- Survivors of massacre in Khuza’a say Israeli forces used Palestinians … 5
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 45
- The killing fields 1
- As in Vietnam and South Africa, Gazan masses are willing … 1
- Hamas dragged Israel into Gaza and got it to kill … 20
- Fox’s Hannity abuses Yousef Munayyer, says he has a ‘thick … 34
- Raising money for Israelis being bombed in hospitals and schools, … 5
- Six Palestinians are killed in West Bank in protests of … 2
- Israel’s ‘defeat’ 0
- The green line is gone: Hundreds of Palestinian citizens of … 0
- ‘Slate’ blames Birthright for indoctrinating American Jew who was killed … 0
- Oh what a lovely war! 0
- Something you can do, wherever you are 0
- US plays decisive role in Israel’s attack on Gaza 0
- Humanitarian agencies warn of imminent water crisis in Gaza 0
- ‘We know that Israel has no red line when it … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- As in Vietnam and South Africa, Gazan masses are willing to pay high price for freedom -- Kasrils http://t.co/9EjuFSuf6j, 9 mins ago
- RT @grahamliddell: Report: Kerry ceasefire proposal called for open #Gaza-Israel borders, construction of seaport http://t.co/fBzJx65gcI, 10 mins ago
- RT @allissonCD: Fleeing-what everyone is doing in #Gaza, but there's no space in emergency shelters to accommodate the masses. http://t.co/VygSFWJDXB, 11 mins ago
- Photo: The killing fields of Shejaiya http://t.co/mA4SJ2KBmi, 13 mins ago
- Raising money for Israelis being bombed in hospitals and schools, NY synagogue has not 1 breath for Palestinian dead http://t.co/zeXZsSfLdz, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Tag Archives: Operation Cast Lead
Alex Kane talks with Dr. Mads Gilbert as Gilbert embarks on his latest speaking tour across the U.S. discussing Gaza, Cast Lead and the deepening siege. (Photo: Amanda Laprade)
The pain of Cast Lead is still festering, just beneath the surface in Gaza. It is evident in the estimated 6,500 amputees you see almost everywhere — some begging, others going about their everyday lives. One of the lasting stories of Cast Lead that haunts me the most is the fate of 11-year-old Amal al-Samouni.
Ami Kaufman of +972 Magazine highlights this disgusting message from Danny Danon, a Likud Party member of the Israeli Knesset: I am currently in Ashkelon to witness the security problem facing the city specifically in neighborhoods with new Olim and … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
One of the most striking things that I took away from my time in Egypt last winter was the extent to which the U.S.-backed Mubarak dictatorship goes to squash public dissent on their government’s Gaza policy. Swarms of riot police … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
My post about nonviolence vs. violence and the Gaza Flotilla unleashed a heated debate. Max Ajl, David Bromwich, Robin Yassin-Kassab, Ken O’Keefe elsewhere, Max Ajl again, and Norman Finkelstein outside this forum have spilled many impassioned electrons on this topic, not to mention … Continue reading
A chorus of statements from human rights organizations has determined that both Israel and Palestinian authorities have failed to conduct independent, impartial investigations into alleged war crimes committed during last year’s Israeli assault on Gaza. The United Nations’ Goldstone report … Continue reading