- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 14
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 17
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 3
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 7
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 22
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 8
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 28
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 4
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1698
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1358
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 87
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 87
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/23/2013 - http://t.co/wBmYhiuSJr, 1 hour ago
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 14 hours ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 17 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 19 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 19 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (41)
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature and substance of this report are questionable and give the impression of a smear operation’ (8)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (93)
- Shingo: How “many” exactly? Yes, that’s the question I too would like to know, seeing as the ALA were small in...
- Citizen: Yep, Hostage is a BIG PLUS on this blog. He sure knows his way around government archives. And he...
- Cliff: mondonut said: ” This is getting tiresome, so this is my last reply to this repeated nonsense.”...
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable (28)
- Bumblebye: The political response seems over the top to me, making too much of it. That fires up the wrong people....
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (40)
- Hostage: This comment resorts to the similar argument that all Jewish people are represented by the Zionist gang...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (48)
- Cliff: no, not many people just Zionist Jews and their ideological allies normal people (non-tribal) can identify...
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Nima Shirazi
‘Constructive engagement’ didn’t work in South Africa, so why are liberal Zionists pushing it for Israel?
It is now commonly accepted that Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher’s “constructive engagement” police towards apartheid South Africa was wrong, both morally and strategically. Yet, these exact sentiments are now echoed in the liberal Zionist community with respect to even the most timid and selective application of BDS.
The Ironic Lady: Margaret Thatcher, supposed champion of ‘freedom and democracy’, and her dictator friends
Margaret Thatcher died Monday, April 8, 2013, at the age of 87. While there is no dearth of hagiographic profiles of the former British Prime Minister in the mainstream press and scathing vitriol elsewhere, it should be remembered that, throughout her career, Thatcher was a staunch supporter of many of the world’s most brutal regimes, propping up and arming war criminals and dictators in service to Western imperialism, anti-Communism and neoliberal hegemony.
Argo’s Academy Award shows that we have yet again been blinded by the heavy dust of politics and our American mantra of hostility and resentment will continue to inform our decisions, dragging us closer and closer to the abyss.
Former Israeli Amb to Obama on his visit: ‘You cannot come to an area that exhibits signs of apartheid and ignore them’
Alon Liel, a former Israeli Foreign Ministry Director-General and ex-Ambassador to South Africa, said on February 20, “In the situation that exists today, until a Palestinian state is created, we are actually one state. This joint state — in the hope that the status quo is temporary — is an apartheid state.”
Consensus: Right wing govt minister says Israel is not a state of all its citizens; liberal Zionist icon calls for cantons to avoid bi-nationalism
Two recent statements — one from a right wing government minister and the other a liberal Zionist icon — reveal the staggering degree of racism in Israeli political discourse.
The Associated Press’ favorite conduit for pathetic Israeli propaganda on the Iranian nuclear program, George Jahn, came out with another doozy on Tuesday. Under a banner touting a “Big Story,” Jahn published an article headlined, “AP Exclusive: Graph suggests Iran working on bomb,” which purported to show proof that “Iranian scientists have run computer simulations for a nuclear weapon that would produce more than triple the explosive force of the World War II bomb that destroyed Hiroshima.”
While the New Yorker may be changing the mainstream UWS paradigm with its publication of Munayyer’s excellent article, The New York Times remains firmly entrenched in Zionist talking points.
What We Won’t Hear in Boca: Nine things to remember during the Iran section of the presidential debate tonight
Nima Shirazi presents nine things to keep in mind about Iran during the third presidential debate between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.
Goldberg ignores decades of consistent Iranian statements on nuclear weapons for the sake of propaganda
The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg recently cataloged four years of statements from Barack Obama to prove the president has consistently committed to using “military force to prevent Iran from getting the bomb.” But if repetition made Goldberg a believer in Obama, why does he ignore the past two decades of statements by senior Iranian officials promising never to obtain nuclear weapons?
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (really) likes using visual aids. He has brought to the podium Xeroxed copies of old letters, meeting minutes and, now, a dazzlingly crude drawing of a cartoon bomb to illustrate this fearsome inevitability. Here’s a quick look at years past
That was then, this is now, the Netanyahu edition: When it comes to trying to bully the United States into setting “red lines” or even perhaps initiating a war of aggression, Benjamin Netanyahu has stuck to the same script for a decade now.
If the US doesn’t believe the allegations about Mossad’s backing of the MEK to murder Iranian scientists, that probably means that the US believes (read: knows) that Mossad itself is responsible for the attacks.
U.S. and Israeli policies of invasion and occupation rather than religious extremism are the guiding forces behind acts of terrorist violence, but you wouldn’t know it from the New York Times
Another election cycle is nearing an end and with it as always comes the same tired fearmongering and war hysteria. Threats and predictions of an unprovoked, illegal Israeli assault on Iran are once again flooding the media with dire warnings of fabricated and meaningless – but sufficiently spooky – phrases such as Iran’s supposedly looming “zone of immunity,” which until recently was ominously dubbed the “point of no return.” We’ve been through this charade for three decades with no end in sight.
Hasbara outfit StandWithUs has placed its own billboards at Metro-North train stations in New York and Connecticut in an attempt to counter a much-discussed awareness campaign depicting the loss of Palestinian land over the past sixty-six years, paid for by Henry Cliffords’ Committee for Peace in Israel/Palestine. StandWithUs’ counter-campaign is aimed at denying the validity of Palestinian ties its own homeland by presenting the Old Testament as a divine land deed.
Let’s go to the Farsi: Pro-Israel media sources are misquoting a speech by Iranian President Ahmadinejad in an effort to push war with Iran
Yitzhak Shamir justified terrorism proudly in his statements about the Nakba and the independence period
The Arison family, one of the wealthiest families in the world, has owned the Miami Heat from its early years in the 1980s (Micky Arison is above, far right). The Arisons also own the Israeli construction company Shikun and Binui, which operates in Israel, Asia, Africa and the occupied territories.
Two news reports by major wire services this weekend demonstrate just how pervasive misinformation and propaganda are in the mainstream media when it comes to the Iranian nuclear issue.
Speaking to an international assembly of 1,600 conservative rabbis in Atlanta today, Joe Biden said that Israel still had time to attack Iran if it so chooses.
With such impunity for war crimes and crimes against humanity a benchmark of the Israeli state, any hope for real justice is futile. Read the story of the Israeli military’s willful murder of the Samouni family’s men, women, and children, as reported in relevant sections of the Goldstone Report.
The art of inception is planting a dream in someone else so they think they came up with the idea
Obama never mentioned Palestine or Palestinians in his homage to Israel at the Holocaust memorial yesterday
Mike Wallace’s August 2006 interview with Iranian President Ahmadinejad made headlines around the world and cemented Ahmadinejad’s reputation as a genocidal threat to Israel and a confrontational denier of the Holocaust in the hearts and minds of Western audiences. But those threats and denials came from Wallace’s voice-over, not Ahmadinejad’s actual words.
NY high school students visit Western Wall, Israel Museum, and AJC, but Foxman blasts them for daring to meet Palestinians
Exclusive school in New York did not get enough hasbara on its trip to Israel and Palestine to meet Abe Foxman’s standards