- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 2
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 40
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 83
- How Israel militarized social media 13
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 55
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 11
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 74
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 67
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of … 0
- Video: Night raid in Bethlehem’s Aida Refugee Camp 0
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 0
- Jews must take action against Israeli brutality 0
- Dear American media, I’m asking you to simply tell what’s … 0
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 0
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 0
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 127
- RT @BayoumiMoustafa: Never noticed until tonight how much the lights falling on this Brooklyn block produce a keffiyeh. #Palestine http://t.co/pncYG7iDRw, 7 hours ago
- RT @Belalmd12: Today (Friday) inshAllah I'm going live on @democracynow 12.00 GMT, will be live streamed here too! > http://t.co/YLk3fe5fEn, 7 hours ago
- RT @ProfessorKumar: Madeline Albright who thought that the deaths of 500k Iraqi children was "worth it" says Israel has gone too far http://t.co/xFscdy88To, 7 hours ago
- RT @e_intifada: Is this the beginning of 3rd intifada? @Remroum @ThisIsGaZa Raw AP footage of West Bank Clashes: http://t.co/yWfQ0RQyfN, 7 hours ago
- RT @MMVickery: #Ramallah hospital is full to capacity. Many protesters shot in the legs, two people confirmed dead, but reports that four have died., 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
#Assaf360: Palestinian Singer Mohammed Assaf & Grammy-Winning Producer Rodney Jerkins create song for World Cup (Update)
Grammy Award-winning mega producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins is in Dubai for a 24 hour interactive recording session/collaboration with Mohammed Assaf to create a song for Assaf’s performance at the opening ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress in Brazil next week, by crowd-sourcing content from fans online. The event, hosted by Platinum records, is being live streamed to fans all over the world and is happening now.
“I’m surprised we didn’t hear the yelling from Jerusalem here in Washington,” AP’s Matt Lee joked when he learned that Secretary of State John Kerry had informed Israeli PM Netanyahu that the US will continue to work with the unified Palestinian government that includes Hamas, defying the PM’s bloodcurdling warnings
The swearing in ceremony for Palestine’s new unity government is scheduled for Monday. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will swear in between 15 and 17 cabinet ministers, some likely via video from Gaza. Israel has already informed Abbas they are boycotting the new government, an interim body who will partly function in preparation for presidential and parliamentary elections in six months.
Palestine’s stunning victory in the Asian Football Confederation Challenge Cup in the Maldives, winning five games in decisive fashion, qualifies the country for Asia’s biggest football tournament, to be hosted next year in Australia, and will foster Palestinian efforts to gain sanctions against Israeli football in FIFA
After pressure from activists, the Gates Foundation has sold the bulk of its shares in the world’s largest private military and security company, G4S.
Dave Lippman riffs off of Street Fighting Man in a parody video urging the Stones not to play Tel Aviv June 4
Threats of consumer boycott seem to be affecting SodaStream’s stock price, which is losing its fizz, down sharply over the last year
European officials have informed Israel that the EU has issued a ruling banning the import of poultry and eggs from Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank including East Jerusalem.
Ebony has published an excellent article by Kristian Davis Bailey, Why Black People Must Stand With Palestine. Bailey, a journalist an editor for Stanford’s The Daily, has written numerous articles about Palestine in the past. But this article encapsulates much of past reporting and is a must read.
Incendiary flyers against Christians passed out in Jerusalem say Jewish people are obligated to destroy Churches in ‘land of Israel’
Israel lobby groups AIPAC and the ADL are seeking to influence student governments to block divestment measures on campus and student organizers at DePaul, UCLA and elsewhere are undertaking new measures to limit the persuasion over their leaders.
Yesterday Students for Justice in Palestine from Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia, (DMV-SJP; George Washington SJP, American University SJP, George Mason SAIA and Georgetown SJP, University of Maryland SJP) decided to crash a pro-Israel street festival and educate the crowd about the Nakba.
