western democracy while engaging in anti-Israeli activism.

April 1, 2017, 2:45 pm

“The all-American family is most likely a garden-variety of Anti-Israeli provocateurs, ensconced in the safety and welfare of a liberal Western democracy while engaging in anti-Israeli activism.”

Yeah, “asherpat” that’s the “most” likely scenario

Shorter “asherpat”:
      ‘Every sensible person knows that AIPAC employs JDL thugs to beat up Palestinians which come near their meeting, in Washington DC.’

Gosh “asherpat” you should go to work for a pro-Israel publicity agency. You have a wonderful way of making, cough, Zionists look both powerful and good.

• asherpat
        April 1, 2017, 3:42 pm

Beating up innocent people is definitely wrong. But what exactly to you mean by “Palestinians which come near their meeting”? Why do these Palestinians “come near”? Why dance around it? They are at best protesters (OK) and most probably provocateurs (not OK), so why not say that?

• just
        April 1, 2017, 5:41 pm

My guess is that you choose neither to read nor comprehend, asherpat.

If it cain’t git in yer head, it didn’t happen, right?

Read it, please:

“It was the close of a family trip from North Carolina, four days of sightseeing and dinners out that included a stop at the Holocaust museum.

The AIPAC conference coincided with the vacation. Nayfeh saw news reports about protests around the event and thought his daughter Danya, a law student at Georgetown University should not be close to the commotion. She wanted to attend. They compromised. Minding the heavy afternoon traffic, the plan was Nayfeh would drive the family to the AIPAC event, drop off his wife and children, park the car alone, then they would all meet on the street to say goodbye. It was a last fatherly duty before motoring down to North Carolina.

Nayfeh saw a group waving yellow flags. He did not know that was the symbol for the Jewish Defense League (JDL), which the FBI designated a domestic terror organization nearly two decades ago; the family had unknowingly found themselves in the middle of a cohort from an anti-Arab and anti-Muslim hate group.”

– See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2017/03/arrested-attacking-palestinian/#sthash.psTGxfEs.dpuf

And from your post below, “Beating up innocent people is definitely wrong.” Please do take that back to your handlers both in the US and in Israel and do stop alleging that Americans who are Palestinian residents, teachers, travelers and students in DC are “probably provocateurs” just because they exist as human beings.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to engage. You appear to be the one of many who are “dancing around”, asherpat. Your dance is macabre and you’ve pretzel- twisted the truth ad nauseam.

Have a cuppa, a nap, and a think.

Allison Deger is simply reporting ugly events and the ugly truth.

• oldgeezer
        April 2, 2017, 12:35 am

@asherpat

No. Dead wrong. Beating up people is wrong. You threw in the innocent qualification.

It is simply wrong. No justification for ot.

We have laws to deal with people who are guilty of crimes. These jdl members are thugs. No more than that
        Digging out old police records adds nothing to the situation.

Only two were arrested but the video attests to the fact that quite a few more acted as mere street gang members and willingly joined in on beating amd stomping a single defenseless man.

No excuses. Common street thugs. Scum of the earth. A blight unto humanity.

• talknic
      April 2, 2017, 10:32 pm

@ asherpat April 1, 2017, 1:40 pm

“So what is the most likely scenario?”

Having nothing asherpat resorts to making it up (a favorite past time of idiot apologists for Israel’s documented intransigence)

• jd65
      April 2, 2017, 10:36 pm

Firstly – shame on me for actually responding to your trolling. I’m usually better. But something about your comment forced me to go against my better judgement. You got skills, yo…

asherpat: Dancing around, are we, Allison? How innocent can we be? A good American family from North Carolina decides to spend four days that, blimey, coincide with AIPAC in DC! and then, the Zio thugs descend on your average American father and beat him up! … They are at best protesters (OK) and most probably provocateurs (not OK), so why not say that?

This happened in Washington DC. Washington DC. Are you , like, 8 years old and currently growing up in Ittoqqortoormiit? Washington DC is the capitol of the United States of America. It is possibly, after the Grand Canyon, the most visited place/tourist destination in this country. Are people supposed to cancel their plans because AIPAC wants to decide on the best ways to keep on stealing land and ruining lives? Are we all supposed to keep up on the activities of AIPAC and other Zionist organizations so that we can plan our lives in ways that make sure we don’t disturb the delicate genius of Israel and their planners? No, seriously asherpat? What’s wrong with you?

