Hard times: Pro-Israel group will pay young Jews $100 to watch its movies

Activism

You’ve surely heard that young American Jews are turning away from Israel. They don’t really care that much about the Jewish state. Well a pro-Israel propaganda shop has the answer. Jerusalem U is dedicated to building a connection between American Jews and Israel by producing pro-Israel documentaries.

And the Israel brand has fallen on such hard times that the organization is paying young people a “stipend” of $100 to watch its movies.

Here are some of the movies you can watch for your C-note.

This one’s about being an Israeli soldier. “Beneath the Helmet: From High School to the Home Front. An inspiring coming-of-age film about five Israeli soldiers.”

This one’s called Israel Inside, about how a small nation makes a big difference. This one’s called Crossing the Line and is about anti-semitism on campus. This one’s about the birth of Israel. This one’s called Media 101 and is about how the media is biased.

Here’s all you have to do to get $100:

Attain an 80% on the series exams. (Sorry, but we do need to make sure you watched the videos!)

Attend 1-2 live events coordinated by Jerusalem U. Live events may include participation in an event on campus or a live interactive webinar.

Complete entire series within 6 weeks of the start date

Further qualifications say that you must be “between the ages of 18-26.”

Time was when young Jews really cared about Israel and didn’t have to be bribed to care. Times have changed.

philweiss

1. a blah chick
    a blah chick
    May 24, 2016, 3:18 pm

Wouldn’t it work just as well, and be a lot cheaper, simply to get “Exodus,” “Cast a Giant Shadow,” and “Operation Thunderbolt” from Netflix and watch them until your eyes bleed?

Maybe we can use this thread to recommend for the young’uns the “best worst” Zionist films of all time. My own guilty pleasure is “The Pirate” (1978). That movie had it all: noble Isrealis; a libidinous Arab playboy (who’s really a Jew raised by Arabs); wicked Palestinian terrorists who kill while wearing IDF uniforms! The kids’ll love it.

Mooser
      May 24, 2016, 4:03 pm

“a libidinous Arab playboy (who’s really a Jew raised by Arabs)”

Well, that’s a new wrinkle on “The Sheik” ! (with Rudolf Valentino. 1921)
      Lady Diana Mayo: “His hand is so large for an Arab” at about 1:22- 1:26

pabelmont
        May 24, 2016, 4:58 pm

Some people, we have all heard recently, have small hands. Hmmm.

2. Mike Hite
    Mike Hite
    May 24, 2016, 3:33 pm

Is there no limit that Israel will not go to spread propaganda? This program shows how afraid Israel is of losing the future support of American Jews.

3. Kay24
    Kay24
    May 24, 2016, 4:42 pm

It smells of desperation. Perhaps they are afraid they are losing the young Jews, who will not buy their narrative that Israel is a victim and they must all support it. How long can you keep scamming your people, and thanks to the internet and social media, even young Jews are opening their eyes to the truth. I guess the illegal squatters might buy this.

4. pabelmont
    pabelmont
    May 24, 2016, 4:59 pm

I guess you can depend on people who are willing to be “bought”. Anyhow, the first clip had GREEEEEAAAT music.

JWalters
      May 24, 2016, 7:59 pm

“I guess you can depend on people who are willing to be ‘bought'”

It appears to be the Zionist way. They may be recruiting future politicians and media voices.

5. amigo
    amigo
    May 24, 2016, 7:12 pm

Where do I sign up.I am willing to watch as many as they can supply.Hell , this would augment my meager income but do I have to be Jewish or fellate a donkey to prove my ever dying love to the cause.

If I get the gig , I will donate half the proceeds to MW.

6. ritzl
    ritzl
    May 24, 2016, 8:00 pm

Why are they all comedies?

7. Ozma
    Ozma
    May 24, 2016, 8:11 pm

Anybody have reliable info on how many Jews are moving to Israel vs how many are leaving? I get contradictory stories on the web?

Misterioso
      May 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Sally, FYI:

“Dear Netanyahu: Radical Zionists Like You Cannot Survive”

Huffington Post, Feb. 24/16, by Alon Ben-Meir, Senior Fellow, Center for Global Affairs, NYU

“A Plea For Reason: An Open Letter to Prime Minister Netanyahu”

EXCERPT:
      “Demographically, the country is facing a grave danger. The number of Israelis emigrating from Israel is roughly equal to the number of those who immigrate to Israel. Nearly one million Israelis, representing 13 percent of the population, emigrated from Israel in the past 20 years. Several polls consistently show that given the opportunity, 30 percent of Israelis would consider leaving the country, mainly for economic reasons and the lack of a prospect of ending the debilitating conflict with the Palestinians.

