- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 46
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 27
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 40
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 11
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 51
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 68
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 3 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 18 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 21 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 21 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 22 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (40)
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (51)
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (46)
- talknic: @ DaBakr “so much concern for 100s of 1000s of the Syrian war victims I can feel oozing from your...
- quercus: DaBakr. I’ll bet you lose lots of sleep over those 100s of 1000s of Syrians who have died in a civil...
- ritzl: Yep. And don’t forget the Democratic platform vote on Jerusalem in 2012: http://youtu.be/63h_v6uf0Ao...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (11)
- LeaNder: May I offer you a mental bridge, Libra? To get over the passages that trigger your revolt? Quite possibly...
- Resurrecting Passover? (34)
- talknic: @ jon s “Let’s not lose sight of the central theme of Passover, which is to remember …”...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (27)
- LeaNder: Ok, get it. Hostage, huge thanks by the way for one of your recent sources. John B. Quigley, Palestine is a...
Author Archives: Annie Robbins
Safa and Nabil Sbaih hope to build a new house in their home village of Al Aqaba.
Roger Cohen and Jeffrey Goldberg are aligned in accusing the BDS movement of seeking the end of the Jewish state. They should stop impugning the reputations of BDS supporters because of their fears. The movement has gained traction because it is the only means of ending the occupation.
Odeh Hamad, 27, was shot in the head with a live bullet by the Israeli military December 20, 2013 when he and his 23-year-old brother Radaad, were collecting scrap metal at a garbage dump near the border in Gaza to support their family. The human rights organization B’Tselem has called for a criminal investigation of the killing. “Odeh Hamad was shot in the head despite posing no danger to anyone,” it concluded; and Israeli soldiers did nothing to try and save the man as he lay dying.
Two members of the House of Representatives from Illinois have introduced a bill against the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement. With the Orwellian name of the “Protect Academic Freedom Act,” it seeks to bar federal funds from going to academic institutions that back the BDS movement. “Congress has a responsibility to fight back against these hateful campaigns, which contradict academic freedom and are designed to delegitimize the Jewish State of Israel,” said GOP Representative Peter Roskman, who introduced the bill along with his Democratic colleague, Rep. Dan Lipinski. A chorus of voices have slammed the legislation as unconstitutional.
A group of Ultra-Nationalist rabbis wrote an open letter to John Kerry on Sunday comparing him to the Purim holiday villain Haman and accusing him of making “a declaration of war against the Creator and Ruler of the universe.”
Rafi Gozlan, the chief economist at Leader Capital Markets, one of Israel’s top investment banks, is speculating that the threat of boycott and sanctions against Israel, as well as the controversy surrounding Scarlett Johansson’s global ambassadorship for SodaStream, could have attributed to the weakening of the shekel.
You don’t think Israel is scared about the boycott movement? It landed on John Kerry for even mentioning the word, and now SodaStream stock fell 3 percent, over fears of boycott, per Bloomberg’s analyst
As the lopsided Super Bowl took place on lands once belonging to Native Americans, the Oneida Nation issued a call to end the racist slur for the Washington football team
‘You seem to be on both sides of this legitimate/illegitimate kind of a thing’: State Dept. spox says neither Israeli settlements, nor settlement boycotts, are legitimate
There was an amusing exchange today at the State Departments’ Daily Press Briefing the sums up the confused and contradictory U.S. policy towards Israeli settlements.
Palestinians living near West Bank SodaStream factory urge Scarlett Johansson to end role with occupation profiteer
A network of Palestinians living near the SodaStream factory in the illegal settlement of Ma’ale Adumim in Occupied Palestine, as well as Israeli and international grassroots activists who work with them, have issued a press release today calling on Scarlett Johansson to step down as SodaStream spokesperson.
Michael Grimm got into Congress with the help of the rightwing Israel lobby. Now he seems to be doing everything he can to get out of there!
Lost in Occupation: Scarlett Johansson ends relationship with Oxfam to stick with SodaStream (Updated)
Late Wednesday the Associated Press broke the news that Scarlett Johansson is ending her relationship with Oxfam and staying on as a “global brand ambassador” with SodaStream. A statement released by a Johansson spokesperson cited “a fundamental difference of opinion in regards to the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement” between the actress and the international humanitarian organization.
Palestinian teens Mutussam Abu Kirsh and Yasmeen El Najjar, both amputees and both wearing prosthetic limbs, reached Africa’s highest summit on Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund ‘Climb of Hope’
Why is the Washington Post carrying water for the Israeli government on the unending occupation of the Jordan Valley?
Israeli p.r. says that Christians in the occupied territories are leaving because of Muslims. Then why is the state poised to steal land that will separate the legendary Cremisan monastery from its convent? The last chance for the Palestinian landowners is a high court ruling Jan. 29
A new fantastic SodaStream/Scarlett graphic from Stephanie Westbrook.
Actress Scarlett Johansson is a global ambassador for Oxfam and now the face of SodaStream, which builds seltzer makers in the occupied West Bank. Oxfam opposes trade with such companies because they help deny Palestinians their rights. Oxfam is now “in dialogue” with Johansson– as it was in dialogue with actress Kristin Davis, before she severed her ties with an occupation-company. Johansson’s big Super Bowl ad for SodaStream is due out in 10 days. Something’s got to give.
‘Blood bubbles’ and ‘blood cocktails.’ Is that the brand Scarlett Johansson wanted to endorse? Her teaming up with SodaStream, a seltzer maker in the occupied West Bank, has kicked off a paradigm shift for the occupation and the company. Suddenly everyone knows that the product is controversial, as New York Magazine and the financial press are demonstrating with eyebrow-raising coverage
Two Palestinian teens, both wearing prosthetic limbs, Mutussam Abu Kirsh, 16, and Yasmeen El Najjar, 17, are scaling Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak at 19,341 feet above sea level, to raise awareness of the plight of sick and injured children in Palestine and Syria
A growing movement inside Gaza is offering nonviolent resistance to Israel’s control over as much of a mile of territory in the “buffer zone”
The Scarlett letter is still A, but this time it’s Apartheid, in a social media piece mocking Scarlett Johansson’s decision to be the face of SodaStream, which makes seltzer devices in a settlement inside the occupied West Bank
There was a packed house for the London launch of Just World Books’ Gaza Writes Back, Short stories from Young Writers in Gaza, Palestine yesterday.
Jon Stewart knocks it totally out of the ballpark in this recent episode of the Daily Show. He skewers AIPAC, congress and Israel over AIPAC’s proposed Iran sanctions legislation, and then some.
The Israel Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA) has published a 74-page illustrated study guide titled “Zionism Unsettled” that puts an “end to the silence surrounding the impact of Zionism.”
SodaStream lost a quarter of its value after it signed Scarlett Johansson to be the pretty face for its occupying ways