And by the way, did everyone see this nugget:

Meir Weinstein, head of the Canadian branch of the JDL, claimed his group was acting in self defense and that the video was taken out of context. “If our reaction was excessive, we’re looking into it. It was all defensive,” Weinstein said.

Yeah, you read that right. Those JDL bastards (wayyyy too polite a word to use to refer to them) have a right to “self-defense.” Just like a little “state” that we’re all so familiar with likes to constantly cry. Oh… My… God… I guess Kamal was hiding a qassam rocket in his back pocket? How do you people not make yourselves sick. It’s like some kind of bizarre negative miracle.

• MHughes976
        April 3, 2017, 8:53 am

The Washington Post story seemed to confirm that Mr. Nayfeh had used only words and that the others involved had used weapons, I think called ‘flagpoles’, which seems to indicate a non-violent, though no doubt annoying, protest with a violent response. If he knew that this sort of response was likely then he was provoking something but was within his rights in exposing just how ruthless these people are – and showing a courageous spirit, I would say. An agent provocateur is normally a false flagger, pretending sympathy with criminals in order to egg them on. Nayfeh wasn’t that.

• CigarGod
      April 3, 2017, 9:55 am

The average person reads 200 wpm and comprehends 60%.
      Nevertheless, the average reader can fashion that 60% into a nice ball that they can roll home to eat later or their mate can lay eggs into.

8. DaBakr
    April 1, 2017, 10:02 pm

Meanwhile Nayfeh just got another installment for his retirement fund from the PLO. The crescent shaped cut will probably become the most important and exciting moment in his life among The assortment of Israel hating groups.

I wish I could say I understand the pro-palestinian strategy of always shooting themselves in the foot but I suppose they believe that slow and steady will win for them what they have already been offered and turned down. Afaics, Abbas and his cronies have one strategy:
    . Push the Palestinian maximalist demands as simply the opening discussion. Then, in addition demand that the vote in what is now Israel and the West bank be changed into a system of 1vote for 1 person.
    . The smartly strategized little caveat to those who push this crap, that the (now what is it, 5,6 or 7 million Palestinian U.N. createdthat are refugees as well as residents of over 20 Arab nation’s. They would slowly be allowed to trickle back into pre-’48 armistice lines causing the populating to shift from Jewish Majority to non-jewish minority. That this is the unspoken goal of all bdf to eliminate Jewish sovereignty in Israel is the long term goal which is really the main point of groups like jstreet, MW., VIP, and even J street. They are hand wringing and guilt riddled so-called pro-israel liberal groups bamboozled into thinking Israelis will be safe of only they agreed to become a’protected minority’. As if that every worked in the 50 other nations that had protected Jewish minorities. As H.Neuer questioned at the UN…. Where are all the Algerian, Libyan, Jordanian, Iranian, Iraqi Jews now? What level of political and civic freedom do the handful of Jews in the Arab world enjoy? Of course you all like to deny the existence of the dhimmi system and believe everything the the tryant owner of Iran is the gospel proof.

April 2, 2017, 12:26 pm

Ah, good old “DaBakr”, he tries, but he always slips back into the stream-of-resentment mutter, his natural form of expression.

• Sulphurdunn
      April 2, 2017, 6:37 pm

The only thing the Palestinians were ever offered by Israel already belonged to them. They chose to reject subject status in a fake vassal state controlled by Israel, fragmented and full of Zionist religious fanatics. The world has acknowledged the right of Israel to exist as an the ethno/supremacist state you believe Israeli Jews need to feel safe, even though they have a world class military and nuclear weapons. The world simply demands they withdraw behind the armistice line agreed to in 1949. That means getting the unwanted and unwelcome asses of the IDF and all the settle loonies back across the green line, lifting the blockade of Gaza, and packing their butts and all their shit out of East Jerusalem unless they can learn to behave there. Get it?

• talknic
      April 2, 2017, 9:31 pm

Poor DaBakr

@ DaBakr April 1, 2017, 10:02 pm

“All 10 of the NE US JDL members have difficult inoperable growths in their brains which effect their behavior. Mossad got together with aipac and basically chained them to outposts like cannibal zombies who sense danger and attack.”

If you say pal

“Meanwhile Nayfeh just got another installment for his retirement fund from the PLO.”

Source?

“The crescent shaped cut will probably become the most important and exciting moment in his life among The assortment of Israel hating groups”

DaBakr is on a roll

“I wish I could say I understand the pro-palestinian strategy of always shooting themselves in the foot but I suppose they believe that slow and steady will win for them what they have already been offered and turned down.”

