- Gaza– and ‘Guernica’ 6
- Attacks on demonstrators in Rome 13
- Hasbarah Bingo 24
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 101
- Fabricated martyrdom? 4
- Destruction of Gaza’s children is something ‘every one of us … 49
- Video: Protesters set Israeli checkpoint aflame following funeral in Beit … 10
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Berkeley rabbi mounts a soapbox in my living room 0
- Israeli forces shell UN school where displaced Palestinians gathered, killing … 0
- Why Israel’s legal justifications for ‘Operation Protective Edge’ are wrong 0
- The swan song of the Israeli left 0
- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 0
- ‘No food, no water to revive awaiting certain death…’: Horrifying … 0
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 0
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 229
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 132
- Israeli forces shell UN school where displaced Palestinians gathered, killing … 128
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Gaza-- and 'Guernica': Devastating set of photos by @allissoncd from Shujaiya: http://t.co/gfJU1Wlmle via @mondoweiss, 2 hours ago
- Gaza-- and 'Guernica' http://t.co/mOq48ee2in http://t.co/fTJSbKb5L8, 10 hours ago
- Attacks on demonstrators in Rome http://t.co/Q1lh26PYcL, 12 hours ago
- RT @YousefMunayyer: The Israeli military, which shelled a UN school, wants you to take their word over the words of civilians injured in the blast., 17 hours ago
- RT @Phan_N: Haaretz: Israel's reason for "humanitarian ceasefire" was to show Gazans & Hamas leaership the scope of devastation. http://t.co/820LYXGI1o, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Category Archives: Freedom Funnies
In 2011, the board of New York’s LGBT Center instituted a ban on all Palestine-related organizing at the center at the urging of Zionist funders like Michael Lucas. One year ago, queer activists and allies occupied the lobby of the center to protest this ban. Two organizers from the organization FIERCE perfomed an amazing spoken word piece at the demonstration that I felt beautifully, elegantly tied together the disparate struggles of anti-apartheid activists and those fighting for freedom for all people here in NYC. I asked if I could turn that piece into a comic, which I have been slowly working on since then.
In the latest installment of Freedom Funnies, Ethan Heitner talks with Larissa Sansour about the cultural boycott and the controversy over her rejection by the Lacoste Elysee Prize.
Palestinian filmmaker and writer Annemarie Jacir explains her decision to not screen a film in the Haifa film festival and the rationale for the cultural boycott of Israel.
In the second installment of Freedom Funnies Palestinian filmmaker Annemarie Jacir describes how Israeli control over Palestinian movement in the occupied territories impacted the production of her film ‘Salt of This Sea.’
This is the first in a monthly series of comics Ethan Heitner will be producing for Mondoweiss. In the first installment, Heitner interviews Palestinian artist Samia Halaby about the cultural boycott of Israel.