- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 23
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 3
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 22
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 23
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 6
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 45
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 56
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 182
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 8 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 11 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 11 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 12 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (6)
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (23)
- Bandolero: piotr I completely agree with you. And I would even go further: the Republicans have with Rand Paul a...
- piotr: I spent some money to support “anyone but Hillary” (I am not a tycoon, so it is merely a record...
- piotr: “It should be exciting to see a politician who stands up in public and takes on the lobby.” This...
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (3)
- tokyobk: He gave me the creeps too, the way he chewed on his pencil, though he did pick an important fight with the...
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (13)
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (23)
- ritzl: @Stephen Shenfield- Great point. And you have to ask who the dueling accusers are trying to influence to get...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (22)
- Hostage: New York, New York. Are you alluding to Sullivan’s timing or are you pleased to be there? Yes, I was...
Tag Archives: Operation Cast Lead
Alex Kane talks with Dr. Mads Gilbert as Gilbert embarks on his latest speaking tour across the U.S. discussing Gaza, Cast Lead and the deepening siege. (Photo: Amanda Laprade)
The pain of Cast Lead is still festering, just beneath the surface in Gaza. It is evident in the estimated 6,500 amputees you see almost everywhere — some begging, others going about their everyday lives. One of the lasting stories of Cast Lead that haunts me the most is the fate of 11-year-old Amal al-Samouni.
Ami Kaufman of +972 Magazine highlights this disgusting message from Danny Danon, a Likud Party member of the Israeli Knesset: I am currently in Ashkelon to witness the security problem facing the city specifically in neighborhoods with new Olim and … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
One of the most striking things that I took away from my time in Egypt last winter was the extent to which the U.S.-backed Mubarak dictatorship goes to squash public dissent on their government’s Gaza policy. Swarms of riot police … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
My post about nonviolence vs. violence and the Gaza Flotilla unleashed a heated debate. Max Ajl, David Bromwich, Robin Yassin-Kassab, Ken O’Keefe elsewhere, Max Ajl again, and Norman Finkelstein outside this forum have spilled many impassioned electrons on this topic, not to mention … Continue reading
A chorus of statements from human rights organizations has determined that both Israel and Palestinian authorities have failed to conduct independent, impartial investigations into alleged war crimes committed during last year’s Israeli assault on Gaza. The United Nations’ Goldstone report … Continue reading