Israel has offered to swap non-Israeli territory for non-Israeli territory so it can keep non-Israeli territory. I.e., Israel has offered no thing

“Afaics, Abbas and his cronies have one strategy:
      . The smartly strategized little caveat to those who push this crap”

YOU’RE the one pushing crap pal . The Palestinians have been willing to cede 78% of their rightful territories for peace with Israel. It’s been on the table since 1988. The majority of the World’s state have recognized Palestine as it declared. Israel refuses what it has been offered, wanting, illegally taking and illegally settling more before any agreement.

” that the (now what is it, 5,6 or 7 million Palestinian U.N. created that are refugees as well as residents of over 20 Arab nation’s. They would slowly be allowed to trickle back into pre-’48 armistice lines causing the populating to shift from Jewish Majority to non-jewish minority.”

Bullshit. A) The UN didn’t create any refugees. The inability to return to their rightful territory creates refugees. Israel refuses their RoR.

B) Israel long ago reached the point where a Jewish majority is guaranteed within its only recognized borders (of 00:01 May 15th 1948). There has been virtually NO increase in non-Jewish immigration since 00:01 may 15th 1948, , whereas the Jewish population increased by some 500,000 from the Arab States alone by 1950. There has been a further influx of Jewish folk ever since. The demographic threat is ZioPoop

5,6 or 7 million refugees do not have a right to return to the territory ceded to Israel on May 15th 1948. Only the folk whose normal place of residence and their lineal descendants have a right to return to the territories that became Israeli. The vast majority of Palestine refugees have RoR to NON-Israeli territories outside of the state of Israel

” That this is the unspoken goal of al…”

The Zionist mind readr is truly miraculous

• amigo
      April 3, 2017, 11:29 am

“I wish I could say I understand the pro-palestinian strategy of always shooting themselves in the foot – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2017/03/arrested-attacking-palestinian/#sthash.qOCsczzR.dpuf” duh baker..

That,s hilarious coming from the guy who shoots himself in the foot but has forgotten it was in his mouth.

9. Ossinev
    April 2, 2017, 2:29 pm

@DaBakr
    “Meanwhile Nayfeh just got another installment for his retirement fund from the PLO. The crescent shaped cut will probably become the most important and exciting moment in his life”

Man you are a really sad twisted sick individual. Look at the picture again. Think Nazis beating up defenceless Jews then revisit your comments.

• oldgeezer
      April 2, 2017, 10:50 pm

@Ossinev

Dabakr comsiders himself to be representative of mainstream thought. Your rebuke won’t dent his sensibilities.

And perhaps he is mainstream in Israel which only goes to prove how correct Rivlin was when he pointed out that Israeli society is sick.

Twisted. Sick. Racist. Genocidal. Barbaric. Brutal.

A beacon to anyone they are not. Not even to the hell holes they like to compare themselves with.

10. xanadou
    April 3, 2017, 3:14 am

Dare one hope that the collapse of the genocidal racist state may come sooner than decades from today?

“On Saturday night, thousands of Palestinians and Jews gathered in Jerusalem for an anti-occupation protest marking 50 years since the occupation began. Breaking the Silence head Yuli Novak spoke to demonstrators about the importance of solidarity and resistance to the violence and racism of the Israeli government. (Included) is a transcript of the speech, translated from Hebrew.”

Despite the jarring application of the phrase “Palestinians and Jews”: Moslems and Jews, or Palestinians and Israelis, sounds, and makes, better sense, I hope that the sane part of the Diaspora who is aware of the disastrous status quo in Israel will be able to get behind the Israelis in vast numbers, If/when that happens, the intimidated rest of the world will follow in even bigger numbers.

11. just
    April 5, 2017, 5:53 am

“Eyewitness: JDL Beat Up Peaceful Protestors Outside AIPAC and Tried to Burn a Quran

They called us Nazis and Kapos, attacked us with their flagpoles, and ripped up a Quran, while AIPAC participants came out to cheer them on.

On March 26 I stood with IfNotNow and around 1,000 other young Jews to #ResistAIPAC, …. We were there to voice dissent on Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories, now entering its 50th year, and AIPAC’s role in perpetuating it. During the protest, I was assigned to be a marshal, meaning that it was my job — along with the other marshals — to keep everyone at the protest safe.

Our plan for the action was to shut down two of the major entrances to the convention center where the conference was held; the entrances were about block away from each other. The march was to split in two when we arrived at the primary entrance to the convention center on Mt Vernon Street, with the second half rounding the corner and blocking the second entrance, on L Street.

