- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 30
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 15
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 12
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 5
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 11
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive … 0
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 117
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @imAK48: Fmr @NewIsraelFund Director & now Board member calls Nelson Mandela an "Israeli hero" http://t.co/cse8R6gP1r uhm > https://t.co/LMBVvZV4P7, 5 hours ago
- RT @IDFfan: .@Daroff @JeffreyGoldberg talking shop outside the White House http://t.co/MJIdfOjm94, 5 hours ago
- RT @joshnathankazis: Jewish groups on Mandela: Praise today, criticism in years past. http://t.co/tIKUTkkFcr, 5 hours ago
- RT @J_Insider: Top Tweets from White House Hanukkah Party - http://t.co/HsTs6t8jKz @Daroff @JerrySJFNA, 5 hours ago
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (12)
- Walid: Hi Annie, just watched the first 47 minutes of it; great film with another hour to go but I’ve reached...
- David Kattenburg: An audio story about Al-Quds that I produced last year. Says it all: http://www.greenplanetmonit...
- RoHa: A real teacher teaching Shakespeare! Have I fallen through a timewarp? “And so he uses a mix of...
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry (30)
- Sammar: “Can someone explain why the Arab Spring has not arrived in Jordan?” Maybe because people in...
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (11)
- Hatim Kanaaneh: Thanks so much LeaNder . I don’t get your drift about the swamps. But yes, I am from Galilee and I...
- Annie Robbins: Just goes to show where collaboration with Israel can lead …. great review. except nowhere in...
- W.Jones: Yes. In order to continue to discuss it, I will read the book at length. It sounds like a good read, no...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (27)
- Annie Robbins: keith, to begin with, you’re making a lot of assumptions i wouldn’t make and that i think...
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution (2)
- pabelmont: Yes and I hope the Cornell SJP and all the others will protest that existing close relationship as well...
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (15)
- Talkback: Kerry didn’t criticize “settlements” but to “announce planning” to build...
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (12)
Author Archives: Joseph Dana and Mairav Zonszein
a vigil on August 10 for Palestinians evicted from East Jerusalem homes, in “Judaizing” of what was supposed to be capital of Palestinian state
Israel evicts Palestinians from homes in East Jerusalem they have lived in for over 50 years. Thereby destroying the 2-state solution, which calls for a Palestinian capital in E. Jerusalem.
A rally was held this evening protesting the arrival of the US envoys in Israel. Members of National Union, Likud and Israel Beiteinu led the crowd, which included Kahanists wearing t-shirts saying “Kahane was right,” referring to Meir Kahane’s ideology of violence against all who stand in the way of the constant expansion of Jewish territory.
The people that attended the rally think that occupying another people and chanting racist slurs at the first black president of the United States (who was elected by a majority of American Jews who support him) is their expression of freedom and democracy. As a humanist and a pragmatist, it can feel very uneasy and unsafe in this country. (VIDEO) Continue reading