“In particular, the immigration of young American and European Jews to Israel is consistently trending downward.”

8. Talkback
    Talkback
    May 25, 2016, 8:32 am

Ludovico technique

9. amigo
    amigo
    May 25, 2016, 10:00 am

This must be a new marketing strategy invented by none other than Zionist Israelis.

I bet Ford/GMC/BMW/MB/Toyota /Nissan et al are waiting with bated breath to see how this new approach works.

Just shows you how desperate these folks are.What,s next.A free car .

eljay
      May 25, 2016, 10:15 am

|| amigo: … What,s next.A free car . ||

Prize: Trips to the “Jewish State” and free luxury cars (BMW? Mercedes? Audi?) to drive along “Jewish State” colonists-only roads in Occupied Palestine. What better way for Zio-supremacist Jews to shit on their inferiors than by driving through non-“Jewish State” territory in “Jewish State” cars!

Bonus: Winners will receive guns with which they can summarily execute any non-Jews who offend them with their presence.

Mooser
      May 25, 2016, 11:49 am

.“What,s next.A free car .”

‘My little Jewish Coupe’, of course.
      And we’ll be frum, frum, frum, til’ Daddy takes the T-bird away.

Misterioso
        May 25, 2016, 4:59 pm

Mooser

Is that “frum” as in David Frum, a loyal servant of Israel?

Mooser
        May 25, 2016, 5:38 pm

I guess you’re not a Beach Boychiks fan?
        Frum” means observant, a person who observes the many requirements of Jewish dietary and religious regime is frum.

And I got that definition straight from Iceberg, the coolest surfer on the beach.

JWalters
        May 25, 2016, 9:01 pm

LOL! Would that be an armored coupe?

10. chesimardstamp
    chesimardstamp
    May 25, 2016, 5:51 pm

I am guessing ‘meet the requirements’ means proving appropriate age range and somehow, tribal membership. I am far outside of the former but wouldn’t it be a brilliant troll if every Jewish kid (or gentile if it is possible to sign up as such) who is part of an anti-zionist organization or otherwise critical of hasbara, signed up for this to take the money? Granted, they’d have to pay enough attention to score high on the exam, but noting and debunking the bs could be quite constructive.

chesimardstamp
      May 25, 2016, 5:55 pm

I am doing a run through to see how it works.

amigo
        May 25, 2016, 7:08 pm

“I am doing a run through to see how it works”.chesinmardstamp.

Ever fellated a donkey??.

chesimardstamp
        May 25, 2016, 8:57 pm

what happens in Tijuana stays in Tijuana, amigo.

PS cut and paste, it’s ‘chesimardstamp’ no ‘n’.

amigo
        May 26, 2016, 11:55 am

Apologies “chesimardstamp”.

Watch out for those el burros in Tijuana , They like to keek ass.

chesimardstamp
        May 26, 2016, 3:11 pm

NP, amigo, mi amigo. Have never had my ass keeked. Can’t wait.

xanadou
      May 25, 2016, 10:57 pm

How about forming a group, then each groupie watches one “documentary”, writes a synopsis and distributes same among group members. I have no idea how to get around the indoctrination webinars or pontification events, tho’.

chesimardstamp
        May 26, 2016, 2:15 am

great idea. as long as said synopses are adequate to score the required 80 %. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like only one webinar/event is required.

chesimardstamp
        May 26, 2016, 11:17 am

If I am viewable on the webinar, I will accuse anyone who questions my 18-26 staus as a micro-agressor insensitive to my pre-mature aging disorder.

11. chesimardstamp
    chesimardstamp
    May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm

So far it seems in no way worth the money. Aside from the content, I did some rough math and it only pays about $11/hr. Which is fine if your doing something a little less brainwashing, like working at a Scientology center. (zing!). Having only cast off my zionist indoctrination relatively recently, I feel a bit like an alcoholic on his first trip back to the bar… not worth it.

chesimardstamp
      May 25, 2016, 6:44 pm

Maybe kids could share the answers if they don’t vary, cheat the tests and collect?

chesimardstamp
        May 25, 2016, 9:01 pm

Bankruptcy
        (through)
        Deceit
        (and)
        Subterfuge

12. genesto
    genesto
    May 27, 2016, 6:07 pm

I can just see the Birthwrong people jumping on this opportunity to get an easy $100 by simply sitting through this hasbaracrap, using cheat sheets (provided by previous viewers) to pass the exams (thereby affording them an opportunity to get some work done on their smartphones or catch some shuteye), then waltzing off with the money for a first class night out!

13. Jesse Eek
    Jesse Eek
    September 14, 2016, 9:05 pm

Still a better way to inform people than feeding them propaganda?