As we approached the convention center, I noticed a small group, waving large yellow and black flags. As we passed, they shouted “Kapo” at us and swung their flags high, which featured a Star of David with a clenched fist in the center. I would later learn they were members of the Jewish Defense League – and organization that the SPLC considers a hate group and that the FBI labeled a terrorist organization in 2001 – but as I walked past them, I had no idea who they were. I wasn’t scared of them; if anything, I felt emboldened by their epithets – our program during the action would be proof enough of the fact that we were stewards of the Jewish moral tradition.

I was assigned to the second entrance, so I followed the march past the JDL members, around the corner to L Street. Shortly after I arrived, an action coordinator with a concerned look on her face came up to me and asked me to lead a group of marshals to the primary entrance. Apparently something had happened there, and they wanted reinforcements.

When I and about twenty other people arrived, there were more JDL members, about two dozen of them, waving the same flag, along with American and Israeli flags. Most were men who were large and burly. A number of police officers stood outside their cars on the sidelines, seemingly watching the situation but not intervening.

The marshals I led walked past the flag-carrying men and into the crowd. We stood on the perimeter of the protest, between the IfNotNow protest the line of flag-bearing JDL members. A marshal who had been at this entrance the whole time came over to tell us what had happened. Before he could explain the situation to us, the JDL rushed us.

At first I didn’t know what was happening. After a moment of confusion, though, it was clear that we were being attacked. The flags that the JDL members had been waving earlier were tilted down, the butt of the flagpoles pointed towards us. I – along with the other marshals – put my body in between the JDL and the rest of the crowd. We held them off, preventing them from rushing into the crowd for minutes; eventually, police officers came and pulled the JDL away from us.

Somehow, miraculously, we prevented them from causing mass injuries to protesters in the IfNotNow crowd, though the JDL flagpoles later gave one of our members a concussion and sent a Palestinian professor to the hospital.

Once the police pulled the JDL off of us, they continued to harass us. Though a police line separated us, one JDL member stood across from me and stared, yelling “You’re worse than a Nazi” and other epithets directly at me. I stood, holding hands with IfNotNow members on either side of me, and smiled. We sang traditional Jewish songs and prayers, as well as songs from current and historical Jewish social justice struggles. I was – and am – proud to be part of a movement that makes joyousness central to its mission. While the JDL expressed violence and rage, I and the rest of IfNotNow expressed ourselves through joy and love for each other, our Jewish heritage, and the moral community we are building that centers freedom and dignity over occupation and division.

A few minutes later, men wearing AIPAC lanyards came out to join the JDL protesters. They joked with them and slapped them on the back. When the JDL chanted “Kapos” at us, the AIPAC members joined them. One JDL member tried to burn a Quran. When she couldn’t get it to light, she ripped the pages out and stomped them into the ground; her JDL comrades and the AIPAC participants cheered her on.

AIPAC spokespeople have claimed that they condemn “the violence that occurred” outside the conference, but have ignored the fact that attendees of their own conference cheered it on, rather than attempt to stop it.

This, of course, is unsurprising: AIPAC routinely advocates for violent policies that uphold the occupation. Though the attacks outside of the AIPAC conference were committed by the JDL, they were done in defense of AIPAC and were entirely consistent with AIPAC’s ideology: that Jews must defend Israel at all costs. Most often, this is structural, occurring via Israeli policies that incite conflict with Palestinians through the building of settlements and illegal land grabs. In this case, though, it was personal: through a group of Jews attempting to beat up others Jews for the public expression of their beliefs. The violence committed by the JDL outside the AIPAC conference was merely a small manifestation for us, as American Jews, of what the consequences of AIPAC’s actions are for Palestinians every day.

I have a message to the JDL and AIPAC.

To the members of the JDL: you thought your violence would intimidate us. Instead, it made us stronger.  Your violence only demonstrated the extent to which Jews will seek to attack and bully others for speaking their conscience about Israel and Palestine.

And to AIPAC: your complicity and silence speaks just as loudly as the JDL’s violence. It is outrageous that you have refused to condemn the JDL’s violence on your doorstep.

As the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories enters its 50th year, we must reject the JDL, AIPAC and all that they stand for. In place of a Judaism built upon and expressed through violence, hatred, and unchecked nationalism, we must reclaim and reimagine our Judaism to be one that stands for joy, dignity, and freedom for all people.”

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.781618

One has to wonder why the DC police did not intervene immediately… were some of the officers given the legendary and usual tips and training by the IOF?