This morning, just before the break of dawn, I was reading Linah Alsaafin’s recent blog posting, Martyrs and Hope. A sense of fatigue permeates Alsaafin’s reflections about the murders on Nakba Day of Nadime Siam Abu Nuwara, 17, and Mohammed Awad Salemeh Abu Thaher, 22. She’s is a persuasive powerful truth teller and she leaves no one unscathed.
Is Germany fed up with Israel? Berlin has nixed a deal to give Israel a 30% discount on a $1 billion purchase of German gunboats, allegedly to be used for the protection of Israeli offshore gas fields in the Mediterranean Sea. According to Haaretz, German national security adviser Christoph Heusgen told his Israeli counterpart that there was “no chance” Germany’s parliament would approve the deal “given the breakdown of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which has been blamed at least partly on Israeli settlement construction.”
As FIFA’s upcoming Congress draws closer, the relationship between Israel and Palestine has only gotten worse. Palestinian Football Association Chairman Jibril Rajoub says Palestine will moving forward with their plans to seek sanctions against Israel when the Congress meets in San Paulo on June 9-10.
Tensions mount ahead of the Pope’s visit to Jerusalem, with Orthodox Jews protesting and Israeli authorities asking Franciscans to take down a banner welcoming the popular Pope Francis.
Israeli public culture is splitting over settler zealots. Amos Oz calls them “Hebrew neo-Nazis,” while a publication supporting settlers publishes hateful image of Oz with a Hitler mustache.
‘There has been terror for some time’: Vatican responds to Jewish extremists attacks against Christians ahead of Pope’s visit
Weeks before Pope Francis is due to arrive in Israel May 24 for a three-day visit, attacks and threats against Christians and their holy sites have escalated dramatically.
Watch this inspirational film by Beatriz Lozano documenting how Students Allied for Freedom and Equality (SAFE) activists at University of Michigan urged their university to divest from socially irresponsible companies complicit in violations of Palestinian human rights.
“Your ‘independence’ day is our Nakba”: Thousands of Palestinian citizens of Israel join ‘march of return’ to destroyed village of Lubya
Thousands of Palestinian citizens of Israel participated in a rally and “March of Return” yesterday to commemorate the Nakba, chanting “Your ‘independence’ day is our Nakba” as Israel marked its 66th Independence Day. With flags raised high, singing the Palestinian national anthem, reportedly between 10,000 to 15,000 participants (including non-Palestinian supporters) marched to Lubya, a Palestinian village in the district of Tiberias that was ethnically cleansed and turned to rubble during the Nakba. Marchers called for unity and the right of return for Palestinian refugees.
On Saturday, May 3, Israeli forces broke up a peaceful demonstration of Palestinian journalists at the checkpoint of Beit El near Ramallah on World Press Freedom Day. That same day, the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCRH) released a report stating violations against Palestinian journalists include being shot at, killed, wounded, beaten, home invasions, confiscation of press badges and equipment, arrests, and being thrown in prison.
An international campaign of sports activists, Red Card Israeli Racism (IRCR), aim to “bring pressure on Israel to drop its racism and apartheid policies and laws.”
Thousands of Israeli soldiers protest ‘their hands are tied’ while serving in the occupied territories
A video recorded in Hebron (al-Khalīl) last Sunday by Youth Against Settlements (YAS) has set off a firestorm of protest by soldiers in the Israeli military. The video shows a soldier brandishing and aiming a loaded weapon at a boy who was clearly was not a danger to him. In the wake of the Hebron video, soldiers are “demanding that the state of Israel give them the opportunity to appropriately deal with the challenges they encounter in the field.”
SodaStream stocks have been jumping around this week after a Globes report surfaced out of Israel that claimed “sources” alleged corporate coffee giant Starbucks, “arguably the first international symbol of globalized consumerism”, might buy a 10% stake in the home seltzer product located in an illegal Israeli settlement inside the occupied Palestinian territories.
‘We ask you to show solidarity with the farmers and their families of Gaza’: Open letter to Neil Young from Gaza agricultural workers
A letter from the Gaza Union of Agricultural Work Committees Association asking Neil Young to cancel his upcoming show in Israel.